[Combat] Defenders of the Village.   Posted by Game Master.Group: archive 0
Articus Thane
 Bravo Team, 459 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 16:25
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
In reply to Game Master (msg # 23):

Seeing the Giant lumbering towards his friends, Articus considers throwing up an entangle again, but quickly discards the idea as he moves a bit closer and fires an arrow at it while saying, "If you are injured, come to me!"

Move: Full move closer, behind the group (Don't remember where I was to know where I'll be now)
Standard: Fire Bow
Free: Speak


11:24, Today: Articus Thane rolled 10 using 1d8+4. Arrow Damage.
11:24, Today: Articus Thane rolled 23 using 1d20+8. Bow Attack on Giant.

Leo Selaht
 Alpha Team, 463 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Wed 12 Dec 2012
at 19:43
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Leo was drenched in blood, he'd already lost count of how many men he had torn to shreds.  He growled low in his throat upon seeing his comrades not returning to formation.  He spared a brief glance toward the giant eagle who had come to fight for them before returning his gaze back to the oncoming wave of soldiers.

[Private to Michael Tassarion: Leo's voice erupts clearly in Michael's mind: Return to formation.  We must preserve the funnel before you have attackers surrounding you.]

[Private to Francis Prowler: Leo's voice erupts clearly in Francis' mind: Step back, Francis, return to formation or the enemy will surround us.]

[Private to GM: Leo sent his Mindspeech to the giant eagle, speaking in the beast's own tongue:  The other giant, attack!]

OOC:
Initiative:  6
Buff:  Shield Other:  Takes half damage.

Action:  DELAY until an enemy steps in reach
Delayed Action:  Full Attack:
Claw:  ATT 24 for 6 damage
Claw: ATT 15, for 8 damage
Bite:  ATT 20 for 3 damage

Giant Eagle:  Rounds active 3/5
Action:  Fly-By-Attack
Fly down 40', Attack, Fly Up 40'
Attack: Claw:  ATT 16 for 6 damage

14:36, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d6+4. Eagle Dam.
14:36, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 16 using 1d20+7. Eagle Attack.
14:35, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 3 using 1d6+2. Bite.
14:34, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 8 using 1d4+4. Claw2.
14:34, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d4+4. Claw1.
14:34, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 20 using 1d20+7. Bite.
14:33, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 15 using 1d20+7. Claw2.
14:33, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 24 using 1d20+7. Claw1.

Francis Prowler
 Alpha Team, 132 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Thu 13 Dec 2012
at 04:57
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Francis heard a voice in his head telling him to step back.  This time, he would follow the battle plan.  Perhaps they would be victorious.  Perhaps they would find the staff.

MOVE: AE-17
    STANDARD:
    FREE:
    BUFF: Shield Other:  Takes half damage
Michael Tassarion
 NPC player, 684 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 00:43
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
*Initiative 17*

Michael longs to join the dwarf in his bloody assault, but knows better than to rush in. While the battle may be enthralling, he is himself enough to know he would be quickly overpowered by the numbers against them. The lucky blow that hits him seems to do less damage than the attacker thinks. It was a light blow, but something should have happened. As it was, the dwarf gained a small cut and Michael seemed unharmed.

Trying to thin the herd a bit, he back off while blasting fire back into the mass ahead of them.
Leo's voice in his head is loud and clear, and quite unnerving if truth be told. Backing up to be in line with the others, Michael holds steady next to Francis.


Standard: Fire-breath attack (Cone from Top Right of space going straight north)
[Private to GM: 19:16, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 12 using 2d6. Fire Damage (DC16 reflex halves).]
Move: 5' to AD 15
No damage taken due to Half Damage spell and DR2

Game Master
 GM, 1326 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 13:13
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Initiative Order:
23 | Articus
21 | Jason
19 | BAD Leader
17 | Michael
16 | Thorin
16 | Destine and Armand
13 | BAD Army (Grunts)
10 | Xanather
06 | Leo
06 | Malborne
03 | Francis
02 | BAD Ogres


Articus unleashes an arrow and strikes true on the Ogre, who shouts his blood curdling challenge to Articus to face him one on one.

Sir Jason drops yet another foe while warding off the blows around him.

The leader seeing devastation reign upon his troops moves closer to ascertain what is going on.
Michael sprays fiery death and injures the majority in front of him.
Thorin whips his two axes around in massive arcs of death, only one lucky man evades the almost certain death as six men drop dead around the dwarf.
The Panther duo unleash claw devastion, killing four men between them.



A Soldier eager to take on the firebreathing man deals a devastating blow to Michael 18! points total.

Thorin roars as another penetrates his defense.

Leo takes down the man who came within reach of those deadly claws and bite.

Malborne practically crows as he finally drops a man.
Francis has nobody to engage and dutifully pulls back.

[Private to Michael Tassarion: Descriptive you may be, but don't post for negative effects on another character unless you know with a certainty it's factual. i.e. a dwarf gaining a cut and Michael taking no damage is not factual. Michael taking no apparent damage would be factual.]



Michael Tassarion
 NPC player, 685 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 14:10
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
[Private to GM: Sorry fo that DM! ]

Michael yells in pain as he is hit and unleashes his pent up furry on the man. With deft movements, he makes a double swing attack. While the first looked good, the back-swing seemed a bit off its mark.

Michael carefully back up with the others to hold the line with them.

Buff: Half Damage Taken
Full Attack vs AC16
5' step to be back in line with everyone.

[Private to GM: HP 41/48 (If you already took the half damage & DR into account it would be 30/48)]

[Private to GM: 09:06, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 7 using 1d10+6. Damage 2.
09:06, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 11 using 1d10+6. Damage 1.
09:06, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 15 using 1d20+10. Attack 2.
09:06, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 28 using 1d20+10. Attack 1.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 14:13, Sat 15 Dec 2012.

Articus Thane
 player, 463 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 19:39
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
In reply to Game Master (msg # 28):

"Be right there." Articus mutters under his breath, as he unleashes another arrow at the ogre, not bothering to move from his spot. "You need some healing Michael?"


Standard: Fire Bow
Move: none
Free: Speak

[Private to GM: 14:38, Today: Articus Thane rolled 6 using 1d8+4. Damage to Ogre. 14:38, Today: Articus Thane rolled 20 using 1d20+8. Bow Attack on Ogre.]
Leo Selaht
 player, 465 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Sat 15 Dec 2012
at 21:49
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Leo was pleased to see that the front line was secure again, he figured that Michael would listen but wasn't sure about Francis.  Their last battle had been a disaster due to a lack of discipline.  He was no soldier, but he understood the obvious advantage of the setting Thorin had provided for them.  It was the perfect choke point, such an advantage was foolish to waste.

He watched as his giant eagle was slain, but not after doing some damage to both giants.  He felt bad that he had somehow summoned the majestic bird and led it to its death, but it had been for a good reason, one of the vile giants had been removed from the battle and the other was now injured.

He shifted his weight, ready to continue tearing through the enemies that threatened his home.

OOC:
Initiative:  6
Buff:  Shield Other:  Takes half damage.

Action:  DELAY until an enemy steps in reach
Delayed Action:  Full Attack:
Claw:  ATT 26 for 8 damage
Claw: ATT 11, for 6 damage
Bite:  ATT 22 for 4 damage

16:46, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 4 using 1d6+2. Bite.
16:46, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d4+4. Claw2.
16:46, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 8 using 1d4+4. Claw1.
16:46, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 22 using 1d20+7. Bite.
16:46, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 11 using 1d20+7. Claw2.
16:45, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 26 using 1d20+7. Claw1.

Francis Prowler
 player, 134 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 01:16
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Francis prepared himself for the incoming enemies.

MOVE:
     STANDARD: Attack if approached
     FREE:
     BUFF: Shield Other:  Takes half damage

19:15, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 15 using 3d6+6.
19:15, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 26 using 1d20+7.

Game Master
 GM, 1328 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 05:15
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Initiative Order:
23 | Articus
21 | Jason
19 | BAD Leader
17 | Michael
16 | Thorin
16 | Destine and Armand
13 | BAD Army (Grunts)
10 | Xanather
06 | Leo
06 | Malborne
03 | Francis
02 | BAD Ogres


Articus fires arrows at the Ogre and strikes true.

Jason lays low two more men

Moves gracefully

Michael slays the man before pulling back

Thorin Bellows out a challenge to the Giant while slaying the seven men surrounding him.

Destine and Armand deal out death to those foolish enough to enter their grasp.

The army closes and a couple are cut down by Francis and Leo
Malborne curses at the cowards who won't face him. The others behind not cut down leap over the bodies over their comrades, and one deals 11! damage
to Francis. The other surge towards the dwarf, but even with superior numbers the dwarf is adept at avoiding any blow. He seems almost rooted to the spot while defending.

The Ogre reaches Thorin but misses the smaller opponent who deftly is able to avoid his attacks.


Francis Prowler
 player, 136 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 15:06
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Francis held his position and prepared to cut down whatever enemies approached him.

HP: 30/36
      MOVE:
      STANDARD: Attack if approached
      FREE:
      BUFF: Shield Other:  Takes half damage

09:05, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 14 using 3d6+6. Damage.
09:05, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 15 using 1d20+7. Attack. 

This message was last edited by the player at 22:49, Sun 16 Dec 2012.

Leo Selaht
 player, 466 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Sun 16 Dec 2012
at 19:16
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
The numbers were beginning to thin, it was amazing what a group of fey enhanced warriors could do with a concerted effort.  Covered in blood, he kept his footing and waited once more for a foe to come within reach of his deadly claws and teeth.

OOC:
Initiative:  6
Buff:  Shield Other:  Takes half damage.

Action:  DELAY until an enemy steps in reach
Delayed Action:  Full Attack:
Claw:  ATT 17 for 5 damage
Claw: ATT 8, for 6 damage
Bite:  ATT 21 for 7 damage

14:16, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 3 using 1d6+2. Bite.
14:15, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d4+4. Claw2.
14:15, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 5 using 1d4+4. Claw1.
14:15, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Bite.
14:15, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 8 using 1d20+7. Claw2.
14:15, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 17 using 1d20+7. Claw1.

Michael Tassarion
 player, 688 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Mon 17 Dec 2012
at 02:26
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
"The group seems to be splitting," Michael says as he waits for the next wave. "Articus, can you do anything to that group to our left? Those vine could force them to face us rather than continue around."

OOC: *Initiative 17*
Buff: Shield Other
Delayed Full Attack: Until an enemy comes within reach.
[Private to GM: 21:25, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 25 using 1d20+10. Attack 2.
21:25, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 14 using 1d20+10. Attack 1.
21:25, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 11 using 1d10+6. Damage 2.
21:25, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 8 using 1d10+6. Damage 1.
]
Articus Thane
 player, 466 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Wed 19 Dec 2012
at 16:00
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Articus, seeing noone asking or needing healing, shoots another arrow out into the crowd of bandits.

Standard: Fire
Move: None
Free: Look for Leader




11:00, Today: Articus Thane rolled 25 using 1d20+8. Perception find Leader.
10:58, Today: Articus Thane rolled 5 using 1d8+4. Actual Bow damage.
10:58, Today: Articus Thane rolled 12 using 1d20+8. Attack troop.

Game Master
 GM, 1337 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 05:40
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Initiative Order:
23 | Articus
21 | Jason
19 | BAD Leader
16 | Thorin
16 | Destine and Armand
13 | Michael - DELAYED to 13
13 | Leo - DELAYED to 13
13 | Malborne - DELAYED to 13
13 | Francis - DELAYED to 13
13 | BAD Army (Grunts)
10 | Xanather

Articus fires, but misses. But his keen eye spots the leader descending upon him like a cloud of death. Wielding the STAFF! His mighty blow takes Articus by surprise as he uses his momentum to rock Articus for 18! damage.

Thorin's Axes of death continue to mount a devastating death toll on the enemies. With two solid blows he takes the Ogre down; the remain attacks drop five more around him.

Michael drops his opponent standing in front of him; Leo likewise drops another. Francis takes down one.

More file forward, and a lucky strike hits the Bear (Leo) for 6! damage (No DR or Spell Effect applied yet)


Francis Prowler
 player, 138 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 14:44
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Francis raised his axe.  "Die!"  He swung violently at the man in front of him.

HP: 30/36
       MOVE:
       STANDARD: Attack
       FREE:
       BUFF: Shield Other:  Takes half damage

08:43, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 13 using 3d6+6. Damage.
08:43, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 12 using 1d20+7. Attack.

Leo Selaht
 player, 467 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Sat 22 Dec 2012
at 16:02
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Leo growled as the blade caught him, cutting deep into his fur.  He saw the leader nearby and was eager to go for him, but he was out of reach.  At least there was a man in front of him, he'd take him down so that Francis and Articus could be free to kill the leader, with Michael's help.

OOC:
Initiative:  6
Buff:  Shield Other:  Takes half damage.

Action:  Full Round Attack!
Claw:  ATT 12 for 6 damage
Claw: ATT 8, for 6 damage
Bite:  ATT 21 for 5 damage

11:02, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 5 using 1d6+2. Bite.
11:02, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d4+4. Claw2.
11:01, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d4+4. Claw.
11:01, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Bite.
11:01, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 8 using 1d20+7. Claw2.
11:01, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 12 using 1d20+7. Claw1.

Articus Thane
 player, 468 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Tue 25 Dec 2012
at 02:29
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
In reply to Leo Selaht (msg # 40):

Grunting in pain, Articus takes a step closer to the bear, clasping his wound and muttering a quick prayer, the wound closing even as the flow of blood closed. Still, it had been quite a deep gash, and Articus's hands shook as he looked at this new opponent.

"Behind us!" He cried, as he prepared to meet this new foe.

Standard: Cast Spell Faith Healing
Move: Five foot step
Leo Selaht
 player, 469 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Tue 25 Dec 2012
at 15:39
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
A low rumble came from deep within the bear's chest.

[Private to Articus Thane: "I'm fine, take down the leader, quickly!" Leo's voice erupted in Articus' mind.]

OOC:  Free Action.
Game Master
 GM, 1343 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Wed 2 Jan 2013
at 04:59
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Initiative Order:
23 | Articus
21 | Jason
19 | BAD Leader
16 | Thorin
16 | Destine and Armand
13 | Michael - DELAYED to 13
13 | Leo - DELAYED to 13
13 | Malborne - DELAYED to 13
13 | Francis - DELAYED to 13
13 | BAD Army (Grunts)
10 | Xanather

Articus moves.

The Leader pursues the wounded quarry! But misses!

Micahel 5' Step AF-17 to attack the leader - With a mighty Bellow "DIE YOU MONSTER!"

His first blow slashes down his chest leaving a nasty wound! 18! damage, the follow up blow misses the mark as the man staggers back.

(You rolled 28,9,12,8 using d20+8,d10+4,d20+8,d10+4 ((20,5,4,4)).)

Malborne stunned by the leader, misses his attack completely!


Francis Prowler
 player, 141 posts
 All brawn no brains
 Axewielding Blacksmith
Wed 2 Jan 2013
at 15:55
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Francis was surrounded by his allies and could not move to attack the leader, so he continued to strike the approaching foes. The man directly in front of his collapsed as his shoulder was cracked by the axe.

09:53, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 21 using 3d6+6. Damage - AD17.
09:53, Today: Francis Prowler rolled 25 using 1d20+7. Attack - AD17.

Articus Thane
 player, 471 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Wed 2 Jan 2013
at 19:49
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
In reply to Francis Prowler (msg # 44):

Taking another step back, Articus nocks and fires an arrow saying, "Surrender or die brigand!" even as he unleashes it with deadly accuracy.



Move:     5ft. to AG19
Standard: Shoot Bow
Free: Speak

14:47, Today: Articus Thane rolled 12 using 1d8+4. Bow damage.
14:47, Today: Articus Thane rolled 19 using 1d20+8. Bow attack on dude.

Michael Tassarion
 player, 692 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Thu 3 Jan 2013
at 03:05
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
*Initiative 17*

Michael continues with the onslaught of his last barrage of attacks. With a calm motion he swings his blades in tandem.

15 vs AC for 8 damage
29 vs AC for 11(or 22 if an 18 confirms the crit.)

[Private to GM: 22:02, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 18 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 8. Confirm Crit  of attack 2.
22:02, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 15,8,29,11 using 1d20+10,1d10+6,1d20+10,1d10+6 with rolls of 5,2,19,5. Double attack!
]
Leo Selaht
 player, 471 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Thu 3 Jan 2013
at 07:16
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
With Articus out of his way, Leo saw his opportunity.  He stepped forward toward the leader, ready to do his best to help end the battle.  His fur was blood stained and his claws had chunks of flesh in them as he struck ferociously at the leader.

OOC:
Initiative:  6
Buff:  Shield Other:  Takes half damage.

Action:  5' step to AF-19 and Full Round Attack!

Claw:  ATT 23 for 5 damage
Claw: ATT 18, for 8 damage
Bite:  ATT 10 for 6 damage

02:13, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 6 using 1d6+2. Bite.
02:13, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 8 using 1d4+4. Claw2.
02:13, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 5 using 1d4+4. Claw1.
02:13, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 10 using 1d20+7. bite leader.
02:13, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 18 using 1d20+7. claw2 leader\.
02:12, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Claw1 leader.

Game Master
 GM, 1348 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 5 Jan 2013
at 09:46
Re: [Combat] Defenders of the Village
Initiative Order:
23 | Articus
21 | Jason
19 | BAD Leader
16 | Thorin
16 | Destine and Armand
13 | Michael - DELAYED to 13
13 | Leo - DELAYED to 13
13 | Malborne - DELAYED to 13
13 | Francis - DELAYED to 13
13 | BAD Army (Grunts)
10 | Xanather



Articus - Taking another step back, Articus nocks and fires an arrow saying, "Surrender or die brigand!" even as he unleashes it with deadly accuracy. AND Misses!


Bad Leader - Seeing Michael as a greater threat, he moves, "You'll pay kid!" And brings the staff around even as he moves for a better angle. The blow rings Michaels head as he takes a staggering 29! Damage

Michael - Michael continues with the onslaught of his last barrage of attacks. With a calm motion he swings his blades in tandem.


29 vs AC for 11(or 22 if an 18 confirms the crit.)
[Private to GM: 22:02, Today: Michael Tassarion rolled 18 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 8. Confirm Crit  of attack 2.

The leader is dealt a nasty Critical (Natural 20's auto crit, and since the natural range on the sword is 19-20, I'll grant that as well)


Leo - With Articus out of his way, Leo saw his opportunity.  He stepped forward toward the leader, ready to do his best to help end the battle.  His fur was blood stained and his claws had chunks of flesh in them as he struck ferociously at the leader.

OOC:
Initiative:  6
Buff:  Shield Other:  Takes half damage.

Action:  5' step to AF-19 and Full Round Attack!

Claw:  ATT 23 for 5 damage

With a blow from the bear's claw, the leader drops to the ground...

Malborne - Shouts at the soldiers in front of him and they begin to back off...

Francis - Francis was surrounded by his allies and could not move to attack the leader, so he continued to strike the approaching foes. The man directly in front of his collapsed as his shoulder was cracked by the axe.

The soldier dies, and the rest begin to run...


<< END COMBAT >>