The Nameless Lair.   Posted by Segev Stormlord.Group: 0
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 759 posts
Mon 4 Apr 2016
at 03:21
The Nameless Lair
With the backing of the surprisingly accommodating Silent Thunder Leaves, Azalea and the others have limited difficulty in integrating with the group traveling to the center of Ma Ha Suchi's power. The fact that this is the destination is not lost on the majority of the human prisoners, which fills them with obvious dread. And sadly, unless they wish to resort to violence (which doubtless their Lunar escort would not be so cooperative about), there is no freeing all of the human captives. But they are cleared to care for them. And any beastmen that they wish to aid in recovering form the exhausting and lengthy march.

The humans, perhaps obviously, attempt to congregate near Beatrix and Azalea, though they remain leery of Silent Thunder Leaves and Austringer. Few, if any, even notice Merlin's presence unless he makes himself known. It's clear they hope that the Exalted might save them from the promised slavery...or worse...for those given as "tribute" to the Goat-Wolf.

It takes less than three days to finish the march, even with the pacing insisted upon by Azalea. As they draw near, the largest beastmen start to direct the human captives towards holding pens. A musky animal stench is thickening in the air as the forest gives way to a great, trampled caldera with an unnatural miniature mountain at its center. Caves with natural-looking crenelations poke out of its sides at odd angles, but the military-minded can note that they provide overwatch of the entire valley and the surrounding woods. Unnervingly, the whole thing is well-hidden by the woods themselves; one could not see this place from anywhere on the ground.

Perhaps the most disturbing sight for the civilized is the massive pits filled with humans who look to be allowed less dignity than animals at a slaughterhouse. They're not being gored, but the treatment and...shudder-worthy attentions...given to them by the bipedal beasts which leap in and select them are dehumanizing, and make it obvious why they value the literal scraps they might possibly still have with which to cover themselves. The infamous breeding pits.

"Welcome to the Lair of Ma-Ha-Suchi," intones Silent Thunder Leaves. Having traveled with her, it is clear she's trying for "grand," but it falls flat as she has no real idea how to speak to a group and her voice trails off.
Merlin
 player, 452 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 4 Apr 2016
at 23:11
The Nameless Lair
Merlin keeps his place and continues to observe. He objectively looks at the camps and understands what the Beast is likely about, but finds that it is all to inefficient. Why waste the efforts of 9 months when one but needs a day's services from a competent midwife. Merlin has a hard time believing that not one of those women in the 2nd camp ever helped another woman give birth. They should all be trained to help each other. In many cases the woman would likely survive to serve again. Merlin shakes his head at the inefficiency and now knows why Ma-Ha-Suchi's experiments have been less than fruitful.
Austringer
 player, 56 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 02:10
The Nameless Lair
Austringer crushes his hands together behind his back, focusing on the pressure to keep from springing into action and tearing appendages off the beastmen until they are all dead or his rage burns itself out.  Killer of the Arsani household or not, Ma-Ha-Suchi has now proven he needs to be put down.  And if no one else is willing, I will be the one to do it., he thinks.

But the captured mortals, especially the kid with the goats, have to be his first concern.  Rescue, then punishment.  He leans over to Beatrix and says, sotto voce, "I hope you have an actual plan for getting all these people out of here.  Or should I just dive in and start carving these monsters up?"

He tries his best to look unobtrusive, torn between wanting to look supportive to the nearest captives and not wanting to frighten them.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 762 posts
Fri 8 Apr 2016
at 15:20
The Nameless Lair
While they don't gather around, it is clear from how they choose to position themselves that most of the captives prefer being nearer Austringer than Silent Thunder Leaves. Presumably, they also would rather not be near the beastmen, but they're not given liberty to avoid them very much.

They do gather close when Azalea administers to them, seeking comfort where they can get it. The younger ones have definitely improved in color and energy level with her aid, and Merlin and Beatrix have heard some quiet whisperings of whether it's really a good thing that the teens are healthier, especially as they eye the pits.
Azalea
 player, 193 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 14:57
The Nameless Lair

Azalea maintains her attempts to restore health to those that lack it, although her constant proximity to those may have made Exalted planning a little trickier - you can't discuss things like that next to patients. She didn't do much to the trip other than administering her treatments and occasionally meditate or perform some slow stretches to rid herself of fatigue (which may or may not look like martial arts to those that know such things).

Still, she keeps an eye on her companions when they seem to be discussing something of importance, in case her presence is needed; after all, she can excuse herself for a few minutes.


When they reach their destination she looks around apprehensively, but keeps her thoughts to herself.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 765 posts
Mon 11 Apr 2016
at 21:49
The Nameless Lair
For most, the struggle to restore health with so few resources and such a grueling pace would be a losing battle, with "victory" measured in how much the degradation of one's patience could be slowed. Azalea, however, has managed to truly reverse the worst of it, moving like an incarnate blessing amongst those she treats. The younger ones even seem to have moments of joy in the travel, forgetting for a bit where they are headed and under what circumstances.

When the little goat boy looks bleakly out at the pits yawning in the valley below, and stares in trepidation at the towering rock formation that is more gigantic stalagmite than structure, therefore, his voice is uncharacteristically soft. "Must we go down there?" he asks. "Is there no other way?"
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 771 posts
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 18:56
The Nameless Lair
As the newly arriving Exalted survey the valley, they are able to observe activity and overall mood of the place, as well as evaluate it as a prison and a fortress.

Escape routes are fairy open; the security - such as it is - seems based on numbers of presumably-loyal beastmen swarming over the area, and the sheer amount of open terrain in the caldera to cover from the spire to the pits to the edges. As she turns her attention to it, however, Beatrix notices that the game trails and natural paths through the forest are more reminiscent of a defensive labyrinth. In fact, looking up at the sky, either the sun has decided to traverse North to South, or they've walked quite a distance around the caldera from the direction they seemed to have been approaching, before the foliage became clear enough to see it below.

If rumors of First Age artifacts and weapons of war are true, they are not visible in the obvious open spaces surrounding the Lair, but it is large enough that giants could conceivably call it a home.

Those whose minds are more on threats from the air than most who dwell in the Age of Sorrows will, eventually, however, look closely at the treeline of the woods surrounding this barren place, and notice towering figures with head and shoulders rising above the canopy, positioned in places which would give them an excellent view of the surroundings and allow - with sufficient range on any weapons they might wield - a deadly crossfire to any interlopers...or unwelcome aerial scouts.

The beastmen look more uniform in towards the center, favoring mixes of goat and wolf that are almost grotesquely handsome. More variation (and smaller sizes) are common in the ramshackle camps round about the exterior, though no structures nor shelters of any sort exist for the annulus that forms half the distance from the edge of the stripped bowl to its center. Beatrix also notices a...pattern...to the beastmen "using" the breeding pits: they have particular traits around each pit, with the central group of larger beastmen apparently carefully selecting the more varied sorts to breed with. Her keen eye picks out an examination of infant and toddling beast-children in the pits that are examined before adult beastmen are "chosen." This seems a complex breeding program, with design belying its apparent chaos.

The beastmen of the "varied" sort only seem so in the center area. Almost like there is some invisible filter, most congregate and coagulate into groups of like animal traits as things get further out into the camps, and where there aren't the large goat- and wolf-like creatures keeping order, there are no-beast's-lands across which visible hollering can be observed.

If there is any hope of getting mortals out without official permission, it lies either in so terrifying any pursuers that they don't want to find the absconding party, or in exploiting the ...tribal?... tensions and keeping the favored horde at the center from establishing order.

This whole structure would be a dream for siege engines, it seems, with the spire's base at the nadir of a killing ground, rather than its peak, but the sheer numbers and the lack of space to set up with any cover belies that. Rules of war state that armies move on their stomachs; the supply lines for a sieging force would be prohibitive this far from...anywhere. Though perhaps they could hunt. That raises a question, though: how are the denizens of the Lair kept fed?

It also doesn't appear that there's really "order" so much as brute force and a pecking order. What organization there is seems to be of the self-made kind, with tribes avoiding each other. Even as Beatrix watches, one encampment is loping off, leaving rough-dug burrows of shelters behind, apparently taking little with them as they head up the slope some forty degrees from where the party stands. It seems like the beastmen herding this group of captured humans are about to start fighting amongst themselves over dibs on the abandoned site, though they keep glancing at the larger ones that have gathered the disparate groups of raiders together, and keep the bickering to a low murmur.

It's surprisingly easy for Austringer to pick out one or two more Lunars in the few minutes since the party arrived at this vista: they have moonsilver tattoos. At least one flares his silver-disk caste mark while Austringer watches, in a dominance display with one of the larger beast-men.

But the vast majority of activity seems to be beastmen, or, in some cases, humans. The humans look universally downtrodden, and the LUCKY ones are merely bent-backed servants or slaves hustling about on whatever duties they have as they try to stay out of the way of the clear masters of this place.

It takes a bit to realize what he's seeing, but Austringer is able to pick out four shaman-types working their way around the breeding pits, performing some sort of periodic ritual blessings on various captives being...selected...from them, and in one case helping with what looks to be a rather difficult birth. The three are heavily shrouded in pelts, which hides most of their features, but the specifics of some of the ritual behaviors called to mind some of the training in the Silver Way he received. When he finally gets a glimpse of one when a gust of wind blows the wolf-head hood back, he sees not only that its no beastman, but that the figure is tattooed and bears a hollow silver circle on his forehead.

It's unclear if the others are similar, or are more mortal shamanic priests, but their manner of dress does stand out in its similarity.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 428 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Wed 20 Apr 2016
at 19:06
The Nameless Lair
Beatrix looks about while Azalea works, and begins speaking to some of the local beastmen. From person to person she strikes up animated conversations, leaving some of them looking baffled, and others seeming emboldened as they go back to their business around the Nameless Lair. She does this for some time, and eventually has spoken to several members of each of the non-Exalted social strata within Ma-Ha-Suchi's domain.
Merlin
 player, 455 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Thu 21 Apr 2016
at 01:32
The Nameless Lair
Merlin skulks around with the main group of humans, blending in....as it were. He keeps his eyes open for any hint of active danger, but does his best to not present himself. He even goes so far as to hunch over and keep his own hood over his head and masked face.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 772 posts
Mon 25 Apr 2016
at 15:17
The Nameless Lair
For those without preternatural balance or specialized forms of motion (such as mountain goat hooves), the descent into the caldera is difficult and dangerous, with narrow footholds at the top of an otherwise steep incline, and large dusty swaths that give way beneath incautious steps. Mortal humans can easily twist ankles or fall into a tumbling descent which likely would result in broken bones or fatal impacts with hidden sharp and solid rocks.

Even the smaller beastmen seem to have difficulty with it.
Azalea
 player, 194 posts
Thu 28 Apr 2016
at 13:26
The Nameless Lair

Azalea herself doesn't seem to be particularly adept at climbing, but she seems much more focused on helping those that have trouble than she is on safeguarding her own descent.
Merlin
 player, 456 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 2 May 2016
at 01:50
The Nameless Lair
Merlin does his best to help those less fortunate as well.
Austringer
 player, 59 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 02:48
The Nameless Lair
Following in Beatrix's wake, Austringer carefully observes her preparations.  Steering clear of the Lunars he noticed earlier, he also makes careful note of any leader-beastmen the rank and file types look likely to listen to ... who are also likely to be off by themselves later on, where they might be conveniently ambushed and doubled by an enterprising Lunar.

As he returns to the group, having seen the depravity all around him, he murmurs bitterly, with a surreptitious glance at Silent Thunder Leaves, "Truly, the wilderness is indeed pure."
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 773 posts
Mon 2 May 2016
at 20:41
The Nameless Lair
With help, whether from the Exalted traveling with Silent Thunder Leaves or from the more able-bodied under their direction, people make it down the caldera to firmer footing fairly safely, with nothing worse than some scraped knees and shins from a few close calls. The goat-footed beastmen, as well as the real goats, seem to have no trouble. Ned proves that goat herding has its perks, as he, too, proves to be one offering help to others rather than needing it.

Silent Thunder Leaves smiles with more genuine appreciation and less bitterness than Austringer has seen before on her face at his comment. "It is, isn't it? Refreshing and honest, with none of the lies and deceptions hiding its truths that lie in," she spits this last word, "civilization."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:42, Mon 02 May 2016.

Peddles
 player, 18 posts
Wed 11 May 2016
at 21:55
The Nameless Lair
Peddles helps the captives by slipping them water, medicines/herbs and snacks from her pack, while ostensibly checking for injuries and such.  She asks if any of them have a favorite song, and when someone does, she begins to teach that song to the others and hums it quietly to herself.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 774 posts
Thu 19 May 2016
at 03:32
The Nameless Lair
With the peddler's pack's improbable volume, it is perhaps to be expected that she would have a little bit of everything. The extra supplies make Azalea's job a lot easier, and if Peddles has climbing equipment, that can help stabilize some of the less-adept rappellers as they wind their way down the upper lip of the bowl in the ground.

It still takes a few hours to get everybody safely down, and the impatience of the largest and most sure-footed beastmen is palpable. Strangely, Silent Thunder Leaves is actually a calming influence, glaring at and quelling them when they try to express their ire too forcefully.

Once at the abandoned huts and cottages erected on the dusty floor of the caldera or dug into its bedrock that the smaller, non-local beastmen had eyed, the captive humans are herded like livestock into pens, and the big ones begin sorting and redirecting some of them. In contrast to some of the more beaten-down and resistance-less corrals, panic seems to be setting in with some of these now-more-energized prisoners, both at the prospects of where they're going and at the possibility of being separated from what friends and family they have here.

Silent Thunder Leaves heads straight on in for the spire, which is bigger and uglier from this close to its base. She seems to expect the party to follow, leaving the rising shouts and screams of the mortals to the beastmen to...handle. And they seem inclined to handle it roughly if it poses the least hindrance.
Merlin
 player, 457 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Sat 21 May 2016
at 17:58
The Nameless Lair
Merlin does follow, keeping an eye out for his friends and the goat herder. He uses his many skills to keep the young man at just the wrong spot to be spotted as they continue on in the company of Leaves.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 775 posts
Tue 24 May 2016
at 17:44
The Nameless Lair
Like many, Ned attempts to keep closer to the party than the beastmen. Unlike the other human prisoners, however, for some reason - namely Merlin's misdirections and other efforts - he isn't actually ever separated from them. Until it's just the party and Silent Thunder Leaves, and little Ned, who doesn't seem to quite grasp how he's gotten in this far but isn't going to speak up lest that be rectified.

The interior is rough-hewn out of what seems to be alternately solid stone and petrified mud. Beastmen - mostly of the larger variety with distinct goat or lupine traits - move about everywhere, but give Silent Thunder Leaves and those she escorts respectful berth. She is obviously known, here. Those who are particularly perceptive ((OOC: i.e. who can make a difficulty 3 Perception + Awareness check)) will notice another moonsilver-tattooed individual watching from a balcony several floors up.

The halls are narrow but tall, with walkways festooning them at various heights. Some have rails; most do not. The interior is lit primarily by torches, with ambient light from the many cave-maw exits at various heights. Silent Thunder Leaves leads the way up spiraling pathways which periodically open up to reveal their own cliff-side looking downwards. It seems this spire is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, with much of the warren extending deep below the surface of the caldera.
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 429 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sat 28 May 2016
at 00:03
The Nameless Lair
Beatrix begins to intervene as the company they came in with are gradually winnowed off. "Hold! On whose authority do you harass the company of those here to speak with Ma-Ha-Suchi?" Here she makes a sweeping gesture encompassing... a lot, actually. It seems to be deliberately vague, possibly including a large number of the smaller beast men as well as the humans. "To interfere with our business here is to court death at our hands! Do you doubt us? Do you think your master would treat with anyone who couldn't back up so simple a threat? Know your place!"


((OOC: So I may've spent more than I needed to on this one... Bea got 18 successes, all told. c_c ))
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 776 posts
Tue 31 May 2016
at 17:57
The Nameless Lair
There does not seem to be a unified nor universal reaction to Beatrix's comments. The largest Beastmen seem more confused and hesitant, though they continue to bluster at the smaller ones. The smaller, more varied-in-species beastmen continue to go about their business, though some seem chastened while others seem a bit more confident. It is notable, however, that the humans seem more cooperative. Or perhaps it's that they're less afraid, and the beastmen corralling them a little more respectful. None are being shepherded towards the rather disturbing pits, at this time, and the most worn-out are even being taken into the huts rather than simple holding areas.

Inside, the party continues to spiral up the maze-like twists and turns of the spire. It at least does seem like Silent Thunder Leaves knows the way. This far in, only human servants of a particularly humbled demeanor and very tall, very uniformly goat or wolf beastmen and beastwomen seem to be about.

Silent Thunder Leaves turns off into one chamber, all of a sudden. Inside is one beastwoman with a goat's head and hoof-like ends to her fingers, pouring over reams of scrolls on a large, beautifully carved desk that would not look out of place in a Guild Prince's private office.

"Where is Lord Ma Ha Suchi?" demands the Lunar. After a few seconds pass without so much as the beastwoman looking up, it becomes questionable whether she might be deaf. Surely, otherwise, she'd have heard the brusquely-delivered question.
Austringer
 player, 60 posts
Wed 1 Jun 2016
at 02:46
The Nameless Lair
As the party ascends the spire, Austringer does his best to maintain a sense of where they are within the massive structure and to look for possible escape routes, either back down the tunnels, out through any apertures, or even through the rock walls, if it comes to that.

As interested as he is in Silent Thunder Leaves' question, he can't help being a bit distracted by the goat-factor's work.  As unobtrusively as he can, given the desk's position, he tries to read whatever is on the scrolls the beastwoman is examining.
Merlin
 player, 458 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 6 Jun 2016
at 18:02
The Nameless Lair
For his part Merlin does his best to stay out of the limelight or any other light. He doubts that Ned will get separated now and leaves it to the others to herd him as necessary. He keeps his eyes and ears open and is most assuredly looking for means of escape or entrapment.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 777 posts
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 15:32
The Nameless Lair
The silence grows a little awkward as it extends, the beastwoman continuing to sort and use a charcoal stick to mark the parchments.

Those looking for exits find this room has two easy ones - the archway through which Silent Thunder Leaves entered, and the enormous window behind the beastwoman. This window seems also to be the main source of light. The room itself is carved from the petrified mud of the spire, which at this height has been weathered by wind into a sandstone-like texture. But the window has cunningly-fit glass which opens in multiple places to allow a refreshing breeze that plays a bit of a haunting chord from time to time.

The structure itself doesn't seem well-designed for imprisonment, at least not for anybody who can fly. Those who cannot...well, they'd be very exposed on their way down. Even without rappelling gear, it would probably take a few seconds to reach the bottom from up here, and it's only about 3/4 of the way up, by Merlin's best estimates.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:27, Sat 11 June 2016.

Merlin
 player, 459 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Wed 8 Jun 2016
at 22:36
The Nameless Lair
Finding his way over to where some of the documents are being marked Merlin takes a look at one that is made of paper verses parchment. If he has to he will maneuver it so that it can be read, but tries to do so without actually touching it.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 778 posts
Thu 9 Jun 2016
at 14:29
The Nameless Lair
Through careful exploitation of the factor's attention being at least partially on not paying attention to Silent Thunder Leaves, Merlin manages to maneuver so that the paper is in plain view. He does have to touch it to maneuver it, though. It feels heavy, of excellent quality. And multiple inks in different colors were used on it. Like most inhabitants of Creation, he can recognize Old Realm characters.

The two seals by what, in most missives, would be a signature line, however, are elaborate ones, embossing the document to raise the thick paper on the lines. One in blue incorporates within it the symbol for "Venus," while the one in red incorporates the symbol for "Mars."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:26, Sat 11 June 2016.

Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 430 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Fri 10 Jun 2016
at 16:55
The Nameless Lair
Beatrix notices what Merlin is doing, and moves to be of help. She begins speaking quietly with the beastwoman pusher of papers, and starts providing her with helpful tips to make her job much less of a headache than it clearly is to her right now, absorbing her attention in doing so, and leaving Merlin free to do his thing.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 779 posts
Tue 14 Jun 2016
at 04:55
The Nameless Lair
Though the beastwoman attempts to ignore Beatrix and even looks like she's about to snap at her when Beatrix's actions become impossibly intrusive, the point Lady LeSchaye makes right as she's about to artfully distracts her, and she comments on it, and before another two sentences have passed, she's deep into a combination of working out some bureaucratic issues and seeking commiseration over the miserable state of reports with which she has to work, the expectations she has to keep up with, and the idiocy of those who want the attention of the Great One but don't understand that there is a procedure to get on that short list of those he deigns to have time for and can't be bothered to even fill out a request, then send uppity wolf-heads in to make demands on HER time as if she weren't BUSY ENOUGH cleaning up their accounting MESS.

Which, of course, means she doesn't notice what Merlin is doing at all as he gets the fine piece of heavy paper into plain view. It is gorgeously written in exquisite calligraphy with lovely illuminations on the border in inks that must be worth small fortunes to be in such vivid colors.
Merlin
 player, 460 posts
 If you knew he
 would have to kill you
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 17:19
The Nameless Lair
Merlin sees if he can not filch the paper without the accounting noticing. This is done by using his cloak to cause a breeze to hit the piece of paper and make it fall on the floor where he can get at it without being noticed.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 780 posts
Mon 20 Jun 2016
at 22:50
The Nameless Lair
((OOC: Today: Segev Stormlord, on behalf of Merlin, rolled 1 success using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7.  stunt dice.

So it had 2 successes! Ah! Ah! Ahhh! *thunder, lightning*))


Between Beatrix's distraction and Merlin's already-hidden status, he succeeds in blowing the paper off the table. This does prompt the beastwoman to reach out to hammer her hoof-like fingernails to catch some of the papers, and glare menacingly at the open window, however. She does not seem to notice that the paper has blown onto the face of the simple peddler with an enormous pack that has accompanied the party, however.
Peddles
 player, 19 posts
Sat 30 Jul 2016
at 15:19
The Nameless Lair
In reply to Segev Stormlord (msg # 29):

Paper?  What paper?  I have plenty of paper in my pack...

("Peddles" stealthily hides the paper in the pack.  Not sure how many dice I have since that was on the old computer.  If you don't have a copy, Segev, I can try to hunt it up.)
Beatrix LeSchaye
 player, 431 posts
 Solar
 Zenith
Sat 20 Aug 2016
at 01:26
The Nameless Lair
Beatrix gives Peddles and Merlin a look and a nod towards the door. Even without words, the intention is clear; get out of sight for a second and see what the invite is.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 788 posts
Mon 22 Aug 2016
at 00:52
The Nameless Lair
The Beastwoman still seems to be doing her level best to pretend that the interlopers aren't here.
Austringer
 player, 61 posts
Mon 29 Aug 2016
at 00:06
The Nameless Lair
Austringer accompanies Peddles and Merlin outside to look over the letter.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 790 posts
Tue 6 Sep 2016
at 04:23
The Nameless Lair
Austringer is able to read it; it's an invitation that is official enough to assume that the invited will accept, but not quite so presumptuous to demand his presence. Which is not entirely surprising, given that it's addressed to Ma Ha Suchi. It is signed by two august-sounding titles...or names, identifying them as Chosen of two of the Maidens: Serenity and Battles.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 792 posts
Sun 25 Sep 2016
at 03:27
The Nameless Lair
As Austringer and the others try to make sense of this...invitation...and what it portends, Beatrix works with the goat beastwoman. Or at least commiserates with her. Almost in spite of herself, the beleaguered paper-pusher seems to appreciate the merchant-princess's sympathy, if not her aid. However, one figure that has become rather forgotten in the room seems to have quite had enough.

Silent Thunder Leaves sweeps the entire collection of parchments off the desk with a broad gesture of her green cloak. "Enough! Ma-Ha-Suchi. You will take us to him. Now!"

The goat-woman's sideways-slitted eyes widen and she bleats energetically in protest...and perhaps a little fear. She sniffs pointedly, eyeing the papers...which likely will take hours, if not days, to just recover to the point of unworkable chaos they were in before. Beatrix - and anybody even half as skilled at reading body language as she - can almost hear a silent "See what I have to deal with?" in her posture and the somehow human expression on her goat's face.
Segev Stormlord
 GM, 795 posts
Sun 13 Nov 2016
at 17:18
The Nameless Lair
With a long-suffering bleat, the goat-woman begins slowly gathering her papers back up. It isn't until Silent Thunder Leaves lashes out that she shoves a wooden placard into her outstretched hand.

Silent Thunder Leaves almost smashes it before eyeing it, and snarling, "So he's in the cthonic garden until nightfall? Why was that so hard?" Spinning on her heel, the irritable Lunar marches directly inwards, taking halls leading into the heart of the spire, where only light from glowing fungi and torches reaches. It begins to smell musty, to those who follow her.