Issue #2: Spicy Dragons.   Posted by RKO Pictures.Group: 0
General Hawthorne
 NPC, 5 posts
 US Army
 U.S.H.E.R.
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 20:34
Re: Issue
Hawthorne scowls.  He doesn't look happy.  It is fast becoming his standard expression.

"Fine, fine,"
he said at last, shaking his head.  "Go talk to the Doc.  Doc, tell Patriot what he wants to know.  He's cleared for it."

As Patriot takes Forrester aside, he pulls out a cigar.  Lighting it with a silver-plated lighter, he glanced to Archer. "Well?  Don't just stand there, you're not here for the scintillating conversation.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em."  With that, he offers the tenacious Brit a light.
RKO Pictures
 GM, 102 posts
 A World that Never Was
 Re-Imagined
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 20:45
PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Later, in San Francisco's scenic but heavily-wooded Buena Vista Park...





Having completed their individual and team investigations, the heroes gathered in this well-placed park with a view of the surrounding city.  The woods provided enough cover for them to meet clandestinely, while not being so far off the beaten path as to bear difficulty for those without high-speed transport.

(OOC: At this point, feel free to compare notes and see what you wish to do next! Once that is done I will start the next chapter/issue/thread! ;) )

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:49, Mon 03 Dec 2012.

The Patriot
 player, 90 posts
 HP 45/45 PP 92/92
 Acc: +5 Dmg: +7 HTH 1d6
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 22:49
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER


The Patriot, now back in his uniform looked at the others and started the ball rolling and was as long winded as usual "Archer and I met with General Hawthorne and Dr. Forester with the goal of inspecting the remains of Steel Freedom and questioning the good doctor on what occurred at the Fair."

"Unfortunately the first thing we learned was there is an additional prototype of the "Steel Freedom" robot, and that it has been stolen from the Livermore Lab facility. We were able to inspect the remains of Steel Freedom but because of the electrical damage caused by Shroud's brilliant maneuver we could find no signs of any tampering."


Wanting to move things along, the Patriot continued "We questioned both the General and the Doctor. They were unable to provide very much. After a little of what I think they call 'bad cop' from Archer, Dr. Forester was a bit frazzled, so I questioned him in private. When I had the a chance to question Forester more closely it became clear that he has lost about five minutes of his memory of what occurred about five minutes before the attack."


"Clearly if someone was able to wipe the man's memory they could easily manipulated his mind in some other way and easily had the opportunity to sabotage Steel Freedom and strike a blow at the USA."

"Wanting to help, Forester also provided us with a copy of the control box for the prototype.

"I am sure Agent Archer noticed some things I missed."
The Patriot asked looking at the others who were no doubt relieved he had stopped talking.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:07, Mon 03 Dec 2012.

Shroud
 player, 59 posts
 What lurks beneath
 HP: 12/14 PP: 66/ 66
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 22:55
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Shroud listens carefully to the report from The Patriot. He smiles a bit at the description of Agent Archer playing bad cop. When The Patriot stops, he speaks up.

"We have a few crumbs to add to the trail. Herr Voss appears to have fled the country already. The local goose-steppers seemed like they knew him pretty well. He kept company with some character named Count Fenris, who appears to be a big wig in the Thule Society, a group of mystics. No word on where he might be."
The Patriot
 player, 91 posts
 HP 45/45 PP 92/92
 Acc: +5 Dmg: +7 HTH 1d6
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 23:10
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Kurt nodded, impressed by what Shroud and the other had turned up"Well this Count Fenris and the Thule Society with it's occult connection certainly sound like a lead as does Herr Voss' connection to the Bund."

"Did anyone else have luck?"

Miracle
 player, 32 posts
Mon 3 Dec 2012
at 23:34
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Miracle shakes her head.  "Little of luck, but luck is a poor way to solve problems.  The man who owned our Tanaka's camera has a picture from moments before the trouble started, that showed Doctor Forester speaking with a particularly memorable blonde woman, whom nobody seems able to remember."
Evelyn Zang
 NPC, 20 posts
 Chinese firecracker
 Cosmetically aware
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 00:34
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Evelyn, or Jade as Woo has taken to calling her, spoke up.  "So Dr. Egghead lost five minutes and nobody remembers seeing a Marlena Deitrich knockout, even though there's a photo.  Voss is gone, and the Yule Society is maybe tied in with it," she recounted, mis-speaking the Thule Society's name.  "Steel Freedom got stolen.  Hey that's kinda funny in a sad way," she commented aside.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:16, Tue 04 Dec 2012.

The Patriot
 player, 92 posts
 HP 45/45 PP 92/92
 Acc: +5 Dmg: +7 HTH 1d6
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 02:16
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"Forrester had no recollection of talking to a stunning blond shortly before Freedom's rampage Dr. Forester would remember. It seems that that meeting would fit the missing 5 minutes."

"So we appear to have three leads to pursue. It could be the three are all connected or that one or two maybe a dead end. We should all have a copy of each of the photographs to start. I will see if the General can check with customs regarding Herr Voss, Count Fenris and the mystery woman. Perhaps they have a record of there coming and goings and we can figure out where we might find them or what they might be up to." The Patriot added.

"That other prototype is out there somewhere .." Kurt motioned at the city around them " .. it could strike at any moment."
Shroud
 player, 61 posts
 What lurks beneath
 HP: 12/14 PP: 66/ 66
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 02:38
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Shroud has been rolling something around in his head as the others have talked. At The Patriot's last thought, he speaks again.

"Or what if it is on its way to Germany. Herr Voss left on the Italian liner Fairsea since our little scrum with the first Steel Freedom. An ocean liner would have plenty of space to hide the missing robot. Imagine Hitler with an army of those things at his disposal."

An even darker look than usual comes over Shroud's face.

"I think we better take a closer look at that ship."

From his cloak he produces a hand-held radio, one smaller than anything the others have ever seen.

"And I have just what we need to catch that ship."

In the distance, the heroes can hear the thrumming sound of powerful airplane motors as a large, dark shape slides across the sky toward the park.


OOC:

Accio dirigible

Pyrebird
 player, 55 posts
 HP: 28/28 Power: 85/85
 Accuracy: +4 Damage: +7
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 03:37
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Knowing the group is at least reasonably concealed, he summons forth words of fire to address the others; "As Miracle said, the blonde woman definitely seems involved, possibly some type of mental powers. As for Voss, does anyone know roughly how long ago Fairsea left port?" Seeing the dark shape and taking a good look at it he looks over at Shroud when he is speaking and smiles, nodding in approval. His eyes darken briefly as he thinks for a moment then the fiery words begin again; "Recalling what had occurred with the Hindenburg and knowing what I am capable of I would like to know what is being used to provide buoyancy. Do you use hydrogen or the much safer albeit more expensive helium?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:41, Tue 04 Dec 2012.

The Bowler
 player, 31 posts
 Evil must not be spared!
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 04:33
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
The Bowler has picked up several sticks and has been breaking them to specific lengths. Setting them down in the midst of the group, he says, "You'uns is thinkin' Shroud's bullet put the robot down, and then wondering at the damage it did. I was just supposin', and thought maybe the sabotage was done before the robot's rampage."
Pointing at the sticks on the ground, The Bowler smiles, and a little stick robot rises and shakes its wooden fist at the assembled heroes. "I can't do nothin' as big as Steel Freedom, but I wouldn't want to assume there's no one that can."
Evelyn Zang
 NPC, 21 posts
 Chinese firecracker
 Cosmetically aware
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 06:33
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER


"Wow," Evelyn comments as the Zeppelin comes into view overhead at Shroud's beckoning.  She looked up, agape, but then looked back and smiled at Cleo's demonstration with wood sticks.  "So you think Voss might be in league with another bowler?" she asked, meaning telekinetic but not knowing the word.
The Bowler
 player, 32 posts
 Evil must not be spared!
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 06:43
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
The Bowler grins a little, and says, "Back home, my grandpa used to talk about how things were when he was a boy. Anything went wrong around the homestead, his pa would blame it on Confederate raiders sneakin' in at night. Everybody thought that was pretty far-fetched, sayin' some big confederate conspiracy was spookin' around his farm."
"He'd up and died before they found the cave down on the bluffs. They was some said the James's was still usin' it."
"But you're right, thinking the huns got their own bowler is a little far-fetched, almost as bad as suggestin' the Brits are fielding giants."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:59, Tue 04 Dec 2012.

The Patriot
 player, 95 posts
 HP 45/45 PP 92/92
 Acc: +5 Dmg: +7 HTH 1d6
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 06:49
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"It was not the bullet that put down Steel Freedom it was the high voltage wire which Shroud jammed into the metal menace that shorted out it system and brought stopped its robotic rampage." Kurt said.

"But those does not rule out that some super used their abilities to manipulate the clanking colossus."

Before the Patriot could finish his line of thinking he was interrupted by the arrivial of the massive airship.

"Very impressive Shroud, not very subtle but impressive." Kurt sadi with a smile.
Silver Dragon
 player, 63 posts
 HP 13/13 - PR 58/62
 Breathe. Focus. Strike!
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 08:18
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER

Silver Dragon chimes in, "I don't know anything about Count Fenris or the Yule Society, yet, but I sensed the Bund Club had been magically enhanced to both protect and disguise it."

He let the implication that the Bund Club might be a HQ of some sort hang in the air.

Then the airship floated up; "That's quite large.  Impressive."

Silver Dragon wondered what resources The Shroud had access to & how spending this money might affect their team.  "Perhaps we should discuss the source of all these funds you have access to, Shroud?"
Agent Archer
 player, 60 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 09:38
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER

This message was deleted by the player at 10:48, Tue 04 Dec 2012.

Agent Archer
 player, 61 posts
 HP:26/26 PR:83/83
 Acc:+5 Dam:+7
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 10:47
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"The Thule Society is bad news. Bad, bad news" Archer said.
Archer was not a woman easily intimidated, but as those gathered turned to face her, they might notice that her cigerette quavered in her hand a little, and she seems just a little paler than normal below these trees.

"The Crown Guard consider the Society a major threat, to the Empire and the world.
It is Hitler's secret occult society, and hidden army if sorcerers.   Through them, it is his goal to collect all the mystic power in the world for himself.  Unearth it.  Steal it. Murder for it.

And Fenris is one of their most powerful, and dispicable, agents.  Insane; driven so by immense power.  His face and hands burnt off in ... we'll call it a magical accident.  And accident that ignited unholy powers within him.

And this Voss.  As I said earlier, he is not human.  Maybe he once was, but who knows.  Now, he is more.

And this blonde.  Apparently able to manipulate minds?
If the three of them are working together ... and my gut tells me it is so ... then it will certainly take this gathering to stop them.

Perhaps our meaning was Seredipitous?!?
" she finished, blowing smoke into the air like some nicotine punctuation mark.

"I agree.  I think we need to intercept that ship as soon as humanly possible", she said, looking up towards the incoming blimp with a smirk.
The Patriot
 player, 97 posts
 HP 45/45 PP 92/92
 Acc: +5 Dmg: +7 HTH 1d6
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 11:37
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"If they are working together they will also have the other prototype of Steel Freedom for extra muscle. We do have the spare control unit for that which might be an edge if we end up battling that mechanical monster." Kurt said.

"We must consider the chance that there will be additional threats, including the possible telekinetic that the Bowler mentioned."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:39, Tue 04 Dec 2012.

Shroud
 player, 62 posts
 What lurks beneath
 HP: 14/14 PP: 66/ 66
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 12:26
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Shroud spoke something into the radio to the pilot of the airship as the others talked, and yet he appeared to listen closely.

"Helium," he said to Pyrebird's query.

"Family money. Copper mines, mostly," he said to Silver Dragon. "No one is required to come with me if you do not trust my motives. I am going after that ship."

The dirigible glides in over the park until it hovers low over the trees. The engines rotate and pivot on their struts to help stabilize the blimp in place. Two long rope ladders drop down from the gondola.

"We have parachutes and tea on board."
Agent Archer
 player, 63 posts
 HP:26/26 PR:83/83
 Acc:+5 Dam:+7
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 12:27
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"Indeed.   Our friend here mentioned that someone among our enemies might have been controlling the Steel Freedom with a Power ... the way he controls objects with his thoughts.   And summized that it might be possible of someone such as he, with greater power, might have been able to control the Freedom.

There is another option.  Indeed, controlling the mechanical monstrosity with a Power: but not telekinesis.

The Americans' 'Steel Freedom' seems to be a ...
", she hesitated.  She needed to use diplomacy here.  'Don't stay stolen' she thought to herself, "similar design to Britain's own 'Ironclad'.
The Ironclad, however, was designed to be autonomous.  Self-aware
".  She hesitated a moment, to let that sink in.
"Whereas, the American version requires a Remote Controller using the control box.

Apparently.

My hunch is this: even though the Americans have designed their 'Steal Freedom' to work remotely from a control box, it is possible that the design is still capable of self-mental operation.
And if that is the case: perhaps this blonde woman, with her ability to control 'minds' has discovered the ability to control these autonomous, self-aware robomatrons
".   Again, she paused, allowing those gathered to process and think on the theory she had presented.
Silver Dragon
 player, 66 posts
 HP 13/13 - PR 58/62
 Breathe. Focus. Strike!
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 12:42
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
OOC:  Steal Freedom?  Or Steel Freedom.  Nice slip!

Silver Dragon listened to all the discussion.

To Shroud, "I apologize if I offended you, my friend.  I have never had need for money in my life, nor have I had abundance of it -- there is an old saying about 'the ties that bind'.  I thought it would be sound to ask about the wealth you have at your fingertips."

"I wish to accompany the team, of course.  No hesitation.

You do have enough parachutes on board, just in case we are attacked via air?

And might you have Green Tea?  I would have brought some Silver Eyebrow tea from Hunan Province.  It's invigorating!"

Agent Archer
 player, 64 posts
 HP:26/26 PR:83/83
 Acc:+5 Dam:+7
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 13:38
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Archer reached out and grabbed one rope ladder.

"Let's continue this discussion upstairs, while we are on route".

And with an agility and speed belying her portly frame, she began scampering up the ladder with alacrity and ease.
Miracle
 player, 34 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 17:59
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"Indeed," Miracle agrees with Patriot's suggestion that everybody should have copies of the picture, and passes a couple out.  "Our friend Tanaka thought so as well.  I have also copies showing this Voss, and Steel Freedom itself of course.  Although zhere is only one of these," she notes, briefly showing a somewhat blurred shot of The Patriot, a spray of dust under his feet, and General Hawthorne cradled like a child in his arms.  "It was my favorite," she notes, tucking that one back into her purse.

Looking up at the dirigible, she lifts an eyebrow and glances at Shroud.  "Most interesting, these resources you have ready.  Even with money, that is a not a thing a normal person simply pulls out of their pocket."  She smiles.  "It is good to know we are not in normal company.  You have me at tea."

Unlike Archer, however, she waits until all of the males have ascended by whatever means they choose before she takes hold of a ladder to start climbing.
Jade
 NPC, 22 posts
 Evelyn Zang
 Chinese firecracker
Tue 4 Dec 2012
at 22:45
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
"There is NO WAY I am passing on an offer like this," Evelyn said with a grin.  And then the girl called Jade scrambled up the rope ladder with quick dexterity.

OOC - I will be starting the next thread tonight.  This concludes Issue 2!  Everyone is awarded 400 XP for role play. ;)
Pyrebird
 player, 58 posts
 HP: 28/28 Power: 85/85
 Accuracy: +4 Damage: +7
Wed 5 Dec 2012
at 02:12
Re: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER
Pyrebird smiles at everyone's obvious excitement around the dirigible then turns to Shroud, fiery words scrolling through the air; "I am glad to know I won't be at risk of creating another Hindenburg. I will also be able to provide some forward reconnaisance as I can fly faster than both your airship and the ocean liner when the time comes." He summons his wings of fire and does a spiral around the entire dirigible before flying inside, dismissing his wings at the last moment. When he lands he has a broad grin and his orange eyes twinkle with amusement.