Chasing the Guildy.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Azalea
 player, 70 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2013
at 17:33
Re: Chasing the Guildy

Azalea seems happy to cook, and equally happy to explain her recipe, including some of the herbs and spices she adds for taste, or for the sauce to get its texture.
The suggested stew was an idea, but she has much better ones for fresh game.

The smell of caramelized onions, fresh tomato pulp and slowly roasting meat seems to spread soon enough.

She makes sure to taste what she is making at some point, including a spice she won't be adding. The 'antidote' that will prevent herself from sleeping. It will be easy enough to give to her companions, either directly to their plates if chance provides itself, or after everyone is asleep.
Captain August Galen
 player, 162 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2013
at 17:59
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Galen's demeanor is of the gruff overseer, looking around and pretending to be important, while doing little work.

On the inside, Galen was very happy with Azalea's performance, and that Merlin still remained in the shadows. The brigand didn't intend for so many of party to come for the drugged meal, but it was still working out quite well, knock on wood.

Galen, unaware of the antidote, was content in the theory that the stealthy Merlin could easily overwhelm the Guild members once everyone passed out from the food.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 309 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 18:46
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Oh, the Raksha? I have no formal business contacts with them - it is rather impossible, really, since the notion of formality is alien to them. The real trick with knowing how to deal with them is to be aware of narrative conventions, rather than business models. You see, they don't think the same way we do, because they're not from--"
And she goes on like this for some time, leading the Guild woman on and on with fascinating tales of adventure and delightful tidbits of gossip, hoping that the wondrous sleeping potion will kick in soon.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 485 posts
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 19:24
Re: Chasing the Guildy
As the meal is served, those who wish to, dig in. The as-yet unnamed companion to Matield compliments the cooking both verbally and by having an extra helping or two. Matield, herself, takes only what she's offered, and eats slowly and daintily. It's almost frustrating, wondering if she'll eat enough for the potion to kick in.

Ned sleeps through the food, though his goats do not. Whether Azalea gave them the antidote or not, they seem to have decided to sleep off the meal afterwards.

The two Guild members are sound asleep about an hour later, leaving Azalea and her companions she slipped the antidote as the only ones awake.
Azalea
 player, 71 posts
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 19:27
Re: Chasing the Guildy

Considering this a wonderful alternative to bloodshed, she seems quite pleased with the result as she wakes the rest of her companions up.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 310 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 22:38
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Beatrix gives a small, exasperated sound of some sort. "Hnnngh. Thank the almighty Sun she's asleep at last," she says. "But, tedious as the conversation was - and I apologize for subjecting you all to that - I believe I now have enough information to begin taking this slave ring apart entirely, and once that is done, informing the Beastmen that their gravy train is at an end ought to end the raids. The buyers and sellers, the places where the trades are made, and so on - this is all good information. Some of it is far-ranging. I'm sorry to learn that one of the foremen at a mining operation I run has gotten in on this sometime after I hired him."
"Also, Azalea? The cooking was sublime. You simply must make this again sometime. Without the sleeping potion, you know." She smiles a bit at that.
"Now we just need to figure out what to do with these two - as the child of a god, there's no telling how this woman may escape a conventional jail, but as long as she's free in the area she'll be able to repair any damage we do to the slave ring. I fear I am at a loss as to how to accomplish this. Perhaps you have an idea, Merlin, Galen?" She turns to regard the quirky Captain and the mysterious mage.
Azalea
 player, 72 posts
Sun 3 Feb 2013
at 23:31
Re: Chasing the Guildy

"I am glad you liked it, but in a proper kitchen, with ingredients that aren't salvaged from trail rations and hasty pickings, I think I can do better."

She smiles, and checks on Ned and the goats. She doesn't wake them, just making sure everything is fine. Then she checks the drugged people, again to make sure there are no complications.

Off-handedly, she remarks "If she's god-blooded, we could ask a relevant god to make sure she stays in jail, assuming the authorities conclude such punishment?"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 486 posts
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 00:45
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Freverick, Ned, and the goats are snuggled up in an adorable little ball of mutual body heat. No complications amongst any of the sleepers.
Merlin
 player, 308 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 01:19
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Once 'they' are officially asleep Merlin will enter the camp. He will eat some rations and drink some water. When the Lady asks for his opinion he draws a line across his throat with his finger....

"But on second thought, perhaps they should be traded to the Fae? A more fitting punishment I could not imagine and they will both provide them with more amusement than any mortal, perhaps saving a few from others who do trade mortals to them."
Azalea
 player, 73 posts
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 04:12
Re: Chasing the Guildy

She looks towards Merlin at his suggestion, her expression one of uncertainty.


"I... uh... you are jesting, right? I mean, I am not certain about a lot of the details, but your suggestions are to either kill them in cold blood or to stoop down to their level?"

She ponders for a second.

"Come to think of it, even if you are jesting, I find that kind of humor unpleasant."
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 311 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 04:47
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"Aside from concerns regarding how honorable or ethical it is to kill a helpless opponent, there is one very significant point against killing Matield; her mother is Ystara, a powerful and influential goddess in Heaven, and from the sound of things they are on very good terms. I would rather not give such a goddess reason to have a personal vendetta against us. I would much sooner simply disrupt this plan, which would make us, at the most, an inconvenience to her."
Merlin
 player, 309 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 06:50
Re: Chasing the Guildy
In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 94):

"It is for your sound judgement and wisdom and my ruthless pragmatism for which our paths have been interwoven. Blended together there is little that can withstand the Unconquered Sun's blessings. As His blessings become bountiful and others of our kind or added to ourselves then truly there will be nothing that can stand between us and the Unconquered Sun's glory.

Perhaps we should take them to Falan to let them be tried. Our part in justice will be that of constable, which can hardly be faulted by Heaven.
"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 312 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 4 Feb 2013
at 16:43
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"True enough. Once we explain to the Duke that the slavers are actually responsible for whetting the appetites of the beastman tribes to raid his lands, I believe he'll be quite eager to see justice done. Just to be sure, however, we should consult the Duke's son once he comes to in the morning. He will no doubt have a firmer understanding of how his father may react."
Captain August Galen
 player, 163 posts
Wed 6 Feb 2013
at 16:41
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Galen laughs at Azalea's criticism of her own food. "Ha! The mark of a true chief is never being happy with their food.

I am very, very pleased with how all of this has come together. It's quite refreshing to have decent rouges to work with."


Galen quietly listens to Merlin's suggestion and the reactions of the others.

"I'm not going to lie. I have a great deal of sympathy with Merlin's suggestions.

I would like to bind her as a slave for penance, and to teach her in this life how horrid the institution of human bondage is. But you've both noted good concerns. We should definitely confer with the Duke's son, and use the legal system of Falan to our advantage. It will be better for everyone in the long term, and the justice will be much more firm.

I have one way to keep the demi-god under control, but it is risky. If we can force an oath from her, I can sanctify it under heaven. As far as I know, no power can delay the wrath of a broken oath, not even her mother.

The danger comes from what magic she might bring to bear before the oath to escape. If we can break her will, and/or keep her semi-drugged, this might be more manageable.

I would also appreciate counsel on what the oath should be, specifically."

Azalea
 player, 74 posts
Fri 8 Feb 2013
at 19:15
Re: Chasing the Guildy


"Decent rogues?" She ponders on that, but at length she shrugs a little and doesn't comment on it.

She listens on to Galen and considers his suggestions.


"I am not certain on how those oaths work, but I have the feeling they are as much of a certainty as we can get. It would be good to have a means to keep our minds at ease that they will be brought to justice without incident."

She assumes a small, puzzled frown for a few moments.

"What do you think she will try to escape?"
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 313 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Tue 12 Feb 2013
at 02:42
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"I have heard tales of such things," says Beatrix, her long ears perking a bit. "And I am heartened to hear you can effect such a thing. If we can produce a sufficiently binding oath, we will have no more trouble from her."
Sevastian
 player, 128 posts
 Dragon-Blooded
 Water
Fri 15 Feb 2013
at 16:00
Re: Chasing the Guildy
The Dragonblooded butler, who did not even partake of the meal as it would have been improper to eat with the nobility, cleans up the dishes and gently lays out the sleeping individuals. "Of subtle things are great coincidences made," he says, mostly to himself.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 493 posts
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 15:35
Re: Chasing the Guildy
The sounds of the forest echo in the night. Chirping crickets, the occasional frog's croak, owls' hooting, wind through the leaves. Even the crackle of the fire seems loud in the silence drawn out between the group.

((OOC: Perception+Awareness, please!))
Merlin
 player, 311 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Thu 21 Feb 2013
at 23:58
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Merlin has stayed vigilant, even as their original prey lay near comatose in their drug induced stupor. Scanning the forest with a well practiced eye and a trained ear he misses little. If the others didn't know where he was sitting, he would go completely unnoticed due to the passive magics clinging to him.


17:56, Today: Merlin rolled 7 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Per+awareness+Essence Sight.
Azalea
 player, 77 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 03:42
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"So....... what do we do now?"


05:42, Today: Azalea failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Perc + Awareness.

Edit: Misrolled :/

20:26, Today: Azalea rolled 2 successes using 5d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Perc + Awareness.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:27, Fri 22 Feb 2013.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 314 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 22 Feb 2013
at 15:29
Re: Chasing the Guildy
"We should probably tie them up. Is anyone good with knots? And then I will need... Sevastian, could you get some of the parchment I brought, and one of the pencils? Thank you. I will need to draft an appropriate oath for them to swear to keep them out of our hair. They will need some proper incentive to do so, of course, but I think that if they are helpless before us, that ought to be be simple enough."

09:28, Today: Beatrix LeSchaye rolled 6 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. per+awareness.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:34, Fri 22 Feb 2013.

Captain August Galen
 player, 166 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2013
at 03:56
Re: Chasing the Guildy
((OOC:
))


In reply to Beatrix LeSchaye (msg # 104):

"The river will make them very compliant." Galen pats a small pouch attached at the brigand's belt. 
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 498 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2013
at 04:25
Re: Chasing the Guildy
Ned comes into the firelight, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "Why's everybody up? Is it morning already?" he asks.
Azalea
 player, 80 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2013
at 05:11
Re: Chasing the Guildy

She smiles.

"No, not really. Not for a while yet. Why are you up?"
Merlin
 player, 312 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Sat 23 Feb 2013
at 06:12
Re: Chasing the Guildy
What ever the noises may be Merlin doesn't seem distracted by them. He catches LeSchaye's attention. He is now crouching where Matield can't directly see him so he points at her and cups his hand like her's and points at it. Then he uses his left hand to 'slit his throat' as if to ask, 'do I kill her now'? Meanwhile, his right hand has a chakrum for each finger sliding them out of his bandoleer.