Chasing the Guildy.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 305 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 05:56
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix quirks an eyebrow. "As a mater of fact, my city's god just threw a week-long festival in my honor."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 478 posts
Mon 14 Jan 2013
at 06:04
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 59):

Matield's laughter is musical in the manner of perfectly-tuned rapiers dancing across each others' blades in a choreographed duel. "Oh, ho, oh, my dear Lady LeSchaye! You don't mean to say you believe that lay-about Maharishi of Excellence is the god of Trademeet Dale, do you?" she asks, slightly less incredulously than she sounds. "My, my, Calm Dasher is right to be concerned if this mooch has not only thrown centuries of generosity from my mother away for this disgraceful galavanting, but has fooled even one so well-placed as you into believing the Maharishi is the rightful holder of Calm Dasher's title.

"I'm glad Mother asked me to help with Step-Father's business here; this bit of gossip alone will be enough to ensure an end is put to that embarrassing farce."

Captain August Galen
 player, 153 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 15:29
Re: Chasing the Guildy
((OOC: Is Calm Dasher a name Galen [or any of us] would recognize?))
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 479 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 20:59
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg # 61):

((OOC: You can give me an Intelligence+Occult roll to see if you know anything about that name, sure.))
Captain August Galen
 player, 154 posts
Tue 15 Jan 2013
at 23:56
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 62):

((OOC: 18:54, Today: Captain August Galen rolled 3 successes using 5d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7.

ROLL, everybody! Roll like your lives depend on it!!1!))

This message was last edited by the player at 23:56, Tue 15 Jan 2013.

Captain August Galen
 player, 155 posts
Thu 17 Jan 2013
at 12:13
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg # 63):

Unable to know who this being is, Galen grows nervous about the depths this conspiracy might contain. The brigand makes a mental note to learn more and overcome this shameful level of ignorance.

EDIT:

Though the recognition of what Matield al Ystara's name might mean explains some of where this might be going. A clue or a red-haring would have to be discovered latter, when Galen could confer with the other party members whom probably knew much more about the politics of the gods.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:07, Thu 17 Jan 2013.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 306 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 01:34
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Well," says Beatrix. "I did say that I was out of the loop. Perhaps you ought to fill your new accomplice in, so that we may achieve the greatest amount of mutual benefit?"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 480 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 03:59
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"'Accomplice?'" exclaims the woman almost breathlessly, "You make it sound so clandestine. Of course," she allows, "There may be some provincial laws that get in the way of good business, so a little caution is not remiss. It's nothing unseemly, I assure you. My step-father and Calm Dasher have worked it out, and Trademeet Dale will really step onto the stage as a hub in the slave trade: the gateway to Falan.

"It'll put Trademeet on the map, and if you want in on the ground floor, I suppose it's only fitting that an Exalt would get into business. It's a pretty simple formula when you understand how supply flows to demand: The Guild buys slaves from the Beastmen, which increases demand for them. Trademeet facilitates the sale of slaves to Falan to bolster their somewhat depleted workforce. Everyone gets shuffled out of the backwater who was going to be stuck there, and those whose destiny was drudgery instead get fresh clean farm living, while the great circle of commerce enriches all. It is, as I believe your hometown puts it, such good business."


She gestures to her traveling companion, who is still eyeing the large man with the hammer and the apparently prematurely-senile "veterinarian" who wrangled the horse that went running. He, however, shakes his head. "M'ladies, this is talk best done by daylight in such private confines as this. Might I suggest you pitch your camp with ours rather than keep us all up any longer?" he says with a somewhat overly-elaborate yawn that - purely by happenstance - flexes each muscle in his torso in turn.
Captain August Galen
 player, 156 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 14:05
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 66):

Galen, still ridding the healthy horse, grabs the reigns of the distracted & wounded horse, then takes it back to Azalea to tend to. One Azalea has the animal secure, Galen makes sure the horse being ridden on is facing the two Guild members, ready to charge them when needed.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:05, Tue 22 Jan 2013.

Azalea
 player, 67 posts
Tue 22 Jan 2013
at 18:17
Re: Chasing the Guildy

Azalea smiles at Galen when he returns and makes sure everyone involved in this very puzzling interaction is unharmed, including the horses. After she thanks Ned for his help she looks on towards the conversation between Beatrix and the woman.
Merlin
 player, 306 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 01:49
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Azalea (msg # 68):

Meanwhile, in the trees, crouches the ever watchful Merlin. He is wary and is sure to use his armor's ability to see essence flows to its fullest advantage. Regardless his esteem of the Lady Leschaye has increased yet again. Her ploy is flawless in its execution, yet so simple. A grin appears beneath the mask as 16 muscles move while every other one might as well be stone.
Captain August Galen
 player, 157 posts
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 10:53
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Galen mauls over the Guild woman's little plot, and ponders the banal shortsightedness of these conspirators. One part, in particular, jumps out as curious.

The brigand coughs.

"Excuse me, ladies, for speaking out O' turn, but if either of you dies, I'm probably not going to get paid, so you'all just have to get over it.

See, I'm hearing the Beastmen are a bit of a linchpin to all this, but their Anathema-patriarch  wants us all dead, as far as I can see it.

So how do you plan to make it that his desire to stop your vitals doesn't occur?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:54, Wed 23 Jan 2013.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 481 posts
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 13:47
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Captain August Galen (msg # 70):

"Their so-called 'Patriarch' is a threat, but is more than a month away. Even if he did bestir himself, no doubt an alliance supported by Guild weapon sales would form around poor Falan. The Seventh Legion is probably just looking for such an excuse to put the rabid creature down," scoffs the man.

Smiling in mild but rueful irritation at at least one of the men speaking out of turn, Matield adds, "He's more likely to simply destroy his own animals, and there is always another tribe willing to make a few dinars. And if Jerolt's unlikely scenario came about, happily, Trademeet Dale will be partnered with the Guild to provide weapons to all members of the alliance. Good business all around."

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:35, Wed 23 Jan 2013.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 307 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 18:40
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Well, that's good to know," Beatrix lies, managing to keep her face from betraying her worry. Great, so not only is there a conspiracy to force the slave trade on Trademeet, but it's run by dangerous fools. "It is assuring to know that such matters are well in hand. But, of course, I must hear the details before investing in the project, as you well know."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 482 posts
Wed 23 Jan 2013
at 23:27
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Salf growls under his breath as he hears the Guild woman speak so callously of Falan's plight, and Alistr and Merlin can see him moving forward with intent, though he's not out of the brush just yet.

Matield, meanwhile, offers a sunny smile that seems to brighten the midnight glade. "The details can wait for morning," she says with a theatrical yawn. "Unless you've specific questions other than logistics and financial entanglements to work out?"
Merlin
 player, 307 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 01:40
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 73):

Without hesitation a dulled chakrum is slung directly into the gut of the young Salf. It is aimed just so that it will neither be detected in flight nor make more than the slightest noise once it has bounced off into the brush. Merlin, of course, leaves nothing to chance and insures that the victim will be saying nothing for the next few moments by using Breath Seizing Technique.


OOC:
Split Action to be Stealthy while throwing and to make a Martial Arts Attack against Salf. Then the Breath Seizing Technique roll.

19:35, Today: Merlin rolled 7 successes using 18d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Stealth Roll: First Action of Flurry.
19:36, Today: Merlin rolled 3 successes using 14d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Strike Roll.
--Good thing its from surprise or he could likely dodge with a pathetic roll like that on 14 dice!
19:37, Today: Merlin rolled 8 successes using 12d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Str+MA+Ess.

Should Salf have a Stamina of less than a 4 he will be going unconscious about now. With a 4 he will have a -4 internal penalty to his actions as he fights for air. (its a Diff=Target Stamina roll with extra's going to an Internal penalty).

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 483 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2013
at 18:42
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Merlin (msg # 74):

The young prince goes out like a light, without a sound. If either of the Guild-associated individuals noticed, they give no indication.
Captain August Galen
 player, 158 posts
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 16:22
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Galen quietly inquires of Azalea "can you cook?"
Azalea
 player, 68 posts
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 18:05
Re: Chasing the Guildy


She nods a little and smiles.

"I think I'm good at it, but I'll let you be the judge of that when I make something."
Captain August Galen
 player, 159 posts
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 18:22
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Azalea:
She nods a little and smiles.

"I think I'm good at it, but I'll let you be the judge of that when I make something."


"Can you make something special for these Guild pigs? Like what you made earlier?"
Azalea
 player, 69 posts
Sat 26 Jan 2013
at 18:57
Re: Chasing the Guildy

She ponders a little, not without a glance to Beatrix, then nods.


"I could cook, certainly, if there are ingredients. I have some spices, but I would need something more to cook for everyone."


Then looks at Beatrix again, wondering about her opinion on this request.
Captain August Galen
 player, 160 posts
Sun 27 Jan 2013
at 21:11
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Azalea (msg # 79):

A fiendish grin spreads across Galen's hidden mouth, then fades away. This could work out beautifully, after all. They'd just have to take one for the team.

"Excellent, Azalea. I believe we have some of the previous meat from our little hunter on one of the horses, along with the provisions we set out with. It should make a wonderful stew," whispers Galen to Azalea.

Galen turns to the women. "Boss. You want us to do what they say and pitch our tent to theirs?"

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 308 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 28 Jan 2013
at 03:32
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Why," says Bea, suddenly brightening, "Food would be a marvelous idea! Especially since we have ever so much to discuss; some food to discuss it over and perhaps some tea or coffee - Sevastian has tea if necessary - would help us to stay awake and discuss it!"
"And indeed, isn't it a lovely night to discuss matters over the campfire? I can recall many a night of excellent deals under the waxing moon and the stars, trading tales as much as commerce." She carries on like this for some time, spinning a fanciful discussion of past wheeling and dealing, and somehow her apparent enthusiasm seems infectious.
Captain August Galen
 player, 161 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2013
at 14:16
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 81):

Galen immediately take advantage of Beatrix' distractions.

"Alright then! Alright then! Off with you, cookie!" The brigand bellows at Azalea. "Get the man-servant! Get our four horses! Get the food! The three of us will set up camp while the Boss discuses the business. Common now! The faster you get back with it all, the faster we sleep!" Galen gives a halfhearted kick to Azalea's butt, missing narrowly.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 484 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2013
at 15:37
Re: Chasing the Guildy
The morning is waxing into its darkest hours by the time everyone is seated around the camp fire, a post-midnight meal placed before them, and the conversation winds its way towards the details of which Beatrix and Matield spoke. Matield herself seems almost surprised to find herself here now, as if she wondered when this happened. Her rather handsome bodyguard, on the other hand, is cheerfully helping Azalea set things out and has found himself a shirt in the interim.

"Even the most expensive of trail rations tend to get bland after days of nothing else," he comments, "so hunting to supplement them is always a pleasure. I'm unfamiliar with the recipe you're using, though; could you give me some pointers?" he asks of Azalea.

Meanwhile, Salf and Ned have curled up and fallen into natural sleep, the young prince not quite having ever woken from being stunned by Merlin earlier. Sevastian comments off-handedly that he wishes Hun and Po had come along, but only within earshot of Galen as he would not be caught griping before his (temporary) employer nor strangers.

Matield, for her part, stifles a yawn. "So, of course, the profit margins are high all around," she concludes a long explanation of how the cycle of slave trade - buying from Beastmen to sell elsewhere and selling to Falan from further afield - will work to Trademeet Dale's advantage. "Rumor has it you've had some interaction with the Fae on the edge of Creation? Do you have ongoing business contacts?" she asks in a seeming shift of topic, glancing pointedly but not impolitely at Beatrix's ears.