IC: The Forest.   Posted by Eye of Harmony.Group: 0
Jamie McCrimmon
 PC, 128 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 00:52
IC: The Forest
A growl, and the only things stopping him from attacking Jeanne with his fists rather than words, were that she was a woman. And that one of his hands still held their guest.

"THat's not the point. If he attacked for why I think, he was not in the wrong. They were. For ignoring him and his family, his friends. For grinding them into the earth. All he was doing, most likely, was reclaiming his independence. You know what that's like? The feel of doing what you want, instead of what some jumped up noble who claims to be better than you wants? Or are you too busy maintaining your new status, that you've forgotten where you came from?" A shake of his head. "The only reason there aren't two dead guards at the castle gates, is not because I disagree with him. Zoe wouldn't approve."
Eye of Harmony
 GM, 480 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 00:56
IC: The Forest
The archer struggled, but Jamie's grip was like a vice, the strong Scot more than able to keep his prey under control. "I meant to put an arrow to the heart of the villain who holds this castle, and had you not interfered, he would now lie dead. Do not seek shelter or help at this place. It is filled with men no better than animals, and their leader is the worst of them all. He would kill this man, and what he might do to ladies is so awful I dare not even speak it." He looked out to where Ancelyn had gone. "The knight he might keep for ransom, though he like as not would kill him were it paid. If you wish to save all our lives, we must flee! My master, Lord Edward of Wessex, will offer you sanctuary, but we must go! Irongron gives no quarter, and he might devise a true horror to be the manner of our deaths."

His earnestness, and his fear, seemed genuine. Whoever he was, he was truly afraid of being captured by the castle's owner.
Jamie McCrimmon
 PC, 129 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 01:01
IC: The Forest
A nod.

"Any one object to running? I know about facing overwhelming opposition, and the key is run when you can. We run, hide, and then make our plots anew."

His grip released the archer. He had a faith in people - well, except for the English for the most part, and even that had been eroded to only mistrusting English which seemed a bit too much like the ones he had spent a lifetime hating.
Jeanne Antoinette Poisson
 PC, 29 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 01:06
IC: The Forest
"None whatsoever.  Back to the clearing and onwards from there or into the forest?"  Jeanne hiked her skirts up in a most unladylike manner, never mind ankles, she was displaying her knees - not to mention lamenting not having sturdier footwear.  At least she had not chosen the silk dancing shoes that seemed to belong with her dress.  She also considered it a testament to her diplomatic training and talent that she refrained from commenting on how Jamie's precipitous actions may have caused more trouble than they had solved, or that, if he had been just a little swifter, they might have been able to speak with the archer without the risk of a castle full of warriors on their heels.
Katarina
 PC, 60 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 01:19
IC: The Forest
The revelation that the archer was a warrior in service to his lord kind of quelled Jamie's notion of him as a rebel. And that he seemed to have ruined everything, both the slaying of the villain and their own attempt to infiltrate. 'Wisdom at last.' Kat agreed, raising her skirt without a second thought and hurrying after Jeanne.
Eye of Harmony
 GM, 483 posts
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 20:06
IC: The Forest
The archer darted into the trees, gesturing to follow his path. "This way, then. My lord's castle lies but a short distance. With luck, and feet that are sure, we should be there before Irongron's rabble can forestall it."

He seemed rather eager, but he probably reasoned that anyone who stood against Irongron stood with his master. The enemy of my enemy...
Ancelyn ap Gwalchmai
 PC, 38 posts
 Do you not know, I am the
 best knight in the world?
Tue 5 Apr 2016
at 23:58
IC: The Forest
Ancelyn was satisfied that his friends were making their way to safety. It was time for him to do what he was there for. He had no doubt that while his friends had their own skills, all of which would be useful, his own special talent was knocking people over, and making sure they stayed knocked over. With a wild thrill in his heart, and a roar on his lips, he ran towards the enemy, actually feeling a little sorry for these poor fools who were about to throw away their lives on a totally futile gesture.
Jeanne Antoinette Poisson
 PC, 31 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 00:01
IC: The Forest
Jeanne was following close behind their (apparently) friendly archer when she heard a roar from behind them.  Fearing it was a group of men from the castle already chasing them down, she felt for her pistol and slowed to glance over her shoulder.  What she saw made her stumble to a halt in disbelief.  "Ancelyn, what in the blazes are you playing at?!"
Katarina
 PC, 61 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 02:36
IC: The Forest
Seeing  the brave yet oh so very foolish warrior run off, Kat sighed, long suffering yet resigned to the way of a world under siege. 'But Ancelyn, you must stay and defend us!' she called, appealing to his chivalrous and slightly more sensible nature. 'You can't die yet. Remember Hector!'

This message was last edited by the player at 23:43, Wed 06 Apr 2016.

Eye of Harmony
 GM, 486 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 17:20
IC: The Forest
The noise when Ancelyn met with the guards was incredibly loud. In a matter of a moment he had thrown three of them several feet away with brutal strokes of his sword, and the others were suddenly aware that they were facing an opponent who was a whole order of magnitude more competent than they were. By the time Irongron himself had emerged, bellowing vile oaths that would make a lady of refinement blanch to hear them, half his men were flailing on the ground, struggling to rise - or unable to make the attempt.

Irongron charged into battle, but he was denied his chance to draw blood. From the castle gate, a bolt of red light lashed out, and Ancelyn was surrounded by a vivid scarlet haze - and then fell, limply, to the ground. The source of the ray was a dumpy figure in unusually technical looking armour. Irongron, raised his sword above the fallen knight, but the odd looking person raised a hand, as if forestalling him. The bloodthirsty bandit cursed again, but gestured for his men to drag the stunned knight into the castle - and set about taking care of their own wounded.

It would be little consolation when he came round, but in all fairness, it did seem that Ancelyn could very well have defeated all of the soldiers in the castle, much as he claimed. Scant comfort, alas, for a prisoner of someone wielding obviously alien weaponry...
Jamie McCrimmon
 PC, 133 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 21:35
IC: The Forest
He cursed as he saw Ancelyn fall.

"Well, we know now what alien came here." He didn't wait though, and just continued to run away. He was nae taking on one of the potato-heads.
Jeanne Antoinette Poisson
 PC, 32 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 23:30
IC: The Forest
"What in the name of God is that thing?"  Jeanne's eyes widened at the sight of the dumpy figure standing in the gateway.  She wanted to go back, to find some way of preventing the knight being taken into the castle but common sense told her that it would be foolish to get all of them captured in the process.  It was small consolation to think that he was probably still alive if the alien creature had prevented Irongron taking the final blow with his sword - Considering the warnings the archer had given, perhaps that was not such a blessing.
Hal the Archer
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 23:39
IC: The Forest
The Archer hissed to them, aware that some of Irongron's men were heading to the forest. They were not very intelligent, but even they could work out that the knight had an accomplice - he had no bow. Someone else had to have fired that arrow.

"What magic was that? Irongron associates with devils now? Your friend - he will likely be spared, while he is questioned. And ransom might be paid. The one thing Irongron loves more than killing, is money. But if no ransom is offered, best pray that he dies swiftly." He then continued on his way. He moved through the forest with complete silence, and swiftly. In truth, there was little could be done for Ancelyn at this point - but then again, this was probably his element, and now he was in it, he would likely do well. He came from a world very like this one, but also was far more intelligent than his captors - although at times it seemed dubious. He was in no danger of imminent demise, at least, though what that alien thing would do to him was another matter entirely...
Jamie McCrimmon
 PC, 134 posts
Wed 6 Apr 2016
at 23:42
IC: The Forest
In reply to Jeanne Antoinette Poisson (msg # 82):

A murmur.

"A Sontaran. I've run across them before with the Doctor. Strong as anything."
Katarina
 PC, 62 posts
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 01:31
IC: The Forest
'Ancelyn!' Kat screamed as the brave knight fell, seeing only that he was struck by red lightning surely hurled by Zeus himself, and just as surely slain. So much for reminding him of the tale of Hector he'd died just the same. She hesitated, torn between trying to reclaim his body for proper burning, but it was too late, there were too many warriors and her friends were retreating too swiftly. Kat continued running through the forest after them.

'You think he lives? That he survived the red lightning?' she wondered as they seemed far enough away to talk.
Ancelyn ap Gwalchmai
 PC, 39 posts
 Do you not know, I am the
 best knight in the world?
Thu 7 Apr 2016
at 20:29
IC: The Forest
Ancelyn was thoroughly enjoying himself. In the manner of a true knight, he held off the enemy so his friends might escape. It would be a few minutes work to grind this rabble into so much dogmeat, then he could enjoy a pleasant stroll through the forest, and meet up with his friends again. All in all, it was a rather nice day. He noted that there was a stumpy person in the gateway. He seemed to be wearing synthetic fabrics and space armour. Now that was not right, and what was he doing with tha...

Zap!

As he reached unconsciousness, Ancelyn had a moment to reflect upon that it was most unsporting to bring a multi-functional neutronium sidearm to a swordfight. He would have to have a word with this person about what it meant to be British. Fair play was important!
Hal the Archer
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 9 Apr 2016
at 00:59
IC: The Forest
Hal continued to lead the way away from Irongron's castle, where Ancelyn was now prisoner. It was not very long before they emerged from the forest to see another castle ... one that was in better repair than the previous example, and although it had few signs of habitation, it had a more permanent, home-like feel to it.

Hal led the way inside, immediately granted access by the single guard at the gate. As they reached the courtyard, he spoke to an aged, emaciated old man, who had fine clothes, and the manner of a servant of high rank. "Please let my Lord Edward know we have guests. It might be best that we met with him at once. There has been an unforseen development."

He looked to the time travelling party with worried eyes. "I do not know your names, nor your rank. How should I introduce you to my lord of Wessex? We may be depleted in men and managing with bruised dignity, but Wessex Castle still maintains the dignity of proper courtesies. I am Hal, and I command what few men remain here."

<<All go to IC: Wessex Castle, except for Ancelyn, who will languish over in IC: Irongron's Lair>>
Eye of Harmony
 GM, 619 posts
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 22:30
IC: The Forest
<<From: Wessex Castle>>

Hal led the party, swiftly, to a poing where they could see Irongron's Lair, without being observed. He gestured to one side. "From here, it is a short run from the edge of the trees to the castle gate. But while you go, you will be in the open, so choose your moment well. Wait some few moments once Irongron departs, lest there be any stragglers in his party." He gave Jamie a serious, curt nod. "Good hunting, then. Sorcery is difficult to o'ercome with but a knife, but I feel that you have what it takes."

He then gave a slight bow to Jeanne. "If you are ready, milady, we should signal parley to that brute who lurks within, and draw him forth. I shall protect you as best I can, but they are many, and without refined breeding. If you wish to depart once we begin, I will do my best to cover your retreat."
Katarina
 PC, 88 posts
Sun 16 Apr 2017
at 01:27
IC: The Forest
Quietly, Kat followed the others back through the forest to the enemy fort, thinking about the plan they'd hatched and what she'd do if they were questioned or challenged or something went wrong. She hadn't gotten as far as she had, or survived this long, without being prepared and adaptable. 'Shall we go to the castle before or after you call Irongron to parley?'

This message was lightly edited by the player at 01:27, Sun 16 Apr.

Zoe Heriot
 PC, 159 posts
 21st Century Scientist
 Perky and Brilliant
Sun 30 Apr 2017
at 02:36
IC: The Forest
Zoe, clearly out of place, looked around.  "I say we move now.  When he comes, he will have his attention on this group, not on us.  If we can get close, when we can move as he gets here."

She looked to Jamie, calling on her own will.  She was nervous, but knew that once she was seen, the attention would be fully on her.  She preferred to be inside when that happened, not here.
Jeanne Antoinette Poisson
 PC, 43 posts
Mon 1 May 2017
at 13:06
IC: The Forest
"I appreciate the offer sir, but I have a...I will try not to get in the way of and fighting of course, but my constitution is not such that I am apt to faint or find myself in fits of the vapours at the sight of battle."  She gave a wry smile.  "Had I my own bow I might offer to assist you, I am not an unskilled hunter."  Not that she had ever killed a man before, but she did not want the knight thinking she was merely ornamental.  That was a reputation she had left behind long ago at home.
She plucked a scrap of white linen from somewhere in her skirts, a handkerchief, and stepped forward out of the tree line.  The fabric fluttered between her finger tips, a white flag of parlay.  No doubt it would not take long for one of Irongrom's guards to spot it.
Hal the Archer
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 1 May 2017
at 13:11
IC: The Forest
Hal gave an approving nod. "Tis best that I depart with the lady to an obvious place, where they cannot fail to see us. If the rest of you move to yonder thicket, you should be safely concealed within a short run of the gates. Once the brute and his men depart to the clearing where the exchange is to happen, you should have a decent chance of making an entry unseen. I wish you luck. This is a dangerous task you have undertaken."

He led the way towards the open, holding branches aside for Reinette.
Katarina
 PC, 89 posts
Tue 2 May 2017
at 11:38
IC: The Forest
'Let's go now then. May the gods smile upon you.' Kat wished her companions well. With a careful look around to be sure they were not seen, she hurried through the forest, her feet light and furtive as a well-trained slave. She made it to the thicket, then gestured Zoe to follow when it seemed safe...
Jamie McCrimmon
 PC, 164 posts
Wed 17 May 2017
at 02:22
IC: The Forest
A grunt from the highlander, and he moved as stealthy as anything. The problem might be from restraining him from leaping upon the Sontaran when he saw him. Back of the neck; that'd sort it right out!
Zoe Heriot
 PC, 160 posts
 21st Century Scientist
 Perky and Brilliant
Sat 3 Jun 2017
at 22:19
IC: The Forest
Zoe watched, the effort almost seeming to be a game.  She watched around, waiting until Katarina made it safely to cover.  Then, her black suit blending fairly well with the shadows, the petite girl moved quickly and silently to join the other.  She did not worry about Jamie.  He could take care of himself, she knew.