Chapter 1: Echoes of a Shattered Past.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Lord Durandis
 NPC, 2 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:05
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
Durandis glances at Varonil and Nod, who have also risen.

"I trust they won't be coming?"
Lyria Veldorn
 NPC, 70 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:07
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"They were the ones who helped recover my father's will, and defeated my uncle. They have as much right as any to be involved in this discussion."
Lord Durandis
 NPC, 3 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:08
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"Actually they don't," Durandis replies curtly, "Unless they are either nobles or lawyers. I doubt they are either."
Varonil the Merchant
 player, 128 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:10
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
Lyria opens her mouth to reply, but Varonil interrupts.

"Do not worry, my lady," he smiles, "We have no desire to cause any conflict between you. We shall remain here and await your return."
Narrator
 GM, 45 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:12
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
Lyria smiles gratefully, and Durandis gives a curt nod as he, Lyria and Halnis mount the stairs and disappear from view.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:57, Sun 23 Sept 2012.

Lord Durandis
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:17
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
The midday sun is shining brightly through the large western windows as Durandis and Halnis finally appear at the top of the stairs, followed by a beaming Lyria. Durandis nods once again to the party as he passes, and at the door he turns to Lyria.

"We shall expect your presence in the Lelthis High Court in two weeks."

Stepping through the open door he and Halnis cross the cobbled courtyard, mount their horses, and are soon lost from sight.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:41, Tue 18 Sept 2012.

Nod the Minstrel
 player, 72 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:18
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"Well?" probes Nod, staring eagerly at Lyria.
Lyria Veldorn
 NPC, 71 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:24
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"It went well!" Lyria laughs, bobbing up and down with exuberance.

"He and his lawyer examined my father's will, and asserted that it was in order. The estate is now mine, and the official deed will be altered by the end of this week. My uncle's estate is up for debate, and the court will convene to discuss it in two weeks. In the meantime you may stay for as long as you wish as my honoured guests, and will always be welcome at the Veldorn Estate! I would also like to reward you for your assistance. I have little in the way of coin I am afraid, but feel free to take your choice of the armoury, or of my father's wardrobe..."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:41, Tue 18 Sept 2012.

Varonil the Merchant
 player, 129 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:29
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"We thank you for your hospitality," Varonil bows, "As for rewards, keep them, we need them not. They must have sentimental value to you, and besides you and your people need everything you have."
Lyria Veldorn
 NPC, 72 posts
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:32
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"Oh Varonil!" Lyria exclaims, rushing forward and hugging the startled merchant. He smiles awkwardly as Nod gives a cough and smirks at his feet.

After a moment she steps back, blushing slightly.

"Thank you for all you have done. I was so fortunate to run into you at the tavern that day!"
Varonil the Merchant
 player, 130 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 11:35
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"My lady," Varonil bows, "You are truly welcome."

His face grows cold as he turns to the stairs and sees Falnis.

"This isn't over," he mutters as he passes.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:35, Tue 18 Sept 2012.

Narrator
 GM, 46 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 12:59
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
They remain for several weeks at the Veldorn estate. Soon Aerendir is fully recovered, and rejoins the others. Galnir's estate is eventually deemed as crown property and the matter is closed. Although subtle tensions remain betwwen Varonil and Falnis, the days are nonetheless filled with pleasant rides through the forests and fields, and the evenings with food, laughter and song.

All to soon however, their final evening together arrives.
Lyria Veldorn
 NPC, 73 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 13:01
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"And you're sure I can't convince you to stay for a few more days?" Lyria asks the party as she sips at a half full glass of wine.
Varonil the Merchant
 player, 131 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 13:03
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"You are most generous, Lyria," Varonil replies, sitting back from his empty plate, "but we have encroached upon your hospitality too much already, and Aerendir and I really must be getting back home."
Lyria Veldorn
 NPC, 74 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 13:05
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"You're sure I can't convince you?" Lyria nudges, before turning to Falnis, "Can you convince them?"
Dalmar Argant
 player, 70 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 20:01
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"I would try, but unfortunately I, too, must leave here," Falnis says, "I have friends who are expecting me elsewhere and who tend to get... tempramental... when I am late."

He pauses, and takes another mouthful of his own wine.

"I intend to leave early tomorrow morning. On the offchance none of you have risen when I do so, allow me to wish you, Varonil, the best of good fortune on all your quests and to thank you, Lyria, for your welcome. And Nod-- all I will say is that I have never met a man who could play the 'Lorance' so well as you do. My thanks for allowing me to join you on your quest. It has been some of the best entertainment I have had in years."

OOC: Dalmar Argant rolled 28 using 1d20+9. Fort. Check for drinking wine.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:55, Sat 22 Sept 2012.

Varonil the Merchant
 player, 132 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 05:56
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"We have been glad of your company," Varonil lies with a smile.

"Might I ask where you are headed? We would be glad to travel with you a while longer should we be traveling in the same general direction."

Falnis thinks he catches Varonil's gaze slipping to his pack.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:57, Sun 23 Sept 2012.

Dalmar Argant
 player, 71 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:05
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
Falnis' face is impossible to read beneath the hood.

"Indeed. I travel north, as it happens. To the mountains. But certainly if you are traveling in that direction I would welcome your company," he says untruthfully.
Varonil the Merchant
 player, 133 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:10
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"What a coincidence," Varonil replies "We were headed in that direction ourselves."
Nod the Minstrel
 player, 73 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:12
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
Nod looks a little confused, but as he opens his mouth to speak Aerendir gives him a kick under the table. His expression brightens.

"Why er, yes of course. North. Mountains. Yes..."
Dalmar Argant
 player, 72 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:14
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"Well. In that case how can I possibly refuse?" Falnis says in a tone that suggests he'd like to.
Varonil the Merchant
 player, 134 posts
 What do you mean I look
 like Prince Marabir?
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:24
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"It's settled then. We leave early tomorrow," Varonil says firmly.
Lyria Veldorn
 NPC, 75 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:26
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"I suppose it is," Lyria sighs, "Well the Veldorn estate is always open anytime you wish to return," she addresses them all, though she glances particularly at Varonil.
Aerendir
 GM, 57 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:32
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
"Indeed. Well, I might," Aerendir says, taking another mouthful of the pheasant, "Your cook is worth it."
Narrator
 GM, 47 posts
Sun 23 Sep 2012
at 06:38
Re: Echoes of a Shattered Past...
Varonil smiles as Nod begins a final performance of the 'Lorance'. The mood quickly lightens, and soon all but Aerendir are dancing around the large dining hall. Eventually, one by one, they head up to bed to get a bit of sleep before the journey the next morning.

The morning is cold and dark as the party downs a hasty breakfast and are lead out to the stables, steam rising from their nostrils. Lyria sees them off personally, rugged up in a large fur coat. As Varonil mounts Cyralas she hands him something with a final smile. The merchant returns the smile, but as he turns away Falnis notices a pained look on his face. Stowing the object in his saddlebag he urges Cyralas to a canter and is off into the courtyard, through the gate, and down the lane.

Lyria waves until they are out of sight, before turning and walking pensively back to the large mansion.

End of Chapter 1...

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:37, Tue 04 Dec 2012.