Poisoning the Well.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 570 posts
Mon 22 Jul 2013
at 12:26
Re: Poisoning the Well
Her quick action dislodges the obstruction and contains the burning vitriol before it can do too much damage, and the man may need to breathe through the new hole she made for a little while while his throat stops swelling from the rejection of the demon-poison she induced, but he'll otherwise be largely fine.

Salf has taken up Azalea's command, drawing the men away with as much organization as he can. His forehead is damp with sweat that gleams against skin made pale in the viridian light of flaming stone-twig arms. The most avid of the soldiers still try to fight, weaving into almost beautiful techniques to hold the tide of the hideous limbs as they fall back, while those Azalea had already treated successfully take up a more dedicated flight.

Scrambling on sandaled feet that just barely dodge the hands' grasp as he trots over them, Ned frantically uses his stick to keep from being grabbed as he tries to join in the retreat. "Suzy! Billy! Run!" he screams. Three more arms leap for soldiers too dehydrated to sweat as their rictus grins of beatific inspiration make them seem almost grateful for the chance to demonstrate their killing arts. One shatters his assailant with a graceful sword arc, and another lunges to pull the small goatherd out of the way, hooking his own assailant with the boy's crooked staff almost by accident, but the third falters, and the hand claws its way into his belly and cauterizes the wound behind itself.

His stomach distends with poisonous fiery light from within as he doubles over in agony.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 357 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Mon 22 Jul 2013
at 22:03
Re: Poisoning the Well
Beatrix, not wishing to leave through a portal framed in grasping arms, instead elects to exit via another route. Taking a brief moment to scrape the arms off of the tent post, she then leaps and proceed to to scramble up the central support and cut an exit out of the top, the only area free of claws. Leaping out and all but riding the blast of superheated air that leaves along with her, she arcs out and, with a flip, brings her sword down on the Blood of the Forge.
Merlin
 player, 343 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Wed 24 Jul 2013
at 01:59
Re: Poisoning the Well
Infusing his armor with the gift of the Unconquered Sun's essence Merlin sweeps once inside the tent and then rides the current of hot air out only moments behind Beatrix. However, he flies in a loop to the other side of the tent before coming around to the side with Forge. In fact he does his best to surprise the ancient demon before attacking from the invisibility cloaking of his armor. That he can come from either side of the tent or over it only aids him in this.

The might of the Unconquered Sun flows through him as three sets of dull chakrum whirl through the air at the Demon seemingly out of thin air and from multiple directions.

A magnificent golden glow exudes from somewhere yet nowhere about 30ft in the air behind the demon.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 576 posts
Sat 27 Jul 2013
at 22:01
Re: Poisoning the Well
The first of the attacks - seemingly out of nowhere - clips the demon under the jaw and flips its triangular head up above the swarming mass of clicking, breaking, melting, and re-forming arms. It twists out of the way, seeing the second incoming, but two more embed themselves within its morass of extra limbs with sickening snapping sounds. Looking at the flaring Solar with the burning hollow circle visible through the forehead of the artifact helmet, the Blood of the Forge rotates disjointedly, head turning up and over the body to face Merlin upside-down. As it swivels with neck-popping sounds to make a log in a fire seem calm, its lips move to utter, "I'll show you how to make better toys later. Wait your turn!"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 579 posts
Mon 29 Jul 2013
at 21:08
Re: Poisoning the Well
As the monster skitters to the side, it seems surprised and irritated that some of its limbs are left behind. However, more grow, making it seem almost lop-sided where most of Merlin's blades hit.

"Still, it is rude of me to demand you hold back," it says in a smooth voice. "Here. Let me provide you your atelier!"

With that, the Blood of the Forge's head vanishes to all save those who can see spirits; to them, it drops through the pulsating mass of limbs and down into the ground. The cracking, burning, breaking noises eerily halt all at once, and all goes still for a moment. Just as Azalea finishes purging her patient of the horrid, burning bile, the limbs littering the ground ignite in painfully dry flames, while those piled together where the demon stood scatter with barely a whisper. Ned yelps and blocks his mouth with his crooked staff, but soldiers are less lucky. Even the Duke and his son are accosted by a dozen or more each. They seem to ignore the Exalted, but the sick are pinned and the arms force their way in; the soldiers of Watch Hill cramp into fetal positions around bloated bellies.
Azalea
 player, 136 posts
Tue 30 Jul 2013
at 19:03
Re: Poisoning the Well

Azalea, quite evidently, is quickly overwhelmed.

She watches in horror for a few moments, considering how many she can possibly attempt to help before she needs to rest, and a mere glance lets her know it won't be nearly enough.

Still, she can't give up. You can do nothing more than your best, he likes to say, and she intends to do that.

The next attempt at rapid surgery is much more obvious than before as a burst of light encompasses her in the soft colors of a sunset while wings of bright white light seem to sprout from her back, sending glowing feathers drifting to the ground before they fade.
Pretenses of medical implements and imbibed medicine are quickly forgotten before the potency of Solar medicine, Azalea now curing maladies with but a touch.


She only hopes her companions take care of the source of the problem quickly.
Merlin
 player, 354 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 12 Aug 2013
at 23:48
Re: Poisoning the Well
Merlin hovers in the air and unleashes a torrent of attacks, sending 6 chakrum at various arms that are attacking the soldiers and others. This leaves only two actual chakrum on his bandoleer left, just in case. He starts with the highest ranked of those that are being attacked. His aura moves with him as the huge flying mask with golden hawk eyes peers at each target he is attacking. The wings reflect and refract the gleaming sunlight from his aura splintering light shafts in a kaleidoscope of colors and brilliance that nearly blinds any who looks directly at him.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:12, Thu 15 Aug 2013.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 587 posts
Mon 19 Aug 2013
at 15:57
Re: Poisoning the Well
Duke Lothus and Prince Salf are (briefly) spared the onslaught of the arms coming for them, as is Sir Methius, but Merlin's blades are having to strike multiple limbs away to protect people even as they shred through the slender stone appendages with the ease of a scythe through wheat.

Those less fortunate begin to have their skin crack with fire cooling from green to red, and some of the most violently infected begin picking themselves up, demonic stone-faced visages grinning with unholy lusts as they draw weapons with the sound of stone on wood.

Azalea's efforts spare many, as well, but others are only arrested, and Beatrix finds herself being leered at by at least a half-dozen of the infernal hell-spawn that used to be men.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 363 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 25 Aug 2013
at 02:34
Re: Poisoning the Well
Beatrix busied herself with protecting as many people as possible from the tendrils, focusing her efforts on Duke Lothus, the Prince and their immediate entrouage, even knowing that it would ultimately not be enough. She cuts one apart with her damaged saber before batting another away from its target, all while simple stamping upon a third to keep it occupied; the demon-fronds apparently don't appreciate her efforts and let her know, and she is forced to fend off a branch that launches itself at her face, keeping her occupied while the others continue about their grisly work.

Soon, despite her paltry efforts to save some few, she is confronted with an army of leering demonspawn. Trying to figure out what can be done with them, she asks "Azalea? Can you save them anymore? Or are they too far gone?"
Azalea
 player, 137 posts
Sun 25 Aug 2013
at 05:42
Re: Poisoning the Well

"I am not certain, but in either case, I can only attempt that so many times. It won't make any difference until the source of the illness is taken care of!"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 588 posts
Mon 26 Aug 2013
at 19:37
Re: Poisoning the Well
For just a moment, after seconds of frantic fighting, defending, and scrambling to keep limbs from faces, things go calm. Like flowers drained of water, the cracking claws fall limply to the earth. The command-tent collapses under their internal weight, and the field takes on a charnal appearance. Many soldiers collapse in exhaustion, and just as it seems things might be over, Azalea and Beatrix feel a pinch on their respective backsides. Standing where the soldiers they were unable to save were are leering, grotesque dwarves with large brazen jaws and no hair, pot-bellies protruding from what remains if their armor. <darkred>"Oi! What 'ave we 'ere?"</darkred> asks one, licking his lips with a moist, grinding sound.

The Duke pushes his son behind him, leveling the halberd he picked up during the scuffle, and staring about with eyes far more wild than his cold and businesslike tone. "Stand down, all enemies of Falan, or perish." He seems mostly to be trying to restore order.
Merlin
 player, 358 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Wed 4 Sep 2013
at 22:43
Re: Poisoning the Well
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 104):

Now that he does not have to guard the duke and princes from their own men and creepy crawly things, he focuses on the new threat. Using his wings to boost him into a flying leap kick he attempts to land a blow against the dwarf on the left, with his left heel. Using that kick as another point of momentum he shifts a kick out to the one on the right with his right leg, which catapults him straight up where to where he hovers some 20 feet above them giving each their own rude finger gesture.




17:41, Today: Merlin rolled 2 successes using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Attack#2 on right Dwarf.
17:41, Today: Merlin botched using 10d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Ermm, 10 more dice, sorry. (This adds to the other 2)

17:41, Today: Merlin rolled 6 successes using 13d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Attack#1 on Left Dwarf.

Base damage is 6L I believe.

PS: This dice roller sucks :-P

EDIT
17:36, Today: Merlin failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Stun for Attack #1.

17:36, Today: Merlin failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7. Stun for Attack #2.

take 2 motes :-)


This message was last edited by the player at 22:37, Fri 06 Sept 2013.

Segev Stormlord
 GM, 592 posts
Thu 5 Sep 2013
at 16:29
Re: Poisoning the Well
In reply to Merlin (msg # 105):

((OOC: 1-die stunt! I'll need to check the stats on these things this evening and post the response then.))
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 595 posts
Wed 11 Sep 2013
at 03:40
Re: Poisoning the Well
Chiseled - literally - jaws cracking, the two kicked dwarf-things, rub at them and glare up irately. "Oi! Ow! What was THAT for?" demands one. The other hefts a hammer. "You wan' we should reshape that mask o' yours into a bra for the lady?" That one pats Beatrix on the stomach to indicate which one. From how he was reaching behind him, he probably meant to aim higher.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 365 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sun 15 Sep 2013
at 21:55
Re: Poisoning the Well
Bea is busy trying to get a headcount of who is still present when she turns just in time to be pawed by the stone... guy... thing. With a jump and a start, eyes widening in surprise, she swings her blade down at the offending limb.

"UnHAND me, ruffian!", she cries as she strikes.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 596 posts
Sun 15 Sep 2013
at 22:56
Re: Poisoning the Well
A bit of molten lava drips like blood from the gash Beatrix's indignant sword-swap cuts in the demon's arm. 'Ey, now! 'At's no way t' treat a gent!" he exclaims, rubbing his other hand over the wound. "Not when 'e's jus' ap'reciat'n' y'r aesthetic lines!"
Merlin
 player, 363 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Tue 8 Oct 2013
at 00:15
Re: Poisoning the Well
The masked man speak, but as he does so he winds his way around the campground picking up his chakrum.

"So, this is what the Forge left us to deal with to cover his ass while he retreats in shame? How pathetic! The two of you could barely make a horseshoe between the two of you, let alone some kind of actual weapon that could be of any useful purpose. Seriously now....what have you got, between you, that might entertain me for a few moments?"

Merlin points at their weapons, like they are all but meaningless, but could be entertaining.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 601 posts
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 18:23
Re: Poisoning the Well
The two dwarfish creatures being addressed look at each other, and shift position a bit. "Between us? A couple o' lovely broads!" says the one nearest Azalea. The one by Beatrix hops a bit out of reach, cradling his wounded arm. "Though you might find this one more entertaining without the pointy bits! 'Spose we could brew somethin' out of the weak stuff these mortals've got, too. Wait for a few more of our brethren to 'atch and we should 'ave a real party!"
Azalea
 player, 140 posts
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 18:39
Re: Poisoning the Well

Somewhat tense, she shifts a little towards Beatrix.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 602 posts
Thu 10 Oct 2013
at 20:01
Re: Poisoning the Well
"Aw, don' be like that, love!" cajoles the granite creature. "You're all glowy; you could take it an' 'ave a roight good time of it! Pretty thing like you... You evah been to a party before? Wine and song, an' o' course women such as yo'self, if us gents're lucky! Roight, mate?" he directs that last bit to Merlin.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 603 posts
Wed 23 Oct 2013
at 20:18
Re: Poisoning the Well
Recovering a bit, the Duke shakes his head. "What...was that? What are those?"
Azalea
 player, 141 posts
Thu 24 Oct 2013
at 11:11
Re: Poisoning the Well

Quite uncertain of the answer herself, Azalea lets someone better qualified answer.
Merlin
 player, 364 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 03:14
Re: Poisoning the Well
In reply to Azalea (msg # 115):

"Demon's your grace, demons."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 604 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 04:33
Re: Poisoning the Well
"The armies of the goat-wolf have already advanced their scouts so far?" the Duke asks, preparing for battle once more. "But no," he pauses, "These bear not the bestial markings of that Anathema. What manner be these?"

"Hey, now, guv'na, that's a right bit rude. We just got 'ere, ourselves. If'n ya be wantin' a fight, we can give as good as we get," one of the rock-demons says, smacking a fist against a chest with a sound like distant thunder, "but we'd rather party, if it's all the same to you. Bring out the wine and women! Well, we've got the women," he leers at Beatrix and Azalea, "So just bring out the wine!"
Azalea
 player, 144 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2013
at 09:57
Re: Poisoning the Well

She sighs a little, somewhat too weary to be bothered by two rude little creatures.

She does stay behind Beatrix -and her blade- nevertheless.