4. [IC] Homestead and aftermath (Group B)   Posted by Group B.Group: 0
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 404 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Tue 11 Sep 2012
at 21:10
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Game Master (msg # 419):

"The enemies of the Fey wish to take the land on which this portal resides." Articus begins.

"They are the ones in possession of a staff similar to this one, and they have all but declared open war. They are readying to attack a nearby village, one which if they succeed will allow them to fortify their position and lay siege. In fact, we have reason to believe that an attack will come in less than 2 days time from now, at least as time flows on our side of the portal. That is of course, assuming our enemy hasn't lied about their plans."

As they walk, Articus will sigh heavily saying, "The people of the village are poor farmers, ill equipped as these marauders have been capturing all of the supplies that were to have been coming into their town. Indeed, they would have abandoned the town already were it not for the fact that we were able to stop the small force leading the embargo."

"We have laid the groundwork down for the defense of the village, but should they come with even a fraction of the force they alluded to, the village will find it impossible to withstand their attack. However, if they had allies with a vested interest close at hand, they might yet stand strong. We are too far away to receive  timely aid from the other nearby villages, but perhaps the nature of the way time flows here, and the magic at your people's disposal, might give the village the edge it needs to keep this land safe for us all."
Game Master
 GM, 1171 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 11:27
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
Firetoad nods, "Lend aid will be for the Queen to decide upon."

He leads you to the queen. Her beauty, exotic and otherworldly strikes everyone. She sits upon a tree that has warped itself into an interesting throne. "Well met Pact Bearers. What news have you?"
Felix
 Bravo Team, 48 posts
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 11:41
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
 The outwardly sense of his vision was both familiar and strange at the same time. In a less trying time he might have enjoyed the ability of the place to take his mind off the troubles outside but he had strengthen his mind and knew they had come for a reason and that was to gather help for the frightened people of that village.

 He steps softly over to the side to let Articus have center stage.
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 405 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Fri 14 Sep 2012
at 16:16
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Felix (msg # 422):

With a courtly bow to the Queen, Articus relays all he said to FireToad, adding, "If you cannot lend aid, at least help us quickly travel and transport reinforcements. Perhaps by using these gates we can contact the King of our lands whom these bandits also threaten, and his soldiers will be better equipped to face off against the demons and abominations that may be en route to this small village of farmers."

Smiling he says, "In truth it has been fortuitious that you made the pact, because the villagers who honor it can now act as a bulwark against these invaders."
Game Master
 GM, 1174 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 03:43
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
The queen looks contemplative for a moment. "I will aid you in getting to your king, but I'll not have another outsider army traveling through my Realm. I'll send a few of my people to aid against this army." As she adjusts her posture.
Ulric Menheller
 Bravo Team, 42 posts
Sat 15 Sep 2012
at 09:13
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
  "If I may be so bold, y'grace," Ulric had kept his opinion to itself up to this point, his fear and nerves conspiring to silence him, but now he had an idea that had to be planned. "It's understandable you don't want an army of foreigners trampling through your land on their march to battle, but what of animals? Could we not persuade some of the forest's smaller residents that these bandits are bad for them and ask for their help? With your gateways many foxes, hawks, bears and wolves could be brought close to the enemy army."
Game Master
 GM, 1181 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 05:51
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
"Nature hangs in a balance, to ask the animals to die in such as this is not a wise course of action. Winter is but a month away and they have young to raise. Armed men are oft able to handle simple wood land beasts. I will grant you use to send for aid through the gates. Perhaps if this king wishes to keep his land he'll use his resources to that end. I'll also send some of my hardier subjects to aid in their own way."


OOC: Nobody else wants to talk?
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 406 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 06:04
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Game Master (msg # 426):

Thoughtfully, Articus asks, "Would it also be possible to your magic or subjects to slow the arrival of these forces, or at least help us pinpoint from which direction they are about to strike?"

OOC: I DO! I DO!
Ziggy
 Bravo Team, 120 posts
 ♫ Great musician
 (in the making)
Tue 18 Sep 2012
at 17:49
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
"And do you know who Delvin is, by the way?"
Game Master
 GM, 1189 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 20:38
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
The Queen answers Ziggy, "Is that the name of the person who has my Staff?"

She waves a hand, stepping forward is a young male, perhaps 16 or 17 years of age. "This one has been wandering in my realm, please take him with you."
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 407 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 20:57
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Game Master (msg # 429):

"Yes your majesty, him and a wolf man named Warrick are the ones threatening the village. I have a note from one to the other if you feel that may be of use?"
Malborne Wilgeon
 Bravo Team, 2 posts
Sat 22 Sep 2012
at 21:54
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
Malborne steps forward and eyes the assembled companions.

"You may call me Malborne," he says, but doesn't extend his hand. One long white hand rests upon the hilt of his longsword. He moves nearer but keeps a noticeable space between himself and the rest of the group.

As he scans them, recognition flashes briefly in his eyes and a sneer curls up the corners of his mouth. "Oh, oh my. And just what have you all gotten yourselves into?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:10, Sat 22 Sept 2012.

Game Master
 GM, 1194 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Tue 25 Sep 2012
at 14:44
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
The queen nods, "Very well, you have my answer. I f you wish to speak to your ruler, I'll send one of my followers to assist you. You'll have my aid as far as may grant. Now, take this wayward villager with you and go." She gives a dismissive wave as other fey step forward.
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 410 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Tue 25 Sep 2012
at 15:07
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Game Master (msg # 432):

Articus's eyes flicker with curiosity as he bows to the Queen, only momentarily breaking eye contact to examine the stranger. Recognition does not show in his eyes, but he merely nods saying, "Thank you your majesty for your kindness. Do you also have a way of helping us to communicate how true and urgent our words are to the king? Our relative youth may cause him to doubt our words, as urgent as they may be."

Then, less formally, Articus turns to the newcomer saying, "Greetings Malborne, I am Articus Thane. Are you from one of the surrounding villages? We will have much to talk about soon I don't wonder." he says with a kind smile.
Malborne Wilgeon
 Bravo Team, 6 posts
Tue 25 Sep 2012
at 16:32
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Articus Thane (msg # 434):

Malborne makes a dismissive noise and says, almost to himself, "Less than you think, I shouldn't wonder..."
Ulric Menheller
 NPC - Bravo Team, 45 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 21:07
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
  His own reaction only slightly less suspicious than Malbourne Ulric gave a grudging nod to the young man "I'm Ulric," he said simply
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 414 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 21:59
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Ulric Menheller (msg # 436):

Pausing for a moment, Artiucs taps his lip thoughtfully as he stares at Malborne.

"I... know you."

It wasn't a question. Articus clearly recognized this young man.

"Were you the boy that went missing some time ago? Wilgeon was it?"
Malborne Wilgeon
 Bravo Team, 8 posts
Thu 27 Sep 2012
at 22:15
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Articus Thane (msg # 437):

Malborne observes the two for a moment before speaking. His lips curl in a slight smile.

"Yes, that's right. I'm surprised you remember. I couldn't imagine that anyone was very much grieved by my disappearance."
Game Master
 GM, 1205 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 28 Sep 2012
at 18:01
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
While the group meets the new member, a little Fey comes in and says something to her. "Others from your village are being cut down by the brigands. If you wish to aid them, walk through that mirror. Otherwise, follow the red hat to your king."

She sits down with a contemplative look.
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 415 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Fri 28 Sep 2012
at 18:04
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
In reply to Game Master (msg # 439):

Not taking a second to react, Articus races towards the Red Hat saying, "The attack has come early, we MUST go to their aid. Do we know the number of the attackers?"
Game Master
 GM, 1206 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Fri 28 Sep 2012
at 18:10
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
Red hat replies "Sounded like more than 10 and less than 20." As Articus dashes off through the mirror...
Malborne Wilgeon
 Bravo Team, 9 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2012
at 18:32
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
Malborne's eyes widen in shock. He looks at Ulric and sputters for a moment before saying, "Surely you won't comply with this lunacy!"
Ulric Menheller
 Bravo Team, 46 posts
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 19:17
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
  He paused for a moment and turned to those that remained "I gave my word to help them, and what have I if not my word?" Ulric drew his longsword and turned to face the mirror. "One of us should go to the king, there is no shame in it, he MUST be told." He said it simply and passed through the mirror.
Malborne Wilgeon
 Bravo Team, 11 posts
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 19:37
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)
Malborne weighed the options quickly in his head. He cared nothing for those from the village, but he knew the others would think him cowardly if he remained behind, regardless of what Ulric had said.

With an annoyed sigh he pulls out his sling and steps through the mirror.
Game Master
 GM, 1208 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 29 Sep 2012
at 20:03
Re: 4. [IC] On The Road (Group B)



<< And thus ends the reign of Team Bravo... >>