member, 93 posts
Thu 30 Mar 2017
*Takes a bow to the thunderous applause of the audience
On less joking note I am contemplating starting a one piece inspired game, that will take place in the world of it. For the specifics of the story I am still kicking around two main ideas of either place you in a universe where the straw hat crew never happened, or alternatively that the group has already made it to the new world and you are part of the great pirate surge after the assault of Marineford. From that the group be starting at the beginning of the journey, a small group, making their way first to the grand line.
Now I have said this is a very bare bones concept, but before I invested a great deal of time I was seeing if anyone else would be interested in this and willing commit to it. A few extra details that I do have worked out are as follows:
1. There would a be light system the limited growth and rewards completed island quests and missions of sorts. So the character would progress in this way, and help to prevent the free-form tactic of all powerful PCs in the sense of these types of games.
2. This would be a long term game and be split into books in a essence with chapters for example: The West Blue Book with maybe 2~3 chapters/islands before reaching the grand line. Each of these would end with rewards which feed into the light system and growing bounties.
3. I haven't decided whether this would be a mature or adult game
4. I would set a limit on the number of powered people from fruit and ask what you want at the start and look to grow into.
5. The captain would have to be filled by a very dedicated player that seeks to stay, baring that a GM PC of sorts would have to do as we can't handle a lot of switching.
These are just general rules I am thinking about to make it fun to play, reduce god PCs, and still have a simple conflict system that gives rewards and progression. So what do you people think?
member, 487 posts
Sat 1 Apr 2017
member, 94 posts
Tue 4 Apr 2017
member, 64 posts
Fri 7 Apr 2017