Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood.   Posted by RKO Pictures.Group: 0
Pyrebird
 player, 289 posts
 HP: 0/42 Power: 8/86
 Acc:+5/+6 w Pyro, Dmg:+11
Mon 12 May 2014
at 01:45
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
OOC: Pyrebird is at 1 hit point. He doesn't have any form of alternative healing....yet.
Silver Dragon
 player, 540 posts
 HP 13/13 - PR 58/62
 Breathe. Focus. Strike!
Mon 12 May 2014
at 05:11
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Pyrebird:
OOC: Pyrebird is at 1 hit point. He doesn't have any form of alternative healing....yet.

In the time that has passed, Silver Dragon heals himself, Ghost Dog and Pyrebird.

OOC:  If there are any other takers, lemme know & you're added to the 'list' for Dragon Blood treatments: Silver Dragon, Ghost Dog, Pyrebird.  ('Dragon Blood' (spell) -- regenerate HP at Heal rate/turn, can be used on others.  Requires attention, can't take other actions (PR=1/HP returned).)
Modi
 player, 118 posts
 HP: 108/108 PR: 87/103
Tue 13 May 2014
at 00:16
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
He looked at Evelyn and offered her a tired smile as he raised an eyebrow.  "Sorry for what?  Throwing off the mind control of a powerful mortal sorcerer that several of our companions couldn't defeat?  Bah, that's something to be proud of, not sorry for!  You threw it off.  You beat him.  Now, you learn, prepare and train for the next battle like any warrior would," he said with certainty, nodding towards her.

"We succeeded, that's not the same thing.  We didn't win the battle.  But as long as we win the war, all will be well," he agrees.  He felt no loss of pride or honor.  He had acquitted himself rather well he thought though he would never say so.  At least not today.  Of course, if he hadn't been ready and prepared, it was likely his new mortal companions would be dead.  He'd have to remember that for the next time.

"Let us make this flight of yours and return.  We have much training to do and things to prepare.  And of course, we must celebrate!," he added heartily.
Silver Dragon
 player, 543 posts
 HP 13/13 - PR 58/62
 Breathe. Focus. Strike!
Tue 13 May 2014
at 01:49
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Silver Dragon had another point to make before returning to meditation -- and possibly getting some shopping in before their flight(s) home.

"Perhaps before we go much further, we can do a 'scan' of Evelyn and make sure she's fully free of possession?  I was thinking that Cleo, Archer, and perhaps Patriot -- or ANY of us that have magic or psychic powers -- might join me in examining her aura and make sure she actually is no longer possessed."

He looked to the team for any who might have special abilities the others weren't aware of.

"I've read that sometimes possessed people can submerge the occupying spirit and allow the main spirit to return to control -- and then revert at a more convenient time, which can cause trouble for everyone."

'Trouble' -- an understatement.

"I hope you're agreeable, Jade -- I mean, Evelyn?"
Agent Archer
 player, 276 posts
 HP:28/28 PR:85/85
 Acc:+5 Dam: 1d6+7
Tue 13 May 2014
at 04:06
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Archer nodded a little now.
And she cast an appraising eye over Jade as she let sweet soothing smoke drift from her mouth and nose.
It probably wasn't to comfortable for Jade, have this dragon lady peer into her soul.
But it didn't seem to bother Archer.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:07, Tue 13 May 2014.

The Patriot
 player, 563 posts
 HP75/75 PP98/98 Inv 18/18
 Acc:+5 Dmg1d8 +8 Cha+2/-2
Tue 13 May 2014
at 04:53
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Patriot stepped next to Jade and raised his hands  "Evelyn has been through a lot. She is one of us let's slow down a minute."


Patriot turned and faced Jade "Evelyn you know Master Woo is just concerned for your safety .."

Patriot looked into the girl's eyes and offered a concerned look and a slight smile. "Is it OK if Archer asks a few questions?"
The Bowler
 player, 237 posts
 Evil must not be spared!
 hp 19 (2) power 54(52)
Tue 13 May 2014
at 06:13
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Cleo smiles, and tells Woo, "I've been looking as hard as I could, already."
Ghost Dog
 player, 222 posts
 An Irish Dog
 HP 0/25 PR 46/65
Tue 13 May 2014
at 07:35
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Something. more instinct than thought and Ghost Dog finds himself moving again, walking up and siting beside the girl that was called Jade, rubbing his head against her, trying to soothe her nerves and help calm her.
Devil Dog
 player, 102 posts
 HP25/30 PP56/78
 Combat Savant
Tue 13 May 2014
at 19:32
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Devil Dog just sat and watched, making sure everything was kosher.
Jade
 NPC, 73 posts
 Evelyn Zang
 Chinese firecracker
Wed 14 May 2014
at 06:06
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Evelyn favored Modi with a wan smile, but shook her head.  "It wasn't that simple," she said.  "Ever since I got these powers, these brands, it's like a part of me belongs to... someone else.  Something else, somewhen else.  I don't even know how to describe it.  Ba Kien hit that right at home.  I felt all these other voices, all these other Jade Dragons.  But they were more like... echoes?  I don't know," she frowned.

She glanced at Woo as her mentor spoke.  "What kind of scan?" she asked.  "I don't feel that creep in my head anymore," she added.  She squirmed a bit under Archer's scrutiny.


She glanced at Patriot and frowned, uncomfortable with all the attention. "Can it wait?" she asked.  "I've had enough people in my head for one day." She backed away a bit, trying to get some space.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:21, Wed 14 May 2014.

The Patriot
 player, 565 posts
 HP75/75 PP98/98 Inv 18/18
 Acc:+5 Dmg1d8 +8 Cha+2/-2
Wed 14 May 2014
at 06:44
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Patriot look to the others "She has had a tough time."

"If everyone can just take a step back and give us a minute."
Kurt hoped the others would take a moment and give them some space

"Evelyn we all know this can't be easy. I remember when I first discovered my powers. I was just a kid. Figuring out that you can out run a car makes it kind of hard to play baseball without feeling like a freak."

Kurt looked back at the others "I am guessing a lot of the others have been through the same thing. As far a Ba Kien being in your head, like Modi said you overcame and freed yourself. I am betting part of what helped you do that was loyalty to some of the people in this room."

"That same kind of loyalty is why we crossed the world to find you. It is that same loyalty that I am sure is behind Master Woo's concern for you now." Kurt said, speaking as if they were the only ones in the room.

"Perhaps a little rest would do you some good .. might do us all some good." Kurt said with a slight smile.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:03, Wed 14 May 2014.

Silver Dragon
 player, 547 posts
 HP 13/13 - PR 58/62
 Breathe. Focus. Strike!
Wed 14 May 2014
at 06:51
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Woo nodded.  He would not push the issue.
Agent Archer
 player, 277 posts
 HP:28/28 PR:85/85
 Acc:+5 Dam: 1d6+7
Wed 14 May 2014
at 10:25
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Archer chortled to herself in a sadistic kind of way, and wandered off into the apartment's kitchenette.
Jade
 NPC, 74 posts
 Evelyn Zang
 Chinese firecracker
Thu 15 May 2014
at 00:01
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
(OOC: I am rarely in a place where I have a hard time figuring out how an NPC will react.  But this is one of those times.  So...

17:00, Today: Jade rolled 7 using 1d20+2. Reaction Roll. Mildly Hostile, Suspicious. )


"Get AWAY from me!" Jade said, pushing away from Kurt and backing away from everyone.  "Stay out of my head!  D'you think I forgot you talking in my skull during the fight?  Yeah, it helped, but I've had too many people mucking with my brain today. I've had enough! Leave me ALONE!"

With that, she bolted for one of the bedrooms, intent on slamming the door behind her in full angst mode.
Devil Dog
 player, 105 posts
 HP25/30 PP56/78
 Combat Savant
Thu 15 May 2014
at 01:06
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Devil Dog stood up and put himself between Evelyn and the others. "OK, everything is OK. Its time that she got a rest. We can post a watch at her room. I'll sit in front her door all night if necessary. She needs to rest. OK?"

YEAY DD gets to be a Knight in Shining Armor to the rescue!
The Patriot
 player, 566 posts
 HP75/75 PP98/98 Inv 18/18
 Acc:+5 Dmg1d8 +8 Cha+2/-2
Thu 15 May 2014
at 01:15
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
"Like I said I think she needs some rest." Kurt said looking concerned.
Modi
 player, 120 posts
 HP: 108/108 PR: 87/103
Thu 15 May 2014
at 03:49
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
"The voices.  The whispers of power.  Of temptation.  These are not unusual things.  Power comes with a heavy price; it varies for us all.  Perhaps these are yours.  The important thing is that you were strong enough to ignore them, to fight to retain yourself.  You will be again when the time comes," he said confidently with a tired smile.

He sighed when the others didn't listen to her request to wait.  She turned and bolted.  "Should have listened.  Trusted her," he said simply.  With a grunt, he heaved himself to his feet.  He moved over to put some food and drink together.  With a yawn, he vanished in a puff of icy flakes...

...to reappear on the far side of her room.  He didn't even look.  "You should eat and rest," he said putting the plate and glass down on the little end table.  He turned to face her fully.  "When you're ready or wish to speak with anyone, we'll be there.  It is what boon companions do.  Good night Evelyn.  Rest well," he said, bowing to her.  He took a step backwards, vanishing in a small puff of snowflakes...

...reappearing back where he started.  He yawned once more and moved over to his spot on the floor.  Unceremoniously, he stretched out.  He'd certainly slept in worse spots.  "Rest indeed.  Tomorrow is a new day.  And hopefully we will start the journey to get all of you home," he said without opening his eyes.


Who needs doors?  ;)
Agent Archer
 player, 278 posts
 HP:28/28 PR:85/85
 Acc:+5 Dam: 1d6+7
Thu 15 May 2014
at 10:23
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Who needs privacy?!?


In the kitchen, Archer bowed her head in silent sympathy for the girl.  Their intentions were good, but they'd pushed her when she needed space.   It's why Archer had left the room.
Archer knew she wasn't the maternal type, knew that her presence usually intimidated and unnerved others, even if she had meant to comfort them.

But Archer also noted what had been said. And a small smile crept across her face.
That explained a lot.


Grabbing a loaf, some butter and ham, she began making a war load of sandwiches.
IF she felt generous, she might offer some to the others.
Ghost Dog
 player, 224 posts
 An Irish Dog
 HP 0/25 PR 46/65
Thu 15 May 2014
at 21:41
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
"We made a mess of that right finely...I need a draught..anyone up for a drink somewhere?" Ghost DOg asks the whole room, feeling edgy and cranky but not wanting it to show, ready to have several drinks to feel normal again.
Jade
 NPC, 75 posts
 Evelyn Zang
 Chinese firecracker
Sat 17 May 2014
at 19:06
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
"Ahh!" Jade cried, startled by the sudden burst of frost that heralded Modi's presence.  She reached for a pillow with obvious intents on throwing it, before realizing who was there.

"Uh... thanks," she said hesitantly.  She'd obviously expected something else. But then Modi was gone again.

OOC: Are there any immediate plans besides rest and heal?  How far do people want to skip ahead?
The Bowler
 player, 238 posts
 Evil must not be spared!
 hp 19 (2) power 54(52)
Sat 17 May 2014
at 19:19
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Cleo hasn't moved from where he was sitting. First, he watches, expressionless, as Jade explodes from the room. Just as he is returning to watching the fire, Modi flits from the room and Jade yells from where she went. Cleo smiles for a moment, then leans back, and closes his eyes. He sleeps, sitting up, at one end of the couch.
Earthling 37
 player, 57 posts
 HP: 73/91 PR: 88/88
Sat 17 May 2014
at 19:54
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
(OOC: Pardon , connection trouble on my end...)

E-37 recoups as best he can and checks gear while he watches what goes on with this Jade lady, but stcks mostly to Archer, because shes British.

"Strewth! Ne'er made it to this soide of the Empire, wot?" E-37 said, mask off and looking for food..
"I think me cousin George shipped 'ere back in the Rifles during the Opium Wars. Bloody well did him in. gutted 'im like a bleedin' fish, they did.."
The Patriot
 player, 568 posts
 HP75/75 PP98/98 Inv 18/18
 Acc:+5 Dmg1d8 +8 Cha+2/-2
Sat 17 May 2014
at 21:29
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
"It could have gone better. It will take some time to get back to the good ol' US of A." Patriot said.


I would not want to skip more than a month. We are at an interesting period. Would like to explore Europe before the war really breaks out. My thinking being the characters getting a chance to experience the people and places they will be seeing torn apart by war.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:03, Sun 18 May 2014.

Silver Dragon
 player, 551 posts
 HP 13/13 - PR 58/62
 Breathe. Focus. Strike!
Sun 18 May 2014
at 05:50
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
Jade:
OOC: Are there any immediate plans besides rest and heal?  How far do people want to skip ahead?

OOC:  SD will go with the flow.  If we go party the night, he'll participate ... with tea.  And he'd love to shop for future ingredients/reagents/herbs and other stuff.
BUT
Gosh doesn't this just sound like an excuse to blow months & months in out-of-game action?
SO
Another idea might be that the team takes ~ 1 month to hop their way back to USA, and in that time some of us get to LEVEL UP (hint) and some of us get to invent stuff (HINT HINT!) and some of us get some of that
EXPERIENCE STUFF
(HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT!!!!!!)

Or whatever.


:D

This message was last edited by the player at 23:58, Mon 19 May 2014.

Devil Dog
 player, 109 posts
 HP25/30 PP56/78
 Combat Savant
Mon 19 May 2014
at 11:24
Re: Issue #7: Jade, Fire and Blood
DD will do as he said, guard Evelyn's door. If others offer to relieve him, he will be ok with it. The next morning he will pack for the journey back to the US.