Manhattan.   Posted by Shepherd.Group: 0
Battlemaster
 Player, 11 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2015
at 16:43
Re: Manhattan
There's a knock on the access hatch of the jet; outside an armored figure (fortunately not Molten Man this time) hovers patiently.  Assuming he's allowed in he'll pop his visor and address those gathered.

"Nice jet," he nods to the group, unsure as of yet who the jet actually belongs to, before regarding the airborne pachyderm, "aaaaand nice elephant too.  That's definitely something you don't see every day."

"So, I couldn't help but notice your eclectic group being broadcast on nearly every channel and given this particular building's past it seemed like a good cause to lend a hand in", he explains.

"Names Battlemaster, how can I help?"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:47, Fri 04 Sept 2015.

The Strongman
 player, 13 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2015
at 21:44
Re: Manhattan
"...talk to the blue glowing guy. I'm Milo, by the way" says, well, Milo as he offers his hand to the armoured figure. "Apparently the building got eaten by a dimensional rift? He's trying to figure out the situation so we can can go punch it."
Amazo The Magician
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 01:22
Re: Manhattan
In many cases, what is happening would be prefaced by 'some clown in an opera cape and top hat'. In this case, The Strongman recognizes Amazo the Magician from the circus as that worthy floats up to the jet.
As he approaches, Amazo shouts, "I was sent with a message, and an apple for Daisy, let me in!"
Director X
 player, 21 posts
 Head of Agency X
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 01:26
Re: Manhattan
The Director opens up for Amazo the Magician.

"...welcome, welcome, come in, sit down, the elephant is in the cargo bay over there... we're really quite numerous here, aren't we?"
Amazo The Magician
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 01:39
Re: Manhattan
Boarding the jet, he nods to Director X and says, straight-faced, "Yeah, sometimes it's almost like a circus."
He pulls an apple from his pocket, takes a step towards the cargo hold and says, "Oh, hey, Milo, be with you in a sec..."
"She's not still mad, is she? The mouse wasn't really there, you know."

Darryl Starre
 player, 53 posts
 Intrepid Reporter
 For the NY Times
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 05:01
Re: Manhattan
Darryl Starre looks at the newcomer. "Seems I need to take a look at this circus. Between Amazo and the Strongman...did you both have an encounter with anything glowing lately?"
The Strongman
 player, 14 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2015
at 12:49
Re: Manhattan
Milo grins a little wickedly at Amazo. "I'm sure she's forgotten it. You know how elephants are - famous for their terrible memories and all that. Go on."

He looks a little intrigued by Darryl's comment.

"...nothing coming to mind as out of the ordinary, no, why?"
Battlemaster
 Player, 12 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2015
at 17:58
Re: Manhattan
The Strongman:
"...talk to the blue glowing guy. I'm Milo, by the way" says, well, Milo as he offers his hand to the armoured figure. "Apparently the building got eaten by a dimensional rift? He's trying to figure out the situation so we can can go punch it."


"Milo, I'm Terry, Terry Morrow of Morrow Industries," Battlemaster shakes Strongman's hand.

"Dimensional rift?" the Terry muses, clearly calculating possibilities as he speaks "that'll be a bit harder to track than general teleportation.  A residual spectral shift in the local EM background radiation might give us an exit vector if we have the sensors delicate enough to detect it."

He shrugs to Milo as if in apology, "Focus groups felt that front-line combat armor would appeal to a larger number of law enforcement and government buyers than a more general purpose unit.  Think we'll need some extra equipment if we're going to try tracking the building directly."

"Say," Terry asks aloud as he surveys the craft the group currently occupied, "what kind of sensors and propulsion is this baby using?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 17:59, Sun 06 Sept 2015.

Vrilstar
 player, 46 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2015
at 19:23
Re: Manhattan
In reply to Director X (msg # 57):

Vrilstar looks about the interior of the Jet.. not moving far from the door though...

He looks toward the 'lab/workshop' space Director X indicated... his expression one of patience...

Then the two new ... metas{?} arrive.. and he pauses to regard them.

The Battlemaster is ...seemingly mundane, in an of himself~ perhaps with super technology at his disposal.

Vrilstar address, Terry~, "..greetings, I'm Johnathan Richardson~ though more publicly known as Vrilstar. 'Nate' will do... nice to meet you Terry/Battlemaster.", giving his real name {which is no actual secret to the public} as a sign of good faith and regarding the respect and trust offered by giving Terry's own real name; he offers his hand in a handshake.

At the approach of Amazo, the Circus magician{?}, Vrilstar notes Amazo is in flight... and regards him with his own Magesight... to determine if Amazo is an actual practitioner of High Magic - True Thaumaturgy or if he uses a lower magic Conjurer, Elementalism or Hedge Magic dabbler.

15:06, Today: Vrilstar rolled 10 (with 3 body) using 3 with the Hero (Champions) system ((3, 4, 3)).

Addressing Amazo, "And well met to you as well Amazo... it is a rare and delightful opportunity to meet a fellow practicioner of the 'art'!"

Turning back to Director X, "..I'm afraid your lab will not help me .. I need to consult my master's tomes briefly and gather the needed attuned crystals to 'enchant' them to serve our needs to triangulate the location of the 'purloined' building.  I must return to my sanctum briefly to consult 'higher' wisdom than my own, sadly.. skilled as I am.. there are techniques of my art I have not mastered~ that would take more years of training than I have been alive!  Unfortunately, time is also of the essence...", he sighs... looking in the direction of the vanished building even though he does not have any line of sight on it within the Jet.

"..I've discerned that the rift images you all saw while I was... now it seems 'foolishly' trying to determine past events and the Identity of the 'building-theif'... the dimensional weakness there is growing.. a breach is immanent!  I'm not sure if that was the purpose of the building's removal.. but the results are undeniable... soon that rift is going to tear open, and I have a sinking feeling we do not want whats there to come through.  Perhaps if we can locate the building and reverse it apportion it may help seal the tear that's been started.  Honestly.. I'm not sure... but at least finding those responsible will allow us hopefully to analyze whatever science or magic they used to take the building in the first place... perhaps THAT will give a clue how to stop the rift.  But those are all uncertainties..."

"I will be swift and return quickly...."

OOC: He has not left just yet.. so others can reply to him...

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:25, Sun 06 Sept 2015.

Darryl Starre
 player, 55 posts
 Intrepid Reporter
 For the NY Times
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 00:42
Re: Manhattan
Darryl sits himself at a computer/communications terminal. "With your permission" he says to Director X. Using his backdoor computer Link to the Police records and Hall of records, Darryl looks up the building in question, picking up details of its construction and security protocols. He contacts Captain McGarrett of UNTIL, asking to speak to their Dimensional Sciences staff. A few moments of low conversation follows. He then contacts another person with links to the criminal community, asking a few questions as well. At this point, he asks Director X if he would be so kind as to modulate the frequency of the communications link into a range too low for normal radio signals. Starre explains "If the current theory is sound, we might be able to cause a communications bridge between this universe and the building. We can then gain remote access to security cameras and any computers they have functioning, assuming they had back-up power."
Darryl also has some Arabic script on screen that he is studying.

17:32, Today: Darryl Starre rolled 12 using 3d6.  Security Systems 14-.
17:32, Today: Darryl Starre rolled 9 using 3d6.  Computer Programming 14-.
17:31, Today: Darryl Starre rolled 9 using 3d6.  Deduction 14-.
17:44, Today: Darryl Starre rolled 10 using 3d6.  Bureaucratics 14-.
17:43, Today: Darryl Starre rolled 12 using 3d6.  Persuasion 14-.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:45, Mon 07 Sept 2015.

Amazo The Magician
 NPC, 4 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 02:45
Re: Manhattan
Amazo approaches Daisy, and bows to the pachyderm. "Madam, I have brought you an apple. Madame Astra told me it was the least I could do after my deplorable conduct of Tuesday, last. In future, I shall not conjure a rodent of any sort without informing you prior to the event."
He produces the apple (from Daisy's ear, of course) and then returns to Milo. "Sometimes I wonder if Madame Astra isn't having us on with these little tasks, but everyone that has shirked these little duties has paid the price. In any case, I'm to tell you that you should bring your new friends by the circus before you head out, and to say, quote..."
Amazo sighs, and goes on in a passable imitation of an elderly woman, "Don't bother askin' the conjurer nothin' cause that's all he knows. He was goin' to pick up a new dove or two so I had him give Daisy an apple and you a message."
Coloring slightly, Amazo walks to the door and waits to be let out. With half a smile, he indicates the closed door, raises an eyebrow and says, "if you don't mind."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:25, Tue 08 Sept 2015.

Shortcut
 player, 9 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 07:19
Re: Manhattan
Continuing today's trend of people just randomly showing up, there is a weak flash of blue light as short redhead in a blue unitard and red jacket appears in the jet.  She looks around with a frown.  "Hey.  Would you believe I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque?"

She waits a few moments as she considers the company - not obviously heroic or villainous, and not immediately unfriendly.  "Sooo... Watcha doin'?"
Daisy the Elephant
 player, 2 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 22:41
Re: Manhattan
Daisy happily noms down on the apple, crunching the snack down in a single bit. She then pats Amazo on the back and looks pointedly at Milo.
Amazo The Magician
 NPC, 5 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 22:45
Re: Manhattan
As he stands at the door, Amazo is watching the assemblage and waiting for something. When the young lady appears, Amazo doesn't bat an eye, and before anyone else can speak, addresses the young lady, "The high wire tryouts aren't till four."
Then he steps out of the door and floats away.
The Strongman
 player, 16 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 22:46
Re: Manhattan
Milo nods along to Amazo's conveyed request. "Er... right, yes. We should go talk to Madame Astra. When a genuine fortune-telling witch says you need to talk to her, you need to talk to her."

Shortcut's appearance barely phases him.

"Welcome! I am Milo Miller, sometimes called the The Strongman... perhaps you've heard of me?"

OOC: He has a positive reputation

Recognition showing or not, he bulls on.

"...in any event, this is a gathering of individuals seeking to deal with a rather precarious situation. I must ask you to refrain from... doing whatever you did to suddenly appear on this jet... as Vrilstar has indicated that the dimensional fabric here is weak.

If you'd like to assist us in solving the problem at hand, that would be much appreciated."


He waves farewell to Amazo.
Director X
 player, 22 posts
 Head of Agency X
Mon 7 Sep 2015
at 22:51
Re: Manhattan
Director X nods along to Darryl's investigations. Actually, it turns out that the computer network the Jet runs on already has most of the accesses Darryl was going to personally allow bookmarked...

OOC: UNTIL, FBI, et. al:  Computer Link

"...Miller Brothers Circus. Absolutely, I don't think we had any reason to stay here, and I do love a good circus.

Unless Vrilstar would like us to make a stop elsewhere?"



Barring other requests, the windows darken (blocking external views) and suddenly (almost instantly), the Jet is making a landing by the circus.
Darryl Starre
 player, 56 posts
 Intrepid Reporter
 For the NY Times
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 04:32
Re: Manhattan
Shortcut:
Continuing today's trend of people just randomly showing up, there is a weak flash of blue light as short redhead in a blue unitard and red jacket appears in the jet.  She looks around with a frown.  "Hey.  Would you believe I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque?"

She waits a few moments as she considers the company - not obviously heroic or villainous, and not immediately unfriendly.  "Sooo... Watcha doin'?"

Darryl Starre, reporter for the Starre report, and known world-wide as the HERO scene reporter, looks up at the newcomer. "You got a name, kid?" he asks.
Vrilstar
 player, 49 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 08:00
Re: Manhattan
In reply to Director X (msg # 73):

Vrilstar smiles slightly at Amazo... noting his "magic" is more stage trickery than any arcane knowledge... but .. he could also sense a small 'wild talent'... that if nurtured properly could lead to greater powers unlocked.

He makes no spoken comment or criticism, but stretching forth his will gesturing briefly to focus his power... Vrilstar lightly touched Amazo's mind with his mind reading-telepathy...

Use MP - 'Mind Reading', simple communication surface thoughts-only

{"Be not alarmed Amazo.. I'm just letting you know.. you may not realize it but you DO have real magical talent that with proper formal training.. you might unlock powers you have only dreamed of!  If you're interested... perhaps together, at some more convenient time, I might be able assist you with the mystical lore I have inherited from my master to help you grow your 'wild talent' into something... truly remarkable!"}

Vrilstar pauses a moment at the door, cocking his head curiously at the ...young woman suddenly appearing inside the plane.. almost in his face...

Thinking, {Did she just appear here? Or was she on the plane all along...? How did I not see her?}

His eyes go wide slightly at how close she is.. he can feel the warmth of her closeness... and is clearly flustered somewhat at his gentleman's streak of chivalry at the impropriety of such closeness to a young woman he does not know...

"Ahem... uhm... sorry miss...!"

Turning to reply to Director X... just to change the subject {ANND... to stop staring into those pretty eyes, smelling that fragrant red hair or ogling her very lovely figure} as his cheeks colored slightly, "...n-no need Director X... I'll make my own way to my Sanctum and join you.. er at the Miller Brothers Circus!"

With that he steps out of the plane.. hovering in midair briefly as Icon, his ever close Vril Crystal floats after him resuming its orbit ...but speeding up ... as the crystal glows a bright blue leaving traceries in the air before the blue light suffuses Vrilstar's entire form and he vanishes in a flash of released energies...

--> Exit: Teleport to Sanctum-Waylan Mansion

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Tue 08 Sept 2015.

Battlemaster
 Player, 14 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2015
at 18:40
Re: Manhattan
Battlemaster watches over the newsman's shoulder admiring his work when blue spandex appears among  the group.  A quick survey confirms that everyone takes these occurrences in stride so he tries to do the same.

Aloud he simply comments, "A teleporter?  That may come in handy..."

Otherwise he will offer suggestions to Darryl and Director X to aid in the search for the missing building.

Skills to hopefully help Darryl contact the building:
13:37, Today: Battlemaster rolled 12 Physics 15- (w/ 2 skill levels applied)
13:38, Today: Battlemaster rolled 9  Inventor 13- (could we boost the signal?).
13:39, Today: Battlemaster rolled 9   Electronics 13-.

Shortcut
 player, 12 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 00:53
Re: Manhattan
The Strongman:
"Welcome! I am Milo Miller, sometimes called the The Strongman... perhaps you've heard of me?"

OOC: He has a positive reputation

OOC: Eh, she doesn't quite fall into the automatically knowing crowd, I think, so you'd have to hit me with a roll.

Speaking of being known, I suffer from a Public Identity.  Not famous per say, but I am in the first five Google results.  In addition to being a courier and having pictures from pretty much everywhere famous, there are pictures and videos showing her to be a pretty decent and acrobatic martial artist.


She answers the questions in no particular order.  "The name's Kayla, though I also go by Shortcut.  You teleport around, everyone expects you to be a superhero or somethin'," she says with a small shrug.  "But I've got some time.  What's the problem today?

"Oh,"
and she changes the subject, with a thumb pointed out towards the departed Vrilstar.  "What's with him?  Is he always like that?"
The Strongman
 player, 18 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 01:38
Re: Manhattan
Milo grins.

"No idea, I just met him myself.

As far as I understand it - and you might need to grab Vrilstar for details, because this is just what it sounded like he said - someone vanished the building into another dimension, and now something else might come through because there's a hole in the... uh... walls between worlds?

I'm hoping either Vrilstar can magic up a solution or someone else can tech up a solution because about all I can do is punch anything coming through until it says 'Uncle'.

Any ideas?"

Shepherd
 GM, 164 posts
 Don't worry, be generic
 I know I will
Wed 9 Sep 2015
at 04:31
Re: Manhattan
Among the other data flowing into Director X's facilities are consistent indications that unknown energies appear to be mingled with those measured. There have also been a dozen or so emails that popped up on the servers monitoring dead mail locations that indicating a psychic of one form or another foresees disaster if this site is disturbed.

OOC: GM suggests you head to the circus
nothing to see here
move along, move along


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
GM is not very good with subtle


Vrilstar
 player, 50 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2015
at 14:05
Re: Manhattan
-- > From: Displaced Building Ruins

Vrilstar arrived via teleport high over Manhattan Isle, unsure how unstable the dimensional barriers were he felt its best to do as few such journey's as possible until the full damage could be determined.  But from this height he was able to spreed his Vril Wings and glide...arguable a faster mode of travel than his short teleporting hopps~ at least at this point that prudence deemed the wiser course.  Gliding would actually also save energy he would need for the uncertain futre of the day's needs...

Rapidly he flew over the city toward Greenwich Village, the west side of Lower Manhattan, New York City; the location of Master Wayland's townhouse and has since served as Johnathan Richardson's personal residence as Vrilstar - occult investigator and oft times superhero.

Vrilstar approached the 'Village', as the local residents often called the neighborhood, and when he came within line of sight of the Townhouse... he teleported the final distance to arrive through its many defenses to the sanctum of the Master Wayland.  Again Johnathan marveled at the many layered and subtle dimensional barriers and Vril Wards woven into the structure of the abode... poignant reminders of his now deceased master ... that drove home the point to him he still had a lot to learn before he would EVER be the Vril-Ya.. his master was!  Many of the townhouse's secrets he was still discovering!

But his needs now were simple... his flight back to the sanctum he'd plotted from what he did know..of the mansion's resources and he knew at least this time what he needed and what tomes he must consult to verify his postulation.

The Mansion itself from all outward appearances was nothing out of the ordinary... seeming to be nothing more than a three-story Victorian-style brownstone townhouse built in the French Baroque architecture design with a Mansard roof.

He entered the repository of the Vril science lab...which looked more like a large library with a odd part mathematical and part arcane emblem thaumaturgical circle etched into the floor at the room's center with various tabled and cabinets holding what appeared to be crystals of all varying shapes sizes along with of all things small pieces of what might be electronic components.

Vrilstar passes through the cabinets find one in particular to retrieve three 20cm long greenish crystals... before levitating up to one of the many book shelves to peruse some selected tomes.  He walks from the lab with the crystal and tomes floating nearby~ reading one  tome intently, down toward the kitchen for a cup of coffee... while Icon~ his faithful Vril Crystal orbits him feeding him updates on the mansion's status...

Icon informs him again that another request from Queen Charsadda of Olm in the Dimensional realm of Loezen requesting magical tutoring by Master Wayland for her rebellious 'tom-boy' daughter arrived {clearly her highness had no idea Master Wayland had been dead for some two years now}, there was a news reports of something..vaguely resembling what Vrilstar would recognize as one of Skarn, the Shaper's~ {a extra-dimensional conqueror, absolute ruler of the Congeries} Myrmidons, a servitor-race humanoid ants, only with beetle-like wing cases hanging from their shoulders that cover their non-functional wings... that the dimensional conqueror uses for cannon fodder in his armies; was hit on the highway by a motorist in Jersey... and a score of several other 'odd' happenings that the Sanctum's wards and detection arrays picked up in news nets and alarms set by Master Wayland.  All evidence, as far as Johnathen was concerned, that the issue of the weakening dimensional barriers was of primary importance...!

Vrilstar had little time to worry over them... with his immediate task at hand.  Entering the kitchen he found a note left on the table by Elaine... apparently when she left.  He had no time right now.. but made a note to Icon to remind him to read it once he returned...

Perusing the tomes and adjusting the Crystal's attunement was not a difficult task.. but a tedious one, he was unfamiliar with.  He poured over the tomes for about half an hour to find the right Vril Energy-Matrix, EM pattern and frequency he would need to search for the Vril Sensor he had warded the vanished building with to utilize the sensor ward as a tracer instead.

Taking a deep breath he laid the Vril Matrix needed into the crystal set the EM pattern and frequency...testing the crystal's attunement... and to his satisfaction they worked.  Now for the task of triagulating the stolen building.

Focusing his thoughts on Icon.. he had his Vril Crystal record and commit this bit of useful science to his long-term data storage.. so he would not have to do this sort of research again.. should the need arise again in the future!

Vrilstar looked at the letter left on the table by Elaine... he really wanted to read it now.. but he did not need the emotional distraction right now, {"Duty is heavier than Desire..."}

"..now off to the Miller Brothers Circus... and hope this is not a waste of time!"

-- > Exit: Miller's Circus

This message was last edited by the player at 14:06, Fri 11 Sept 2015.

Vrilstar_
 player, 2 posts
 Adept Sorcerer~ Still...
 clueless about girls
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 14:49
Re: Manhattan
Vrilstar had been meditating in the study... when his Astral Form was snapped back to his body in a stunningly sudden reaction to the shift he "felt".  He opened his eyes sitting int he lotus position on the floor of the meditation circle... perplexed with what he had felt.  The space/time continuum had... 'blinked'... "shuttered" for a moment...

{What was that?  A dimensional shift or a rift being opened and slammed shut?}

He looked around the arcane study... noting no obvious differences... but he was certain the disturbance was rippling through time and the countless coterminous dimensions of the Cosmic All.

He stood and expanded his mage sight... indeed something had happened... but without being at the epicenter.. he had little change of figuring out what is was.

Had he not been Astrally traversing the higher planes of the Brialic Dimensions he might have gotten a glimpse of what had happened.  Stretching out his mind... he felt no immediate danger.  Scanning the minds in the Sanctum... he noted his father Master Waylan deep in meditative introspection in his meditation chamber and the calm patient thoughts of Solitaire - Elaine Bradford, somewhat surprised to find her still at the Sanctum Mansion this late and not already left to return to the CHAMPIONS Homestead.  But nothing out of the ordinary...

He should return to his meditations to complete his next two hours of study... but curiosity was eating at him.. something profound had changed... and he was curious to find out what!

Leaving the study he went to upstairs to the actual magical research lab... the great seal window in the loft of the Mansion Sanctum with its arcane runic emblem provided a spectacular view over the skyline of Manhattan... which of course was just an illusion; the 'window' actually being a scrying Vril matrix... the actually physical window only looked out over a relatively banal brick and mortar neighborhood on the mid-south end of Manhatten Isle almost directly south of the Central Park... but at least 10 blocks distant.  Not much to see, but a perfect humble hiding place for the worlds 'acclaimed' if not personally embraced, Sorcerer Supreme, Master Waylan.

Vrilstar wanted to be quick so he could get back to his late evening studies and with a gesture... his Flying Vril Sled lowered from it's place at the center of the chambers roof.  He climbed aboard and its delicate Vril lightvane sails spread like leaves of a fern plant as it made ready to switch to flight mode.  Icon his multifaceted white vril crystal floated in its usual silence at his shoulder as he took his seat on the vril-powered vehicle.  Taking hold of the control bars he rotated them to high speed mode and the craft began to keen its light hum as the lightvanes activated and the Flying sled spun to to face the the Great Seal Window... with but a gesture from Vrilstar the widow became translucent and pulling on the control bars he tore out into the night through the out of phase window.

The natural obfuscation wards on the Mansion Sanctum keep anyone int he surrounding neighborhood from seeing the Vril sled with its glowing lightvane sails leave the mansion as Vrilstar angled the sled on a wide arc, to throw off any who periodically monitored the activities of the superpowered community of New York to try to track down where they come from and operate~ just to be cautious; heading north toward the epicenter of what he'd felt in meditation...

{To investigate the unknown.. is its own reward...} he pondered with a smile.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:05, Sun 20 Nov 2016.

Vrilstar
 player, 131 posts
 Handsome, heroic, brainy
 ...clueless about girls
Sun 20 Nov 2016
at 17:27
Re: Manhattan
-- > From: Zerstoiten Harmonics Building

Vrilstar let his vril wings fly him home the the Mansion Sanctum... he was weary, the Magical powers and World Wide-Cataclysm he had helped Stop was finally taking its toll on his body and nerves.. the adrenaline high leading to the drained low he was feeling now.  He was glad they'd mostly all come through it alive.. but pondered worriedly..what about the others who had not 'made it', what about the next time such a similar thing occurs?  Was he up to the task of trying to fill the Sorcerer Supreme's shoes, would he ever be?!?

The cloak took him directly to the sanctum and shortly Johnathen arrived at the mansion, on its mundane street block.  He then noticed... all the Mansions defensive Wards were turned off?!?  Yes the usual obfuscation ward and security ward was in operation.. to make the mansion appear to be nothing more than a tattoo parlor... and stopped any mundane entry but its magical Vril powered shields and masking defenses that stopped magical attack, intrusion or detection were not active!  He never left the mansion so undefended.. something was wrong...

Then he pondered if there had been any danger Icon would have detected it and warned him... he addressed his floating azure-colored multifaceted companion.

"Icon, did I leave the Mansion's Defensive ward down when I left the mansion earlier today?"

["Negative Master. Perhaps the dimensional shift you experienced cause a 'reset' of the day's events... which might account for the temporal energies fading in the environs?"]

Vrilstar was not entirely convinced but replied, "...perhaps.  Inform me immediately of ANY danger or oddity you may observe with your senses."

The blue-faceted Crystal replied simply, ["Acknowledged, Master"]

Johnathen entered the mansion through the Great Seal Window, landing in the magical research lab.  He looked around saw nothing was out of place... but turning to the stand with the Vril Central control crystal for the Sanctum he opened the metal covering hood on the pedestal and touching the glowing white crystal willed the mansion's full defenses on... warding the sanctum form magical attack, intrusion and detection.

Addressing his companion Vril AI again, "Icon can you detect any intruders in the mansion accessing the defense grid?"

A quick reply came back, ["No Master, there are no intruders within the mansion."]

Johanthen breathed a sigh of relief he did not know he had been holding, he touched the clasp as his neck and his Vril Wings animated as he removed the cloak, wrist claps unbinding and left it floating in the research lab waiting patiently as if worn by some invisible manikin. He pondered leaving his Vril Control Rod on the defense crystal pedestal like he usually did.. but paranoia still nibbled at the edge of his mind and he kept it with him as he made his way from the Research Lab to his room.

His room was dimly lit by the singular central ceiling vril crystal, most of the room shrouded in shadows.. as he rarely spend much time here... and so no need for more intense lighting.  He set the Vril Rod near the nightstand next to the large four-posted bed and Icon took up hovering near the door awning inside the room and shut the door.

Johnathen yawned, and stretched ready for some real sleep.. and a lack of consciousness and worry that came with it.  Undressing from his mystic robes he sat on the bed's edge in his boxers making a mental note of the tasks he have to get to on the next day...

When his mundane senses detected first the smell in the air... perfume, that just caught his attention when an obvious source became apparent with the touch of a soft delicate feminine hand on his shoulder and a shifting of weight on the bed as an equally soft arm embraced him around the waist and a light kiss was placed on the back of his neck...!

A familiar voice asked, "..I thought you were going to spend all night in meditation and study... like usual.. yet you come to be with me John? Is everything ok?"

Johnathan was stunned into speechlessness... he could feel the press of the beautiful young woman~ the woman he loved, at his back and knew for certain she was naked under the thin sheets.  Elaine had NEVER been so forward and had NEVER been in his bedroom... let alone naked in his presence!  Not that he objected.. he'd just never had the courage to ask or push for such a closeness.

Mouth dry he finally got out, "...e-Elaine? What are ...y-you doing here? Uhm.. are you ok yourself?"

He turned to see her smiling at him, her long auburn hair spilling to her bare shoulders and pretty green eyes that always hypnotized and swallowed him so completely...

"Of course, Now that YOU or with me John...", she slipped her hand around behind his neck pulling him gently into her kiss...

At first his stunned reaction left him in a stupor... but the touch of his beloved's lips filled him with desire.

Elaine pulled him into her embrace fully onto the bed~ her intent clear as she wrapped her legs around him... even as their lips parted... propriety inspired Johnathan to gasp out, "A-are you sure.. you Want THIS... Elaine? I've.. not been with you like.. this~"

"... for sometime... its ok.. I know your heart belongs to me, even though you.. get sometimes possessed with your obsessive studies..."

Elaine's words confused him, THEY had never been.. 'intimate' before~ and for Johnathan... NEVER with ANYONE, but her embrace and the press of her soft bare flesh were nothing short of heavenly and banished all confusion from his mind! Words were no longer necessary... before their love-making exhausted him... when satisfied sleep took him down into darkness...

This message was last edited by the player at 17:48, Sun 20 Nov 2016.