Chasing the Guildy.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 460 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 03:32
Re: Chasing the Guildy
There is a brook flowing in roughly the right direction, it would make it easier to take them by surprise if it keeps going that way.

(OOC: 2-die stunt; go ahead and roll!)
Captain August Galen
 player, 134 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 11:09
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 9):

((OOC: Total 5 War successes
06:08, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 2 successes using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. 2die War Stunt. ))


Galen offers the tactic to the other travelers.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:20, Sat 01 Dec 2012.

Merlin
 player, 298 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 16:18
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg # 10):

Merlin goes with the groups decision, acting as a scout and tracking to the best of his ability. Once he finds the pair, he will use his armors essence sight to take a look at them once again, attempting to see if they have anything essence charged that might make them harder to subdue.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 461 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 17:39
Re: Chasing the Guildy
While the others maneuver just down-stream (and Ned sleeps peacefully oblivious on Azalea's back), Merlin's stealth skills are aided by the wise tactical use of the stream's noise as well, due to Galen's expert analysis of where it would most help obscure his approach. The duo are camped out in a pair of sumptuous tents - colors distorted and surreal by Merlin's Essence-Sight enhanced vision - around a camp fire banked low under an overturned black iron wok to provide heat without much illumination.

Without his Essence Sight enabling him to see, he would likely have missed them entirely, situated as they are in a small depression no more than five feet deep but surrounded by bracken at just the right heights. Fortunately, that same surreal tone such vision gives everything made a set of near-invisible crystal chimes quite clear to him. They sway, but not in the wind. More like they're actively looking for something. Careful examination all around reveals a perimeter of such devices around the camp. The duo are not, themselves, visible, but their horses are sleeping, tied to stakes outside their tents.
Merlin
 player, 299 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 17:56
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 12):

Merlin makes his way around the camp to see if the two lay in ambush, but well outside the chimes effective area. Once his circuit has been completed he will return to the others and tell them the lay of the camp. He even suggests that initially he use a chakrum to cut a couple of the tie cords on a tent to make a fall. The chimes should not register, but it will rouse at least one of them so the group can observe their reactions and interactions. It will also make sure that those in the tents are their true targets.
Captain August Galen
 player, 135 posts
Sat 1 Dec 2012
at 18:19
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Merlin (msg # 13):

While Galen waits for Merlin's expert reconnaissance, the Privateer thinks about how insidious the two conspirators' goals are, and grows perturbed with how deep their devious little conspiracy might go.

When Merlin returns with his findings, Galen asks a question. "Would you want me to act as a distraction & bait? I am very good at it, and I'm hard to kill.

Either that, or we could wait for them to start packing up, observe them, and then ambush them just as they are mounting up. Do we have any drugs to incapacitate the horses?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:16, Sun 02 Dec 2012.

Azalea
 player, 61 posts
Sun 2 Dec 2012
at 12:39
Re: Chasing the Guildy

She ponders at the question.

"I am pretty sure I can make something that can put the horses to sleep safely if they eat it."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 297 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 2 Dec 2012
at 23:10
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix nods at the suggestion to subdue the horses. "I would wish to speak with them first, but it would do us well to have a captive audience, so to speak."
Captain August Galen
 player, 137 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 11:37
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 16):

"To be honest, I wouldn't trust anything they say if it is not confessed under thorough interrogation. These two scum are orchestrating the enslavement of free-men and the fall of countries with finesse & dedication and no moral regard. Their impressive camp defenses & precautions confirm they are very good at this, and are very serious.

At best, what they would openly admit to would be half-lies, and at worst, logic traps to lead us to ruin.

We must assume their words are absolute poison, and like a snake or spider, their venom must be milked carefully.

On that note, can anyone here compel truth, read minds, or have any other unique talents to aid interrogation?"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:38, Mon 03 Dec 2012.

Merlin
 player, 300 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 02:08
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg # 17):

Merlin holds up an obsidian chakrum.

"I know some methods of blood letting that tend to get honest answers out of those that want to stop bleeding. I can also probably tell if they are lying based on their heart beat and general demeanor. Otherwise, no."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 298 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 02:10
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"I will know when they are lying," says Beatrix, "And if they elect to do so, that will tell me much by itself. As for compelling truth, I have no such talent. But I can be very convincing when necessary."
Captain August Galen
 player, 138 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 10:52
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Merlin (msg # 18):

"Blood letting? Perhaps. The heart rate trick is quite impressive."

In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 19):

"You can tell when they lie? perfect." The brigand looks down at the noisy creek under them.

"We have several canteens, fabric, and I'm sure we can easily make an inclined board from all the wood around us. And there will be no evidence. We can easily get them to tell us everything. The trick now is catching them."

"Merlin, how do you feel about slipping the horses Azalea's drug?"

Azalea
 player, 62 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 19:42
Re: Chasing the Guildy

Azalea doesn't seem all that comfortable about the implications of violent interrogation, so she opts to assume they're just discussing options and distracts herself with mixing herbs to make the sleeping concotion.
Merlin
 player, 301 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 01:30
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg # 20):

Merlin doesn't seem to have any problem with this, but says, "I suppose I could find a way to drop whatever it is and a pile of hay for them to eat without setting off the alarms. We shall have to see about that however."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 299 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 17:08
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix frowns. "I do not believe there will be any call for excess unpleasantness, Galen. With the option of fleeing on horseback removed, they will either speak with us, or they will fight us and then speak with us once they are defeated. I believe it will find it in their interest to simply speak with us; we should at least make it seem as such unless and until they become belligerent."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 462 posts
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 17:24
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Indeed," agrees Deen, trying to sound menacing while suppressing a yawn, "If they do not cooperate, we'll simply bring them back to my father. His justice will be sufficient to get any information you want." The teenaged prince's excitement over the adventure keeps him energetic despite the bags under his eyes.

In a by-now familiar gesture, he covers the normal eye with his hand and stares about with the red one for a moment before blinking and refocusing on the party. "Salf just checked on us. Doesn't look like they've got any tricks set up, but it's getting hard to tell at this distance from the Tower."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:31, Wed 05 Dec 2012.

Captain August Galen
 player, 139 posts
Thu 6 Dec 2012
at 12:08
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Merlin (msg # 22):

"Excellent."

In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 23):

"Oh! Of course. Of course. Priorities, after all, and initial pleasantries must be a priority.

And as you said, it is good to have 'excess unpleasantness' on the negotiating table when they stop sharing information.

And I have a wonderful & effective method for mandatory truth emergence in the belligerent. It will not shed one drop of blood, nor leave any physical harm."


In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 24):

"Indeed, Lord Deen. The Privateer does a long bow with a green cape to show respect to the young noble. "If you would permit it, I would like to extend my services (free of cost) to act as a representative of your Father's justice. I am practiced, professional, & will do no lasting harm, leave not one scratch, to our valuable prisoners.

I have an eager desire to obtain all valuable information before we take them to your Father's jail, as I worry they may be harmed on the long trip back, either by self sacrifice or the many enemies that lurk out here. And out here, yourself & your brother can witness all knowledge they will reveal, and it will be complete.

Would such a precaution be agreeable to you & your house?"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:11, Thu 06 Dec 2012.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 463 posts
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 03:35
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Deen looks up at the Captain, meeting the older man's eyes with his mismatched own. "That should be acceptable," he says seriously. "But Father will want them alive and coherent. Your skills had best be up to the task." The young man's tone is not threatening, simply matter-of-fact.
Captain August Galen
 player, 140 posts
Mon 10 Dec 2012
at 12:11
Re: Chasing the Guildy
The Captain gives a polite, content smile. "I thank you for your confidence, your Lordship. I think you will be pleased."

Galen turns to the other compatriots. “So how should we handle this? Should we drug the horses, and walk up to chat? Drug the horses, and  use a distraction & apprehend them? Or just drug the horses, and take them as a group?”

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 300 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 03:46
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"I believe drugging the horses won't be necessary. Instead, Galen, if you will just be sure to position yourself between the horses and their masters, and see that neither reaches the other, I believe that should be entirely sufficient," says Beatrix, offering Galen the promise of things to punch.
"Shall we be about it?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:47, Thu 13 Dec 2012.

Merlin
 player, 302 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Fri 14 Dec 2012
at 03:57
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 28):

"Shall I stay in the shadows Lady, as insurance as it were," says the masked figure questioningly. He had been quiet so long that the others had almost forgotten that he was there. Then again, for those that knew him, that was a good thing for a Night Caste to be able to do.

"Should you think a demonstration is necessary, just snap your fingers or something melodramatic."
Captain August Galen
 player, 141 posts
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 14:56
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 28):

"As you wish. I await your signal."

Galen will take any drugs Azalea might have ready, just in case.

Azalea
 player, 63 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 03:49
Re: Chasing the Guildy

She hands him a small pouch with small, soft, grassy spheres.

"No more than one per horse, please."
Captain August Galen
 player, 142 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 09:30
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Azalea (msg # 31):

"Indeed. Thank you." The brigand takes the drugs.

Galen waits for Merlin to leave to take a hidden position, then starts off, as subtly as possible, to take a position between the horses & the tents.


OOC: 6 Successes on Stealth Roll
06:48, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 5 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. StealthRollSneakUpToCamp, 1+Willpower.

Galen will use an Awareness Excellency if an Awareness Roll is required at any time.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:51, Sun 16 Dec 2012.

Captain August Galen
 player, 143 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 14:49
Re: Chasing the Guildy
OOC: If Galen's presence does not start an instant commotion, the two drugs are distributed evenly in the horses' hay.