A Dark Storm Cometh.   Posted by Game Master.Group: 0
Game Master
 GM, 576 posts
Wed 15 Oct 2014
at 03:01
A Dark Storm Cometh
It is almost dark when you finally get into sight of The Sleeping Wolf inn, bestial howls and yelps of rage plaguing you ever step of the way. You keep thinking that there is something following you, but whenever you turn around there is nothing there. Each of your footsteps seems to find a branch to crack, a pile of leaves to disturb, or a fallen tree/rock to bump against. Not a single animal makes a noise, making all your mess ups all the worse and the screams of what can only be beastmen all the louder. In the distance you hear the ominous crack of thunder. The air briefly freshens with the distinct scent of newly fallen rain, which would be a good thing were it not capable of obscuring the musky smell that emanates from the beasts when they get near. You keep thinking there is something following you, but every time you look around you see nothing. Is it real or is it your imagination?

The sentry on duty tonight quickly ushers you in. He has a nervous look on his face keeps casting glances from behind you towards the foreboding forest as he opens the door.

"Somethings gone and riled up the beasties growls the sentry, Edgar, "Get in. Fast!" he hisses, almost shoving Henri in since he's moving slowly. Inside there are eleven patrons. They all are talking nervously and two serving girls are rushing alcohol out. There are three bouncers who keep giving nervous glances out the barred windows.

"No fear!" cries Hans, Sjkorfic Ulricson and his band of Wolf-Kin will be back to save us! Just you wait!" he yells, trying to keep morale up.

Before any of you mention the fact that the Wolf-Kin is dead and his head adorns a pike near a monument to the Blood God you just disgraced, one of the eleven patrons stands up. He is a fellow elf, dressed in the Kithband garb you as so used to seeing on Ariarnhod. His face is contorted in a snarl of pure rage and, judging by the stiff way he moves, you can tell he has been in combat.

"My name is Lorinc Leaf-Whisper and you will pay for your crimes, devil-woman!" screeches Lorinc in a fit of rage, throwing himself at Ariarnhod with haste. The three bouncers look around and approach, seemingly relieved to have something to do to take their minds off of the impending storm and the cries of the wild beasts outside the walls of the inn.

OOC: Initiative time!

22:50, Today: Game Master, for the NPC Lorinc Leaf-Whisper, rolled 66 using 1d10+58.
22:50, Today: Game Master, on behalf of Ariarnhod Andraste, rolled 54 using 1d10+52
22:51, Today: Game Master, on behalf of Camella Catkins, rolled 41 using 1d10+35.
22:51, Today: Game Master, on behalf of Gunnar Thornbeard, rolled 27 using 1d10+21
22:52, Today: Game Master, on behalf of Heinricus Von Otger, rolled 39 using 1d10+36.
22:52, Today: Game Master, for the NPC Bouncers, rolled 39 using 1d10+35.

***TURN ORDER***
->Lorinc
Aria
Camella
Heinricus
Bouncers
Gunnar


Lorinc launches a badly aimed punch at Aria, missing the other wounded elf. The dodge and the punch are both faster than any human can move and all of you feel like you're moving in slow motion as you watch the two.

OOC: Your go Aria. You may attempt a Charm test to make him stop. The amount your impacted by this is dependent upon the plea you deliver

***TURN ORDER***
Lorinc
->Aria
Camella
Heinricus
Bouncers
Gunnar

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 03:01, Wed 15 Oct 2014.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 298 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Wed 15 Oct 2014
at 23:54
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Aria tries to grab the other elf, to try and speak to him where she can be sure he would not strike at her again but having lost too much blood she was too weak to grab the drunk elf.

"Calma tú féin, dul in iúl ar an masc de Khaine " she says in Far-Eltharin to the elf.
Game Master
 GM, 580 posts
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 00:40
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Kuli Tal Faustri..." replies the elf, unmoved by Aria's words.


***TURN ORDER***
Lorinc
Aria
->Camella
->Heinricus
Bouncers
Gunnar

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 299 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 00:53
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Conas Tá mé freagrach as do tsamhail chéanna le bás" she replies in the language that sounds more like a song then and argument.
Camella Catkins
 player, 250 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 8/10 , FP: 1/3
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 05:44
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
For all her way with words Camella couldn't understand a single word they were saying but given how the conversation began she had a good idea that they were arguing and not singing duet which is what it sounded like. So, with a loud and long laugh the halfling took some mirth in the stupidity and insanity of the moment between the two elves. "That's right, bicker and fight like goblins when the beastmen have been stirred, real smart. And you call yourselves an elder race, pfft, try acting like it and we might start believing it." She berated them, mostly the stranger in hopes that it might shame him into some semblance of civility.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 165 posts
 Human Noble
 HP 2/10 FP 0/2
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 11:18
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Heinricus still leaned on the stick he used had used to walk with, as the elf launched himself at his friend. His instinct was to jump in and help, but he groaned as he exerted himself. Seeing the three bouncers move, and no weapon being used by the elf, he resigned to yell "Stop that." and let the others do the work.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 323 posts
 Dwarf Shieldbreaker
 W 16/16, FP 0/2
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 12:15
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Gunnar looks at the flower eaters flailing at one another, sets down his pickaxe with a grimace, cracks his knuckles,...and holds up two fingers ordering two pints and a sandwich.

"They're probably sisters..." He suggests to the server.
Game Master
 GM, 582 posts
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 01:57
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Kwrui Jeuvoli Filzaei..." cries Lorinoc in rage.


One of the serving girls laughs and gets Gunnar a sandwich. The three bouncers jump and bring Lorinoc down, holding him to the ground. He still struggles.

"Just what the hell is this about?" asks Hans.

"She killed my cousins" growls Lorinoc.

"What? Is this true?" stammers Hans, raising an eyebrow.

"Do you not know me?" bellows Lorinoc, glaring at Aria, "You cause the deaths of my kith and you do not even remember us? You, your pet human, or your dwarf servant?" cries Lorinoc.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 300 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 02:07
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Nach bhfuil na daoine mo pheataí nó seirbhísigh , tá siad allies a cabhrú liom a fhiach na fir tar éis titim . Má tá mé an ceann a cheapann tú mé , inis dom mo ainm nó de mo ghaoil ​" She says as the guards hold him

Looking at them she asks politely "Please be gentle with him, we of the forest do not drink much in the way of alcohol and it seems that it has gotten the better of this young elf"
Game Master
 GM, 583 posts
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 02:33
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Murderess" spits Lorinoc, "You did not tell us of the beastmen. You did not let our leader, Glimnir, know. My kith died because of you. Let me go, humans. We must settle this" growls Lorinoc.




"Listen, elf, I do not trouble. I would normally kick you out, but I would not abandon another living thing to the beastmen. You will cease these hostilities or we will tie you up and hold you in the basement" orders Hans. As though to prove his point about the beastmen being a problem you hear a ululating howl in the distance and then everything goes quiet.

"I will stop... for now" sighs Lorinoc, "But there will be a reckoning between us, Ariarnhod Andraste. Kronus bear witness to this"

At this point things to calm down a bit, before a thunderclap hits nearby. It is at this point that the rain begins.

"Ulric preserve us" whispers Edgar.
Heinricus Von Otger
 player, 166 posts
 Human Noble
 HP 2/10 FP 0/2
Fri 17 Oct 2014
at 23:00
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
As he sat listening to the rain, Heinri took the opportunity to look over at his elven companion, "So, I'm guessing that there is a quite a story behind that exchange." He chuckles, then immediately winces from the pain the laughter caused him, and he limps toward an empty table.
Game Master
 GM, 585 posts
Sat 18 Oct 2014
at 04:25
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
After Heinricus speaks, Lorinoc sits away from your group and glares at all of you. He looks for all the world like an attack dog with a too-tight collar. If given half a chance, he would launch himself at Aria. The bouncers stop him.

The rain intensifies and the drum grows in magnitude. You can only hear the loudest of the beastmen howls. Hans has more of his men awoken from their sleep and brought outside of the inn to watch for anything. He keeps glancing at the windows. At one point there is a mighty yelp from outside and even Lorinoc gives a quick glance, before returning to glaring at Aria.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 303 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Sun 19 Oct 2014
at 00:16
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"I met his Kithband whilst I was escorting a group of refugees from their devastated village to their city of Middenheimd, their kithband was about to execute the village's healer. I requested them to stop as she took care of their villages orphans, of which there were many. As it turned out she was a witch and we had to kill her. They departed to hunt the beastmen stalking the woods. Because they said that they were hunting them I believed they knew of the pack we escaped when we left the human village; besides the kithband was 17 strong, I do not know how they managed to get so outmanuvered and lost" she says with sadness "Do not laugh at the loss of such warriors, each one of them is worth a dozen of your human soldiers."
Camella Catkins
 player, 252 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 8/10 , FP: 1/3
Sun 19 Oct 2014
at 01:54
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Camella couldn't help but roll her eyes at that comment, Elves, and to a lesser degree Dwarves were always so quick to discount Human warriors as being worth less than their own, but Halflings knew better. Elves may have had long lives to spend learning the intricacies of battle, and Dwarfs had their runes and craftsmen, but humans learned exponentially faster throughout their relatively short lives than either, and if given enough time to master their craft could rival the greatest Dwarf craftsmen. Halflings knew from the founding of their alliance with the big foots that has lasted to this day, that Humans, not Elves or Dwarfs, would always be there to depend upon. And really, how mighty is one's warriors if they cannot hold onto one's territory let alone expand it?

But ever the sensible woman Camella kept this quip on the failings of Elves and Dwarfs to herself, only mentioning that their loss was a shame. "A shame that those Kithband of his fell, though not without taking their fair share with them I presume."
Game Master
 GM, 586 posts
Sun 19 Oct 2014
at 21:55
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
The storm continues to rage outside without showing any signs of abating. Drinks are brought to all of you and conversation begins, but it is in hushed tones without much mirth. Everyone stares out a barred window and is ready to draw their weapon. When a clap of thunder is heard and the outside is briefly lit by lightning, a dozen swords are drawn and then put away with relieved laughter. Laughter that dies the second someone from outside shouts "Coach approaches!"
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 304 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 01:29
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Hans, is there somewhere I can see this coach as it approaches and fire on it or anything attacking it should the need arise?" she asks Hans after someone yelled that a coach was approaching, gathering up her weapons "And anyone else halfway decent with a bow and not drunk should join me." She adds.
Game Master
 GM, 587 posts
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 01:46
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Yes, Mistress Elf. There's a window on the second story. Greta will show you the way" replies Hans. Greta shows Aria upstairs. The rain continues beating on the roof, making conversation difficult without raising your voice. The lightning become more frequent and you hear a tree branch thud to the ground.


A ululating howl echoes through the night before a thunderclap shakes the room.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 305 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 02:33
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"Greta," she says raising her voice just loud enough for the serving girl to hear "Let them know it bears the sigil of the Wolf-runner coaches. I see nothing else but I will keep a look out, please return in case I see something of danger I will need you to report it to the others."
Camella Catkins
 player, 253 posts
 Halfling Barber-Surgeon
 Wnds: 8/10 , FP: 1/3
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 03:47
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Joined Aria up stairs by the window still nursing her drink as she stood more or less ready to put her sling to good use as well. "Good news right?" The halfling offered with a smile between sips.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 306 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 03:55
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
"That is quite to be seen Camella, most races have such ability for good and also the opposite. Always Remember that even the best of us can be the worst" she says takes an arrow and notching but not drawing it just in case.
Game Master
 GM, 589 posts
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 10:12
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Great calls down to let everyone know it is a Wolf Runner coach, easing the mood in the common room quite a bit.

The coach makes its way to the door where it is challenged. A lot of quick shouting is overheard interposed with words like "For the love of Sigmar...", "Please, please...", and "Fine, here's your damn money". The gates quickly open and are closed with surprising alacrity as soon as the coach is through. You cannot hear the horses' hooves, the noise blending in so well with the rain. About a minute later the passengers arrive. Three men walk in. One is an initiate of Morr judging by the black robes and the other looks to be some kind of mercenary judging by the weapons that adorn him.
Dieter Eisenmuth
 player, 1 post
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 12:11
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
The first impression anybody gets of the third man is that of filth. As several people in the inn him wrinkle their nose in a futile attempt to block off the appalling smell of him they avert their eyes, too.
You resist the urge to do likewise, taking your time to actually register the man himself.
He is of average height (5’9”) and scrawny (155lbs), yet there is some toughness about him that speaks of hardship and sacrifice. His hair is dark brown, though whether the dark tone comes from the dirt or whether that is the actual colour will remain a mystery for now. The hair is plastered to his skull, obviously he cuts it himself with the crude dagger that hangs at his hip and uses some kind of grease to generate that effect. His eyes are a greyish blue and his mien is marred by a constant scowl and squint as if light is uncomfortable to him. His skin is dark, but that is probably just the grime that seems to cover every spot of him. His face is covered with something that strives to be called a beard but really is too blotchy and irregular to ever draw the attention of any northerner. never mind a dwarf.
His clothes are threadbare and filthy. The shirt may have had buttons a decade ago, but now it’s been sewn close and it makes one wonder how he gets out of it. Then again, it does not look like the man has been out of it for a long, long time. To your surprise the elbows in the shirt are holes, but the skin beneath it is so dark and grimy that you cannot see that at a first glance. Same with the trouser which has lots of holes in it, too. If you had to make a guess, you would say that both have probably been a dark blue some day. But you sure would not bet on it. The boots are well-used but surprisingly sturdy, with thick soles.
As you stare at the man in disgust you suddenly realize that he is staring back right at you. And he smiles with a sneer revealing crooked teeth that are in desperate need for oral hygiene. Quite surprising though, you do realize that apart from his dismal appearance he actually seems to be a nice fellow and you find yourself smiling yourself.
The filthy man carries an old handaxe next to the dagger and a sling bag is hung around his back. He carries a long pole, probably as a walking support, and only then do you realize that several rats in various states of decay are hanging from the top of it. You might have preferred to not have night vision at that sight. Slowly a picture forms in your head as you try to unpuzzle why ever this man would be at a place like this. And as you see the animal traps you realize that the man is a rat catcher.

You are starled by a sudden yapping that even though not very loud has a pitch to it that makes it almost hurtful to hear.
"Silence Dog!", the man growls and indeed the dog - for that's what it is after all - does as commanded.
Dieter Eisenmuth
 player, 5 posts
 Human Rat Catcher
 W12/12 - FP2/2
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 14:35
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
After scanning the room, the man briskly walks over to the man behind the bar and gives him a penetrating stare.
”Are you daft, man ? Ordering your men outside to not let us in ? That outside there is a coach from none other than Wolf Runner Coaches from Middenheim. Do you want me to turn right back and tell their headquarters that your sorry place will no longer cater to Wolf Runner Coaches ? You think you can afford that ?”
Quite to the annoyance of the landlord the man seems aggravated enough that his quarrelsome speech is accompanied by a noticeable amount of spittle.
”Even so, did you not hear the howling outside ? And you would leave us outside for them creatures to catch us ? You might not care about my sorry soul, but that priest of the shrouded one over there would tell you something if he weren’t so close-lipped to begin with !”
The man leans back again. Seemingly becoming amiable again, now that he has spit out his vitriol.
”Now you’d better have something nice to eat and drink, I’m starving.”
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 308 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 0/9 W 1/2 FP
Mon 20 Oct 2014
at 15:09
Re: A Dark Storm Cometh
Upon confirming that there was no more immediate threats Aria heads downstairs just in time to see the filthy human start his tirade against owner "Be careful what you say human, he may still throw you to the mercy of the great enemy." she says to the man. "Hans, If possible can we have that room for the night, I would  like to keep a look out from there, the beasts seem especially agitated up"

After receiving the answer she makes her way back to her companions and tries to swallow whatever  these humans call food.