1.3 | Registration Booth B.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Hai
 NPC Kirigakure, 1 post
 genin
 Kiri
Thu 26 Mar 2015
at 16:30
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Cloakie McCloakerson snorted. "Started? Can't wait. Interesting to see what passes for genin in the Great Six. I'm looking forward to embarrassing you."
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 93 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Thu 26 Mar 2015
at 23:22
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Rejima grinned lopsidedly at tall, dark, and cape-y. "Sorry, but I'll hafta disappoint ya.  See, I made a wish, and it comin' true means I gotta come out on top here." He chortled out.
Hai
 NPC Kirigakure, 2 posts
 genin
 Kiri
Sun 17 May 2015
at 09:04
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
"I know how that goes." he grunted.
GM
 GM, 532 posts
Sun 17 May 2015
at 09:09
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The door rang again.
A small blonde konoichi leaned in the door. When she spotted the gathered genin, she reset her shoulders and stepped inside.

"Hmn. I do hope the last one gets here in time. The noon bell, the instructions say. It would be a shame to trip up before one even begins."

Shortly after that another kunoichi entered, dark eyes bright and attentive as she assessed the other genin.

"Am I the last one?"

"It would seem so, Miss Hayya. But come. Up here everyone, come." the book seller adjusted the position of his glasses and produced a box from under the counter.

"I'm to give you all a card each. Apparently it should tell you where to find the exam room."

He checked his watch, his other hand on the top of the box while the seconds ticked past.

"This is the most exciting thing that's happened all month. I don't think there's been this much buzz since Thief of Hearts was published."

Finally the bell rang out and the man put his watch away to open the box. He tilted it and offered the contents to each genin in turn.

"You have two hours to find the exam room. Good luck."

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:11, Mon 06 July 2015.

Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 94 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Mon 29 Jun 2015
at 16:16
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Rejima gave the last genin a passing glance as he waited for the exam to start. As the bell rang and the bookkeeper began distributing the cards, Reji took one and stared at it for almost a complete minute, before the realization hit him that he had no idea what it said. Looking up, he glanced around, rather hurriedly, in the hopes that the other genin were having similar trouble.

"...So...Anyone else able to read theirs?"
He asked after a moment or two's hesitation. Not one for secrecy, that Rejima.
GM
 GM, 539 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2015
at 13:14
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The kiri-nin grunted when he turned over his card. The Sunan girl stared at her card as though her little brother had just put a slug in her hand. It seemed the answer to Rejima's question was a unanimous 'no'.

Except for the girl from the Hidden Leaf village. She looked more surprised to be the only one who could read her card. As quickly as Rejima figured that out, the rest of the genin in the room did too.

"Well, good luck!" she said and burst out the shop and into the street.

The Sunan girl laughed. "Smart girl." She looked over the other three two genin. The sound ninja disappeared behind a bookcase, either to cover his escape or conceal his despair.

"I don't understand my card at all, but I can read it." she held up a hand. "I'll show it to you, but you have to give me your cards."
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 95 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Thu 2 Jul 2015
at 14:52
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
"That's....goin' a bit too far." Reji replied quickly, looking at his card before glancing back at the Sunan girl, expression skeptical, to say the least. Come from a clan of so-called swindlers, and you tend to expect the same out of everyone. "How 'bout I show you mine, and if ya can read it aloud I'll give it to ya?"

With a sigh, Rejima scrutinized his card, turning it over and over in his hands and bending it this way and that as he was able. Were the words important, too?
Maduvanthi Hayya
 Sunagakure, 22 posts
 Genin
 Suna
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 11:02
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
"So we all have two clues each?" Maduvanthi cupped her chin in her hand. "But I have one more clue than you already. You'd be giving me one clue and I would be giving you two. That's not very fair, trying to take advantage of a girl like that. What about you, al-Kiri? Does the Hidden Mist breed better gentlemen?"
Hai
 NPC Kirigakure, 3 posts
 genin
 Kiri
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 11:02
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Cloakie McCloakerson rolled his eyes around to Rejima.

"If I trade with you, you'll have two, I get one, and the kid gets none. Works for me."

He folded his card in half and offered it to the Sunan girl, holding out his other hand for her card.
Maduvanthi Hayya
 Sunagakure, 23 posts
 Genin
 Suna
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 11:02
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
"Actually, I thought about it some more. I know what to do with this." She waved her card and shrugged. "Sorry, boys. You'll have to get someone else to read them too you."

She gave them a little wave and ducked around a bookshelf when the kiri-nin lunged at her.

"Bye-ee!" he voice seemed to jingle like the bell on the closing door.
Hai
 NPC Kirigakure, 4 posts
 genin
 Kiri
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 11:03
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Hai growled.

"This is stupid." he turned to the shopkeeper and slapped his card down on the counter. "I don't care if he hears it. I didn't come all this way to fail over bad handwriting. Will you tell me what this says?"
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 96 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 11:58
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Rejima quirked a brow, glancing at the Kirigakure genin and sighing. "'n that right there? Eeeeexactly why I wosn't goin' on faith." He said, thumbing his hand at the scampering Sunan girl. Turning his own card over to the shopkeeper, he nodded at Cloakie. "Can ya tell me what mine means, too? Don't care if this guy over here hears it, either."

"We can settle our differences in one of the other tests. This one, we work together, deal?"
With that, he extended Cloakie a hand.
GM
 GM, 547 posts
Mon 6 Jul 2015
at 11:20
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
"I worked too hard to get here." the kiri-nin agreed.

"Well now..." the book seller drummed his fingers on the counter. "I don't really know if I should be helping you. Mirza-Kosai is an intelligent man. I'm sure he has something in mind. But if you can't read them... I suppose that's like not having a card at all. I can't think he'd fail you on something so simple as that.
Okay. I will take a look, but I can't tell you what the answer is, because I don't know it."


He turned over both cards, reading them carefully and taking his time about it.

"I see. This one-" he tapped Rejima's card. "It says 'the eel who topples castles'. The other one says 'the most treasured vault of Sunagakure'. There is only one exam room, so these two things are in the same place. But take some care: these are poetic phrases. You should not interpret them literally. The eel is not a fish and the vault has no gold inside."
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 97 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Tue 14 Jul 2015
at 14:31
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Rejima frowned, tucking his hands into a pocket as he stared at his card. "Eel that topples castles....huh." he murmured, stepping up to the table and taking his card, turning it over in his hands as he slowly turned about, heading towards the door. Pausing just at the entrance, he looked over his shoulder. "Don't suppose you know what Sunagakure thinks is so valuable, do ya?" He called at Cloaks.
Hai
 NPC Kirigakure, 5 posts
 genin
 Kiri
Fri 17 Jul 2015
at 08:41
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The kiri-nin snorted. "They measure value in gold dust here. Either going to be that or something worth its weight in gold."

A faint, pensive growl rolled out from under the hood. "This is a weird test. Whatever. I'll see you later. If you make it."

He took his card back from the counter and stalked out, apparently in less hurry than the others before him since he didn't break into a run outside the door.
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 100 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Thu 6 Aug 2015
at 17:11
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Rejima quirked an eyebrow, before staring at his own card as he, too, exited. Racking his brain for anything that might be of use, he looked up from his only clue and muttered the meanings to himself once more, committing them to memory for the time being.

Rapping his forehead with a knuckle, he let out a sigh of frustration.
GM
 GM, 573 posts
Mon 10 Aug 2015
at 10:55
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B


At the end of the street, Rejima spotted the teasing Sunan girl talking with another boy. The boy shrugged and said something. The girl stared at him, fiddled with the many bangles on her wrists, then gestured down one of the other streets. Her partner still looked baffled, but followed her in that direction anyway.
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 101 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Tue 11 Aug 2015
at 11:34
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Reji sighed. Glancing up and down the street, he zero'd in on the Sunan girl. Well, if you can't figure it out, find someone who already has, he thought, idly fiddling with the zipper on his coat. Hunching down, he made his way after the Sunan girl and her shinobi friend, doing his best to keep out of sight.
GM
 GM, 576 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2015
at 10:40
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The two genin – presumably team mates – meandered through the streets at almost a leisurely pace. Following them wasn’t the hard part. The difficult part was trying to keep out of sight in streets that were new empty in the midday heat.

Then Rejima lost them for a moment. It took a second of careful study to find the male genin again, but when Rejima did spot him, he was now alone. The boy checked himself, then crossed the street to enter the bath house.

While Rejima tried to make sense of that, two more genin descended from the rooftops to enter the hammam.
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 102 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Wed 19 Aug 2015
at 11:14
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Reji's brow furrowed as he looked from side to side, trying to get a sense of the general area. "The eel that topples castles," eh? As they disappeared into the building, Reji elected a frown as his expression. Checking himself as he slid his arms out of his sleeves, the Takigakure genin left his coat hugging his shoulders unzipped, a hand sliding behind his back as his thumb hooked into the ring-like pommel of his sword, popping it just barely out of it's sheath.

He doubted someone would try to take him out this early in the exams, but he'd come across stranger things with the Watari.

And with that, he pushed open the door to enter the hammam as well, glancing around for any trace of those he was tailing.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:40, Wed 19 Aug 2015.

GM
 GM, 582 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2015
at 12:47
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The doorway opened into a small reception sporting two doors with different scribbles hanging over them. Behind a counter at the far end a man with an idle manner and a short, itchy beard, spoke to customers on their way in.

The bangle bedecked girl and her male friend were nowhere to be seen. The two guys in front of Rejima – one from the Hidden Mist and one from Suna – entered the room on the right just as Rejima came into the building. In such a small space it would have been difficult to avoid notice, so the timing was lucky.

The man behind the counter frowned at Rejima and waved him forward.

”That’s the fourth one of you come in in a couple of minutes. You’d better not start fighting in here.”
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 104 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Wed 23 Sep 2015
at 03:38
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Rejima blinked at the man, glancing left and right for the supposed other three, before lacing his fingers behind his head and leaning casually back. "I don't suppose you'd know where they went, wouldja? Promise I won't start nothin'." And with that, he grinned.
GM
 GM, 586 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2015
at 19:54
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The man pointed to the right, to the men's dressing room.

"They went in that way. What's going on here?" He muttered something in Sunan, the name 'Oyamada' interrupting the flow of words. "Go on, go in. Don't break anything."

The warm room offered a dry heat and rows of lockers for customers to store their clothes while they bathed. The room stood otherwise empty, but across the room another door with some more squiggles closed very slowly and very quietly.
Akadou Rejima
 Takigakure, 105 posts
 Genin
 Takigakure
Wed 7 Oct 2015
at 09:03
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
Grinning, Rejima canted his head to the side, offering a slight wave as his his hands fell. "Thanks, gramps!" He said cheerfully as he ducked into the next room. Pulling out the slip of paper, his free hand kept a light grip on a hilt peaking out from under his jacket. Stepping forward, the Takigakuran genin's mouth slipped into an exasperated smirk. Ever since the test had started, things had been exceedingly quiet, and it had eaten at Rejima's paranoia.

Another side to side glance to assure himself no one was nearby, the clue crumpled as he brought his hand up in a seal, closing his eyes.

03:57, Today: Akadou Rejima rolled 3 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 8,9,8,6.  Chakra Empowerment (Sight).

As he opened them, he stepped forward, surveying the door.

04:01, Today: Akadou Rejima failed (no successes) using 4d10 with the World of Darkness nWoD system with a target of 8, rerolling 10s with rolls of 1,3,5,7.  Smarts + Notice.

Once reasonably assured (To himself) that there was no trap and that the quiet of all this was just his imagination, he opened the door, entering as the firm grip on his blade loosened to idle drumming of his fingers in annoyance.
GM
 GM, 589 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 09:04
Re: 1.3 | Registration Booth B
The room beyond the door was small with a metal ladder descending through an access tunnel and a few locked cabinets for tools. Although the room was lit, looking down into the tunnel was to look down into abyssal darkness.

Rejima could hear the faintest echoes of voices masked by a familiar murmur: water under ground.

Climbing the ladder down into the darkness, Rejima found himself in an cave partly filled with water; a lake under the earth. The ladder deposited him on a walkway across the top of the water. Although he could not see the other genin, he could just feel the vibrations of their passage in the wood planks underfoot.

On to "1.5 | The First Test"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 09:04, Sun 18 Oct 2015.