Delith:Move out.   Posted by Ron, The DM.Group: 0
Aztar
 player, 260 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Thu 19 Dec 2013
at 23:34
Re: Delith:Move out
Aztar takes the pen and signs 'Oz' which is a name he goes by, but simply not his formal name.
Ron, The DM
 GM, 665 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 16:54
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Aztar (msg # 166):

After every biped signs the book the golem regards the chest for a moment.  It then closes the book and then both quill and book disappear.

"You may now enter the Sanctum. Enjoy your stay."

A portion of the wall slowly distorts and disappears in between the two golems at the far wall, the opening in 5' wide by 10' high.  Beyond the opening you see a wall as white as the room you are in now.  If the portion of the wall that disappeared did not distort first you may not have known it disappeared at all, there is no contrast.

The lead golem extends an arm toward the opening.

Actions?  really who is the first one in?

--DM2
Trysk
 player, 56 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 22:07
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 167):

Trysk eyes the room critically checking for magic and traps. He asks the others, "What's the chances those guys before us set traps?"
Ron, The DM
 GM, 666 posts
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 22:42
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Trysk (msg # 168):

Trysk goes over to the opening to check on things, he finds no traps magical or otherwise.  He also estimates that the far wall of the next area is at least 20' away but it is difficult to judge distance.

--DM2
Aztar
 player, 261 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Sun 22 Dec 2013
at 23:09
Re: Delith:Move out
'I would be surprised if anyone is able to easily alter this place to add traps.  Plus, its already highly protected so there probably isn't much of a need to add more.'

Pausing he adds, 'But,it certainly doesn't hurt to check and be cautious.'
Shorty
 player, 342 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 03:15
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Aztar (msg # 170):

Shorty steps forward to take point.  As he steps through the portal, he pauses to check the air for scents.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:26, Tue 24 Dec 2013.

Morteft
 player, 279 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 15:49
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Shorty (msg # 171):

Morteft will follow Shorty into the room.
Warwick
 player, 431 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2013
at 16:05
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Morteft (msg # 172):

Warwick brings up the rear, looking behind him as he floats through the portal.
Ron, The DM
 GM, 667 posts
Tue 24 Dec 2013
at 21:39
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Shorty (msg # 171):

Shorty steps thru the opening, does his smell test and then makes a 'confused' face.  He smells nothing, there are no scents at all.

The rest of you move in and move thru the first section which is a 10x10 area that expands into a 20x20 area.  You almost have to feel for the walls.  There is no contrast and no shadow.  Light is coming from all around as if the walls, floor and ceiling are projecting it.  Once you are all in, the opening behind you is replaced by a wall.

Another 10' beyond you notice passages lead of to the left and right making quick 180 degree turns.

On the far wall some writing begins to appear, as if written in the air.

'Welcome visitors...
Step by step, look left and right.
Go east and west you then may fight
Bound to the north or south
Riddles to solve thru your mouth
Your destination to find
You need a keen mind.'

It hangs around for a few seconds and then fades away.

Actions?

--DM2
Aztar
 player, 262 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Wed 25 Dec 2013
at 01:27
Re: Delith:Move out
'Morteft. Since we came here on a much more rapid timeline than I would have liked, I accept that there will be fighting and the staff we were loaned will be the most effective against the golems.   With the various tools at my disposal, I'm quite an effective warrior with a staff, so if you want me to engage the golems directly, I'd be willing to take the staff now.'
Trysk
 player, 57 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2013
at 01:29
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 174):

What direction are we currently facing?
Morteft
 player, 280 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2013
at 16:46
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Aztar (msg # 175):

OOC: Sorry, what staff is that? I must have forgotten about a certain staff. :)

Morteft says, "Yes, of course, take it Aztar." He hands it over to Aztar.
Ron, The DM
 GM, 668 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2013
at 22:05
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Trysk (msg # 176):

To make things easier at this point you are facing north but you have no way of knowing and Warwicks dwarven sense is not helping.

--DM2
Trysk
 player, 58 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2013
at 22:19
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 178):

Trysk uses his rod to check the direction.
Trysk
 player, 59 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2013
at 22:19
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 178):

Trysk uses his rod to check the direction.
Warwick
 player, 432 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2013
at 23:43
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Trysk (msg # 180):

Warwick draws his dwarven battle axe.  "I don't like this place."
Ron, The DM
 GM, 669 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 01:18
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Trysk (msg # 180):

Unfortunately the rod cannot determine the direction either.

--DM2
Trysk
 player, 60 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 07:45
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 182):

Trysk shakes his head, "Not a good sign.  So, which way?"
Trysk
 player, 61 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 07:45
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 182):

Trysk shakes his head, "Not a good sign.  So, which way?"
Morteft
 player, 281 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 15:20
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Trysk (msg # 184):

Morteft says, "If this place is in another dimension there would never be a North or South. I think it just indicates we are were we should be. Let's just pick a direction."
Aztar
 player, 264 posts
 An Alchemist happy in his
 lab and the world (Todd)
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 17:16
Re: Delith:Move out
'Even Silver will have difficulty here as well which is definitely odd.   But,, we'll just do the best we can.'
Shorty
 player, 343 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 17:41
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Trysk (msg # 184):

Shorty draws his cherished black blade.  He looks down at it and says, "Show Shorty right way to does."
Ron, The DM
 GM, 670 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 02:23
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Shorty (msg # 187):

Shorty's blade slowly points to the right.

Moments later it point to the left.

Then in slow motion begins to point right then left, right then left ...

--DM2
Morteft
 player, 282 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 02:36
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Ron, The DM (msg # 188):

Morteft laughs. "Let's just wander and see what we can find."

He pats Shorty on the back. "Lead on big guy! I have your back."
Shorty
 player, 344 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 14:52
Re: Delith:Move out
In reply to Morteft (msg # 189):

Shorty looks at his blade as if betrayed then sighs and heads right