And so Battle is Joined...   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 423 posts
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 03:45
And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (3; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
Tumas
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel


Those of Heinricus's group don't have to go far before they hear the sound of combat and see three terriers running past them as fast as their legs can carry them. Coming across a turn you see that there's a large group of Skaven Slaves rising from the blood soaked ground. Two Dwarfs in Chaimail have fallen, though not easily if the truly spectacular number of stab wounds present on their bodies is anything to go by. There are two badly hurt and one unscathed, black clad Skaven warriors trapped between the a group of Sewer Jacks consisting of three Halflings and a badly bleeding human. Behind them are five Nightrunners.

"Just what in the hell..." begins someone

"Quickly now! Attack!" cries Tumas.

"Humans? What are they doing here?" asks a scholarly looking Dwarf named Ulgi.

"The same thing that they always do. Wait until the last moment, after we Dwarfs have done all the hard work, and then show up to claim victory" laughs a menacing looking dwarf named Gutrik.

"Heinricus-Foe!" cries a high pitched voice that seems to echo from everywhere, "I knew you would be being tricky-sneak! Foolish man-things! You cannot out think Snikkit Blackblade!" continues on the voice. From a side tunnel another six Nightrunners rush out to attack your group.

***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (3; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
Tumas
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


"If you're so smart, why did you just give away your ambush?" laughs Tumas. His only reply is two throwing daggers striking out from the ceiling and smacking into his body.

"And now I know you're on the ceiling" shouts up Tumas, earning a series of what you can only assume are curses, before the man's knees weaken and he falls to the floor. He lifts his head.

"And now my allies know... you... use... poison" he moans, before passing out to chittering laughter.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
->Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
Sewer Jacks (3; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Three of the Skaven attack a Shieldbearer and miss horribly. The other four divided up two-by-two to attack a Sewer Jack each. One misses, while another manages to lop off a halfling's head, sending it spiraling back into the Skaven Slave corpses. The badly wounded man manages to fend off the other Skaven attacking him, barely bringing his buckler up in time to send the sword flying away.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded; 1 badly wounded)
->Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


"Fight your way to the dwarfs and turn!" cries Glindly, "Charge!" he cries, leading the remaining halfling and man a part of his group forwards.

Glindly uses his body as a battering ram, smashing into the groin of a Skaven. It curls up and he reaches the safety of the dwarf lines, turning around to strike but being unable to find an opening. The halfling with him, Smiling Uli, manages to break through and has much more success at killing his Nightrunner. His short sword stabs upwards, piercing the Skaven's groin. With a squeak it falls to the ground, dying. The man is unable to push his way through, not even whilst using his sword.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
->Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


The Skaven Slaves, all rising to the ground, jump atop the Shieldbreakers attempting to grapple them. Amazingly, one is able to find purchase and pin a Shieldbreaker in the front line to the ground. The other ten do nothing more than annoy the Shieldbreakers who shout abuses in Khazlaid.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
->Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
Tumas
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Ulgi and his two unburdened Shieldbreakers are unable to land a solid blow on the Nightrunners, shielding the Sewer Jacks with their bodies. The Shieldbreaker pinned by the Skaven Slave is unable to shake himself loose.

The five Shieldbearers and Gutrik all miss the Skaven Slaves entirely, somehow. The cursing in Khazlaid increases.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 99 posts
 Human Noble
 10/10
Sun 29 Dec 2013
at 06:55
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
"Skaven Slaves! We can free you, return you with us to the surface, just assist us in killing off the former ratmen who have wronged you!" Heinricus said, drawing his rapier and Main-Gauche and charging with Glindy to strike at the nearest of the skaven.




11:23, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 5 using 1d10+2. Rapier damage.
11:22, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 9 using 1d100. Charge 53.
11:15, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 67 using 1d100. Command 22.
11:15, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 18 using 1d100. Charm 45.

Game Master
 GM, 426 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 00:46
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Henry's words do not sway the Skaven slaves who continue on.

"Slave-slaves do not speak-talk human-tongue, stupid man-idiot!" laughs Snikkit

"A good thing too, manling, or we'd have to kill you for consorting with Skaven" cries Ulgi, before saying something in Khazalid.

Henry's attack, meanwhile, is more successful and he manages to draw blood from one of the oncoming Nightrunners.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 189 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 30 Dec 2013
at 03:47
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 55 using 1d100. BS (49).
Ariarnhod Andraste rolled 83 using 1d100. Per test (56).


Arianrhod looks for the Assassin but can't seem to find it and when she looses an arrow it misses slightly.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 218 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 16/16
Tue 31 Dec 2013
at 22:23
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Gunnar swings and misses again (this is getting ridiculous).
Camella Catkins
 player, 135 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 21:26
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
With the first of their mercenaries injured, Camella set to work doing all she could for the brave Halfling, silently cursing herself for not having an antitoxin kit on hand as she removed the poisoned knives and set about bandaging his wounds. "Now is definitely not the time to be passing out Tumas, I can treat your wounds, but you'll have to fight the poison as best you can if you want the rest of your payment tonight." Camella tactfully reminds Tumas of what awaits him tonight, hopefully lighting a fire in him to survive the foul Skaven toxin running through his veins.

OOC: 15:13, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 31 using 1d100. Heal 65.
15:14, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 6 using 1d10. Wounds recovered.

Game Master
 GM, 429 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2014
at 23:48
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


Camella examines Tumas and does what she can.


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
->The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (6)


"In the name of Sigmar! Charge!" cries Johann, the three Black Blood Brothers running forth. Their axes are incredibly unwieldy and only a single blade manages to strike its target, injuring the Nightrunner.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
->Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 injured)


"In the Name of Sigmar! Strike!" cries Sigsmund of the Ostlanders. All three, despite exposing themselves to counter attacks in their haste to murder the abomination, are unable to harm a single Skaven.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
->Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly injured)


Kristoff does not give a single cry. He simply rushes towards the Nightrunners and stabs into the leg of the injured Nightrunner. It lets forth a cry of pain, obviously badly wounded, and begins to try and crawl away. Kristoff meanwhile gets himself into a defensive position.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
->Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly injured)


Pavel attacks the Nightrunner that Henry had charged, managing to smack it in the chest. The Skaven in unharmed, merely grunting. It is at this point that


***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
->Skaven Nightrunners (5; 1 badly injured)


The badly injured Nightrunner runs off, trailing blood behind it. The other five begins attacking with a high-pitched squee of terror.

The three Skaven ignore the boisterous Black Blood Brothers, uncaring of their axes which they can barely bring to bear on their opponents. They instead attack the overextended Ostlanders. Two of them manages to land attacks on each of the Black Blood Brothers. The one remains unharmed, chanting a hymn to Sigmar, while the other is cut slightly on the left shoulder, but otherwise shows no sign of injury.

***TURN ORDER***
->Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


The Skaven Assassin says something in its debased language that you cannot understand. Something seems to change among the Skaven.

It is at this point that two further throwing daggers go flying out at Henry. One misses him and the other is unable to draw blood.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
->Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2; 1 badly wounded)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (3)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


Three of the Skaven fall upon the badly wounded Sewer Jack. The first two miss, the Sewer Jack able to keep them at bay. The third, however, is able to get a hold of the man's hair and slit his throat. He dies, gurgling and writhing around on the ground. They then make a run for it, starting to flee from the Shieldbreakers. The other four cease to assault the Shieldbreakers all together, instead charging the Ostlanders. One of them falls, unable to keep defending himself against the masses of Skaven. He dies with a prayer to Sigmar on his lips.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
->Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


Glindly and his last surviving Halfling both turn and attack the Skaven Slaves. They both miss, shouting out a variety of colorful profanities.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
->Skaven Slaves (11)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (7)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


The Slaves all turn on one and attack the Shieldbreaker who is being held. The Shieldbreaker dies under a barrage of fists, claws, and bites. The slaves then surge forth to continue to attack the Shieldbreakers.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (11)
->Ulgi
->Gutrik
->Shieldbreakers (6)
Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)


"Damnation! After them, Dwarfs!" cries Ulgi, motioning for his two Shieldbreakers to follow him.

"Damn it, Ulgi! We do not have the time for this!" cries Gutrik, "The slaves will overwhelm us. The manlings can stand on their own" he adds.

"Aye" sighs Ulgi, launching himself again the Skaven Slaves.

Ulgi misses, while Gutrik brutally slashes one of the Skaven across the stomach before almost wrenching its arm off. The Shieldbreakers have less success, only managing to wound three of the Skaven Slaves.

***TURN ORDER***
Skaven Assassin
Skaven Nightrunners (6; 1 wounded)
Sewer Jacks (2)
Skaven Slaves (8; 3 injured)
Ulgi
Gutrik
Shieldbreakers (6)
->Gunnar/Aria/Camella/Heinricus
The Black Blood Brothers (3)
Ostlanders (2)
Kristoff
Pavel
Skaven Nightrunners (5)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:13, Thu 02 Jan 2014.

Camella Catkins
 player, 136 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wounds 10/10
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 00:51
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
With Tumas unconscious but alive and his wounds bandaged, Camella readied her sling as she began to look along the ceiling for the Skaven Assassin that Tumas had so bravely exposed.

OOC: 18:46, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 77 using 1d100. Perception 55+20=75.
Game Master
 GM, 430 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2014
at 01:11
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Camella looks around.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 102 posts
 Human Noble
 10/10
Sat 4 Jan 2014
at 17:28
Re: And so Battle is Joined...
Heinricus did his best to disengage from the skaven he fought, prepared to skew the rat that kept throwing things at him, worried he'd catch a poisoned knife to the back. Once disengaged, he looked around for that skaven.





Full action: Disengage
FP half action: Attack
Ok, my WS is 43 so I'm off by 15... so unless I get some modifier, like that little shit not being able to move for being stuck on the ceiling... or someone else attacks, I miss.

12:26, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 10 using 1d10+2. Damage? .

12:25, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 58 using 1d100. Attack .

12:25, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 20 using 1d100. Perception.