In the Shepherd's Shack.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 336 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 15:55
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
As Merlin and Mason are parting ways outside, a strange sound and - just faintly and briefly - flicker of light is notable near the castle.
Merlin
 player, 237 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Tue 10 Apr 2012
at 16:26
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg #64):

"Guard. Take this bow and head to the castle."

Merlin tosses the bow and quiver to Mason. He then disappears.

Hidden from view by the charm Shrouding the Mind and Body , Merlin activates his Wings of the Raptor and heads with all speed to the castle. On the way he activates Air Dragon Sight  and concentrates on the castle ahead of him.
Mason Vaugn
 player, 38 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 14:31
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason looked confusedly at Merlin's actions.  Then with a thought, he walked back into the tavern and back to the table where he had been before.  "You're friend saw must have seen something weird at the castle, because he took off in that direction rather hurriedly.  Do you have any idea why he might do such a thing?"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 215 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Wed 11 Apr 2012
at 16:00
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Bea continues eating, but her long, pointed ears twitch a bit as the conversation outside unfolds. Rather than stop eating to respond to Mason out loud, she pulls out parchment and a charcoal pencil and quickly writes a message, handing it to Mason for him to read.


As Mason finishes reading, Beatrix says "This roast is superb, especially for something made on short notice. Should we save some for our friend?"
Sevastian
 player, 126 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Fri 13 Apr 2012
at 16:03
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Sevastian smiles at the conversation and heads outside with Merlin and Mason.  Nothing more to say.   As Merlin tosses the bow to mason and then disappears the butler just starts walking to the castle, his pack slung over his back.

OOC:
His intent is to head back to the rooms alotted for the group in order to find the young lady he had spoken with before.  Should he see the "light" at the castle he will detour out of curiosity.

Sevastian
 player, 127 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Fri 13 Apr 2012
at 17:09
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
After a few steps Sevastian notes the light, mostly because the sound draws the gaze of his deep blue eyes.

His curiosityb being as inevitable as the tides, gets the better of him and he ups his pace heading in the direction of the light and sound.
Captain August Galen
 player, 97 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2012
at 17:51
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg #67):

The creature referred to as Carabas crawls out of Galen's sleeve and looks at the note, then up to Beatrix and Mason, tilting its head slightly to the side.

"Hey. Do you guys want a ride to the castle? I can take you there very fast." Its voice is that of a small child, soft and curious.
Mason Vaugn
 player, 39 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Sun 15 Apr 2012
at 19:53
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason looked at the group.  They seemed to be springing into action, so apparently this meant something to them.  After thinking about it for a small moment, he decided that he was at least curious enough to see what all the concern was about.

After Cararbas spoke up, Mason returned his focus to the scene at hand.  "I suppose it would be rude to keep them waiting, wouldn't it, Miss LeSchaye?"  He added under his breath, "whoever they are."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 217 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 16 Apr 2012
at 14:59
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Beatrix stares briefly, wordlessly, at Carabas as it speaks.

"Well," she says after a moment spent to recover her composure, "I suppose it cannot hurt for Merlin to have some measure of assistance. Perhaps we can pick up Sevastian on the way so that we are all together?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 98 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2012
at 13:16
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
The little thing hops delightedly. "Yea! A trip! A trip! We are all going on a trip! Follow me!" And Carabas tries to jump off the table, only to hang off the table side by the golden chain attached from its' collar to Galen's wrist.

"Gack! Oh fudge!"
Carabas scales back up the chain with its little clawed paws, crawling back onto the table, and skips over to Galen. "Oh boy. Oh boy! I didn't think fun important stuff was happening today." Carabas grabs the Captain's coat with its little paws and awkwardly lifts the Captain over its tinny body. It then impossibly hops to a chair seat & then the floor, crudely boobing Galen's unconscious body as it does so (and anciently smacking Galen's head and limbs against the floor).

Carabas cringes at the sound. "Sorry! Oh, I'm so sorry. Oh. I didn't mean to... ug!" The creature, only a fraction of a normal person's size, drags the tall Captain out of the eatery with difficulty.

When any fallowing passengers come out, Carabas looks at them eagerly. "Is everyone ready?" Carabas' form quickly sprouts out from itself. Wood & rock like formations flow-outward from it's tiny body until its original form is lost to sight. It covers Galen's form as well, dwarfing it in a blink.

As quick as a river's flow, the formations stretch across the streets parallel to the party until they reach 100 ft long and 30 ft wide. The wood formations fold over the rock, covering them and molding the outside of this strange thing until it takes a crafted appearance and then solidifies into the shape of one of the fabled airships of the north. From the top, a large gas bag rises up, and with it the ship starts to raise off the ground. Their is an ornately crafted figurehead or a frightening demon that looks at the travelers. Carabas soft voice comes from its' fanged mouth. "Please watch your step.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:18, Tue 17 Apr 2012.

Mason Vaugn
 player, 40 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Wed 18 Apr 2012
at 03:46
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason looked, mouth hanging agape at what he just saw.  This little thing dragged its owner outside and turned into a ship.  While normally he would think about what a scene this must be causing, or about how he might not want to be associated with this, he only had one thought in his head right now.  "What?"
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 34 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Wed 18 Apr 2012
at 07:20
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
As the little creature grabbed the Captain Alistr looked at it. He sigh and put down the roast that he knew would get wasted and was rather good for a larger town. As he followed outside and it unfolded into a Haslanti airship well. He looked at the remaining member of Merlin's friends and says as normally as possible "Does this sort of thing happen often around you guys?"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 219 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 03:01
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Bea recovers from her befuddlement and simply pays for the meal (tipping very generously), strides out and starts to get into the airship. "No. But it will from now on. Thank you, ah, Carabas, was it?"
Mason Vaugn
 player, 41 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 03:49
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason swung himself onto the deck of the airship, having regained his composure.  "It's not important right now whether or not it happens all the time.  It's happened now, and that's the important part.  Let's get a move on."
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 35 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 04:24
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
"True Goodman however it tells me how circumspect they are being and how circumspect I must be. This is not so a glowing silver bear jumping off of the deck wielding a large silver hammer isn't either but the second is a different type of non-hiding what we are." Alistr grins rather feral-like when he talks about the bear.
Captain August Galen
 player, 99 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 15:09
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Beatrix LeSchaye:
"No. But it will from now on. Thank you, ah, Carabas, was it?"


"Yup!" Happily chirps the demonic figurehead, and what passes as a bemused grin twists it's already warped toothy maw.

As passengers board ship it has plush seats for them to sit at. There is a captain's chair in the middle, made of what looks like iron studded & ornately crafted oak. In the chair sits the unconscious figure of Galen. The golden chain is still wrapped around the Captain's wrist, and it is attached at it's other end to a link ended in the chair. It appears even in this form Carabas cannot escape the chain.

Once everyone who wishes to board in on, the ship briskly leaves the ground and sails over the rooftops and tree-lines toward the castle and where the bright glow was seen.

(OOC: are any characters familiar with Northern Airships?)
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 37 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 15:40
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
PM
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 340 posts
Fri 20 Apr 2012
at 17:46
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
The airborn approach does not go unnoticed by guards, and a bustle of torches starts to gather on the walls. It seems even to attract more attention than whatever is going on within them.

As the ship and Merlin fly closer, they can make out that the "light" from within is a moving object catching the light from torches and lanterns below, and sometimes obscuring a lit window. Sevastian is the first to recognize a familiar sound over the distant guards' voices as he walks along: an excited yelp that sounds like his younger brother.

Those peering over the walls from their lofty positions in the sky can make out, before too much longer, that the fluttering object is some sort of rigid structure catching the wind. Merlin recognizes it first, but everybody here saw it earlier this afternoon: it's his wingboard.

On it are two small humanoid figures, struggling to keep their balance on something designed for one larger, full-grown man as they fight the apparatus in a jerky, unsteady flight that occasionally rises above the towers and - so far - has not intersected with walls, trees, or ground below. Each time it dips dangerously close to a potentially-fatal impact, a flicker of wispy blue light gusts around the duo, briefly illuminating the faces of Freverick and Prince Seln, before it jerks aside and up again, avoiding harm.

If any guards notice this, they're more concerned about the approaching airship.
Mason Vaugn
 player, 42 posts
 Changing Moon Lunar
 Happy to be alive
Sat 21 Apr 2012
at 04:07
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
Mason peered over the edge of the ship as it flew through the air.  "Yep.  We just threw subtlety out of the window."

Sighing, he turned towards the castle to see what appeared to be two kids playing around on that flying board that Merlin was flying on earlier.  "I wonder if that's what Merlin ran off after.  I guess it would make sense since that's his board and all."
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 38 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Sun 22 Apr 2012
at 02:44
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack


"Kids never listen. Damn it okay if I jump and shift the crazed guards are likely to shoot me. I don't have any better ideas though. I'm betting that we don't have very long before one of them gets hurt."
Captain August Galen
 player, 100 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2012
at 13:28
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack


Segev Stormlord:
The airborn approach does not go unnoticed by guards, and a bustle of torches starts to gather on the walls. It seems even to attract more attention than whatever is going on within them.


Carabas' masts start to raise white flags in an attempt to calm the guards, and the ship slows to take in the scene.

Alistr Hamrsoung:
"Kids never listen. Damn it okay if I jump and shift the crazed guards are likely to shoot me. I don't have any better ideas though. I'm betting that we don't have very long before one of them gets hurt."


The ship's boards creek. "Why don't you just shift & then jump, Mr?" asks the ship.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:29, Wed 25 Apr 2012.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 341 posts
Thu 26 Apr 2012
at 21:46
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
The duo on the wingboard get it just slightly enough under control to whoop together and take a quick look around. The sight of the airship causes one of them to startle, setting it to spinning vertically while they try desperately to keep it airborn, but it seems determined to aim nose-down and plummet!
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 39 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 03:50
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
"Blast!" Alistr shouts as he jumps and shifts into his hawk form. Diving as fast as he can in an attempt to get in front of the two boys before they hit the ground.

OOC: 5 successes on 3d10 TN 7 rolls were 10,10,7

This message was last edited by the player at 04:07, Fri 27 Apr 2012.

Captain August Galen
 player, 101 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 08:30
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
(OOC: How fast are they descending? I.e. are they traveling at full speed, or is the Windblade slowed for having the extra crew member?)
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 342 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2012
at 23:11
Re: In the Shepherd's Shack
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg #87):

The wind-blade is nose-diving at faster speeds than a simple unpowered plummet. As Alistr zips towards it, the wind buffets him. Seln grips Freverick tightly, but Frev has a grimly determined look on his face. "I can do this!" he hisses to himself, it only carrying to Alistr's ears because of the suddenly-blue-glowing wind.

Seln nods, sharing Freverick's grim determination after glancing at the other boy. They pull together, but it's too late. Except Alistr is right there...