The Shrine in the Forest.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Camella Catkins
 player, 241 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 9/10 , FP: 1/3
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 05:27
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
"Well... if that ain't both disconcerting and fortuitous. Though I would highly suggest handing me the necklace, as my kin are far more resilient to the touch of Chaos than any others." Camella she said in response to the skeletons' assault being ceased before giving her suggestion to Henry, holding out a hand to the human noble.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 158 posts
 Human Noble
 HP 10/10 FP 0/2
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 14:48
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Heinri gathers up the tarnished helm, and placed the wrapped amulet inside. "I will be glad to be gone from this place." He said, kicking the coffin over, letting the armor and greatsword into the damaging blood so that it will be concealed and difficult to retrieve.
Game Master
 GM, 559 posts
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 15:46
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
After Heinricus kicks over the coffin the entire room begins to shake, then abruptly stops. At this point all of the skeletons begin to rise at once, the door flies open, the blood fountain begins spraying the room with dreadful force, and the walls all are untouchable as the torches flare up with a vengeance, guaranteeing to singe anyone that gets close.

OOC: You have one free action before initiative rolls begin. There are thirty-five skeletons
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 159 posts
 Human Noble
 HP 10/10 FP 0/2
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 16:08
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
"Move move move!" Heinri said, making his way past the skeletons and toward the door.


OOC: Oops.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 286 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9 W 1/2 FP
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 16:47
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Aria flys to the door and makes sure it stays open until the others can get out.
Camella Catkins
 player, 242 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 9/10 , FP: 1/3
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 19:28
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Makes haste, moving as fast as her smaller legs can take her. "Don't need to tell me twice!"
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 312 posts
 Dwarf Shieldbreaker
 W 14/16, FP 1/2
Thu 2 Oct 2014
at 19:30
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Gunnar takes off for the door at maximum dwarf velocity which will likely put him in the back of the group rather than the front as he had intended but haste is called for.
Game Master
 GM, 560 posts
Fri 3 Oct 2014
at 00:41
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Aria makes it out of the room with remarkable alacrity, clearing the threshold and half of the way through the next room. She is covered in the burning blood, which cannot be good for her, especially after the beating she has taken.


Camella is close behind the elf and, even though the larger creature outpaces her, she is still able to make it a quarter of the way through the room. She is splattered with blood and smoke rises from her as she's burnt from it.


Meanwhile Gunnar and Heinricus, who was on the opposite end of the room as the door, make it to the doorway, trailing behind the elf and surprisingly nimble halfling. They both are hit with burning blood, Heinricus seeming to have grown accustomed to it.
Game Master
 GM, 562 posts
Sat 4 Oct 2014
at 18:13
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
OOC:

***INITIATIVE ORDER***
Aria (61)
Camella (42)
Skeletons (38)
Heinricus (37)
Gunnar (24)


The skeletons rise to the surface, all of them facing the door that you all just departed from.
Camella Catkins
 player, 243 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 8/10 , FP: 1/3
Wed 8 Oct 2014
at 10:15
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Well Camella ain't about to stop in the middle of a room full of burning blood so she keeps running to get to the other side, knowing all too well there's probably a very bad joke hidden somewhere in all of this.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 288 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Wed 8 Oct 2014
at 14:48
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Aria keeps up with Cam in case the halfling needs any assistance.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 315 posts
 Dwarf Shieldbreaker
 W 13/16, FP 1/2
Wed 8 Oct 2014
at 21:53
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Once the manling is gone Gunnar will stomp after the group proceeding out of the 'Blood and Fire' room as quickly as possible.
Game Master
 GM, 567 posts
Sat 11 Oct 2014
at 07:13
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Aria has no difficulty keeping up with Camella and the two almost make it out of the room, standing near the threshold. Were it not for the halfling, the elf certainly could have made her way.

One skeleton shoots through the doorway after Gunnar and Heinricus while the others are forced to carefully approach one at a time. The skeleton who got out makes a beeline towards Heinricus and attempts to bowl him over. Heinricus manages to keep his feet, but stumbles slightly. Gunnar runs about a third of the way through the room.

OOC: Toughness tests!

A single wound for everyone, except Gunnar. Aria, your lucky dice rolls on criticals will run out eventually... Heinricus, it's your go

Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 162 posts
 Human Noble
 HP 8/10 FP 0/2
Sat 11 Oct 2014
at 15:01
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Heinri's thin blade would be more than useless against the skeleton so he simply did his best to avoid the creature and get by it to follow the Elf and Halfling to the exit.


Full Action: Disengage
11:00, Today: Heinricus Von Otger rolled 58 using 1d100. Toughness 32

Game Master
 GM, 568 posts
Sat 11 Oct 2014
at 15:57
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Heinricus manages to get about halfway across the room, still trailing behind the dynamic duo of Camella and Aria.
Game Master
 GM, 570 posts
Sun 12 Oct 2014
at 23:59
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
OOC: Well, if everyone plans to run...

Aria and Camella manage to make it through the threshold of the 'blood and fire' room, heading into the twin-room with all due speed and making it a fifth of the way through. A second skeleton enters the room and both of them make their way to Heinricus, attempting to batter him to the ground and finish him off. The first one almost knocks Heinricus to the floor, while the second misses him entirely. This only lends speed to Heinricus who manages to flee through the threshold of the twin-room. Gunnar makes it to the threshold of the 'blood and fire room' in the meantime and remains unhurt, the dwarf's constitution beyond a simple bit of Chaos Magick.

Camella and Aria make it to the threshold of the entrance hallway from the twin-room. Meanwhile Gunnar is assault by all three skeletons at once, taking some damage in his flight.

OOC: Gunnar takes 5 wounds total, reducing him to 8

Gunnar manages to reach the threshold, while Heinricus croses it, finally entering the twin-room. At this point, four Skeletons assault Gunnar, attempting to prevent him from leaving. Neither are able to pierce the dwarf's defenses and he manages to cross over with ease. As he does so, Aria and Camella reach the entrance hall and Heinricus makes it halfway through the room. Gunnar charges through, making it about a quarter of the way through the twin-room. The skeletons pursue all of you, the one making it over the threshold trying to bring Gunnar to the ground with less than satisfactory results. Gunnar makes it about three-quarter of the way through the room, while Heinricus joins the two ladies in the entrance hallway. Aria and Camella then have no problem leaving the monolith, rushing out through the entrance. Two skeletons attack Gunnar without a bit of success. Both Heinricus and Gunnar make a mad dash and are able to leave the temple to Khorne, joining the girls.

While you are all outside you hear a snapping noise and look up to see the bronze obelisk fall. Aria and Camella are able to get out of the way without any difficulty, while Gunnar and Heinricus are not so lucky.

OOC: Unless you lot have Fortune Points to spend to re-roll the agility test... Heinricus takes 11 damage (8 after reduction) and Gunnar takes 18 (11 after reduction).

Heinricus is knocked to the ground and has a 20% chance of bleeding out unless a trained medical professional helps him. Camella, I do believe you qualify :P. Feel free to RP this. Also, Heinricus, you are officially on death's doorstep.

Gunnar, you're knocked to the ground and are at -30 to all tests for one round. You have to use a stand action to regain your feet, but I do not imagine this causing you problems.

You both pass your Willpower tests and resist gaining insanity points. Aria, I realize now that I didn't roll your 2 Willpower tests for insanity... you fail both and gain two insanity points.


Heinricus and Gunnar are both badly injured by the falling monolith, but nothing that cannot be undone by a compotent medical professional. You're now all outside the temple and the skeletons can only shake their fists at you before returning to their dwellings. You've survived. Magnar is nowhere to be seen, the forest is eerily silent, and it will be nightfall by the time you make it back to the inn. The sun is beginning to go down already.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 318 posts
 Dwarf Shieldbreaker
 W 13/16, FP 1/2
Mon 13 Oct 2014
at 03:52
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
23:50, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 13 using 1d20. FP re-fail on Ag Test (21).

Fortune Point reroll attempted and by Grungni's swingin' balls he made it! Gunnar made an Agility test! Woot!

I was so sure it was pointless I labeled it a "re-fail" on the die roller.

Game Master
 GM, 572 posts
Mon 13 Oct 2014
at 09:24
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Gunnar manages to roll away from the monolith, while Heinricus is not so lucky. The Dwarf seems to be impervious to harm and stands triumphant against the enemy.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 319 posts
 Dwarf Shieldbreaker
 W 8/16, FP 0/2
Mon 13 Oct 2014
at 21:07
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
"Where the f**k is Magnar?" Gunnar looks around.

He knows that Doc will attend to Henry and with Aria badly injured that leaves securing the area to him.


OOC: Not quite impervious. I had not updated my info. It's fixed now.
Camella Catkins
 player, 246 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 7/10 , FP: 1/3
Tue 14 Oct 2014
at 02:37
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Falling on her knees Camella catches her breath in the relatively cool air outside the tomb, setting Gunnar's lantern down next to herself, which was apparently just far enough from the obelisk that she was in no peril as it fell. However her comrade Henry was not nearly so lucky, or so it would appear, so after taking a few more calming breaths to ease her racing heart and steady her hands she helps the human out of the rubble before tending to what wounds he had received from the toppling spire and stopping the flow of his life's blood. "That certainly got the heart pumpin." She said with a smile to Henry as she ensured his pumping heart would not cease this day.

And once she was done with their bleeding friend she began to tend to everyone else's injuries in order of severity with herself being last, and Gunnar second to last.

OOC: I rolled wounds for Henry and Aria out of habit, but if they are both heavily wounded, then they should recover at least two wounds. While Henry is, unless I missed something, no longer bleeding.

21:27, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 22 using 1d100. Heal Henry.
21:27, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 7 using 1d10. Wounds Henry.

21:27, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 53 using 1d100. Heal Aria.
21:27, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 3 using 1d10. Wounds Aria.

21:28, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 10 using 1d10. Wounds Gunnar.
21:28, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 5 using 1d100. Heal Gunnar.

21:28, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 23 using 1d100. Heal Self.
21:28, Today: Camella Catkins rolled 1 using 1d10. Wounds Self.

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 320 posts
 Dwarf Shieldbreaker
 W 16/16, FP 0/2
Tue 14 Oct 2014
at 04:49
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
"Will he live?" The Dwarf asks as his own wounds are bound.


OOC: Ok so pretty close to impervious...as long as Doc's around.
Camella Catkins
 player, 248 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 8/10 , FP: 1/3
Tue 14 Oct 2014
at 05:22
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
"So long as we get out of here alive he will." She said jokingly. "Just a nasty gash from the falling rocks, nothing some bandages and rest can't fix." She said to reassure the dwarf that their human friend wouldn't be going anywhere soon.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 164 posts
 Human Noble
 HP 8/10 FP 0/2
Tue 14 Oct 2014
at 16:38
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
Heinri had been all smiles as they made their way through the threshold of the dungeon and made it the few feet from the entrance. That is until the monolith gave out, partial crushing the young noble. He screamed for an isntant before he was knocked out by the pain. He came to once Camella worked her magic. "Dear Sigmar... that hurts." He said,  "It seems I owe you thanks yet again, Cam." He groaned, and struggled to sit up.



OOC: GM what are the injuries? Anything lasting?
Game Master
 GM, 574 posts
Tue 14 Oct 2014
at 16:54
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
OOC: No lasting injuries other than being sore for a long, long while
Game Master
 GM, 575 posts
Wed 15 Oct 2014
at 02:16
Re: The Shrine in the Forest
OOC: I hope you don't mind me moving things along, one and all

Heinricus, Camella, Aria, and Gunnar limp back to the inn.