Northern Campus- Dorm side- David's Apartment and Lab.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Joshua
 player, 497 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2015
at 15:25
Re: A Desperate Measure
Josh nods to the screen, wondering if he should instead be nodding to the security cameras instead. AI hopefully didn't have feelings that way...

"Great. Can you get Jericho on a secure line please? We need to ask a favour."

He impending mental assault leaves him dazed and confused. He had only ever been subjected to such a powerful assault by two people, and the grief in this presence gave him away completely.

"Jason. Whoa, calm it down with the emotion in my head buddy. We're doing everything we can to trace her down. Best minds and AI's all over it. Narrowed it down to five or so energy signatures but still have a ways to go." he replies mentally, expecting Jason to 'hear' him. He doesn't even bother erecting any walls, other than precautionary ones against other intrusions.

"Rest assured, we're going to get her back."
E.M.
 NPC, 14 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2015
at 18:19
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Joshua. I have information that pertains to the Jerichos. It seems that Jason has attempted a mass psychic communication over a very large area." E.M. cold A.I. voice informs you. Joshua might have been alarmed by this. The psychic defense training let him know that tricking a psychic into mass connection can be devastating to a mind. Simply maintaining sanity could be difficult in this case.

"Rylis is in dorm 51 caring to his son."
Joshua
 player, 498 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 02:04
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Just like me. That's why we share a dorm." mutters Josh, and he returned to the tasks at hand.

"I know he contacted me just moments ago, but I thought it was meant for me only. No wonder he hasn't replied." he answered the AI. "Crazy as it sounds, he's probably one of the only people who could directly locate Bec without the use of technology."

He sits and stares blankly at the screen for a few moments. "You're smart. How are you with human interaction? Part of me knows I should be there trying to help, but he has family there already. My gut tells me that finding Bec and rescuing her will have a bigger impact than me heading over, so let's see what we can do to progress that."

He shakes himself out of it. "Tell me. Is it possible to set up a secondary AI that is physically separate from you, but which we can write commands to using CD or USB? Something that gives us access to the outside world without compromising your integrity?"
E.M.
 NPC, 15 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 05:13
Re: A Desperate Measure
"A partially function copy of myself would take nearly seven hours of devoting 95% of my resources. As we are speaking, that 95% is currently tasked with analysis of the 5 teleports which could possibly lead to recovering Becky." JOshua then begin to notice something odd. The air around him condenses, he seems to be absorbing therefore chilling the air around him a little more than usual. He then feels a switch as he starts heating the area around him.
Joshua
 player, 499 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 05:17
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Em? What just happened? Did your monitoring systems show any changes to this room?" queries Josh, wondering if he was being assaulted somehow...
E.M.
 NPC, 16 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 05:28
Re: A Desperate Measure
E.M. Devotes just a tiny fraction of her memory to display a thermal imaging of the room in the past 24 hours. She focuses the timeline to what humans generally refer to as 'just happened', the past ten or so minutes. "All fluctuations seem to be within normal standards of your control. No change one might refer to as out of the ordinary that you did not cause Joshua." It's odd, as if your powers seems to be more touchy and overly responsive for a bit.
Joshua
 player, 500 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 05:31
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Em. What could you accomplish with unlimited cooling?" queries Josh, wondering if ramping up the processing power of the AI would be useful...
E.M.
 NPC, 17 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2015
at 18:40
Re: A Desperate Measure
"My cooling systems are operating at high enough efficiency that additional cooling would not create a noticeable difference."
Joshua
 player, 501 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 01:16
Re: A Desperate Measure
"So basically, I'm just now waiting on permission to get access to satellite feeds? Jason's not answering, which is odd. Having said that, you said his father is with him in my dorm room, which indicates some sort of problem."

He sighs. To Josh, the thought of leaving Em at the mercy of teleporting entities is what happens in movies and books. He had always scoffed at the thought of leaving the most important object alone and unguarded, but now his friend was not in a good way he knew exactly where he wanted to be.

"Em. Can you monitor the location of Jericho and let me know if he leaves? That would be a perfect time to call."
E.M.
 NPC, 18 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 06:48
Re: A Desperate Measure
"General Rylis Jericho has left carrying an incapacitated Jason Jericho. Mercy was with them, she has returned to her infirmary. Time is a factor, calling." You see a monitor light up with call information.

Connecting R.Jericho to Lab...
Connected...

Dean Jericho
 NPC, 79 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 06:48
Re: A Desperate Measure
You can suddenly hear his voice. The steady sound of his pacing echoes over the speaker phone and continues with his annoyed voice. "Listen David, I really don't have time for this. I get that you are angry but we have more important matters at hand. Why did you hack my damn phone?"
Joshua
 player, 502 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 07:58
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Dean, it's Josh. Hear me out for two minutes." begins Josh, hoping the man will see what he has to say.
Dean Jericho
 NPC, 80 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 08:53
Re: A Desperate Measure
You can hear the footsteps continue. There is a something between a grunt and a sigh on the other line. But this was the friend of his son, that the dean cut him some slack for that. "I'm listening."
Joshua
 player, 503 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2015
at 09:56
Re: A Desperate Measure
Josh breathed a small sigh of relief. "Okay, first things first. I understand Jason is probably out of action. He hasn't replied to his message to me, which means you're with him right now. He was worried about Bec, and I'm pretty sure that he's not going to be well until she is back."

He hasn't got long to keep the man's attention, so he continues quickly. "We have a lead, but we need access to satellite feeds. Em tells me you're the only one with authorisation to access them. "
Dean Jericho
 NPC, 81 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 04:03
Re: A Desperate Measure
You can hear him stop walking. He doesn't like people telling him his son won't get better. "No, I won't give the access. Someone could track my identification and figure out what I was accessing."

"I assume E.M. is with you? Send a message to Manny Wolen, he's the repair technician and logistics officer for Hartley Air Force Base. He can access the same information under the pretense of a maintenance check, turn fewer heads to our attention."
He continues walking. "This is... good work... E.M. remind Manny about that thing in Philly."
Joshua
 player, 504 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 05:28
Re: A Desperate Measure
"That works for me. Thanks Dean. And..." he pauses. "don't worry, I'm certain things are gonna work out just fine."

He ends the call, then gets back to it.

"Okay Em, you heard the man. Now, either you're going to have to do that call yourself or my voice is gonna have to be altered a bit. Haven't heard an adult yet who takes the suggestions of a teenager with any seriousness."

He smiles to himself. He actually knew of a few, but they were rare cases and based in this very college.
E.M.
 NPC, 19 posts
Sun 26 Apr 2015
at 07:13
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Joshua, facial recognition software has detected a threat approaching Reign Academy."
Narrator
 GM, 239 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2015
at 04:00
Re: A Desperate Measure
A monitor appears and shows a lone man walking into the campus main grounds. His surroundings tremble with some terrible power.

Alarms sounds and signal students to go to their safe zones.
Joshua
 player, 505 posts
Fri 1 May 2015
at 11:43
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Interesting. Em, pull up data files regarding intruder please." he requested, and he tried to plot a path in his mind to see where the intruder was heading to.

He reasoned that he couldn't surely be the only person who knew about the intruder, but he checked with Em. "Is anybody else aware of the intruder? If not, please make the necessary arrangements." he adds, and he wonders if there was a security protocol for such occurances.
E.M.
 NPC, 20 posts
Sat 2 May 2015
at 05:22
Re: A Desperate Measure
E.M. brings up a list. "Reign Academy security forces have been notified of his approached."

A red alarm symbol appears. "Primary threat response is to have Reign, Elsa engage him." Elsa would've been able to tear Ares apart with her powers, he would've simply bee outclasses. "Reign, Elsa is unaccounted for." Unfortunately, she was still missing.

"Secondary threat response, Havoc, Victor is to engage using protocol <file name invalid>." Joshua knew that Havoc had loads of counter measures for bad what if scenarios in his head, he was however remarkably lazy when it came to naming the plans or spelling it out for other people. He was teach Joshua, but at this point they he was better prepared for robots than he was for Ares. "Havoc, Victor is currently in Hartley Airforce Base. Tertiary threat response." Telling Joshua how to fight this one particular mutant might have been on his agenda, but for now, he was unsure of the old man's counter measure.

"Jericho, Jason is to engage Ares with psychic paralysis." While Ares was indeed physically powerful, it did not exactly guard him from a mental attack. "Jericho, Jason is currently incapacitated." The timing of the attack was clockwork, perfect. It seems this was expected all three plans started off dead in the water.
Joshua
 player, 506 posts
Sun 3 May 2015
at 15:08
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Em. That's all our lines of defence completely down. What do we know about the intruder? I assume his name is Ares given your report." replies the youngster. If he's honest, he can feel his heart beating fast. Who else of the instructors was able to stand up against Ares?

What had happened to the force field? It looked like it would have been the perfect time to deploy the field once they had returned from the field trip, but for whatever reason the college had chosen not to investigate it. And how about the schools defences? He knew David had gone for a sleep, but this was definitely the time to look to him for advice.

"Em, get David quickly. He needs to work on a plan of action using what resources we have to hand. He'd kill me if I tried solving this on my own."
E.M.
 NPC, 21 posts
Sun 3 May 2015
at 18:58
Re: A Desperate Measure
There is an uncharacteristic pause. "David went to the infirmary when the alarms went off. Security cameras in that building are offline. I have information that Ares has caused damage to that building." The voice of the machine becomes quicker, almost panicked. "Too many resources were tied in the analysis of the teleports."

E.M. pulls a large list of the people who live in Reign Academy. She then filters out everyone who is a power level 7 or higher and who attained a A-Class Hunter status during the war.

Name_PowerLevel_Location_Status
Reign, Elsa _ PL10 _ Unknown _ Status: MIA
Jericho, Jason _ PL10 _ Main Campus Bunker _ Status: Incapacitated
Masters, Joshua _ PL10 _ Northwest Labs _ Status: Active
O'Malley, Melora _ PL9 _ Main Campus Bunker _ Status: Active
Forrester, La'Rhane _ PL8 _ Female Dorms _ Status: Incapacitated


Under La'Rhane there is a small security video of her fighting Ares for a moment before he throws her at the female dorms building. This happened maybe three minutes ago according to the time stamp.

Hunter Ranks
Jericho, Rylis _ S-Rank _ Main Campus Bunker _ Status: Active
Havoc, Victor _ S-Rank _ Hartley Airforce Base _ Status: Medical Recovery Unit
...


The list of Hunters goes on. Joshua may or may not have been surprised to see that most of the support staff of Reign Academy had some sort of military training, from the manager of the bookstore, to the maintenance guys who are usually slacking off not fixing the air conditioning. For now, most have begun to engage Ares, but they are not really a good match.
Joshua
 player, 507 posts
Mon 4 May 2015
at 21:51
Re: A Desperate Measure
"Bloody hell. Is that all we have?" replies Josh. It looked like the role of protectorate was down to him right now.

"Em. I'm really worried. This Ares guy looks super tough. I'm just a kid, even with that rating. Do we have a cell capable of holding Ares if we do even manage to disable him?" he asks, and he tries to mentally calm himself for what is about to go down. As he does so, he waits for the information from Em before heading outdoors to meet his match.
E.M.
 NPC, 22 posts
Fri 8 May 2015
at 17:26
Re: A Desperate Measure
E.M. displays an impressive amount of information regarding Ares and his history. He served in the Mutant Army in the elite unit Olympus. Joshua remembers the name, the combat maneuver manual called Combat for Vertically Gifted Freaks was written by one of it's members named Leviathan.

Power level ratings placed Ares around a 7, however there was another factor to consider, sympathetic/empathetic power aura. It meant that mutants around him became more powerful. Of more importance was the other side of that power. Ares became more powerful based off of how many mutants were around him. In a place like Reign Academy, that number would be incredibly high, in fact it was literally off the charts.

A power that powerful could possibly be dangerous to the host and battle reports from the war suggest that over charging his ability lead to degradation of high cognitive functions.

"Good luck Joshua."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:33, Fri 08 May 2015.

Joshua
 player, 508 posts
Sat 9 May 2015
at 01:57
Re: A Desperate Measure
Joshua reads with interest, refreshing himself on the abilities of Ares. It seemed as though it would be a great time to evacuate, but would that leave the campus entirely defenceless?

"Okay Em. Everything so far has been planned like clockwork. I'm guessing that whoever has this plan in motion would expect an evacuation of the campus to reduce the power of Ares during the attack. Given we have seen teleportation in action already, maybe one of the objectives could be to clear the site for Legion to port in once more?"

Joshua was tiring. His mind wasn't used to strategic thinking. But it had him thinking. What would he do to cause as much damage and confusion as possible? He had to assume that Rachel had been captured for the ability to infiltrate the college somehow. E.M. was the most technologically advanced piece of hardware/software, but was under heavy defence. Was Ares a distraction? He would definitely have employed a distraction if he was the one staging an assault.

"Okay. We need an all campus evacuation alert. With so many mutants around, it's feeding Ares. But there may be a slim chance of a futher assault once our population dwindles. If you can arrange a recall under less conventional means I will go out and attempt to take Ares down. Maybe I can't defeat him one on one, but negating him may be good enough."

He recalls the information from the handbook. Non lethal methods had been emphasized...maybe he could uses some choke holds or the like to keep Ares in check....

--------------> To main grounds