Chasing the Guildy.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 465 posts
Tue 18 Dec 2012
at 19:38
Re: Chasing the Guildy
As Galen creeps into the camp, it seems at first that nobody has noticed him. However, just as he begins his approach to the horses and truly crosses into the clearing, the crystal chimes set up all around the clearing rotate in an unfelt wind, almost as if looking at the good captain. And they begin to whip about as in a phantom gale, crashing and ringing what would normally be a gently beautiful sound into a glaring cacophony!

The horses' eyes widen and they stamp nervously, suddenly looking all about for the source of threat.
Captain August Galen
 player, 144 posts
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 12:21
Re: Chasing the Guildy
If there is a place to hide between the horses and the tents, Galen does so. They can know a threat is nearby, but The Captain will encourage they're uncertainty by not allowing them to know where the threat is.

If they run to their mounts, the brigand will stand out to block them and expose them to the team.

If there are no places to hide, Galen comes briskly to the horses & claims their reins (but keep them tied to whatever post they were connected to). Galen will try to pacify them with a treat, being the herbal drugs.

The Privateer's prey will have to confront the brigand to claim their best escape option. If they run on foot, Galen is very secure that Merlin & the others will be more then able to subdue them.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:24, Wed 19 Dec 2012.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 301 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 01:39
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix nods to Galen as he heads off, and then begins to count off two minutes in her head to make sure Galen and Merlin have plenty of time to prepare. However, when the noise begins much earlier than expected, she instead sets out immediately, Azalea and Alistr in tow (hopefully).

This message was last edited by the player at 02:55, Fri 21 Dec 2012.

Merlin
 player, 303 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Fri 21 Dec 2012
at 03:22
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Meanwhile, the masked man has taken up his pre-scouted position where he can cover his compatriots. The branch of a certain tree finds itself his perch. It all brings back memories of another time, not so distant, where he perched the trees and slew barbarians on the trail to negotiate with the Fae. That was another time and he cleared his head of memory and concentrated on his surroundings. As the alarms go off his senses broaden to feel the very air itself.


OOC: Activating Air Dragon Senses. 3m
Alistr Hamrsoung
 player, 100 posts
 Full Time No Moon Lunar
 Part time Smith
Mon 24 Dec 2012
at 12:48
Re: Chasing the Guildy
  Having been quiet  and letting the others plan. Alistr knew the risks of the mission so far. As the alarm system goes off he does the one thing that makes sense he charges the perimeter hoping to get their attention. Hammer out and leading the way for him he tries to find a target.

Activating Keen Sight Technique 3m Peripherial.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:54, Mon 24 Dec 2012.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 468 posts
Tue 1 Jan 2013
at 18:01
Re: Chasing the Guildy
A pair of arrows come whizzing out of one of the tents, piercing its fine furs and canvas as if it were mere gossamer. As they fly towards August Galen, a large man in elegant pants (but no shirt) stomps unceremoniously out of the other tent. "Who goes there!?" he demands, leveling a heavy broadsword in the direction of the crashing noise of Alistr's charge.

((OOC: 6 and 5 successes on the two arrow attacks at Galen.

My apologies for being so nonresponsive the last couple of weeks; I've been not on my machine very much due to visiting parents. I should be more attentive come the 7th, when I'm back on my regular schedule. I will strive to do better this week than last, as well, but I can't be positive.))

Captain August Galen
 player, 148 posts
Thu 3 Jan 2013
at 19:25
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 39):

The skill & power behind the shot arrows impress the brigand.

The Captain now knows it will be tricky to get the attacker to come to Galen.

Galen's will play the overwhelmed, and annoyingly lucky, buffoon. August, wearing a frightened face at the arrow onslaught, deliberately slips in the horse manure and tries to tumble behind one of the horses for some moderate cover.

A shower of manure clods are kicked in the direction of the first arrow to help deflect it.

OOC: Galen is trying to stunt dodging the first arrow by comically prat-falling in a seemingly random direction and obscuring the shot with the kicked up horse waste.

When dodging both attacks, Galen uses Shadow Over Water to negate DDV penalties from taking an action for cover & Onslaught Penalties.

I can make a Performance Roll to back up the bluff of being overwhelmed and incompetent if the ST would like one.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 470 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 00:21
Re: Chasing the Guildy
((OOC: Two-die stunt on both dodges.))
Captain August Galen
 player, 150 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2013
at 16:28
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 41):

((OOC:))

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:29, Fri 04 Jan 2013.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 471 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2013
at 16:30
Re: Chasing the Guildy
((OOC: Can't spend wp on stunts; you spend it on the actions associated. I don't think you can spend them on DVs, but I could be wrong. Regardless, looking at the order, it looks like you got the success on the first one, and spent the wp on the second?))

The arrows whip through the space a standing man might have occupied, but don't even knock the gallant hat off of the captain's head before the fall into the mud does that for him.

As Galen was standing amidst the horses, however, one does strike an equine shoulder, causing he horse to rear and whinny in panic. While that one stumbles forward on a leg whose trauma prevents it from galloping, the other yanks at its tether and snaps it, galloping straight ahead in a frenzied flight.
Merlin
 player, 305 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Sat 5 Jan 2013
at 16:47
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 43):

Meanwhile, in the trees, there is a shadow watching. The other arrow, that missed high over the horse flows past the shadow some half dozen yards away. Within the shadows essence is manipulated and a chackrum slips into fingers that few could ever see.



(OOC: Merlin activates Air Dragon Form, and gets ready to use a chackrum to parry the next arrow out of the tent.)
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 302 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 6 Jan 2013
at 22:53
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"I go here," says Beatrix calmly but clearly.
Azalea
 player, 64 posts
Mon 7 Jan 2013
at 00:03
Re: Chasing the Guildy

Azalea looks at Beatrix, not without some puzzlement in her expression at drawing the attention of the guard, but she doesn't do anything in particular for the time being.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 472 posts
Mon 7 Jan 2013
at 03:58
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Clearly startled by the clear and calm declaration from a direction slightly off from the onrushing crashing sounds, the muscular man turns and holds his sword level towards Beatrix. The two dozen or more feet between them minimizes the immediacy of the obvious threat. "What is your business, and why is your man accosting my horses?" he demands, momentarily distracted from Alistr's charge by virtue of the man not being quite clearly visible compared to the two women who've drawn attention to themselves.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 303 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 02:18
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix sniffs her nose derisively. "'My man', as you call him, is an unusually aggressive practitioner of veterinary medicine. His methods are strange, but you cannot argue with the results; he has achieved many extraordinary feats of animal husbandry."
"As for your former question, I am Beatrix LeSchaye, of the Council of Trademeet. I believe that your charge will know from this that I am likely quite cross with her, and that I wish to have words."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 473 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 06:00
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Trademeet?" responds the half-naked man in surprise. "Trademeet Dale? What brings a councilor--?"

"Did she say 'Beatrix?'" interrupts a female voice from within the tent. A pretty woman with luxurious blond hair, wearing a finely-embroidered silk nightdress and carrying a small powerbow made of red jade and ruby "A bunch of foolhardy mortals chasing us would be one thing, but Trademeet would dispatch their irritating Exalt. Why, I do not know, but if she's 'cross' with me, I suppose I should find out why, at least."

The man bows and steps aside, and the woman looks to Galen. "And if you're as good as she claims, do something about my horse before it gets too far. Then tend the arrow wound. You shouldn't have dodged; now poor Lancer is hurt.

"I am Matield al Ystara, Guild Matron,"
she says primly to Beatrix. "By what right dare you claim umbrage with me?"
Azalea
 player, 65 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 07:33
Re: Chasing the Guildy

Azalea remains bewildered while the conversation takes place, until the woman brings the wound to her attention.

As she decides she has little to offer to the conversation, other than keeping an ear to it, she heads towards the wounded horse, taking a small pouch from her belt.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 474 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 14:04
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Ned stirs, probably having been woken by the commotion and only just now getting bold enough to speak. He whispers to Azalea, "What's going on? he asks, adjusting his large bowl-shaped hat to cover his head properly; it had been knocked off while he dozed. "Can I help?"
Captain August Galen
 player, 151 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2013
at 15:53
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Segev Stormlord:
"A bunch of foolhardy mortals chasing us would be one thing...


Segev Stormlord:
You shouldn't have dodged; now poor Lancer is hurt.


Galen sits up and stares at the women for a moment, expressionless. It would be better to keep playing the fool & help Azalea heal the poor animal.

Poor Beatrix somehow bought all of Galen's hype. The fool was poor at medicine, but decent at riding. Pitiful at sword play & shooting, but practiced at fisticuffs. Good at breaking locks & picking pockets, but poor at sneaking. The Galen of today was not half the brigand of the previous ones. More of a lucky thug then a swashbuckler.

"Only a Guild cow like you could value the life of a beast over a human being.

I'll let your beast bleed to death, you horrible bi*%#."


Galen's eyes go big for a moment. The words just flowed out, despite knowing it wasn't wise to show much volition, nor did the thug wish ill to the beast. The person who wore Galen's face realized just how little control was held on old emotions. Hands, buried in horse shit, shook in unexpected rage. Sharp, hidden nails bit into palms, and started to bleed.

The fool was both scared of how intense the sudden anger was growing, and nervous of how good it felt.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:55, Tue 08 Jan 2013.

Azalea
 player, 66 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 05:11
Re: Chasing the Guildy
As Azalea applies the salve to the wounded horse and pets it, attempting to calm it down with a smile and soft words, she looks at Ned.

"I... don't think so? I wish no one gets hurt, but there is not much I can do about it, so I usually busy myself with alleviating the effects of that inevitability. I treat the wounded. I wish I could do something to prevent injuries instead, though."

Noticing that the other horse is still running and Galen isn't going after it, she looks at him with worry, scanning him -by habit- for debilitating injuries.
She seems relieved to find none but a few scratches on his hands, but realizes the potential of infection, especially if he uses those hands to control the other horse.

She approaches him while rubbing some of her salve between her palms, then catches his hands and holds them for a moment as she looks at him.

"I don't think I can run fast enough to catch the other horse. Please stop it before it hurts itself or someone else?"

When she removes her hands, both her own and Galen's are clean - his have stopped bleeding too.

"...and please don't say such things."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 475 posts
Wed 9 Jan 2013
at 14:52
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Captain August Galen:
Segev Stormlord:
"A bunch of foolhardy mortals chasing us would be one thing...


Segev Stormlord:
You shouldn't have dodged; now poor Lancer is hurt.


"Only a Guild cow like you could value the life of a beast over a human being.

I'll let your beast bleed to death, you horrible bi*%#."

"Your beast," says Matield to Beatrix, gracing Galen with barely even a wrinkled nose of disgust, "Seems remarkably ill-bred. Still, I suppose if he can be set to coralling my horse before it gets too far, I will forgive him his trespass, for your sake and the sake of harmony between us.

"To what do I owe the...unexpected...honor of your visit?"

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 476 posts
Thu 10 Jan 2013
at 16:24
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Azalea:
As Azalea applies the salve to the wounded horse and pets it, attempting to calm it down with a smile and soft words, she looks at Ned.

"I... don't think so? I wish no one gets hurt, but there is not much I can do about it, so I usually busy myself with alleviating the effects of that inevitability. I treat the wounded. I wish I could do something to prevent injuries instead, though."

Noticing that the other horse is still running and Galen isn't going after it, she looks at him with worry, scanning him -by habit- for debilitating injuries.
She seems relieved to find none but a few scratches on his hands, but realizes the potential of infection, especially if he uses those hands to control the other horse.

She approaches him while rubbing some of her salve between her palms, then catches his hands and holds them for a moment as she looks at him.
While Azalea is busy tending to Galen, Ned decides to try to help calm the injured horse that's still there. He gets in front of it, looking very small, and talks firmly but gently to it, soothing it while he gets closer.

Azalea:
"I don't think I can run fast enough to catch the other horse. Please stop it before it hurts itself or someone else?"
Ned, for his part, grimaces at Azalea's request. He hopes this Galen person can catch the horse; he's got too short a stride. "There, there," he soothes the one with the arrow in its shoulder, drawing nearer. "Let me get that out for you, and then Miss Azalea will help keep it from getting infected..."
Captain August Galen
 player, 152 posts
Fri 11 Jan 2013
at 12:41
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Azalea:
"I don't think I can run fast enough to catch the other horse. Please stop it before it hurts itself or someone else?"

When she removes her hands, both her own and Galen's are clean - his have stopped bleeding too.

"...and please don't say such things."


((OOC: ))

Glen stares blankly at Azalea.


In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 54):

Galen laughs deeply at the Guild stupid women's comments, but never looks at her. "You are right, Ms. Azalea. I am being awfully silly. Oh well. Back to business. My apologies, Lady Beatrix, for my sudden bout of lack of professionalism!"

The Captain stands up, dusts off the best one can, takes the reins of the horse Azalea calmed, and slowly rides over to the other horse Ned is distracting. Hopefully the presence of the familiar horse will not spook the other, but if it did run, Galen can easily keep up with this animal.

And Galen will still be keeping both horses from the Guild members. The fools were only helping Galen's friends keep them corralled & distracted.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:43, Fri 11 Jan 2013.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 304 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 05:06
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix managed, through an intense application of willpower, to not facepalm. She had lied so that Galen would have an excuse to get him out of his predicament; he had apparently taken some time to realize this. Upon his apology, however, she simply says "Of course, Galen. In the future, however, please do remember that talk we had about manners."

"As for you," she says, turning back to the Guild woman once Galen's out of earshot, "You are with the Guild, yes? That's what I've heard, and the symbol on your tack would seem to back it up. I'm cross because you've obviously gone over my head, and I'm not getting my cut, see?" She walks towards her, eventually putting her arm on her shoulder. "I'm disappointed, really. I would hope that you, being so high up in the Guild, would know about the importance of going through proper channels. Do you know I had to track you down through rumors and spy reports? That's just. Not. Right."


(( OOC: Bea is obviously not acting like herself, and for those who know her as the party does, is clearly up to something. ))
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 477 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 05:29
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 57):

As the pointy-eared woman puts her arm over Matield's shoulders, the twenty-something gives Beatrix's garb an unsubtle examination, as if her wardrobe were some sort of test she would have to pass. Since the nightgown-clad woman permits the arm about her shoulders, Beatrix may have passed muster. Or maybe Matield is just suffering for the sake of business.

"No-one contacted you?" she asks in politely feigned confusion. "My sincerest apologies. Perhaps they thought, as the exalted head of your village, you would share certain parochial ideals that get in the way of true business.

"I assure you, my step-father and Trademeet's City Father have arranged this agreement. What might your 'cut' of this be? Have you taken it up with your city's god? I'm sure, if you wish to invest in our endeavor, something can be arranged for one of your...acumen."