And so Battle is Joined...   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 423 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 03:45
And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (3; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
Tumas
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel


Those of Heinricus's group don't have to go far before they hear the sound of combat and see three terriers running past them as fast as their legs can carry them. Coming across a turn you see that there's a large group of Skaven Slaves rising from the blood soaked ground. Two Dwarfs in Chaimail have fallen, though not easily if the truly spectacular number of stab wounds present on their bodies is anything to go by. There are two badly hurt and one unscathed, black clad Skaven warriors trapped between the a group of Sewer Jacks consisting of three Halflings and a badly bleeding human. Behind them are five Nightrunners.

"Just what in the hell..." begins someone

"Quickly now! Attack!" cries Tumas.

"Humans? What are they doing here?" asks a scholarly looking Dwarf named Ulgi.

"The same thing that they always do. Wait until the last moment, after we Dwarfs have done all the hard work, and then show up to claim victory" laughs a menacing looking dwarf named Gutrik.

"Heinricus-Foe!" cries a high pitched voice that seems to echo from everywhere, "I knew you would be being tricky-sneak! Foolish man-things! You cannot out think Snikkit Blackblade!" continues on the voice. From a side tunnel another six Nightrunners rush out to attack your group.

***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (3; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
Tumas
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


"If you're so smart, why did you just give away your ambush?" laughs Tumas. His only reply is two throwing daggers striking out from the ceiling and smacking into his body.

"And now I know you're on the ceiling" shouts up Tumas, earning a series of what you can only assume are curses, before the man's knees weaken and he falls to the floor. He lifts his head.

"And now my allies know... you... use... poison" he moans, before passing out to chittering laughter.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
->Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (3; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Three of the Skaven attack a Shieldbearer and miss horribly. The other four divided up two-by-two to attack a Sewer Jack each. One misses, while another manages to lop off a halfling's head, sending it spiraling back into the Skaven Slave corpses. The badly wounded man manages to fend off the other Skaven attacking him, barely bringing his buckler up in time to send the sword flying away.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
->Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


"Fight your way to the dwarfs and turn!" cries Glindly, "Charge!" he cries, leading the remaining halfling and man a part of his group forwards.

Glindly uses his body as a battering ram, smashing into the groin of a Skaven. It curls up and he reaches the safety of the dwarf lines, turning around to strike but being unable to find an opening. The halfling with him, Smiling Uli, manages to break through and has much more success at killing his Nightrunner. His short sword stabs upwards, piercing the Skaven's groin. With a squeak it falls to the ground, dying. The man is unable to push his way through, not even whilst using his sword.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
->Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


The Skaven Slaves, all rising to the ground, jump atop the Shieldbreakers attempting to grapple them. Amazingly, one is able to find purchase and pin a Shieldbreaker in the front line to the ground. The other ten do nothing more than annoy the Shieldbreakers who shout abuses in Khazlaid.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
->Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
Tumas
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Ulgi and his two unburdened Shieldbreakers are unable to land a solid blow on the Nightrunners, shielding the Sewer Jacks with their bodies. The Shieldbreaker pinned by the Skaven Slave is unable to shake himself loose.

The five Shieldbearers and Gutrik all miss the Skaven Slaves entirely, somehow. The cursing in Khazlaid increases.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 99 posts
 Human Noble
 10/10
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 06:55
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Skaven Slaves! We can free you, return you with us to the surface, just assist us in killing off the former ratmen who have wronged you!" Heinricus said, drawing his rapier and Main-Gauche and charging with Glindy to strike at the nearest of the skaven.




11:23, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 5 using 1d10+2. Rapier damage.
11:22, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 9 using 1d100. Charge 53.
11:15, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 67 using 1d100. Command 22.
11:15, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 18 using 1d100. Charm 45.

Game Master
 GM, 426 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 00:46
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Henry's words do not sway the Skaven slaves who continue on.

"Slave-slaves do not speak-talk human-tongue, stupid man-idiot!" laughs Snikkit

"A good thing too, manling, or we'd have to kill you for consorting with Skaven" cries Ulgi, before saying something in Khazalid.

Henry's attack, meanwhile, is more successful and he manages to draw blood from one of the oncoming Nightrunners.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 189 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 03:47
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 55 using 1d100. BS (49).
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 83 using 1d100. Per test (56).


Arianrhod looks for the Assassin but can't seem to find it and when she looses an arrow it misses slightly.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 218 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 16/16
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 22:23
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar swings and misses again (this is getting ridiculous).
Camella Catkins
 player, 135 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 21:26
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
With the first of their mercenaries injured, Camella set to work doing all she could for the brave Halfling, silently cursing herself for not having an antitoxin kit on hand as she removed the poisoned knives and set about bandaging his wounds. "Now is definitely not the time to be passing out Tumas, I can treat your wounds, but you'll have to fight the poison as best you can if you want the rest of your payment tonight." Camella tactfully reminds Tumas of what awaits him tonight, hopefully lighting a fire in him to survive the foul Skaven toxin running through his veins.

OOC: 15:13, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 31 using 1d100. Heal 65.
15:14, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 6 using 1d10. Wounds recovered.

Game Master
 GM, 429 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 23:48
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Camella examines Tumas and does what she can.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
->The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


"In the name of Sigmar! Charge!" cries Johann, the three Black Blood Brothers running forth. Their axes are incredibly unwieldy and only a single blade manages to strike its target, injuring the Nightrunner.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
->Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 injured)


"In the Name of Sigmar! Strike!" cries Sigsmund of the Ostlanders. All three, despite exposing themselves to counter attacks in their haste to murder the abomination, are unable to harm a single Skaven.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
->Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly injured)


Kristoff does not give a single cry. He simply rushes towards the Nightrunners and stabs into the leg of the injured Nightrunner. It lets forth a cry of pain, obviously badly wounded, and begins to try and crawl away. Kristoff meanwhile gets himself into a defensive position.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
->Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly injured)


Pavel attacks the Nightrunner that Henry had charged, managing to smack it in the chest. The Skaven in unharmed, merely grunting. It is at this point that


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
->Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly injured)


The badly injured Nightrunner runs off, trailing blood behind it. The other five begins attacking with a high-pitched squee of terror.

The three Skaven ignore the boisterous Black Blood Brothers, uncaring of their axes which they can barely bring to bear on their opponents. They instead attack the overextended Ostlanders. Two of them manages to land attacks on each of the Black Blood Brothers. The one remains unharmed, chanting a hymn to Sigmar, while the other is cut slightly on the left shoulder, but otherwise shows no sign of injury.

***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


The Skaven Assassin says something in its debased language that you cannot understand. Something seems to change among the Skaven.

It is at this point that two further throwing daggers go flying out at Henry. One misses him and the other is unable to draw blood.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
->Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


Three of the Skaven fall upon the badly wounded Sewer Jack. The first two miss, the Sewer Jack able to keep them at bay. The third, however, is able to get a hold of the man's hair and slit his throat. He dies, gurgling and writhing around on the ground. They then make a run for it, starting to flee from the Shieldbreakers. The other four cease to assault the Shieldbreakers all together, instead charging the Ostlanders. One of them falls, unable to keep defending himself against the masses of Skaven. He dies with a prayer to Sigmar on his lips.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
->Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


Glindly and his last surviving Halfling both turn and attack the Skaven Slaves. They both miss, shouting out a variety of colorful profanities.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
->Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


The Slaves all turn on one and attack the Shieldbreaker who is being held. The Shieldbreaker dies under a barrage of fists, claws, and bites. The slaves then surge forth to continue to attack the Shieldbreakers.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (11)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


"Damnation! After them, Dwarfs!" cries Ulgi, motioning for his two Shieldbreakers to follow him.

"Damn it, Ulgi! We do not have the time for this!" cries Gutrik, "The slaves will overwhelm us. The manlings can stand on their own" he adds.

"Aye" sighs Ulgi, launching himself again the Skaven Slaves.

Ulgi misses, while Gutrik brutally slashes one of the Skaven across the stomach before almost wrenching its arm off. The Shieldbreakers have less success, only managing to wound three of the Skaven Slaves.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:13, Thu 02 Jan 2014.

Camella Catkins
 player, 136 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 00:51
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
With Tumas unconscious but alive and his wounds bandaged, Camella readied her sling as she began to look along the ceiling for the Skaven Assassin that Tumas had so bravely exposed.

OOC: 18:46, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 77 using 1d100. Perception 55+20=75.
Game Master
 GM, 430 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 01:11
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Camella looks around.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 102 posts
 Human Noble
 10/10
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 17:28
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinricus did his best to disengage from the skaven he fought, prepared to skew the rat that kept throwing things at him, worried he'd catch a poisoned knife to the back. Once disengaged, he looked around for that skaven.





Full action: Disengage
FP half action: Attack
Ok, my WS is 43 so I'm off by 15... so unless I get some modifier, like that little shit not being able to move for being stuck on the ceiling... or someone else attacks, I miss.

12:26, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 10 using 1d10+2. Damage? .

12:25, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 58 using 1d100. Attack .

12:25, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 20 using 1d100. Perception.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 219 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 16/16
Mon 6 Jan 2014
at 12:18
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar continues to flail uselessly but with great panache.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 192 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Sat 18 Jan 2014
at 03:08
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria still can't find the assassin or hit a targer.

21:07, Today: Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 94 using 1d100. BS (49).
21:07, Today: Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 85 using 1d100. Per test (56).

Game Master
 GM, 434 posts
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 03:07
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinricus manages to find Snikkit Blackblade and attempts to stab the Skaven who hangs on the ceiling above him. Snikkit deftly dodges, his claws seeming to be able to find purchase as easily on the ceiling as the ground.

"Foolish Heinricus-enemy! You cannot defeat-slay Snikkit Blackblade! I am smarter-cleverer than you, man-thing!" laughs the Skaven above you.

Gunnar and Aria both miss their targets entirely.

OOC: All you, Camella! Also, the assassin is now clearly visible
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 194 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 04:23
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 96 using 1d100. BS (49). seriously WHAT THE FUCK!

She notchs another arrow that careens off of rocks harmlessly.
Camella Catkins
 player, 137 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Mon 20 Jan 2014
at 10:21
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Loading a stone into her sling, Camella then sends it hurling through the air, only for it to smash into the ceiling far from her target, the Skaven assassin.

04:15, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 97 using 1d100. BS 50. Cursed elf must have thrown off my aim lol.
Game Master
 GM, 435 posts
Fri 31 Jan 2014
at 20:31
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
->The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


After Aria and Camella miss their targets, the Black Blood brothers continue to launch their assault upon the Skaven. Two miss, their axes too large for this kind of tunnel fighting, but the other manages to land a solid hit upon a Skaven Nighrunner, raking a deep gash across its midsection.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
->Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 badly wounded)


The Ostlanders continue to pray to Sigmar loudly, ignoring any hope of their own defense in favor of attacking the enemy. One of the remaining two manages to prick the badly wounded Skaven, but cannot finish him off. That job is left to his fellow who manages to penetrate the Skaven's defense and stab it through the eye, sending the rat falling to the ground in a bleeding heap.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
->Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (4)


Kristoff sneaks towards one of the Nightrunners and stabs at it, his swipe only grazing the rat's leg, injuring it.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
->Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 injured)


Pavel, seeing Kristoff attack one of the rats, joins in and lets out a fearsome Kislevite Warcry of <blue>"FOR MOTHER KISLEV!"</green> before sending the Skaven's head flying across the room to bounce off of a wall before lying flat. The Skaven's body tumbles straight to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
->Skaven Nightrunners (3)


The Skaven responds with equal ferocity, all three targeting the same Ostlander. Only one dagger is able to penetrate the Ostlander's defenses and it sinks deeply into his arm. The prayer to Sigmar does not cease, despite the crimson tide flowing from his arm.


***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


<grey>"Your meat-slaves die, Heinricus-enemy! None can stand before Snikkit Blackblade, man-thing!"</grey> cries the Skaven, launching two daggers from the ceiling at the man.

OOC:
14:40, Today: Game Master, for the NPC Skaven Assassin, rolled 8 using 1d10+3.
14:40, Today: Game Master, for the NPC Skaven Assassin, rolled 13 using 1d10+3.

That's the damage dealt to you, Heinricus. You also must pass a Difficult (-10) Toughness test or be rendered unconscious should you survive the attack.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
->Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


Snikkit Blackblade spouts out something in his debased language and all of the Nightrunners immediately pile into the Black Blood Brothers, targeting one after another. The first one that they encounter dies under a hacking mess of daggers, while the next one now sports a massive red streak across his face. He howls in rage, both at his sworn brother dying and the opening in his jaw that now allows you to see his teeth.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
->Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


"They're being killed! We have to help them! Forwards!" cries Glindly, urging his remaining halfling ally forwards. They both make a mad dash towards the Nightrunners, taking advantage of their swiftness. Both miss entirely and find themselves exposed for the inevitable counter-thrust of their enemy. Glindly in particular finds himself with his guard relaxed.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
->Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


The Skaven Slaves all gather upon a single Shieldbreaker after another hiss of something vaguely resembling language from Snikkit. The Shieldbreaker is hurt as poking, serrated fingers managing to find their way through armor and pierce leathery skin. None the less he stands resolute, defiantly letting forth a stream of Khazalid.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


Ulgi lets forth a shout of rage and swings his hammer, missing a Skaven Slave all together. Despite his best attempts, Gutrik is unable to hit one of the Skaven, both his blows sailing overhead. The Shieldbreakers follow both of their leads, three aiming blows at Ulgi's target and three aiming blows at Gutrik's target. Blinded by rage at the insult of losing a few of their numbers, some of the Shieldbreakers are unable to hit. One manages to crush a slave's skull, while the other brings his axe up from the ground, neutering one of the slaves. It falls to the ground, clutching at itself and dying.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 1 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)

OOC: Your turn, guys!

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 195 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Fri 31 Jan 2014
at 21:32
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 54 using 1d100. Archery.
Arianrhod fires and misses again.
Camella Catkins
 player, 138 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Sat 1 Feb 2014
at 03:51
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"This is getting ridiculous." Camella grumbles to herself as her sling whiffs yet a get, sending a stone into the ceiling a few feet away, not yet noticing Henry's fate.

OOC:
21:47, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 66 using 1d100. Sling. Miss. This is getting ridiculous.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 103 posts
 Human Noble
 10/10
Sun 2 Feb 2014
at 06:28
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
As the pair of daggers sink into the young noble, a bloody gurgle escapes his lips, as he sinks to his knees, and finally, to the floor. With his last bit of strength, he propped his head against a piece of debris before passing out.




OOC: Damn it... so close. Would have made it without the -10. Burning a Fortune point to you know... not die.
10:57, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 27 using 1d100. Toughness 22 FP.
10:55, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 37 using 1d100. Toughness.... 22.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 220 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 16/16
Sun 2 Feb 2014
at 15:54
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Sickened by the way the battle seems to be tunring against them Gunnar roars "For Middenheim!" and slashes into the arm of the nearest Skaven.



10:52, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 33 using 1d100. Attack with Sword- WS+10(65).
10:52, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 12 using 1d10+4. Damage.

Game Master
 GM, 437 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 03:59
Re: And so Battle is Joined...

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
->The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


<grey>"You are mine, Heinricus-foe!"</grey> cries Snikkit Blackblade, saying something in his debased Skaven language. Instantly, every single one of the black clad Skaven begin to run towards Heinricus's limp form. Meanwhile, Gunnar tears apart a Skaven slave sending its arm flying away.

"Taal's Teeth!" exclaims one of the Black Blood brothers, turning to attack the Skaven. Their unwieldy axes are unable to do much of anything.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
->Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


"SIGMAR!" cries the Ostlanders in unison, chopping into the three Skaven before them with total disregard for themselves. Neither manage to hit anything.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
->Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


"Protect the boss!" cries Kristoff, swiping at one of the remaining Skaven. He misses as well, cursing.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
->Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (3)


"Ridiculous this is" mutters Pavel, managing to finally hit one of the Black Clad Skaven, making it whimper in pain.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 injured)
Kristoff
Pavel
->Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


The three Skaven, unable to get to Heinricus with the mass of bodies before them, immediately launch themselves upon the injured Ostlander. One of them manages to hit and leaves a deep bleeding gash across the Ostlander's chest that will most likely prove fatal.



***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


<grey>"Snikkit Blackblade is the greatest! Bow before me!"</grey> cries Snikkit, throwing daggers at the injured Black Blood Brother. Not a single dagger can pierce the man's leather armor, causing Snikkit to curse something fierce in his own language.

"Is greatest like mother's donkey greatest ass in Kislev" comments Pavel dryly, earning a stream of incoherent shrieks from the assassin on the ceiling.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
->Skaven Nightrunners (6)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


One of the Nightrunner grabs Heinricus and hoists him up. Meanwhile, the other five begin to launch themselves at the Black Blood Brothers, ignoring Aria and Camella entirely.

The uninjured Black Blood Brother is killed almost immediately. The first dagger enters his mouth, while the next pierces his arm like a pin against a butterfly's wing. The last one rips open his stomach, sending intestines trailing to the floor.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6)
->Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


"Lord Heinricus! We will save you!" cries Glindly, making towards the Skaven holding him. Glindly misses, however his companion is at least able to injure the Skaven.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 with a paper cut)
Sewer Jacks (2)
->Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


The Skaven Slaves are only able to further injure the Shieldbreaker they have been attacking.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 with a paper cut)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


Gutrik and Ulgi combine their efforts and hack down a single Skaven Slave. The Shieldbreakers are entirely unable to hit anything, their blows missing. Surely the ancestor gods are shaking their heads.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 with a paper cut holding Heinricus)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 197 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 06:11
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 8 using 1d100. Archery. Holy Hell I managed to hit something!
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 6 using 1d10. damage.

Arianrhod Notches an arrow and finally adjusts for the underground position and fires at the rat assassin lord
Camella Catkins
 player, 140 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 06:41
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
OOC: Assuming Gunnar can get the rat to drop Henry, then Camella will set to work healing him.

00:29, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 54 using 1d100. Heal. Success. Henry recovers 2 wounds.

If not, then Camella will use her sling against the rat carrying Henry away.

22:29, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 89 using 1d100. BS. Fail.

Seriously there's something up with this dice roller, I have a 50% chance of hitting, and this POS just keeps giving me the shaft during this scene.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:33, Tue 04 Feb 2014.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 223 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 16/16
Mon 3 Feb 2014
at 19:53
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Ye cannae take the manling without dealin' with me!" Gunnar shouts as he charges the Skaven carrying Henry and slashes brutally at it's head.

(or one of the ones blocking his path if he can't get to Henry)


14:49, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 20 using 1d100. Attack with Sword- WS+10(65).

14:49, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 12 using 1d10+4. Damage.

12 damage to the head.
 

Game Master
 GM, 440 posts
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 04:01
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 with a paper cut holding Heinricus)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


Gunnar's attack injuries the Skaven holding Henry, forcing it to drop him. Camella quickly rushes over and begins to patch up her companion, stabilizing him as best she can. Aria's attack on the Skaven Assassin elicits a cry of rage as the arrow catches in its right paw. The creature lets forth a growl that would be fearsome were it a few octaves lower and begins reaching for its stars, staring straight at her.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
->The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (2; 1 badly injured)


The black blood Brothers attack one the injured one, miraculously, manages to hit one of the Skaven. He badly injures one of the remaining three Nightrunners in front of them, giving it a nasty scar across its neck.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
->Ostlanders (1; 1 bleeding out)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1; 2 badly injured)


One of the Ostlanders, bereft of medical attention, bleeds out. His body stops moving entirely and becomes a pale, sickly white. The other one screams an oath to Sigmar and launches himself with unconcealed rage at one of the badly injured Nightrunners. He brings his sword down upon the creature's back, skewering it and opening the spine up. The Skaven kicks out madly, dying as its black blood congeals at the end of the man's sword.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
->Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1; 1 badly injured)


Kristoff, sensing a chance to strike, manages to nick the last remaining badly wounded Skaven. It screeches in pain, blood pouring from it.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
->Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1; 1 near death)


Pavel, having had enough, runs madly at the remaining uninjured Skaven in front of the group cursing madly in Kislevite. He smashes his heavy cudgel upon the creature's forearm, but sadly is unable to do more than bruise it.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
->Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured; 1 near death)


The badly injured Skaven flees without a sound, running to the dark tunnel as though the Chaos Gate itself was opening atop it. The remaining Skaven, seeing itself outnumbered, is about to join its fellow until the assassin squeaks at it. At this point it launches itself at the injured Black Blood Brother, missing him entirely.


***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)


"Elf-breeder! You will die before Snikkit Blackblade!" cries the assassin, throwing two blades at Aria. One smashes into the ground at her feet, but the other manages to pierce flesh.

OOC: 10 damage. Your leather jack and toughness absorb 4 and you're at 3 wounds, Aria.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
->Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria (3 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)


The badly injured Nightrunner takes one look at Gunnar, covered in the gore of many ratmen and with a berserk look in his eyes, and flees with its tail tucked between its legs. It enters the dark passageway without any difficulty and manages to lose itself, Snikkit Blackblade shouting curses in both its own language and Reikspiel with equal measure. Another one of the Nightrunners attempts to wrestle Henry from Camella, while the other four attempt to clear a path for it.

OOC: Camella rolls a 97 and the Skaven rolls a 64 for the Opposed Strength Test

Camella loses a hold of Henry and, once more, he is in the creatures' hands. One of the Skaven leaps atop Gunnar and, miraculously, manages to hold the dwarf down. The other three attack the final Ostlander left. He Ostlander manages to avoid the first sword before one opens a nasty cut that bleeds badly on his shin and another slices through the meat of his shoulder. He continues bellowing exaltation to Sigmar while preparing himself for death.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5)
->Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria (3 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)


Theremaining Sewer Jack is unable to add anything to the fight, his attacks going wide on the Nightrunners. Glindly lets loose a cry of "For Henry!" before stabbing into the meat of one of the Nightrunners, hurting it.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5)
Sewer Jacks (2)
->Skaven Slaves (8)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 badly wounded)
Gunnar/Aria (3 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)


The Skaven slaves all turn upon the same injured Shieldbreaker. The dwarf holds, but barely. She looks incredibly weak and wobbles a little.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (5)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (3 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)


"Finish them!" cries Ulgi. With that, the dwarfs attack the Skaven all-out, preparing to sell themselves dear for the sake of their comrade.

Ulgi manages to injure a Skaven Slave, which Gutrik then cuts down where it stands. The Dwarf Sergeant, enraged, turns about another slave and decpitates it sending the head spinning off. Three of the Shieldbreakers manage to take down two more Skaven slaves, significantly reducing their numbers.

"Hold on, manlings! We will reach you yet!" cries Gutrik, the battle haze coming off of him as he realizes that his troops are safe and he can reasses the situation.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 carrying Henry)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
->Gunnar/Aria (3 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 199 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 04:14
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria winces from the shuriken that struck her, she takes another arrow and prepares to skewer the rat but the pain throws her aim off wildly.

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 99 using 1d100. (49) archery.
Camella Catkins
 player, 143 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Mon 10 Feb 2014
at 07:42
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Cursing colorfully in her own tongue Camella as she fails to hold onto Henry and notices a metal shard sticking out of Aria, she turns to the Dwarfs for assistance who have nearly pacified their own flank. "Don't let them drag Henry away while he still breaths, I've wounded to tend to." She states before running to Aira's side and expertly removes the shuriken then packs and binds the wound ensuring that that particular wound wouldn't be her last.

OOC:
01:13, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 35 using 1d100. Heal 65.
Since Aria's heavily wounded you only gain 2 wounds back, but that is enough to put you back into the lightly wounded category.

Just for confirmation, are we using the Critical Hits Damage rules from page 133?

This message was last edited by the player at 13:43, Fri 28 Feb 2014.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 226 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 1/2
Fri 21 Feb 2014
at 02:50
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar struggles to break free of the rat grappler but the gore covering him makes it hard to get a grip.

OOC:Frickin 99! Even wasted a FP on it and only got a 91.
Game Master
 GM, 443 posts
Thu 27 Feb 2014
at 03:45
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
OOC: Confirmed, Camella.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 carrying Henry)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wound)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
->The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 lightly injured)


Gunnar is trapped by the Skaven atop him. The Black Blood Brothers attempt to hack down the remaining Skaven Nightrunner in front of them. One axe swing goes wide and the other manages to wing the Nightrunner, at least injuring it.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 carrying Henry)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wound)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
->Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 injured)


Praying to Sigmar, unaffected by his own dead friends, the last Ostlander continues to bash away at the Nightrunner, screaming prayers to Sigmar. He manages to wound it further, the Nightrunner slowly being overwhelmed by the sheer number of humans attacking it.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 carrying Henry)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wound)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
->Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 injured)


Kristoff attempts to sneak up on the Nightrunner and stab it in the back, but is fouled by the loud, clomping Ostlander. The Drakwalder curses in a rapid and impressive fashion.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 carrying Henry)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wound)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
->Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 injured)


Pavel almost misses the Nightrunner, but is able to land a crushing blow upon its foot, sending the rat back with a screech.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 carrying Henry)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wound)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
->Skaven Nightrunners (1 badly injured)


Seeing itself overwhelmed and having no wish to die here, the Nightrunner runs as quickly as it can down the dark hallway it emerged from, wishing no part in this madness. Snikkit Blackblade curses at it, but is unable to make it change course.

***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wound)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


"Henricus-foe is mine! Heinricus-foe is mine!" cries Snikkit, seeing the two Sewer Jacks in hot pursuit of his Nightrunner. He tosses two throwing stars at Glindly, one of them hitting the Halfling square in the chest. He begins crawling forwards, having obvious difficulty moving. His companion, Smiling Jack, turns around.

"Save... Henry!" cries Glindly, before collapsing to the floor. Jack nods grimly and continues his pursuit.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
->Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


The Nightrunner holding Gunnar attempts to squeeze him, but finds himself unable to do anything more than hold the dwarf, its strength paling in comparison. The one with Henry makes a desperate run towards the dark tunnel, nearly reaching the entrance. Two follow, but quickly turn mid-stride to assume a defensive stance. They both are ready to intercept the blades of the remains of Heinricus's mercenaries.

The last one, seeing the Halfling madly pursuing its comrades, attacking the poor person in the back. Its curved blade cruelly rakes over Jack's spine, sending blood flying everywhere. To his credit, the Sewer Jack does not lose focus for a second, clearly intent on rescuing Henry.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
->Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


"Fuuuuaaaacccckkkyyyoooouuu rrraaaaatttsss!" cries Smiling Jack, lifting his dagger and throwing it as hard as he can. It sails, end-over-end, past both of the defending Nightrunners and smashes blunt-end first into the head of the Nightrunner carrying Henry. The creature is slightly dazed, but barely slowed.

This herculean effort causes a great deal of blood to go spilling out of Jack's back and he begins to turn pale. His breath becomes laborious and he pulls forth another dagger from his belt, ready to keep the pressure on despite the fact he is going to expire any second. Ready to prove, by death if need be, that the height of a creature does not determine its worth.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
->Skaven Slaves (4)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (1 badly injured)


The Skaven Slaves achieve nothing other than thoroughly annoying the Shieldbreakers.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (4)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


"I got this, Gutrik! Save the manling!" cries Ulgi, rallying two of the uninjured Shieldbreakers to lead the final charge against the Skaven Slaves.

With a nod, Gutrik and his four Shieldbreakers begin their mad dash towards the Skaven Nightrunners absconding with Henry.

Damn it! If you can delay them for a few seconds we can catch up!" cries Gutrik, doing his best to get there. Meanwhile, a Shieldbreaker cleaves the leg off of one of the Skaven Slaves its squared off against.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
->Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:46, Thu 27 Feb 2014.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 227 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 1/2
Thu 27 Feb 2014
at 04:36
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar roars and redoubles his efforts to escape biting the filthy creature and surging upward with his full strength.

23:33, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 31 using 1d100. Breaking Free!
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 200 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 00:08
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria notches another arrow focuses on her target and fires the arrow at the Rat carrying Heinricus away.

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 2 using 1d10. damage.
18:02, Today: Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 22 using 1d100. archery. (59) 3 DoS (right arm?)

Camella Catkins
 player, 145 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 02:18
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Trusting in Ariarn to make the shot when it counts to stagger the beast carrying Henry, Camella does her damnedest to ensure no more lives are lost this day, and to that length rushes past the now standing Gunnar to try and save the final sewer jack from bleeding to death only to fumble with her tools costing her precious seconds. "Don't die just yet you got me, what will Esmerelda think if you don't give it your all?" She asks, and prays in her native tongue to Shallya for the skill to treat this brave Halfling's wounds, and to Morr to persuade him to spare him this day.

OOC:
20:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 78 using 1d100. FP Reroll Heal 65%. Seriously, just about a 1 in 3 chance of happening and it happens twice.
20:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 77 using 1d100. Heal 65%.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:41, Fri 28 Feb 2014.

Game Master
 GM, 445 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 03:31
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
OOC: I'm sorry, Camella. Also, Aria, you forgot your strength bonus! 5 damage!

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
->Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


Gunnar manages tho throw off his Skaven attacker, slamming the rat back with piteous ease. Aria's arrow manages to pierce the Skaven's flesh and sticks into it, but it is still not enough to get the rat to stop. Meanwhile Camella does her best to save Glindly. She at least manages to make him come to.

"Camella? Ah, sweet Camella..." he smiles looking up, tears streaming down his eyes, "Ilgain Reinbray Tumsully..." he continues in Halfling.


Glindly lets out one last great sigh and his head rolls over. He ceases to move in Camella's arms.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
->The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


"Fuck! We can't let a shortling show us up!" cries one of the Black Blood Brothers, charging forwards at the two Nightrunners. Neither of them are able to hit the Nightrunners, the creatures sidestepping the blow while not giving a single bit of ground.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
->Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


The Ostlander continues his prayers, assaulting one of the Skaven. The Ostlander manages to break its guard and smashes its sword into the Skaven's leg, sending it crouching before it can recover.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
->Kristoff
Pavel


"You three are idiots" sighs Kristoff, running straight at the two Nightrunners. As he brings his blades down, appearing to swipe at their legs, he jumps into the air. The Nightrunners are unprepared and find themselves kicked in the sides. No damage is done, but its enough to put them off their stride and get them to drop their guard. There is now a clear path to the Skaven holding Henry.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
->Pavel


"Stupid rat! You are not harming pay check!" cries Pavel, charging straight through the hole in your enemies opened by Kristoff to attack the Skaven holding Henry. He smashes his mace against the creature's back, snapping off the arrow embedded in it. The Nightrunner cries out, tossing Henry to the ground.


***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3; 1 carrying Henry; 1 holding Gunnar)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


"Fools! Get Heinricus-Foe! Get Heinricus-Foe! Do not let bear-man stop you!" cries Snikkit, throwing his knives at Pavel. The mighty Kislevite cries in pain, then pulls out one of the dagger.

"Ouch! That hurt! A lot!" cries Pavel angrily, throwing back a dagger at the Skaven Assassin. Naturally it does nothing other than be a show of defiance, however this is enough to get the Skaven's attention.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
->Skaven Nightrunners (4; 1 badly injured)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


The Skaven Nightrunners look at one another. The one grabs Heinricus and, rather than run with him, throws him into the mouth of the tunnel. It then runs to the mouth of the tunnel, assuming a defensive position. Two more take up a defensive position, while the Skaven who had pinned Gunnar makes a running leap, scaling its comrades, and then picks up Heinricus. The badly injured one makes the same leap... and keeps running, hellbent for leather.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3 blocking the tunnel entrance; 1 carrying Heinricus)
->Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


The last remaining Sewer Jack, Smiling Jack, tosses another dagger in vain. He then collapses to the ground, unable to keep up the effort. None the less, he continues to crawl forwards, chasing after the Skaven as best he can.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3 blocking the tunnel entrance; 1 carrying Heinricus)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
->Skaven Slaves (3)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


The Skaven slaves start to run. The Shieldbreakers and Ulgi do not pursue them, instead joining the charge upon the Nightrunners.



***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (3 blocking the tunnel entrance; 1 carrying Heinricus)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Skaven Slaves (3)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


"WE SHALL PASS!" cries Ulgi.

"Boy, this isn't some halfbaked novel. This is war! Tell the bastards you're gonna kill them!" responds Gutrik, laying into the Skaven to the laughter of his allies.

Ulgi manages to nearly shatter a Skaven's arm. The creature cries, falling into the axe of a nearby Shieldbreaker.  It dies, opening the way to Henry. Not that this stops Gutrik from decapitating the Skaven next to it, sly adding, "That's how it's done!" to Ulgi. He then hacks into the next Skaven, getting past its guard and managing tho scrape his axe across its chest. The Skaven is then finished off by another Shieldbreaker who manages to nearly decapitate the creature, leaving a thick strand of flesh by which the head hangs off of.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (1 carrying Heinricus)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
->Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel

Camella Catkins
 player, 146 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 13:40
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Sniffling back tears Camella leans in for one final kiss with Glindly when she feels his breath on her cheek, nearly weeping when she does. Knowing that he still draws breath Camella begins her work anew packing and binding his wounds as best she can before moving him out of the muck so that he has a better chance of recovery. "Thank you Esmerelda, Shallya, Morr, I shan't forget your mercy this day." She mutters to the three gods before hurrying off to Glindly's remaining sewer jack. "Don't exert yourself, just focus on surviving while I get my things." She tells the final sewer jack as she begins rifling through her kit for some more bandages.

OOC: 07:20, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 33 using 1d100. Heal 65%.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:41, Fri 28 Feb 2014.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 202 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 18:23
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aiming over the dwarves and other short races, Arianrhod aims her bow and fires an arrow at the head of the Skaven carrying Henry and striking it.

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 7 using 1d100. archery. 39 called shot to head
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 9 using 1d10+3. damage.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 228 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 1/2
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 21:27
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar surges into a run and cannon balls toward the fleeing Skaven.

"You won't escape with one o' mine ye rat bastards!"


He roared and slashed with his vicious katzbalger at the Skaven carrying Henry (unless it was killed by Aria's shot).


16:22, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 34 using 1d100. Attack with Sword- WS+10(65)

16:22, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 9 using 1d10+4. Damage.

Note: Despite accidentally including the note from before this was not a reroll.

Game Master
 GM, 449 posts
Fri 7 Mar 2014
at 05:02
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Skaven Nightrunners (1 carrying Heinricus)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
->Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


Camella manages to save the life of the Sewer Jack who, seeing Aria's arrow sink into the head of the Skaven, smiles and rests. The Skaven Nightrunner lets Henri go, allowing him to fall onto the floor once more. You can only begin to imagine the bruises he will have at the end of this.

Gunnar's mad rush works perfectly, the Shieldbreakers instinctively moving aside to let him by. His pickaxe impales the creature and it dies writhing upon it, black blood flowing out of its mouth at a prodigious rate.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
->The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


Both of the Black Blood Brothers grab Henri by either arm and drag him away from the tunnel.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
->Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


The Ostlander attempts to stab Snikkit Blackblade and misses, the Skaven deftly moving out of the way.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
->Kristoff
Pavel


Kristoff, seeing he cannot harm the skaven from here, decides to move where he can intercept any attacks from the tunnel to the Black Blood Brothers as they pull Henri to safety.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
->Pavel


Pavel mutters something in Kislev and tries to beat Snikkit with his mace. He fails to connect.

***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin (lightly injured)
Sewer Jack (bleeding to death)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (5; 1 near death)
Gunnar/Aria (1 wounds)/Camella/Heinricus (unconscious)
The Black Blood Brothers (1; 1 injured)
Ostlander
Kristoff
Pavel


<grey>"Henricus-foe will be mine! Damn you surface dwellers! You shall feel my wrath! Just wait-see!"</grey> cries Snikkit, running headlong into the tunnel. He disappears and it is at this point you all have a chance to recover.

"Oi! Halfling!" cries Ulgi, pointing to Camella, "One of ours just moaned. We need ya to see to the wounded!" he asks.

It is true, one of the fallen Sheildbreakers is moaning. There is the potential for some to be alive. Despite this, the dead and broken bodies of many friends litter the floor. Tumas and Glindly lie on the ground, both of them stable if covered in blood. The last Ostlander lets out a cry and runs through the tunnel after Snikkit.

OOC: Congratulations everyone, you all survived. 350 experience each!
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 203 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 17:33
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria moves forward as the last of the skaven are killed "We need to get the injured out of here quickly and to a medical expert in a cleaner place" she says
Camella Catkins
 player, 148 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 17:58
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"I'm on my way, and the name's Camella." Camella replies to the Shieldbreaker's call for assistance as she binds the Sewer Jack's wounds before patting him on the shoulder, comforting the wounded man before leaving his side to tend to the rest beginning with the Shieldbreaker so close to death, snatching him back from Morr's embrace just in the nick of time, then the wounded Black Blood Brother, binding his wounds with ease.

"Someone stop that madman before he gets himself killed unnecessarily, I'll check the fallen for signs of life, the rest of you should carry the wounded out of this filth before their wounds turn septic." Camella urges those strong enough to stand to act as she checks the fallen for signs of life.

OOC: I assume the Sewer Jack is no longer bleeding to death then? If he still is, he'll recover 2 wounds and is stable.
14:48, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 32 using 1d100. Heal 65.

The Shieldbreaker recovers 2 Wounds and is stable as well.
12:31, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 51 using 1d100. Heal 65.

As for the Black Blood Brother, he recovers a whopping 8 Wounds unless he's heavily injured.
12:34, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 56 using 1d100. Heal 65.
12:34, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 8 using 1d10. Wounds.

Lastly, checking the fallen for signs of life.
12:49, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 54 using 1d100. Perception 55.

Edit: I forget, did I already treat Henry this day? Or was that interrupted by Skaven?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:50, Sun 09 Mar 2014.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 205 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 18:53
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
As Camella helps the Black brother who was holding Henri, she picks up the slack and supports him with the other brother "We need to move quickly, and it might be a good idea to take a skaven corpse in case the other humans need proof they exist."
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 232 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 1/2
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 23:36
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar shouts for the Ostlander to stop and if he does not respond runs a short distance after the Man. He won't chase him very far though and shortly will return either with or without the Sigmarite.

Upon his arrival he will organize those who are still effective to loot the battlefield and gather their dead and wounded allies. Any enemies that are not completely dead will be dealt with in the ancient dwarf way, a swift and efficient blow to the neck.

"Expert we have but a cleaner place is a wise suggestion. Let us know as soon as they can be moved Doc."

Gunnar pulls a face.

"They will not believe us Elf. Even if we bring them a live ratman. They do not want to believe.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 209 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 01:40
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Better that we have something, then nothing even for a race as young and stupid as humans" she tells the dwarf. "And can you take some of his equipment off of Henri, he is very heavy."
Camella Catkins
 player, 154 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 05:31
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Those still conscious are more than likely strong enough to drag or carry those who are not, which include our very own Henry, Escal our mercenary field warden who's poisoning still needs treating, Glindly the Halfling sewer jack and one of his men, as well as one of the Shieldbreakers I just treated. Regardless, I'm still checking the others but I'm not very hopeful, those Skaven tore into us pretty fierce.

Just from a cursory glance, I'd say we've lost three of our mercs, maybe a fourth if that Osterlander doesn't return, and another still in danger, the Shieldbreakers only lost one I think, nearly lost a second but he'll be fine, sore for a week maybe but still alive, while the Sewer Jacks received the worst of it, two most likely dead, and two barely alive that I know for sure. Even we didn't escape unscathed, Henry's unconscious and by stroke of luck or hand of fate still draws breath, while you yourself Aria aren't much better off, had that spinning blade hit just a little down and to the left you'd be lucky to be in Henry's boots. Surprisingly though Gunnar somehow came out of that rat pile with nary a scratch on him."
Camella reminded the elf just how severe her wounds were while expressing her pleasant surprise at Gunnar's untouched state as she continued to check the fallen for life, crossing the hands of those whom she had checked and judged were deceased.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:30, Mon 10 Mar 2014.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 234 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 1/2
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 06:27
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"More will live than would've without yer help."

He raises his voice enough to be heard by all the assembled dwarfs.

"Let's get loaded and march the hell out of here!"

He moves to Aria and lifts Henry from her grasp.

"I'll take the manling. Your race aren't made for bearing burdens much heavier than a bunch of flowers."

The weight of the slight human was much less of a burden on the brawny dwarf or at least he didn't allow it to show if he was.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 210 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 12:37
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"No, we don't normally carry humans, too heavy and as oft of no real use" she says clutching her wound as the pain flares
Camella Catkins
 player, 158 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 18:43
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Once I'm done here I'll have to run and go put together an anti-toxin kit to treat Escal, and with Gunnar carrying Henry, that'll leave you Aria in charge of over seeing the stripping of the enemy's dead, assuming the rats have anything worth taking. I know in your state you'd probably rather rest, but this is an important part of being a leader of men, and were Henry still conscious he'd likely over see it himself." Camella stated as she prepared to head off to get said anti-toxin kit, and perhaps even an apothecary kit put together.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 212 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 01:35
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Arianrhod sighs, know she must stay a little longer in the sewer. "Please everyone, if you could search the bodies of the dead rats for anything but be wary of any blades or needles as they use toxins she says before moving to the nearest corpse and slashing her blade through its  neck severing its head lest these rats play dead before looking thought the rags of its clothing for anything important.
Game Master
 GM, 451 posts
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 03:51
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"We will help" declares Ulgi.

"Aye, he who fights with me is my brother" nods Gultrik. They begin helping you move others. It is at this point you notice that Escal had fallen into a small puddle and drown. That is another who you will never get back.

"I will watch over the boss, dwarf" declares the Drakwalder, Kristoff. No one, save Aria, really seems too interested in touching the bodies.

OOC:

***SURVIVORS***
2 Black Blood Brothers (1 injured)
9 Shieldbearers (4 unconscious; after Camella's ministrations 4 wounded and 1 unconscious)
Ulgi
Kristoff
Pavel
Tumas (unconscious)
Sewer Jack (unconscious)
Glindly (unconscious)

Good news side, Henry is certainly keeping a great deal of money.

Aria, make a Toughness Test or gain the Scumpox (terrible boils that inflict -5 to all tests). You get a total of 8 gold coins and 5 silver coins from your search. You also may carry up to 16 hand weapons, depending on what you can carry.


The Ostlander does not return. You all leave towards the surface. The trip up is claustrophobic and difficult. You constantly hear noises that could be an attacker. The smell is horrific and you feel your nasal passages fill with snot under the constant assault. The walls are cold and you learn not to touch them after feeling something wet and unidentifiable on one that you pray is water. Your footsteps seem to make far, far too much noise. It is miserable for all saves the dwarfs.

Only one dwarf is incapable of moving on its own after Camella's ministrations and he is hoisted by his neighbors. None of those who perished or were knocked out have been left behind. The dwarfs take a particular pride in this. In fact, they seem to enjoy the trip up, occasionally seeming as though they're about to burst into song. Despite losing one of their numbers, their mood is up. When Kristoff gets the courage to ask, they merely reply that the enemy has been vanquished and one of their numbers died a good death. That is enough. Most trail the bodies of the dead behind them in a manner less reminisce of a funeral parlor and more so of great pride.

It is as you start nearing the surface that two daggers flash out of the darkness. One slams into the stone near Gunnar's feet and the other smacks straight into the dwarf's foot, purposely missing Heinricus's body entirely.

"Heirnicus-foe will be mine!" cries something from the shadow. You imagine that the Ostalnder did not survive.

OOC: Gunnar, you're dealt 12 damage pre-reduction (6 damage post reduction I believe that would be) and must make an Easy (+20) Toughness test against poison or fall asleep

"Gungri-damn it. Not him again" complains Ulgi.

"Gunnar, you and the others carrying our wounded and honored dead get to the surface!" cries Gultrik, "The rest of you, let's kill a rat!" cries Gultrik. The Black Blood Brothers who elected to carry the Sewer Jacks begin to make a run for the surface. Kristoff moves to put himself between where he saw the daggers come from and Gunnar, keeping his vow to keep Henry safe very seriously. Pavel, having picked up Tumas, begins to make a sprint to the exit of the sewer. The five injured Shieldbreakers and Ulgi, all of whom elected to carry the dead, begin to make a break for it.

OOC: Roll for Initiative! This, by the way, leaves Gultrik and four uninjured Shieldbreakers. Gunnar is carrying Henry and Camella/Aria are carrying no one. Henry, even though you're unconscious, roll for initiative as well.

Also, it is an opposed Perception Test to locate Snikkit. You must beat two degrees of success.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:28, Mon 17 Mar 2014.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 215 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 04:44
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 34 using 1d100. Toughness FP. (34) Pass!
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 67 using 1d100. Toughness . (34) Fail
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 10 using 1d10+5. Initiative.
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 88 using 1d100. Perception (36).


"Thanks for the help humans" she says stuffing the last blade in her sling bag.

+++After attack+++

"Does anyone see the bastard rat?" she says drawing her bow

OOC: unless the tunnel is too unfit in which case she takes out her sword and shield.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 237 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 05:26
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar glares down at tha dagger stuck in his foot and then his eyes rise and settle directly on the cowardly clan eshin assassin. He drops Henry in the muck and hefts his pickaxe.

He growls to Kristoff, "Take the boy to the surface."

and the roars,"I see ya ya rat bastard piece of filth! I see you!"


The words are no sooner out of his mouth than he charges at the assassin.


01:19, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 26 using 1d10+21. Initiative.


01:17, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 2 using 1d100. Perception (42). 4 Degrees of success!

01:15, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 35 using 1d100. Easy Toughness Test (73). 3 Degrees of success!
Camella Catkins
 player, 162 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 17:38
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
With Escal found among the dead, having drowned in a puddle no less, Camella no longer needed to rush off to get an anti-venom kit prepared and could assist Aria in looting the dead rats, which outnumbered their own by a fair margin, but that was a cold comfort to one whose entire adult life had been devoted to saving lives. However being the Shallyan trained Barber-Surgeon and Halfling woman she was Camella was no more a virgin to Morr's grim work then she was to the affections of another Halfling or occasional Dwarf and Big Foot, still if she could she would seek revenge for Escal and the Sewer Jacks, they were after all cousins by way of marriage, that's practically family, and Halflings were nothing if not a clannish folk.

So when the foolish rat decided to make it's presence known again, Camella could only smile, by tonight Henry would have a nice pelt to adorn his shoulders, she'd see to that herself if she must. "That's nice Gunnar, now tell us where he is and we'll help scare him from his hole so you can take his head." Camella said to Gunnar as she pulled out her sling and narrowed her eyes against the darkness, not seeing much of anything just yet.

OOC:
12:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 85 using 1d100. Perception 55.
12:07, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 37 using 1d10+35. Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:38, Sat 15 Mar 2014.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 111 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 08:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...

Initiative is a 40 or 7... don't remember which system we are using.

12:41, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 40 using 1d10+36. Initiative .

Game Master
 GM, 452 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 02:45
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
OOC:

Aria - 47
Camella - 37
Heinricus - 40
Gunnar - 26
Shieldbreakers - 26
Snikkit Blackblade - 55


***TURN ORDER***
->Snikkit Blackblade
Aria
Heinricus
Camella
Gunnar
Shieldbreakers


"Stupid Dwarf-thing! Die!" cries Snikkit, tossing only a single dagger and missing Gunnar entirely. Kristoff gladly takes Heinricus off of his hands and runs like hell.


***TURN ORDER***
Snikkit Blackblade
->Aria
->Heinricus
->Camella
->Gunnar
->Shieldbreakers


Aria cannot see anything. Heinricus begins to moan and Kristoff whispers for him to shush.Camella is unable to spot the rat and cannot do anything. Gunnar can see the Skaven Assassin and tries to point out it's location. All anyone sees is a patch of shadows which Gunnar tries to hack at. Something flickers out of the shadows to intercept Gunnar's blade.

"Where in the hell is it?" cries Gultrik, he and the Shieldbreakers trying to figure out where the enemy is.


***TURN ORDER***
->Snikkit Blackblade
Aria
Heinricus
Camella
Gunnar
Shieldbreakers


"Fools! You cannot catch the mighty Snikkit Blackblade!" laughs Snikkit. His words echo out from the darkness and you cannot see any part of him.

OOC: This time, you must beat 3 degrees of success!

A blade lashes out and flies past Gunnar's arm, almost slicing directly into it.

***TURN ORDER***
Snikkit Blackblade
->Aria
->Heinricus
->Camella
->Gunnar
->Shieldbreakers

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 222 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 02:59
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 86 using 1d100. Perception, better by 2 at this rate I won't see it if it comes up and farts in my face... and CM I swear that better not happen!

Aria still can't see where the rat is, "Can someone light a few torches and burn the shadows away!" she says

This message was last edited by the player at 03:01, Mon 17 Mar 2014.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 112 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 05:29
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinricus had begun coming out of his stupor when he was told to hush. He felt slowly with his hand to ensure his weapons had been replaced on his belt before being carried off. He opened his eyes and looked around, trying to figure out where he was and what was going on.



09:59, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 99 using 1d100. Perception.
Camella Catkins
 player, 171 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 06:04
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Damn rat must be using some kind of sorcery, regardless if Gunnar can see it, then we should circle around where he indicates if only to prevent the rat from escaping too easily, and with any luck we might be able to see through it's tricks." Camella curses slightly given her inability to spot the damn rat chalking it up to some form of magic or another before urging the Shield Breakers to lock shields and stand with Gunnar in some kind of shield wall cage.

OOC: 00:01, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 60 using 1d100. Perception 55.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 248 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Wed 2 Apr 2014
at 04:20
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar, enraged, swings wildly trying to smash the rat turd assassin and misses badly.
Game Master
 GM, 454 posts
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 03:29
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Snikkit Blackblade
->Aria
->Heinricus
->Camella
->Gunnar
->Shieldbreakers


Nobody is able to hit anything, the assassin incapable of being seen. The shieldbreakers form up ranks and present a shield wall.


***TURN ORDER***
->Snikkit Blackblade
Aria
Heinricus
Camella
Gunnar
Shieldbreakers


<grey>Fool-fools! I slay you all!</grey> cries the assassin from the darkness as a blade darts out and almost hits Gunnar.

***TURN ORDER***
Snikkit Blackblade
->Aria
->Heinricus
->Camella
->Gunnar
->Shieldbreakers


"Damn it. Those fools don't know how to fight it. This isn't sorcery, it's skill. There's only one way to deal with this" grimace Ulgi, handing over an injured Shieldbreaker to an unijnured one, "Hold him. They need help" he nods. He rushes off as the shieldbreakers continue to present a wall.

OOC: You're going to need at least 3 degrees of success to spot the Skaven Assassin.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 223 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 03:40
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 26 using 1d100. Perception .(36) +10 for (night/excellent) vision? still only 2 DoS
Camella Catkins
 player, 174 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 2/3
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 03:55
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Cursing silently Camella continued to stand behind the shield wall, hoping to catch a glimpse of the damn rat assassin hiding in the shadows.

OOC: Seriously another 60 lol
22:53, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 60 using 1d100. Per 55.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 115 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 18:57
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Shield wall should slowly back up, retreating to the surface. It won't follow us there." He whispered to the man carrying him,  hoping more than knowing what he was talking about. He was coming more out of his stupor, and getting ready to walk on his own.
Game Master
 GM, 455 posts
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 22:39
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Rest now, my lord. The dwarfs have it under control" whispers Kristoff to Heinricus as he runs a bit faster, seeing the sunlight.

Camella and Aria see nothing.

OOC: Yes, you must roll, Gunnar.

The shield wall stays in place, unable to hear Heirncius. Meanwhile Ulgi reappears directly behind them and shouts something in Khazalid, fumbling within the pockets of his chain coat.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 224 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Thu 10 Apr 2014
at 03:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 90 using 1d100. Perception. This Fucking Dice Roller!

Aria continues to look for the rat but can't see a thing.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 251 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 23:54
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"No escape for ye ye breathin' rat turd!!"

Gunnar roars and brings his pickaxe down in a murderous arc directly at the skaven assassin's head!
Game Master
 GM, 457 posts
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 23:57
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Snikkit Blackblade parries the attack upon him. None the less, he is driven back by the sheer force of the blow. Snikkit returns the favor by attempting to attack Gunnar, but he is unable to penetrate the dwarf's defense. He continues to hold out in the shadows.

OOC: Perception test is at 3 degrees of success required.

The shieldwall holds. Meanwhile, the dwarf Ulgi begins to throw things into the distance and you hear the sound of glass shattering. You cannot be sure what he is doing.

OOC: I realized that this is basically a seesaw-style combat with one side going and then the other. Therefore no need for this madness
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 226 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 00:10
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 29 using 1d100 with rolls of 29. Perception. 1.7Dos failure to see.
Aria continues to look for the Skaven to no effect.
Camella Catkins
 player, 176 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 02:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
After what felt like a lifetime peering into the darkness, Camella finally spots the damnable rat and with a grin flings her stone at the hairy wall crawling varmint.

OOC: FINALLY! Camella Catkins rolled 19 using 1d100. Perception 55. I see London I see France!

21:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 10 using 1d100. BS 50 Reroll. If I'm not mistaken that's a natural head shot no?

21:10, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 5 using 1d10+3. Damage.

Game Master
 GM, 458 posts
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 01:39
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Camella manages to pelt the Skaven with a rock. All you most of you hear is a squeak in the distance that sounds more angry and insulted than anything else.

OOC: Your move, Gunnar! At that point we go to round 4
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 227 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 01:45
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria continues to look about uselessly.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 253 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 01:54
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
...and Gunnar spends another round fanning about and roaring.
Game Master
 GM, 459 posts
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 03:44
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Snikkit takes advantage of the dark to strike at Gunnar, slicing at the dwarf's left arm. Meanwhile he attempts to hide with slightly less success.

OOC: Only two degrees of success required!

The shieldwall holds, none of the dwarfs moving. Meanwhile, Goldut continues throwing vials and shouts "Fire!"
Camella Catkins
 player, 177 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 07:36
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"That sounds rather ominous." Camella said in reference to the distant yelling and mention of fire before turning her attention back toward the shadows, then to her wounded comrade as her luck with spotting the damned rat wanes. "Step back here and let me get a look at that." She commanded Gunnar from behind the shield wall, possibly even dragging him behind the other dwarfs if need be before quickly bandaging his arm.

OOC: Also, I forget if I asked this or not but would Night Vision help at all down here?
02:27, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 48 using 1d100. Per 55, 2 DoS.
02:34, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 62 using 1d100. Heal 65.
02:34, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 9 using 1d10. Wounds.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 254 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 07:43
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar tries to use his head faking as if he still can't see the ratman and then suddenly bringing the pickaxe down at the assassin's left arm.

OOC: Going for a feint. Opposed WS test. If Snikkit loses he gets no active defense vs Gunnar's next attack. Unfortunately he will have to fail by three degrees or more to lose.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 230 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 21 Apr 2014
at 01:33
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria takes aim with her bow, now finally able to see the bastard rat and looses an arrow at the rat-things head.

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 6 using 1d100. Perception (46). HOLY SHIT! I CAN SEE!!!
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 11 using 1d100. archery (49) Called shot head.
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 10 using 1d10+3. damage.

Game Master
 GM, 462 posts
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 02:33
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Snikkit dodges gunnar's pike axe and manages to ram himself straight into Aria's arrow. It bounces off his head, leaving a deep furrow across the snout. The Skaven howls in rage and looks to Aria.

"Damn it you stupid elf!" shouts Ulgi in rage, "Wrong fire! Wrong fire!" he cries as Camella vainly tries to pull Gunnar back to the line of Shieldbreakers, seeming to have understood what the wise dwarf was getting at.

At this, Snikkit lets forth a laugh and jumps to the ceiling.

"Foolish Dwarf-Meat! Snikkit Blackblade is smarter than you!" cries Snikkit, dropping something to the floor. At this point, the entire world around the three of you becomes alight. Fire whooshes up from where Snikkit once stood, blinding eyes and sending smoke billowing out

OOC: A Routine (+10) Agility test for all of you, save Henri, to avoid catching on fire! Suffocation rules apply while you are near the fire. Finaly, all vision tests are at -20 to detect Snikkit. 1's are automatic successes as per the rules of GM'ing since the dawn of time

As to the Skaven's next move, there can be no doubt. You hear an echoing clink on the ceiling and he shouts, "Heinricus-foe! I am coming for you!"

"Damn it" mutters Kristoff, dropping Heinricus near the mouth of the sewer tunnel. Heinricus at this point has recovered enough to stand and move on his own volition, if he is a bit weak.

"My lord, run! I will cover your retreat" cries Kristoff, assuming a defensive stance. The smoke has yet to reach near the sewer tunnel entrance and the area naturally funnels, making it somewhat defensible.

"Fucking hell... I blame the elf for this!" cries Gutrik from somewhere.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 02:34, Wed 23 Apr 2014.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 231 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 04:08
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Arianrhod quickly jumps back from the flames, but loses sight of the rat in the haze of smoke. "Why is it my fault dwarf, I never light that fire."


Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 42 using 1d100 with rolls of 42. Dodge Fire (62). 2 DoS
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 51 using 1d100 with rolls of 51. Perception . (26) fail

Camella Catkins
 player, 178 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 12:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Barely escaping the flames herself, Camella looks around to find Gunnar and finally treat that nasty gash and any other wounds he might have earned from the fire bomb. "Gunnar you thick skulked dwarf, when I tug on your collar that means you're supposed to step back behind the line so I can treat your wounds, idjit. Now be still so that I can treat you, otherwise I'll knock you upside the head and have one of your others carry you out of here." Camella chides him like a worried mother would as she sets to work.

OOC: 07:05, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 24 using 1d100. Agi+10=45.
Assuming I have to reroll my heal check.
07:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 50 using 1d100. Heal 65.
07:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 4 using 1d10. Wnds.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 117 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 18:04
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinri stumbled to his feet. He glanced back at the battle, and heard the faint sound of claws on the stone ceiling. He was the target, and if he got away then maybe the rat-man would leave. He began hobbling as quick as he could moving toward the entrance of the sewers. As he neared, he would begin yelling for the guard.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 255 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 14/16, FP 0/2
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 19:49
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Unable to see the ratman scum through the flames Gunnar moves back and agrees to allow Camella to see to his wounds.

He is, of course, currently on fire and trying to use an old miner's trick to put out the flames (rolling in and covering himself with dirt).
Game Master
 GM, 464 posts
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 02:19
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria and Camella are both capable of dodging the fire. Gunnar is not so lucky and set alight. Two Shieldbreakers assist Gunnar in putting himself out while the rest turn around and start marching forwards.

OOC: A +20 bonus to your test to put yourself out, Gunnar.

Camella finds herself unable to heal Gunnar due to the not-so-small issue he is currently in flames.

Meanwhile Henricus manages to stumble out to daylight. He is in the middle of an alley and sees that the injured men, dwarfs, and halflings have managed to get into the main thoroughfare and are attracting quite a bit of attention. Two watchmen peel off from the group of them surrounding your allies, finding Henri's urgent screams a whole lot more interesting. Henri manages to make it halfway through the alley, running full kilter, before he starts feeling his sides burn from the exertion.

In the meantime, Kristoff begins a shout of "For Hen..." that dies stillborn on his lips. You only hear a sickening moaning sound and someone thrashing on the ground. Snikkit Blackblade is no longer using sleeping poison.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 232 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 02:25
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria stays near the rearguard of the group trying to find the Skaven

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 48 using 1d100. Perception (46).
Camella Catkins
 player, 179 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 03:14
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"If it's not attacking us anymore it's likely gone after Henricus." Camella tells Aria as she does her best to help put Gunnar out, who has suddenly become aggravatingly injury prone.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 118 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sun 18 May 2014
at 15:03
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Beastmen... in the sewer..." He said clutching the pain in his side and regretting his decision to run. "Only one left... the leader... kill him and the attacks will stop... the mercenaries I hired need reinforced!"
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 256 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 14/16, FP 0/2
Sun 25 May 2014
at 22:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
18:09, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 47 using 1d100. Putting out the fire (+20).

No test for putting out the flames once your on fire is specified in the books so I just rolled. You'll have to let me know if it worked or not.


"Bollocks!"

Gunnar's normally astounding conversational skills are somewhat hindered as he rolls in the dirt with Camella beating at the flames.
Game Master
 GM, 465 posts
Tue 27 May 2014
at 14:21
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar puts himself out with the help of Camella, the flames upon him dispersing under the rain of dirt. Two Shieldbreakers rush forwards and help move them back into safety as the flames begin to intensify. It is getting hard to breath between the sweltering heat and the rising smoke. At least the flames make it easy to tell which direction to head in to get to safety. Meanwhile Aria sees where the Skaven is heading and rushes forwards after him.

The two watchmen stand in hesitation for a moment, before grabbing their cudgel.

"Rest easy, sir, we will take care of this" states one of the watchmen with only the merest tremble in his voice. With a steely look of determination, the two begin their march towards the tunnel's entrance, ready for combat. Two daggers shoot out from the smoke at the tunnel's entrance, taking the watchmen in the throat and chest respectively. They both fall back, hitting the back of their heads against the floor, and begin convulsing with white foam coming out of their mouths.

Snikkit Blackblade steps out of the smoke, a cruelly serrated sword-length blade in his hand. His black cloak and leather armor is torn and burnt, ashes falling off of it like black snow. The area between his snout and right eye has a deep furrow upon it that bleeds and mattes its dark fur. The black cloth on his left shin is a strange, off-black color from pooling blood. There are areas of fur on his arms that are gone, leaving only bright red burns in their place. His black eyes are dilated and small red blood vessels peek out from them. His entire body moves with erratic jerks, as though he were under the influence of some kind of drug. His chest heaves, his ears are fully erect, and his teeth are fully exposed in something that is the most frighteningly smile you have seen.

"Heinricus-Foe!" cries Snikkit, "This ends now!" he shouts in challenge. Looking down at himself, Henricus can see that the Skaven is just as badly injured as he is, his comrades having taken a toll upon the creature. It will all be over soon one way or another.

The watchmen, having watched two of their comrades slain out of hand and seeing a large group of people gathered, decide discretion is the better part of valor. They begin to herd the crowds away with shouts of Beastman and Clear the area.
Camella Catkins
 player, 180 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Tue 27 May 2014
at 14:47
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Well, now that you're put out, lets get after that rat before he catches up with Henry!" Camella says helping Gunnar up before setting off in the direction of the exit, sling in hand.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 257 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 14/16, FP 0/2
Tue 27 May 2014
at 21:28
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Smouldering both literally and figuratively Gunnar snatches up his pickaxe and charges for the surface.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 233 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Tue 27 May 2014
at 22:55
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Arianrhod follows the others up the hill, bow in hand as she prepares to slay the bastard rat. When she sees it she aims and fires an arrow.

(for when I get in range)
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 62 using 1d100 with rolls of 62. Archery (64 ). 49+10(aim)+5(bow quality)
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 7 using 1d10+3 with rolls of 4. damage. ignores 1 point of armour.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 119 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Wed 28 May 2014
at 15:51
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Let's have it then." Heinricus said, tightening his grip on his rapier and parrying dagger." He started forward, at a steady pace, lightly swinging his sword making a swish as it cut the air. He waited until he was 5 feet from the creature before lunging forward to pierce with his sword, keeping his knife ready to counter a parry.





11:51, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 8 using 1d100. Counter (43).
11:50, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 4 using 1d10+2. Damage?
11:49, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 92 using 1d100. Fp.
11:49, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 45 using 1d100. Attack (43).

Game Master
 GM, 467 posts
Thu 29 May 2014
at 03:15
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
It is with those words that battle is joined. Snikkit instantly draws another sword and launches himself forwards. Henri's first attack misses and his counter-attack is easily dodged by the Assassin. In turn, the Skaven rushes through Henri's defenses and attempts to deliver a cruel blow to his ribs.

OOC: Either you block it or you're dealt 10 damage to the body, Henri. At that point, you have no wounds, you take a -20 penalty to your next roll, and keep fighting on.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:18, Thu 29 May 2014.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 120 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Thu 29 May 2014
at 05:05
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
OOC: I mistyped... it shouldn't be counter... there is not counter skill that 8 was my parry roll.
Game Master
 GM, 468 posts
Fri 30 May 2014
at 03:25
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
OOC: Ah

Henri manages to block Snikkit's blow. At this point, he unleashes two attacks, one that misses Henri's leg and another that heads directly to the left arm.

OOC: Block or 11 damage and you're stunned

Meanwhile, Aria finally reaches the surface and begins to take aim at the Skaven...
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 122 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sat 31 May 2014
at 02:27
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Batting away the last attack, Heinricus lunged forward, overextending himself a bit to strike at the rat creature. Overextended as he was, he couldn't bring his main-gauche around to parry and hoped his attack would strike first.





I don't remember who strikes first. Any chance Henri struck first? If not he's stunned.
18:44, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 10 using 1d10+2. Damage.
18:44, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 15 using 1d100. Attack 43.
18:44, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 99 using 1d100. Parry 43 last fp.
18:42, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 85 using 1d100. Parry 43.

Game Master
 GM, 470 posts
Sat 31 May 2014
at 05:18
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Both Henri and Snikkit strike one another at the same time. Henri's attack looks like it is going to smash into Snikkit's ribs and then the Skaven dodges to the right at the last second. Henri is only able to watch his blade sail harmlessly through where Snikkit once was before the Skaven's sword smashes into his ribcage, sending Henri reeling backwards. He tries to catch his breath, his lungs refusing to work and his nerves firing in panic as suffocation begins. Snikkit raises both of his blade at once, ready to decapitate the man with a single stroke.

It is at this point that Ariarnhod lets loose her arrow as the first of the Skaven's swords smashes into Henri's skull. Henri is sent reeling, a vicious cut carved across the top of his head. Snikkit is dealt a far worse blow. Aria's arrow takes him in the right arm and utterly destroys it, almost severing the limb at the elbow. Blood pumps furiously from the mangled mass of meat and bone before the Skaven falls to the ground, knocking Henri over. It whispers something and then lies very still.


Before you have too much time to react the watch is all over your group, having arrived in unusual force (and in terrible time). The four of you are immediately hauled to Schtuzmann, Camella given time to treat all of you for your wounds, while the surviving sewer watch (namely a very shaken Glindly) are given what treatment they can be. Meanwhile the dwarfs continue on to their holdfast, muttering something about how it's about damn time that the elf finally did something useful. You can sense that's the closest that Aria will get to a "Good job" from them. None of the watch seems too eager to talk. The surviving members of Henri's mercenaries (one Black Blood Brother and Tumas) both say they'll meet him later at the inn you're staying at for their payment, knowing better than to get involved in whatever you're into.


"What. The. Hell" states Schutzmann blankly, "Cult activity, beastmen attacks, Skaven Assassins, fanatic of Ulric fighting off daemons, a female halfling healer saving the day, an elf deciding to worship Sigmar to gain a boon against a rat-daemon trying to kill innocent civilians in the streets, and the dwarfs beginning to mobilize great numbers of troops in the area you came out of claiming they're having a war game... what happened down there" he asks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:56, Sun 01 June 2014.

Camella Catkins
 player, 182 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Sat 31 May 2014
at 12:56
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Grateful for the chance to see to her comrade's injuries before being dragged off to by the Watch, and also pleased to see Glindly roused from unconsciousness, Camella tends to Henry's wounds first first seeing as he has the most recent injury, before tending to Aria then Gunnar, not that the dwarf needed much bandaged.
OOC: Since Bio's aren't always updated when they should be, and after doing some back tracking, I'm going to assume that Henry is heavily wounded, while Aria and Gunnar are lightly wounded, in which case, Henry and Gunnar each recover 2 wounds, while thanks to a poor roll Aria only recovers 1.

Once they were finally standing before Schutzmann however, Camella kept quiet as he spoke, a small smile spreading across her lips at the mention of her exploits. Clearly Glindly must have spoken well of her deeds, a kindness Camella would have to repay later that night, assuming the poor man was well enough to manage a pie as well as she could a sausage. So when the question finally came, Camella answered with her usual levity. "I do believe the so called Beastmen were in fact Skaven." Camella began with a grin. "As for the cult, apparently some escaped and frankly deranged Human slaves of the Druchii have taken up residency in your sewers and perhaps even in the town itself. They worship some Elf god of war and murder named 'Khaine'." She stated exaggerating Aria's accent. "Carry saw toothed blades at all times and have a distinctive scorpion tattoo somewhere on their body, Professor Ludmil Herzberg would be able to tell you more." She added to help identify them.

"As for the Ulrician fanatic, I do believe Henry would be the one to ask." She claimed as she got to her own exploits. "As for myself I'm not one for bragging much, especially when so many have died today, but I am happy that more still draw breath then would otherwise without my assistance. Though I would be happier with umm, proper compensation?" Camella suggested before clearing her throat and continuing on.

"As for Elves's worshiping Sigmar, that's a new one Aria, didn't think you had it in you, but I knew you were a Human lover after all." She teased Aria before adding. While the Dwarves were quite instrumental in helping to kill what Skaven would could find, though there could still be more down in the sewers, they are quite expansive after all. She paused to think. "I think that covers the major points. Did any of you have something to add?" She asked her companions who, besides Gunnar, were almost as much bandage as they were flesh and blood now.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 123 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sat 31 May 2014
at 22:43
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinricus was bleary eyed as the halfing worked over him and stitched his wounds. His breathing was labored and ragged, and he was worried that something had happened to his lungs. The thrown dagger wounds had been packed during the first lull in the fighting, but the trench on the side of his head and the slash to his left ribcage needed to be stitched.

He needed support as they walked to the guards, but he was thankful to be alive and no longer bleeding.

He stayed quiet as Camilla gave her explanations to the man's inquiries. "I would be dead many times over if it were not for my friend here." Heinri said wincing as he spoke. "The mad-man we found looking for Skaven and I took him to where we were attack. After raising the small force to take the tunnels we came across the assassin, who seemed to have a vendetta against me. In fact, as I'm sure your guards have told you, it chased me from the sewers and into the street. Aria literally saved my neck. As the Skaven died he said something along the lines of I should tell my masters at the Ulrican Temple that Korne will not save us from them... the Skaven. That he set something in motion and we are all going to die."
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 235 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Sat 31 May 2014
at 23:53
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Standing just to the side of the tunnel as Schutzmann arrives, she waits while he questions and finally says "Who said I worshipped an man who died long ago?" she asks to Schutzmann "The closest you will see me worshipping your gods would be misinterpreting my prayers to Isha and Kurnous as your Rhya and Taal."

"However like the others say, they are Skaven, not mutant humans. They are a plague of intelligent rats that consume or destroy everything they come across. My Kithband has come across them sometimes, mostly smaller parties of a few dozen, at most 100. They use warpstone, and lots of it for weapons."

"I suggest increasing guard rotations around your church building, and in the sewers, get the dwarves if you can. Protect the Sigmarite church as well, it could be a diversion."
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 258 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 0/2
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 00:18
Re: And so Battle is Joined...


Gunnar allows himself to be led away with a minimum of fuss so long as none of them tries to lay a hand on him.

Once the others have spoken the dwarf does in fact have something to add.

"The vermin that survived our raid are dead and gone. Their hole has been burned out by my brethren making Middenheim the safer for it. You humans really ought to listen ta the dwarfs more, it would save ya a lot o' hassle and unnecessary deaths."

"I canna' say the same for the Khaine worshipers though. They likely still need some killin'."

Game Master
 GM, 472 posts
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 06:08
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Schutzmann listens to everything impassively. He then puts on a condescending tone.

"You're telling me that intelligent walking rats stalk our sewers, there's a cult worshiping a forbidden god running around ritualistically killing innocent people, the Cult of Ulric has been infiltrated by disciples of the dark gods, and the dwarfs didn't inform humanity of their intentions, but simply acted in the best interests of our common good?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Tell me, will you next say that the sky is blue or the grass is green?" asks Schutzmann with a laugh, "I am glad the Stone Lords still operate with their standard level of efficiency. Middenheim, like all cities, has its fair share of Cults of Khaine. I will send a message to the Temple of Verena that one of its investigators is needed again. As for the Cult of Ulric... they watch themselves, the Sigmarites watch them, and the Watch watches them. If a Khorne worshiper is in their ranks, we will find and eliminate him. Quitely seeing as how the Cult must be seen as being pure and not capable of having a few low ranking priests here and there corrupted. You may even be the lucky ones to find the corruption, given time. All this is nothing out of the ordinary and will be dealt with. That said, it seems that your actions with Mokton did not go unnoticed Henri" states Schutzmann, presenting a letter to you all.

"You can read it if you like, but the gist is that Father Ranulf of the Temple of Ulric officially wishes the presence of you and your retainers, Henri. One of their priests, Father Odo, has had a vision of a chaos monument that requires cleansing. He foresaw that Mokton, the White Fang, would tell them who to recruit. Mokton is still alive, thanks to you, and said that a devote worshiper of Ulric like yourself would do and no one else" he observes with a wry smile that indicates he knows Henricus is in fact a Sigmar worshiper.

"You are all to report to the Temple of Ulric in three days hence. I have no idea what this is about, but anything involving the dark gods will be brutal. I advise that you all prepare yourselves well"
Camella Catkins
 player, 184 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 09:33
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Well it's good to know that you have that all in order... oh! Almost forgot, apparently the cultists of Khaine, or maybe this cultist of Khorne infiltrating the Ulricians you speak of, might be trying to start a war between Ulricians and Sigmarites. We came across a Sigmarite confession in a smugglers den painted with the blood of many Ulricians, while above a red skull, apparently a symbol of that Elf god was painted on the ceiling." Camella added for good measure.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 259 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 0/2
Sun 1 Jun 2014
at 22:57
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar grits his teeth and points a thick finger at the semi-mummified Henry.

"The next person ta call me a retainer, a henchman, a hireling, a sidekick, or any other damn thing that implies I answer to this sprat is gonna lose some teeth if it's, by Grungni, Boris Todbringer himself!

I am my own. I chose to serve Middenheim because it is my home. That clear?"

Camella Catkins
 player, 185 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 01:50
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"To be fair Gunnar, we told that one Ulrician in the sewers that we were Henry's retainers. Don't you remember?" Camella asked politely, stepping just out of striking distance just in case the grumpy dwarf got physical.
Game Master
 GM, 473 posts
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 02:36
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"There are always forces trying to start a war between the Sigmarites and Ulricans. Tension has been up recently, I'll admit, but the watch is more than equipped to handle the job. I pick my men specifically because their loyalty lies only to the city they live in" confers Schutzmann.

"I understand, Gunri Thornbeard. All assume that you have sold your services to his lordship since you follow in his company. You'll have to excuse their ignorance" grins Schutzmann, before adding in Khazalid, "Tor'un'dak Ktar Zug..."
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 260 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 0/2
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 03:43
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
The dwarf's eyes go wide at Camella's claim.

"No, the hell, WE did not!"

Gunnar gives a shallow nod after Schutzmann speaks in Khazalid grudgingly accepting his words.

"All assume?..ridiculous! Until we have the boy's land back he's hardly even a real noble is he? Hell's bells the truth of it is HE joined ME! Well me and the Elf but that hardly matters as it was just for directions."

He looked thoughtful and cracked his knuckles.

"If the Ulricans are confused I suppose I'll just hafta clear it up with 'em."


It is notable that while he is speaking somewhat poorly of Heinricus, Gunnar seems to regard the recovery of the young noble's family holdings, with the dwarf's assistance, as inevitable.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 236 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 05:11
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"This aspect of Khaine as you know it is just a false preception taught to these poor wretches by the Druchii" She says from the back of the group. "What is it you would like us to do?" She asks.
Camella Catkins
 player, 186 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 05:57
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Well you certainly didn't rebuke my claim when I made it so you must have accepted the need to make the claim then. Regardless, just don't pick any fights with the Ulricians, especially when there might be servants of the ruinous powers afoot. After all we wouldn't want to be caught fighting one another when the gibbering hordes of chaos come a calling, now would we?" Camella said with an exasperated sigh, Dwarfs and their grudges, Elves and their snootiness, and Humans and their deep seeded corruption. Why couldn't they all be like Halflings and enjoy the good things in life, like fornication and food?

This message was last edited by the player at 05:58, Mon 02 June 2014.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 261 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 16/16, FP 0/2
Mon 2 Jun 2014
at 17:58
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar looked mildly offended.

"Pick a fight? I don't pick fights. I reward those who have earned a fight with the much deserved fruits of their labors. Anythin' else would just be rude."

He continued with a thoughtful smile enjoying the fact that he was talking over Aria's question.

"Truth is though if it would really draw out the Enemy like ya say I'd throw down with the whole Knight's Panther with my left hand and the White Wolves with my right.

Whoa be to the skull worshippin' shitbag that tried to break up that party, eh?

Doubt it'll be that easy though."

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 124 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 02:06
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinricus had stayed quiet, still quite wounded and not as steady on his feet as he tried to act. "Herr Thornbeard is right, he is not my retainer or follower, but I hope to think he is becoming a friend with what we have been through. He is right though, Camella and I joined with he and the Elf. And if it were not for his presence I would have perished many times over." Heinricus took to few perilous steps toward the desk, started to stumble and reached out to steady himself on the desk. "You'll have to forgive me Herr, I'm afraid I am still under the effects of Skaven poison." He reached out and took the offered letter. He turned to the group. "Would you like to see this through? I intend to visit the trip, and would feel safer with you three by my side."
Camella Catkins
 player, 187 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 03:08
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Not saying he is a retainer, only that he allowed a Ulrician to believe he was, so he shouldn't be surprised if the lie endured. Camella said mostly to Henry before answering his question. "To be frank Henry, you're in no position to walk anywhere, you need a couple days bed rest at the very least, preferably a couple weeks for full recovery." Camella added giving her personal medical opinion as she walked over to his side. "Even then you might till need a cane."
Game Master
 GM, 475 posts
Tue 3 Jun 2014
at 03:50
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Schutzmann lets this go on until he sees an opening.

"Thornbeard, your enemies are the same as ours. I will send a runner ahead to inform them you are no retainer, but a proud dwarf who travels with Heinricus since he leads you to your ancestral enemies. The summons says as soon as possible, but a day's rest may be in order. In fact, considering the way you lot smell after spending time in the sewers, it may be for the best" grimaces Schutzmann, "Tomorrow at 2 bells after noon, you will be there" he adds in a tone that allows for no disagreement.

"One last thing... thank you for the information. I shall put it to good use, have no fear. Do not mention that there could a Khorne Cultist in the ranks of the Temple of Ulric. You'll find you won't make many allies here if you do that" observes Schutzmann, "Also, feel free to use my warrant to get past the tolls at the gates. I have a feeling that you'll be needing your coins for provision" he finishes, fishing in his drawer before taking out a small bag of gold.

"This may help as well, friends" he adds displaying surprising warmth.

OOC: You all get 20gc to split