Delith: Dinner and Go.   Posted by Ron, The DM.Group: 0
Ron, The DM
 GM, 430 posts
Mon 4 Mar 2013
at 22:12
Delith: Dinner and Go

You are in Teke's main dining hall and a feast has been laid out.  The butler speaks in the air.  "Please help yourself.  The Lady Trinny will be here shortly."

--DM2
Morteft
 player, 155 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 05:30
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 1):

Morteft will sit down and pull together s plate of greens and other vegetables. He will also pour himself a glass of wine.
Shorty
 player, 270 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 10:44
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Morteft (msg # 2):

Shorty grunts and sits down.  "Me already here silly ghost."
Shorty
 player, 271 posts
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 10:44
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go

This message was deleted by the player at 10:45, Tue 05 Mar 2013.

Aztar
 player, 201 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Tue 5 Mar 2013
at 17:08
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Aztar sits down, takes a small plate of food and pecks at little bites of it as he ponders the information and the task at hand.  But, its clear he's frustrated as he can't formulate a plan with too many variables still unknown.
Warwick
 player, 350 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 15:34
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Aztar (msg # 5):

Warwick takes a heaping plate of everything and starts eating.
Ron, The DM
 GM, 431 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 17:33
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Warwick (msg # 6):

As you eat and contemplate the events of the morning, the dining hall doors open and in walks a young human female, quite beautiful, with long blondish hair.  She is fairly tall, about 5'8" and wears a long lavender dress with long sleeves.  She doesn't seem to carry anything with her.  Aztar looks up and recognizes her.  The room voice calls out.  "Announcing Lady Trinny."  she looks at you all and smiles.

"Hello, Dualis has been detained on other matters and he asked me to come by.  I trust your meeting with Penny went well?"

--DM2
Morteft
 player, 156 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 18:36
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 7):

Morteft will stand and bow to Lady Trinny. "Thank you for coming. Our meeting did go well. It was very illuminating about the mission although I think we have some reluctance within the group about going into the vaults." He glances over to Aztar. "However, I think we are likely to be the best option to go in. I am ready whenever the group is ready to go."

He pulls out a chair at the head of the table for her. "Please have a seat and join us in this feast if you have time."
Ron, The DM
 GM, 432 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 19:24
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Morteft (msg # 8):

Trinny acknowledges Morteft with a head nod and she notices the Morteft indicating that Aztar has concerns.  "I do understand that this is a difficult quest indeed.  One that I would be worried about too.  I would go with you but I am forbidden by the Dragon Council."  turning to Aztar  "But take heart Aztar, Dualis believes you can succeed.  He speaks very highly of you and from what I gather that doesn't happen often.  You and your companions can accomplish this task."  she takes the seat that Morteft offers, "Thank you".

She continues.
"You have access to Teke's tower and you can also use portions of Dualis' home.  What else may you require?"

--DM2
Aztar
 player, 202 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 19:27
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Aztar doesn't seem hesitant about his opinion on the mission, "Yes, Penny's information was enough to learn that the vaults sound extremely dangerous and that I don't have enough information to plan what I feel would be a safe venture into the building."

"I feel that I would need to research the vault, try and find any lost information about them, perform divinations and see if any of the deities that we follow can be of assistance and then construct items to specifically deal with the threats we would face."

"I was still a bit confused by the fact that it was a diplomatc mission and our venture into the vault is seen as important because the dragons want to make sure the orbs are not disturbed.  Why not simply not authorize our expedition if they feel that way?  I fear there is an ulterior motive by someone or something that we may be aiding by entering the vault."

Morteft
 player, 157 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 20:47
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 9):

Morteft says, "We do have access, don't we? This could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportuntity. We should check this place out. There may be things here that can help us on our quest."
Shorty
 player, 272 posts
Wed 6 Mar 2013
at 22:38
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 9):

Shorty says. "hi Trinny" through a mouthful of food.
Ron, The DM
 GM, 433 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 01:38
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Aztar (msg # 10):

Trinny: "But Aztar, you are authorized that is why you can go.  In a sense you are aiding the dragons.  You will probably need your wits more than preparation with this quest Aztar.  You may be making more out of it than it really is.  Yes Morteft, you have access to the towers facilities."

--DM2
Warwick
 player, 351 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 04:32
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Ron, The DM:
In reply to Warwick (msg # 6):

As you eat and contemplate the events of the morning, the dining hall doors open and in walks a young human female, quite beautiful, with long blondish hair.  She is fairly tall, about 5'8" and wears a long lavender dress with long sleeves.  She doesn't seem to carry anything with her.  Aztar looks up and recognizes her.  The room voice calls out.  "Announcing Lady Trinny."  she looks at you all and smiles.

"Hello, Dualis has been detained on other matters and he asked me to come by.  I trust your meeting with Penny went well?"

--DM2


Warwick bounces out of his seat to stand as Trinny enters the room.  "Lass, ye look well."
Warwick
 player, 352 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 04:35
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 13):

"I understand Aztar's trepidation.  The sheer number of obstacles to overcome scare me as well.  The time limit, the guards, the spells restricted;  it's all a bit overwhelming."

"As bad as facing the Troll King and his forces was, that was something I could understand.  This task?  It makes me feel small."
Ron, The DM
 GM, 434 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 21:51
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Shorty:
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 9):

Shorty says. "hi Trinny" through a mouthful of food.


"Hello Shorty."  Trinny smiles.

--DM2
Ron, The DM
 GM, 435 posts
Thu 7 Mar 2013
at 22:00
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Warwick:
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 13):

"I understand Aztar's trepidation.  The sheer number of obstacles to overcome scare me as well.  The time limit, the guards, the spells restricted;  it's all a bit overwhelming."

"As bad as facing the Troll King and his forces was, that was something I could understand.  This task?  It makes me feel small."


Trinny:"I understand as well, the unknown can be unnerving.  Your will, heart and intellect will be as tested as much as your steel.  However, twice you have faced troll armies and have come thru.  Break it down into pieces it may not look as bad.  You have golems, a small maze, a guardian and the Orbs.  Those are your main obstacles.  You have the facilities here and I can take you to Dualis' if you want to access his library and lab."

--DM2
Aztar
 player, 203 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 17:32
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Aztar looked more than a little surprised that Trinny said the group had access to Dualis's tower if they wanted it.  He was truly having difficulty grasping why this was registering to everyone as such an important task to warrant that level of resources.

Aztar ponders Trinny's words carefully before he replies, "The main obstacles to me are the blocking of teleportation and extra dimensional spaces.  I don't mind taking on a difficult task, but when I'm unable to retreat and lack access to the majority of my equipment, I get a bit nervous."

"Taking away my storage devices is a lot like taking a spellbook away from a mage.  How quick would they be to want to undertake a task when they knew they'd have very limited access to their spells."


Jumping topics, his curiousity gets the better of him, "Why are you forbidden to go?  Penny said that we can bring others if we needed but that we'd be responsible for their actions.  So, which command overrides the other if I ask you to go?"
Ron, The DM
 GM, 436 posts
Fri 8 Mar 2013
at 18:48
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
Aztar:
"Taking away my storage devices is a lot like taking a spellbook away from a mage.  How quick would they be to want to undertake a task when they knew they'd have very limited access to their spells."</Blue>

Jumping topics, his curiousity gets the better of him, "Why are you forbidden to go?  Penny said that we can bring others if we needed but that we'd be responsible for their actions.  So, which command overrides the other if I ask you to go?"


Trinny: "A mage is still limited by their memory in any case, where you can still take what you can carry as well as others, which is still quite a bit I believe.  I think you under estimate yourself.

I can not go because I am new to this world, a relative outsider.  I have no credentials here.  Where the rest of you are native or have done great works.  The Council more or less doesn't trust me."

--DM2
Ron, The DM
 GM, 437 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 21:07
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 19):

Trinny continues: "When you are finished with your snack we can peruse the tower here.  Teke has a nice lab and library you may find something useful there.  I can also provide you with almost any spell for storing or for scrolls.  So, where would you like to go first?"

--DM2
Morteft
 player, 158 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2013
at 21:20
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 20):

Morteft says, "The library sounds good. We should make a bunch of scrolls. That will help a good bit."
Ron, The DM
 GM, 438 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 00:20
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Morteft (msg # 21):

Trinny:"To the library it is then, follow me."  Trinny heads out the door and waits for you all at the stairs, when everyone who is coming is ready she will head upstairs.  "It is the third floor I believe."  You head up to the third floor and a door opens for you when you arrive.  Inside the door is a large room that has several large oaken tables and chairs and a single large mahogany desk off to one side.  But what dominates the room are the stacks and rows of books.  This room itself has 2 levels with a spiral staircase in the middle.  You notice books are flying back and forth between shelves.
"Welcome to the library."

Actions?

--DM2
Shorty
 player, 273 posts
Tue 12 Mar 2013
at 23:56
Re: Delith: Dinner and Go
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 22):

Shorty follows along and heads for the picture books.