COMBAT THREAD.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 1578 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 01:23
COMBAT THREAD



ROUND - Preparation

Format:

INITIATIVE: xx
HP: xx of yy
DR: x/y
AC: xx (Any special bonuses)
Special Notes:

ACTIONS:
Full/Standard:
Move (If Full not used):
Free:

<All rolls from the log here>

Please use the coordinates WHEN available.

Fluff Text: <Whatever RP you wish to embellish here>

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:38, Sat 15 Mar 2014.

~Neron
 NPC, 7 posts
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 05:27
Re: COMBAT THREAD
AD/AE 11/12 is where Neron will perch, upside down on the ceiling. He'll be breathing towards the EAST.
Michael Tassarion
 PC, 729 posts
 Attack with fire or sword
 Decision, Decisions.
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 05:29
Re: COMBAT THREAD
AB 7 is where Michael will set up. That handles the NPCs. Please indicate your actions using the above format laid out. :)

Initiative: +2 (xx)
HP: 78 of 78
DR: 2/-
AC: 19
Move: 40
Special: BLESS (+1 Morale Bonus to Hit if within 10' of Michael)

Full Round: Guard Entrance, attacks anything that comes near.
Triggered: AoO (Base of 1 +3 additional attacks, for a total of 4 attacks for AoO)
Reach: 15'
Sword - Hit: +11, Damage: 1d10+4

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:25, Sat 15 Mar 2014.

Leo Selaht
 PC, 649 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 13:51
Re: COMBAT THREAD
Like the Phantom Fungus that attacked its prey by being invisible, Leo stalked around the edge of the cavern as he followed Azrael.  His soft footfalls were his own, having been honed by years of silently hunting prey in the forests around his home.  Together, they circled around all of the enemy creatures.  What had seemed like a good idea from the safety of the caverns now seemed very dangerous indeed.  He glanced up to see Art hanging upside down on the white dragon.  He didn't envy his friend's position either.

He weaved through the thick of the enemy, walking closely to the blob creature as they surrounded the horned creature, which was their target.  He prayed to the Ancient Ones that the zombie-like creatures took the bait.  The darkness surrounded them, but he could sense where everything was due to the Darkmantle's blindvision.

Leo waited for Azrael's signal and then glanced out to the edge of the darkness and summoned help from nature itself.  A brown bear appeared on the edge of the monsters and began to attack in earnest.  That was the signal for everyone to attack.  He hoped that the creatures took the bait and charged away from them toward bear, Michael, Dundrak and Orin.  If they didn't, if they somehow sensed Azrael and himself in the darkness, they would be killed quickly.

There was no more time for second guessing.  With the bear summoned, he struck at the horned creature at the same time as he turned into the bear himself.  He didn't have Azrael's deadly accurate skills, but with the bear's rage, he would tear into the evil demon and rend it to pieces as his friend struck it from behind.  His hands were large claws as they tore into the enemy in front of him from 10-feet away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

I made a big assumption, AF-16 is the horned demon they have come to kill.  If not, I'll have to rework the numbers.

The Plan:

1)  Leo will follow Azrael, likely to AF-14 (10' away to take advantage of his reach) and give Azrael AF-17.  I can roll initiative, but since he'll begin the action, everyone will likely delay/ready until after the bear gets summmoned.

     Stealth:  26
     He's also invisible.


2)  Cast Nature's Ally when Azrael gives him the signal.

1) Pre-Combat:  Cast "Nature's Ally IV" to AC-11
Range:   Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)= 25+5x3=40'
Duration: 1 round/level=7 rounds

quote:
Brown Bear:          http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/bearBrown.htm
Size/Type:           Large Animal
Hit Dice:            6d8+24 (51 hp)
Initiative:          +1
Speed:               40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class:         15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Attack:              Claw +11 melee (1d8+8)
Full Attack:         2 claws +11 melee (1d8+8) and bite +6 melee (2d6+4)
Space/Reach:         10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:     Improved grab
Special Qualities:   Low-light vision, scent
Saves:               Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities:           Str 27, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills:              Listen +4, Spot +7, Swim +12
Feats:               Endurance, Run, Track, Improved Grab


Summoned Bear:
INITIATIVE:  17
HP:  51 / 51
AC: 15


Full Attack:
Claw: 20, damage 16
Claw: 12, damage 8
Bite: 20, damage 10


3)  Attack the creature from behind at the same time that Azrael backstabs and everyone else unleashes their attacks.

INITIATIVE: 17 (Begins combat round and attack with everyone else)
HP: 73 of 73
AC: 25 (Immune to magic missiles, 50% miss chance if they pinpoint)
Armor Class:  +4 Mage Armor (Orin's Link)Shield +4 Shield Bonus to AC and grants immunity to Magic Missiles. (Orin's Link))
And Luck +2
Final AC:  25, T:12, F: 24

Special Notes:
Greater Invisibility: attacker has a 50% miss chance in combat.  Due to 10' reach, he will also be difficult to pinpoint to gain even this advantage.
  *Note:  Leo may attack and not lose the invisibility.
Immune to magic missiles.
+2 Attack and ignores Dexterity (invisible)
+2 Attack (Flanking)
+2 Attack, Damage, Saves, AC (Orin's Luck)
Fire Resistance (I don't recall actual amount from Orin's spell)
+1 Holy Hands/Claws, +(2d6 + 1) damage if evil (Orin's Spell)

ACTIONS:
Full/Standard:
  Full Attack
Free:  Shapeshift into Brown Bear (2 claws +13+6 melee (1d8+8+2) and bite +13+6 melee (2d6+4+2) )

Claw1: 35+1evil=36, damage 17+(2d6 + 1) if evil
Claw2: 23+1evil=24, damage 12+(2d6 + 1) if evil
Bite:  23, damage 16+1=16


Roll History:
08:55, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 26 using 1d20+9. Stealth.
09:01, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 17 using 1d20+1. Summoned Bear Init.
08:59, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 20 using 1d20+11. Summoned Bear: Full, Claw1.
09:03, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 16 using 1d8+8. Claw1 Dam.
09:00, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 12 using 1d20+11. Summoned Bear: Claw2.
09:04, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 9 using 1d8+8. Summoned Claw 2 Dam.
09:00, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 20 using 1d20+6. Summoned Bear:  Bite.
09:04, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 10 using 2d6+4. Summoned Bite Dam.
09:07, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 17 using 1d20+2. Leo's Init.
09:17, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 35 using 1d20+19. Leo: Claw1.
09:18, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 17 using 1d8+10. Leo Claw1 Dam.
09:17, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 23 using 1d20+19. Leo Claw2.
09:18, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 12 using 1d8+10. Leo Claw2 Dam.
09:17, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 23 using 1d20+19. Leo Bite.
09:19, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 16 using 2d6+6. Leo Bite Dam.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Sat 15 Mar 2014.

Azrael Erebus
 PC, 14 posts
 At Home In The Shadows
 The Darkness Is My Friend
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 07:10
Re: COMBAT THREAD
ROUND - Preparation

Format:

INITIATIVE: 18
HP: 32 of 32
DR: x/y
AC: 24 (w/+2 Luck Bonus)
Special Notes:
Azrael is the center of 60 ft of Deeper Darkness (Azrael is able to see with See In Darkness)
NOTE: Azrael moved using Stealth (25)
Azrael is flanking horned demon with Leo

ACTIONS:
Full/Standard: Attack: 30 (w/+2 Luck Bonus & Deadly Focus) using Shadowblade (Elven Curved Blade)
NOTE: w/Flanking, Attack = 32
Move (If Full not used): AF-17
Swift: Declare horned demon target for Deadly Focus

<All rolls from the log here>
Azrael Erebus rolled 25 Stealth
Azrael Erebus rolled 18 Initiative
Azrael Erebus rolled 30 Attack ECB w/Luck Bonus & Deadly Focus
Azrael Erebus rolled 18,9 Damage w/Luck & Deadly Focus & Holy (9 Dmg from Holy)

Fluff Text: Azrael readied his Deeper Darkness to aid in covering his stealthy movement towards the horned demon, the apparent "center of all the trouble".  Azrael moved into place, flanking his designated target with Leo on the other side.  While his trained held, Azrael was a bit disappointed in his execution of his stealth as he felt he was allowing the terrain or situation to get the better of him (i.e. he was not living up to his full stealthy potential) but he hoped that it, along with the aid of the darkness, would be sufficient to get him into place.

Once he and Leo were in place, Azrael gave Leo the signal.  When the bear was summoned, Azrael launched his attack against the horned demon, gaining what should be a solid hit against it.  Azrael hoped the others would have similar luck in launching their attacks.
Orin Markala
 PC, 43 posts
 Mystic Rune Priest
 Quilipothic Sorcerer
Sun 16 Mar 2014
at 17:23
Re: COMBAT THREAD
Orin and Company:

General Strategy: Unleash his initial magical assault and prepare to switch to defense since his offensive magics will run low rather quickly.

Precombat: Since Neron is vacating his position, move up to where the enemy can be seen - probably AA8. If this cannot be done precombat, he will use his Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker to make the move as a swift action.

Orin
  • Initiative 8 (Oh well)
  • HP 78, DR 2/-, AC 10 (Base) +6 (Dex) +4 (Armor) +4 (Martial Art) +4 (Shield) +1 (Natural) +1 (Luck) = 30
  • Free Action: ďI hope this works; I cannot keep this up for very long!Ē
  • Move Action: None unless needed to reach position.
  • Standard Action: ďEver swift to answer calls, Destruction and Creation twined as one, hear me flames of the beginning and purify this place!Ē 7d6 Fireball (31 Damage, Save DC17), centered on the lower corner of AF12. Since everyone in the party currently has Protection from Fire, he wonít worry about catching any party member in it.
  • Full Round Action: None.
  • Possible Attack of Opportunity: Smack with Staff: 17, 10 Damage
  • Probable Reflex Action Triggers: First one of 1) Massed Zombie Charge: Elemental Manipulation/area stone shaping to put a lot of outward-slanting stone spikes in the way to hold them up. 2) Really massive attack on an individual character or massive incoming spell (may require knowledge/arcana check)/momentary force-barrier around them to block it, 3) Serious Injuries to one or more allies/healing.
  • Description/Notes: Orin, his tail flowing behind him, will move smoothly into position and call upon his rapport with elemental fire, the first element to answer to his call, to unleash a powerful blast of blue-white flames.

Kalrith (Shares Initiative):
  • Free Action: Ride along on Orinís shoulder.
  • Move Action: None.
  • Standard Action: Release stored 9d6 Fireball (33 damage, Save DC 17), centered on the lower right corner of AG20
  • Full Round Action: None.
  • Possible Attack of Opportunity: 11 (Touch), 6 Acid Damage
  • Probable Reflex Action Triggers: Someone needs help with a Save/Luck and Witchcraft/Warding or someone needs Healing/3d4 (7 points) Witchcraft Healing.
  • Description/Notes: The minidrakes will remain perched on Orin for the moment blazing briefly with fiery energies as they unleash some of their stored magics.

Shivan (Shares Initiative):
  • Free Action: Ride along on Orinís shoulder.
  • Move Action: None.
  • Standard Action: Release 9d6 (23 Damage, Save DC 17) stored Fireball, centered on the lower right corner of AE18
  • Full Round Action: None.
  • Possible Attack of Opportunity: 16 (Touch), 6 Acid Damage
  • Probable Reflex Action Triggers: Someone needs help with a Save/Luck and Witchcraft/Warding or someone needs Healing/3d4 (6 points) Witchcraft Healing.
  • Description/Notes: The minidrakes will remain perched on Orin for the moment blazing briefly with fiery energies as they unleash some of their stored magics.

Articus Thane
 PC, 604 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 00:26
Re: COMBAT THREAD
ROUND - Preparation

Format:

INITIATIVE: 19
HP: 38 of 38
DR: 1/-
AC: 28 = Orin [Mage Armor + Shield + Dex +2 + Wis +2] + Dex +3 + Wis +4
Special Notes:
Articus has some nice buffs thanks to Orin's link and the weapon augmentation.

Ranged Attack = 10 with bonuses, or +8 each with the extra attack. Bow damage goes up by 1, and so does acrobatics, etc.

ACTIONS:
Full/Standard: Full Attack on AF16 Attk 1 VS AC 11 Attk 2 VS AC 27
Attk 1 DMG - Didn't bother to roll
Attk 2 DMG - 10 Piercing 7 Holy
Move (If Full not used):
Free: Controlled Breathing

20:20, Today: Secret Roll: Articus Thane rolled 18 using 1d20+11. Acrobatics to fire while upside down?
20:10, Today: Secret Roll: Articus Thane rolled 7 using 2d6+1. Holy Damage.
20:10, Today: Secret Roll: Articus Thane rolled 10 using 1d8+5. Bow Damage.
20:08, Today: Secret Roll: Articus Thane rolled 27 using 1d20+8. Bow Attack 2.
20:08, Today: Secret Roll: Articus Thane rolled 11 using 1d20+8. Bow attack 1.
19:56, Today: Secret Roll: Articus Thane rolled 19 using 1d20+4. Initiative.

Please use the coordinates WHEN available.

Fluff Text: Flying was a new experience for Articus.

So was hanging upside down while being carried by a dragon. That was new, and a little disconcerting, not the least of which because he had no idea what he was going to do when Spike grew that large. At the thought of Spike, his eyes narrowed.


That done, he waited silently, eyeing his target as he attempted to orient himself, focusing on his breathing, and the source of their current troubles. At the first sight of the bear, Articus quickly drew and fired one, then two arrows, wincing slightly as soon as the first left his bow, already making a slight correction to make up for the first which had gone wide.
Game Master
 GM, 1586 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Thu 27 Mar 2014
at 02:48
Re: COMBAT THREAD
Round 1


Zombie Group 3 <No discernible action>

Art
Attk 2 DMG - 10 Piercing 7 Holy

Neron
Breaths 18 Cold Damage (Ref Save for half) Recharge 1 Round

Azrael
18,9

Leo
Bear misses due to concealment. Leo lands his blows.


Horned One
"Infidels! You'll rue your interference!" Continues chanting, though it's now changed in cadence.


Michael - Guards

Zombie Group 1
Shamble around without much direction at the moment...

Orin 08
Nuclear Strikes....


Zombie Group 2
Those that can see the area, will see them all move to surround the blob. Unless they are engaged.


Blob Bob
All the Zombies now around the blob are attached by pseudo-pod appendages. Horned One is enveloped by a large pseudo-pod.







ROUND 2

Leo Selaht
 PC, 654 posts
 A hunter...
 ... with a secret.
Fri 28 Mar 2014
at 14:27
Re: COMBAT THREAD
Leo was amazed that the creature was not only still standing, but was still chanting!  He continued to tear into him with the rage of a bear, hopefully allowing Azrael to do the same thing to its back... but with a lot more grace and accuracy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

Summoned Bear:
INITIATIVE:  17
HP:  51 / 51
AC: 15


Full Attack:
Claw1: 30, damage: 14
Claw2: 23, damage: 12
Bite: 23, damage: 12


Leo:

INITIATIVE: 17 (Begins combat round and attack with everyone else)
HP: 73 of 73
AC: 25 (Immune to magic missiles, 50% miss chance if they pinpoint)
Armor Class:  +4 Mage Armor (Orin's Link)Shield +4 Shield Bonus to AC and grants immunity to Magic Missiles. (Orin's Link))
And Luck +2
Final AC:  25, T:12, F: 24

Special Notes:
Greater Invisibility and Darkness: attacker has a 50% miss chance in combat.  Due to 10' reach, he will also be difficult to pinpoint to gain even this advantage.
  *Note:  Leo may attack and not lose the invisibility.
Immune to magic missiles.
+2 Attack and ignores Dexterity (invisible)
+2 Attack (Flanking)
+2 Attack, Damage, Saves, AC (Orin's Luck)
Fire Resistance (I don't recall actual amount from Orin's spell)
+1 Holy Hands/Claws, +(2d6 + 1) damage if evil (Orin's Spell)

ACTIONS:
Full/Standard:
  Full Attack

Claw1: 28+1evil=29, damage 12+7holy if evil=19 damage
Claw2: 22+1evil=23, damage 14+9holy if evil=23damage
Bite:  38, damage 10damage


<i>Roll History:
10:24, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 9 using 2d6+1. Claw2 holy Dam.
10:24, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 7 using 2d6+1. Claw1 Holy Dam.
10:23, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 10 using 2d6+6. BiteDam.
10:23, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 14 using 1d8+10. Claw2Dam.
10:23, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 12 using 1d8+10. Claw1Dam.
10:23, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 38 using 1d20+19. Leo Bite.
10:23, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 22 using 1d20+19. Leo Claw2.
10:23, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 28 using 1d20+19. Leo Claw1.
10:22, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 12 using 2d6+4.
10:21, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 25 using 1d20+6. Summoned Bear BiteDam.
10:21, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 23 using 1d20+6. Summoned Bear Bite.
10:21, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 12 using 1d8+8. Summoned Bear Claw2Dam.
10:21, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 14 using 1d8+8. Summoned Bear Claw1Dam.
10:20, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 23 using 1d20+11. Summoned Bear:  Claw2.
10:20, Today: Leo Selaht rolled 30 using 1d20+11. Summoned Bear:  Claw1.

Orin Markala
 PC, 48 posts
 Mystic Rune Priest
 Quilipothic Sorcerer
Sun 30 Mar 2014
at 17:39
Re: COMBAT THREAD
Orin and Company, Round Two:

General Strategy: Make attackers wade through an obstacle course to reach him, giving him a chance to focus on support.

Orin
  • Initiative; Still 8
  • HP 78, DR 2/-, AC 10 (Base) +6 (Dex) +4 (Armor) +4 (Martial Art) +4 (Shield) +1 (Natural) +1 (Luck) = 30
  • Free Action: Hope that the blasts took out some of the enemy!
  • Move Action: Withdrawing to AA6 (to focus on support via the link). If there are enemy troops already next to him by that time, 5' step to AA& and cast defensively.
  • Standard Action: "Heart Of Light, Shining Like The Sun; Guard And Defend Us!" (Sanctified Wall, 2d6 (7) sacred damage to undead and evil outsiders within 10', 1d6 (3) to those within 20', further 2d6+7 (10) sacred damage to any undead or evil outsider who passes through it. A semicircle, passing through Z9, AA10, AB10, and AC9. No save, but spell resistance applies).
  • Full Round Action: None.
  • Possible Attack of Opportunity: Smack with Staff: 16, 10 Damage
  • Probable Reflex Action Triggers: First one of 1) Massed Zombie Charge: Elemental Manipulation/area stone shaping to put a lot of outward-slanting stone spikes in the way to hold them up. 2) Really massive attack on an individual character or massive incoming spell that he can see (may require knowledge/arcana check)/momentary force-barrier around them to block it, 3) Serious Injuries to one or more allies/healing.
  • Description/Notes: Orin will step back and set up a barrier of sacred energies; it seems likely that the zombies will charge him in response to that fireball barrage.

Kalrith (Shares Initiative):
  • Free Action: Ride along on Orinís shoulder.
  • Move Action: None.
  • Standard Action: Release stored Holy Storm, centered on the Bear; 2d6 (7) damage per round to evil creatures, double to evil outsiders.
  • Full Round Action: None.
  • Possible Attack of Opportunity: 10 (Touch), 5 Acid Damage
  • Probable Reflex Action Triggers: Someone needs help with a Save/Luck and Witchcraft/Warding or someone needs Healing/3d4 (6 points) Witchcraft Healing.
  • Description/Notes: The minidrakes will remain perched on Orin for the moment.

Shivan (Shares Initiative):
  • Free Action: Ride along on Orinís shoulder.
  • Move Action: None.
  • Standard Action: Held to release Scorching Rays on any undead moving to attack Orin. Attack 27 (Touch), Damage 13, Attack 27, Damage 17
  • Full Round Action: None.
  • Possible Attack of Opportunity: 23 (Touch), 5 Acid Damage
  • Probable Reflex Action Triggers: Someone needs help with a Save/Luck and Witchcraft/Warding or someone needs Healing/3d4 (6 points) Witchcraft Healing.
  • Description/Notes: The minidrakes will remain perched on Orin for the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Sun 30 Mar 2014.

Articus Thane
 PC, 605 posts
 Liquid Sexiness
 Mystic Wilderness
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 01:29
Re: COMBAT THREAD
ROUND - Preparation

Format:

INITIATIVE: 19
HP: 38 of 38
DR: 1/-
AC: 28 = Orin [Mage Armor + Shield + Dex +2 + Wis +2] + Dex +3 + Wis +4
Special Notes:
Articus has some nice buffs thanks to Orin's link and the weapon augmentation.

Ranged Attack = 10 with bonuses, or +8 each with the extra attack. Bow damage goes up by 1, and so does acrobatics, etc.

ACTIONS:
Full/Standard: Cast Ebon Eyes
Move (If Full not used):
Free: Controlled Breathing

Please use the coordinates WHEN available.

Fluff Text:

The darkness was not always the hunter's ally.

His friends, these strangers, his people... they were all relying on him... and he was failing them. He could not let them down, and that thought alone set his heart to racing even faster than the snarling creatures below where he hung suspended, the blood rushing to his head.

And so he breathed, closing his eyes as he began pulling the dank, musty air deep into his lungs, and for a moment, time stopped for the young man. As he began to exhale, blackness covered his eyes, like ink pouring from his iris leaving behind a thick, opaque film.

He was ready.
Azrael Erebus
 PC, 16 posts
 At Home In The Shadows
 The Darkness Is My Friend
Fri 4 Apr 2014
at 00:18
Re: COMBAT THREAD
ROUND - 1st Combat Round

Format:

INITIATIVE: 18
HP: 32 of 32
DR: x/y
AC: 24 (w/+2 Luck Bonus)
Special Notes:
Azrael is the center of 60 ft of Deeper Darkness (Azrael is able to see with See In Darkness)

ACTIONS:
Standard: Attack: 33 (w/+2 Luck Bonus & Deadly Focus) using Shadowblade (Elven Curved Blade)

<All rolls from the log here>
Azrael Erebus rolled 33 using 1d20+17. Attack ECB w/Luck Bonus & Deadly Focus.
Azrael Erebus rolled 19,11 using 1d10+14,2d6. Damage w/Luck & Deadly Focus & Holy.
Total Damage= 30 (11 points are Holy Damage)

Fluff Text: Azrael was both impressed and perhaps a touch concerned by the hardy resilience of his target, the horned beast who continued to chant.  Azrael managed to land another solid blow and he earnestly hoped that the horned beast would be felled long before it came anywhere near the end of its chant... as Azrael had a bad feeling that if the chant was allowed to finish, he and his comrades might be finished as well.
Game Master
 GM, 1591 posts
 Storyteller
 Eclipse d20
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 02:21
Re: COMBAT THREAD
I'm going to go into a more story-like narration to get this combat resolved, since I have an idea of what each character would do...

The Zombies attached to the massive blob creature are flailed about, striking indiscriminately those within 15 feet. It knocks the wind out of both Azrael and Leo (In the process, likely breaking a rib or two). Glaring Red eyes pierce the darkness as the chanter calls upon dark forces. Dark Lances impale both Leo and Azrael, but the injuries are healed thanks to Orin and his companions.

Seeing the darkness is becoming a hindrance to the group, Azrael extinguishes the light hindering affect. The remaining free zombies rush towards Michael after taking the Summoned bear down, but then they are quickly dispatched due to impressive sword play of Michael and Orin's supporting spells.

Arrows pelt the Horned thing in the blob protective casing, as Art gives distracting cover fire. Azrael likewise elects to use ranged weapons. Neron breathes another blast of lingering cold which reduces the remnants to nothing.

Seeing it's horde reduced to just those being used as weapons, a Dark Rift appears below the blob, which sucks it, the Horned one and the Zombies through. Leaving the sudden exhilaration of battle to it's quiet conclusion. Our heroes are left panting, some in pain, others catching their breath. The golden droppings stop, and the group realizes it's actually gold...

Orin will recognize dark symbols etched into the floor and walls in this massive room.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:09, Tue 22 Apr 2014.