Gymnasium.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 162 posts
Sat 21 Dec 2013
at 16:15
Gymnasium
---description pending---
Joshua
 player, 310 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 02:39
Re: Gymnasium
Joshua enters the gym and waits for the others to arrive. While he did wait, he re-read the notes that he had been provided to refresh himself.
Jackson
 NPC, 21 posts
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 21:06
Runners
Jackson was in the gym already. He was wearing a light shirt and was practicing Tai Chi. Beating the crap out of a punching bag was way more fun, but he was trying to practice his ability to maintain control, one of the teachers here recommended it, Mr. Freeman maybe? Joshua caught his eye but he stood there for a while making slow controlled movements for a while. "Ya know..." He said. He was lightly sweating from a cardio workout from earlier. "Most people try and read in the library." He smirked and to a drink of water. There was some primal pleasure in drinking water after physical exhaustion.

Jackson stood there making sense of Joshua. He was a young guy who had spent a huge portion of his life on the run. Jackson could relate. However Josh didn't really keep people at arms length. Jackson for all of his hope, still had the thought that one day he is going to wake up surrounded by the corpses of people he allowed to become his friends. "Whatcha got there?"
Joshua
 player, 311 posts
Mon 6 Jan 2014
at 00:14
Re: Runners
Josh looked at Jackson doing the forms of Tai Chi as he entered the gym. It was a difficult thing to master by all accounts, and had significant benefits to its practitioners.

He smiled back at Jackson. "It's part of a new initiative to help the jocks. Why take the jock to the library when you can take the library to them." he jokes, and hands over the papers.

"Seriously though, we're having a training class in a few moments. La'Rhane and a few others to go through some of the techniques in this book. You can join in if you want?" he suggests. "Great thing is, we have Jason coming which should help you visualise the moves. Better than a teacher if you ask me!"
Jackson
 NPC, 22 posts
Mon 6 Jan 2014
at 21:16
Re: Runners
He leans forward and flips through the papers as you Jackson shakes his head. "I, I don't want to mess with that psychic stuff... Not just yet, can't risk him hitting any switches." He frowns. "I think Havoc wanted to have him help out with... my problem..." Jackson speaks as he goes through the papers.

"This is mostly like philosophy... Nope, never mind, the maneuvers start on chapter eight. heh. Did Havoc give you this?"
La'Rhane
 player, 97 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 03:47
Re: Runners
La'Rhane trotted through the doors and shifted to an upright walking gait without breaking stride as she shrugged of her 'pack.  "Hi Jackson! It's been a while, what have you been up to?"
Joshua
 player, 312 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 04:55
Re: Runners
"Yeah. So far it's helped me out too. Got me out of a sticky spot back in a cafe just recently. There doesn't seem to be much structure here for a college though. I expected....better." replies Josh, and he nods at La'Rhane coming in.
Jackson
 NPC, 23 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2014
at 09:41
Re: Runners
Jackson smiled as La'Rhane came in, she had a calming presence. Jackson knew if he lost it, she was one of the few who could hold him down. "Hey La'Rhane. Staying in shape, fighting the Russians in Call of Duty. Fending off a certain conspiracy theorist's puppy love. The usual. You?"

"I know what you mean."
He nods toward Joshua. "But look at it this way. They haven't got a helluva a lot of staff working here. They got fellas from every level of education both learning and teaching. And they never turn any meta down. It's more of a small town than it is a college." He takes a few steps back. "So you two wanna show me something?"
Joshua
 player, 313 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 09:45
Re: Runners
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours." snickers Josh.

He places the copied notes on the table, with a heavy object on top of them to make sure they don't get blown away by some random air conditioning breeze.

He looks around and tries to make sense of what they could use from the notes. "To be fair, I was hoping that Jason would be here soon. I don't know a thing about fighting other than what I've watched on UFC. They say a lot of things come from muscle memory. I'd say that we need to learn by practice, not from simply reading a book."

He walks around, setting up some sort of fight circle/ring to work in.

"The book is pretty good. It gives an idea of how to react in certain scenarios. Given my condition, I'm happy for you two to beat up on me in order to practice your skills. I might not work on anything much myself, but I really should improve my reflexes anyway."
Jason
 NPC, 26 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 10:08
Re: Runners
Just then Jason walks in. He sits down in the corner. "So I gotta ask. You guys okay with me poking around you brain's sensory system?"

Jackson frowns. "Another time Jason. I'm headed out for now. You two have at it..."

"Shoot." Jason snaps his fingers. "That mighta been cool."
La'Rhane
 player, 98 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 11:27
Re: Runners
La'Rhane gave Jason a considering look.  "That depends on just what you mean by that.  Do you mean just eaves dropping or do you want to tweak and fiddle around?  Why would you want to anyway?"
Jason
 NPC, 27 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 11:36
Re: Runners
"Instead of having you learn something for the first time, you could use a memory I have so you can use that as a reference."

"I told Joshua this earlier. Easy come easy go. So if I simply plant a skill in someones head, they forget it within a few hours. But if I do that, and then you practice the skill, you can manufacture new memories of your own and the skills are more permanent. Care for a quick example?"
Joshua
 player, 314 posts
Wed 8 Jan 2014
at 13:01
Re: Runners
"That's exactly my idea! If you repeat a memory, you ingrain it into your own consciousness. We might not have a teacher, but we have a library of memories from some of the best in the world." answers Joshua.

He is excited to take part, and he offers himself to Jason as a test subject.
La'Rhane
 player, 99 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 03:02
Re: Runners
"I'm not sure how well that would work, I bet my nervous system is as screwed up as the rest of me."  Standing up to her full height La'Rhane rolled her shoulders and neck producing several loud pops as things realigned.  "It's flying that I want to learn.  I know I can do better butI can't figure out what I am doing wrong."
Jason
 NPC, 28 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 11:37
Re: Runners
Jason tilts his head at you. "Don't worry about it. I don't mess with the nervous system."

"You don't see with you eye, you perceive with your mind."
He looks at Joshua and nods. "I have an idea, mind if I show you what I mean?"
Joshua
 player, 315 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2014
at 11:52
Re: Runners
"Have it it. Just don't make me a puppet and put up a YouTube video. I've been out of the limelight long enough, no need to make me too conspicuous so early in my career!" replies the youngster, happy to help.
Jason
 NPC, 29 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 01:04
Re: Runners
You can hear a voice in your head. Does anyone know how to fly and is willing to give advice? "Does anyone know how to fly and is willing to give advice?" Jason recoils. "CHRIST THAT'S LOUD! WOW... OH hi..."

"great, now i have a headache..." He nods his head. "Ok, yeah... this is what I saw earlier..."
Earlier:
You begin to remember walking by a tree when you see something high in the sky. You get somewhat panicked, then get a good distance to see La'Rhane fall out of the sky smashing through a tree. La'Rhane walked up from the Southern campus still brushing leaves, twigs, and grass from her fur.  "That was a stupid place to put a tree anyway.  It was obvious that someone could fall on it.  And the landing was going so good up till then."


"This guy says... when you land, you are looking down."

"He says we naturally go in the direction our head is pointed. That we usually don't notice because we are usually moving in a 2-D plane."

"When you look down, you think down, when you think down, you go down. Stop looking at your feet when you land."
Joshua
 player, 316 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2014
at 10:02
Re: Runners
Joshua looked on, confused. "Er...what? Is this relevant?" he asks, wondering when on earth he would ever be flying around.
Jason
 NPC, 30 posts
Fri 17 Jan 2014
at 07:17
Re: Runners
Jason shrugs. "No not really. Well for you anyway." He motions towards La'Rhane. "She on the other hand nearly pancaked me on the way back from somewhere, and she asked. So I figure she could use the pointers."

He corsses his arms. "So are you two gonna spar or should I just go watch some more Spike TV?"
Joshua
 player, 317 posts
Fri 17 Jan 2014
at 07:37
Re: Runners
"Sure, should be interesting to watch me get pasted to the floor!" laughs Josh, and he readies himself in a martial arts style position.

Any experienced fighter would be able to tell that his feet were way to wide and his body was open to attack from all sorts of angles. An easy target for those with combat experience.

This could get messy.
La'Rhane
 player, 100 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2014
at 01:56
Re: Runners
"You want us to spar?   La'Rhane asks uncertain.  "Do you want me to do it as if I was fighting Josh specifically or as if he was just a random encounter?"  Instead of going into a fighting stance she drops down until she is resting on all four limbs, her elbows slightly bent and her head held low.  In that position her horns curve back over her neck for an added layer of protection .  The plates across her shoulders and down her back interlock into almost impervious armor.

Most D and D players would quietly turn and leave the room upon encountering her.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:27, Sun 19 Jan 2014.

Narrator
 GM, 166 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2014
at 06:52
Re: Runners
OOC: Both of you send me a PM of a attack strategy. I will post on the outcome based on which I think is better... GOODLUCK!
Joshua
 player, 318 posts
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 00:08
Re: Runners
"If we are training for real situations, I'll put my bets on regular people being the majority of fights you would get into. I say practice the basics before trying to think about fighting mutants." suggests Josh.
La'Rhane
 player, 101 posts
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 16:35
ATTACK!!
Nodding her understanding La'Rhane doesn't hesitate or give Joshua time to prepare.  Rushing forward with an air shattering roar she snapped her wings out and up to full extension then swept them forward as hard as she could sending a tempest of wind to buffet her opponent in an attempt to rattle and distract him.

If she succeeds she will grab him in one hand and lift him clear of the ground and hold him at arms length.
Narrator
 GM, 167 posts
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 17:53
Re: ATTACK!!
La'Rhane charges forward as her roar reverberates through the small room and most of the building, Joshua responds by backing away to buy some time. He lifts his hands to block the brunt of her weight but instead of her entire force her arm shoots out to grab him.

Joshua holds onto her and notices that every power sink that Havoc put on the bracelet to absorb excess energy has shot off full of capacity. His power releases a gout of flame to manage the build of stored energy. He manages to hold her to a stand still when you hear a groan followed by a massive crack.

A small section of the floor has cracked shifting the ground to a forty degree angle under the weight of the force. While he deflected a huge amount of the assault his stance is too wide and he falls over. While in the free fall La'Rhane's fist lifts him up. Her arm is longer than he is tall and she uses her size to her advantage.

However as she holds him he starts becoming far heavier than he looks. With a twist he shifts himself and to hold her arm, eventually the weight is enough to shift the arm to the ground where he again becomes immovable.

So in a strange sort of stalemate, LA'Rhane manages to hold Joshua to the ground sliding him to keep him from leveraging a method to shift out of the way. At the same time Joshua has a hold of La'Rhane's massive arm. She can't pull away even with her considerable strength.