And so Battle is Joined...   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 115 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Mon 7 Apr 2014
at 18:57
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Shield wall should slowly back up, retreating to the surface. It won't follow us there." He whispered to the man carrying him,  hoping more than knowing what he was talking about. He was coming more out of his stupor, and getting ready to walk on his own.
Game Master
 GM, 455 posts
Wed 9 Apr 2014
at 22:39
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Rest now, my lord. The dwarfs have it under control" whispers Kristoff to Heinricus as he runs a bit faster, seeing the sunlight.

Camella and Aria see nothing.

OOC: Yes, you must roll, Gunnar.

The shield wall stays in place, unable to hear Heirncius. Meanwhile Ulgi reappears directly behind them and shouts something in Khazalid, fumbling within the pockets of his chain coat.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 224 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Thu 10 Apr 2014
at 03:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 90 using 1d100. Perception. This Fucking Dice Roller!

Aria continues to look for the rat but can't see a thing.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 251 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 23:54
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"No escape for ye ye breathin' rat turd!!"

Gunnar roars and brings his pickaxe down in a murderous arc directly at the skaven assassin's head!
Game Master
 GM, 457 posts
Sun 13 Apr 2014
at 23:57
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Snikkit Blackblade parries the attack upon him. None the less, he is driven back by the sheer force of the blow. Snikkit returns the favor by attempting to attack Gunnar, but he is unable to penetrate the dwarf's defense. He continues to hold out in the shadows.

OOC: Perception test is at 3 degrees of success required.

The shieldwall holds. Meanwhile, the dwarf Ulgi begins to throw things into the distance and you hear the sound of glass shattering. You cannot be sure what he is doing.

OOC: I realized that this is basically a seesaw-style combat with one side going and then the other. Therefore no need for this madness
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 226 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 00:10
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 29 using 1d100 with rolls of 29. Perception. 1.7Dos failure to see.
Aria continues to look for the Skaven to no effect.
Camella Catkins
 player, 176 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Mon 14 Apr 2014
at 02:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
After what felt like a lifetime peering into the darkness, Camella finally spots the damnable rat and with a grin flings her stone at the hairy wall crawling varmint.

OOC: FINALLY! Camella Catkins rolled 19 using 1d100. Perception 55. I see London I see France!

21:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 10 using 1d100. BS 50 Reroll. If I'm not mistaken that's a natural head shot no?

21:10, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 5 using 1d10+3. Damage.

Game Master
 GM, 458 posts
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 01:39
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Camella manages to pelt the Skaven with a rock. All you most of you hear is a squeak in the distance that sounds more angry and insulted than anything else.

OOC: Your move, Gunnar! At that point we go to round 4
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 227 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 01:45
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria continues to look about uselessly.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 253 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 01:54
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
...and Gunnar spends another round fanning about and roaring.
Game Master
 GM, 459 posts
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 03:44
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Snikkit takes advantage of the dark to strike at Gunnar, slicing at the dwarf's left arm. Meanwhile he attempts to hide with slightly less success.

OOC: Only two degrees of success required!

The shieldwall holds, none of the dwarfs moving. Meanwhile, Goldut continues throwing vials and shouts "Fire!"
Camella Catkins
 player, 177 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Tue 15 Apr 2014
at 07:36
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"That sounds rather ominous." Camella said in reference to the distant yelling and mention of fire before turning her attention back toward the shadows, then to her wounded comrade as her luck with spotting the damned rat wanes. "Step back here and let me get a look at that." She commanded Gunnar from behind the shield wall, possibly even dragging him behind the other dwarfs if need be before quickly bandaging his arm.

OOC: Also, I forget if I asked this or not but would Night Vision help at all down here?
02:27, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 48 using 1d100. Per 55, 2 DoS.
02:34, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 62 using 1d100. Heal 65.
02:34, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 9 using 1d10. Wounds.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 254 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 10/16, FP 1/2
Thu 17 Apr 2014
at 07:43
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar tries to use his head faking as if he still can't see the ratman and then suddenly bringing the pickaxe down at the assassin's left arm.

OOC: Going for a feint. Opposed WS test. If Snikkit loses he gets no active defense vs Gunnar's next attack. Unfortunately he will have to fail by three degrees or more to lose.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 230 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 21 Apr 2014
at 01:33
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria takes aim with her bow, now finally able to see the bastard rat and looses an arrow at the rat-things head.

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 6 using 1d100. Perception (46). HOLY SHIT! I CAN SEE!!!
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 11 using 1d100. archery (49) Called shot head.
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 10 using 1d10+3. damage.

Game Master
 GM, 462 posts
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 02:33
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Snikkit dodges gunnar's pike axe and manages to ram himself straight into Aria's arrow. It bounces off his head, leaving a deep furrow across the snout. The Skaven howls in rage and looks to Aria.

"Damn it you stupid elf!" shouts Ulgi in rage, "Wrong fire! Wrong fire!" he cries as Camella vainly tries to pull Gunnar back to the line of Shieldbreakers, seeming to have understood what the wise dwarf was getting at.

At this, Snikkit lets forth a laugh and jumps to the ceiling.

"Foolish Dwarf-Meat! Snikkit Blackblade is smarter than you!" cries Snikkit, dropping something to the floor. At this point, the entire world around the three of you becomes alight. Fire whooshes up from where Snikkit once stood, blinding eyes and sending smoke billowing out

OOC: A Routine (+10) Agility test for all of you, save Henri, to avoid catching on fire! Suffocation rules apply while you are near the fire. Finaly, all vision tests are at -20 to detect Snikkit. 1's are automatic successes as per the rules of GM'ing since the dawn of time

As to the Skaven's next move, there can be no doubt. You hear an echoing clink on the ceiling and he shouts, "Heinricus-foe! I am coming for you!"

"Damn it" mutters Kristoff, dropping Heinricus near the mouth of the sewer tunnel. Heinricus at this point has recovered enough to stand and move on his own volition, if he is a bit weak.

"My lord, run! I will cover your retreat" cries Kristoff, assuming a defensive stance. The smoke has yet to reach near the sewer tunnel entrance and the area naturally funnels, making it somewhat defensible.

"Fucking hell... I blame the elf for this!" cries Gutrik from somewhere.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 02:34, Wed 23 Apr 2014.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 231 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 04:08
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Arianrhod quickly jumps back from the flames, but loses sight of the rat in the haze of smoke. "Why is it my fault dwarf, I never light that fire."


Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 42 using 1d100 with rolls of 42. Dodge Fire (62). 2 DoS
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 51 using 1d100 with rolls of 51. Perception . (26) fail

Camella Catkins
 player, 178 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 12:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Barely escaping the flames herself, Camella looks around to find Gunnar and finally treat that nasty gash and any other wounds he might have earned from the fire bomb. "Gunnar you thick skulked dwarf, when I tug on your collar that means you're supposed to step back behind the line so I can treat your wounds, idjit. Now be still so that I can treat you, otherwise I'll knock you upside the head and have one of your others carry you out of here." Camella chides him like a worried mother would as she sets to work.

OOC: 07:05, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 24 using 1d100. Agi+10=45.
Assuming I have to reroll my heal check.
07:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 50 using 1d100. Heal 65.
07:08, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 4 using 1d10. Wnds.

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 117 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 18:04
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinri stumbled to his feet. He glanced back at the battle, and heard the faint sound of claws on the stone ceiling. He was the target, and if he got away then maybe the rat-man would leave. He began hobbling as quick as he could moving toward the entrance of the sewers. As he neared, he would begin yelling for the guard.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 255 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 14/16, FP 0/2
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 19:49
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Unable to see the ratman scum through the flames Gunnar moves back and agrees to allow Camella to see to his wounds.

He is, of course, currently on fire and trying to use an old miner's trick to put out the flames (rolling in and covering himself with dirt).
Game Master
 GM, 464 posts
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 02:19
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria and Camella are both capable of dodging the fire. Gunnar is not so lucky and set alight. Two Shieldbreakers assist Gunnar in putting himself out while the rest turn around and start marching forwards.

OOC: A +20 bonus to your test to put yourself out, Gunnar.

Camella finds herself unable to heal Gunnar due to the not-so-small issue he is currently in flames.

Meanwhile Henricus manages to stumble out to daylight. He is in the middle of an alley and sees that the injured men, dwarfs, and halflings have managed to get into the main thoroughfare and are attracting quite a bit of attention. Two watchmen peel off from the group of them surrounding your allies, finding Henri's urgent screams a whole lot more interesting. Henri manages to make it halfway through the alley, running full kilter, before he starts feeling his sides burn from the exertion.

In the meantime, Kristoff begins a shout of "For Hen..." that dies stillborn on his lips. You only hear a sickening moaning sound and someone thrashing on the ground. Snikkit Blackblade is no longer using sleeping poison.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 232 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 02:25
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Aria stays near the rearguard of the group trying to find the Skaven

Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 48 using 1d100. Perception (46).
Camella Catkins
 player, 179 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 10/10 , FP: 1/3
Wed 30 Apr 2014
at 03:14
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"If it's not attacking us anymore it's likely gone after Henricus." Camella tells Aria as she does her best to help put Gunnar out, who has suddenly become aggravatingly injury prone.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 118 posts
 Human Noble
 3/10
Sun 18 May 2014
at 15:03
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Beastmen... in the sewer..." He said clutching the pain in his side and regretting his decision to run. "Only one left... the leader... kill him and the attacks will stop... the mercenaries I hired need reinforced!"
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 256 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 W 14/16, FP 0/2
Sun 25 May 2014
at 22:12
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
18:09, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 47 using 1d100. Putting out the fire (+20).

No test for putting out the flames once your on fire is specified in the books so I just rolled. You'll have to let me know if it worked or not.


"Bollocks!"

Gunnar's normally astounding conversational skills are somewhat hindered as he rolls in the dirt with Camella beating at the flames.
Game Master
 GM, 465 posts
Tue 27 May 2014
at 14:21
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar puts himself out with the help of Camella, the flames upon him dispersing under the rain of dirt. Two Shieldbreakers rush forwards and help move them back into safety as the flames begin to intensify. It is getting hard to breath between the sweltering heat and the rising smoke. At least the flames make it easy to tell which direction to head in to get to safety. Meanwhile Aria sees where the Skaven is heading and rushes forwards after him.

The two watchmen stand in hesitation for a moment, before grabbing their cudgel.

"Rest easy, sir, we will take care of this" states one of the watchmen with only the merest tremble in his voice. With a steely look of determination, the two begin their march towards the tunnel's entrance, ready for combat. Two daggers shoot out from the smoke at the tunnel's entrance, taking the watchmen in the throat and chest respectively. They both fall back, hitting the back of their heads against the floor, and begin convulsing with white foam coming out of their mouths.

Snikkit Blackblade steps out of the smoke, a cruelly serrated sword-length blade in his hand. His black cloak and leather armor is torn and burnt, ashes falling off of it like black snow. The area between his snout and right eye has a deep furrow upon it that bleeds and mattes its dark fur. The black cloth on his left shin is a strange, off-black color from pooling blood. There are areas of fur on his arms that are gone, leaving only bright red burns in their place. His black eyes are dilated and small red blood vessels peek out from them. His entire body moves with erratic jerks, as though he were under the influence of some kind of drug. His chest heaves, his ears are fully erect, and his teeth are fully exposed in something that is the most frighteningly smile you have seen.

"Heinricus-Foe!" cries Snikkit, "This ends now!" he shouts in challenge. Looking down at himself, Henricus can see that the Skaven is just as badly injured as he is, his comrades having taken a toll upon the creature. It will all be over soon one way or another.

The watchmen, having watched two of their comrades slain out of hand and seeing a large group of people gathered, decide discretion is the better part of valor. They begin to herd the crowds away with shouts of Beastman and Clear the area.