Through the Drakwald.   Posted by Game Master.Group: archive 0
Game Master
 GM, 146 posts
Mon 13 May 2013
at 23:48
Re: Through the Drakwald
All of the goblins are in hand-to-hand combat, however Valornor has no problem picking out one goblin as he tries to stab Gunnar in the back. Valornor's arrow pierces the goblin's arm, hanging out of a thin bit of meat and muscle. The goblin recoils, hurt badly.

Father Dietrich, seeing the goblin hurt so, quickly rushes in and finishes him off, striking the creature's head off and sending it hurtling into a tree. The head doesn't burst, but lets out a resounding thunk before ricocheting off and coming to rest in a pile of leaves.

The watchmen, all thirteen of them, bludgeon to death the last of the goblins. Not a single one survives, their mangled bodies being pierced by large shards of bone.

***TURN ORDER***
Aria
Captain Schiller
Hans
Valornor
Father Dietrich
Watchmen
->Gunnar
Right Goblins (8; 1 critical)

Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 60 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 10/14
Tue 14 May 2013
at 01:37
Re: Through the Drakwald
The raging dwarf continues to storm amongst the goblins with no thought of defense!

21:34, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 14 using 1d100. WS to hit w/ All Out Attack!
21:35, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 5 using 1d10+3. Dmg 2(impact).
21:34, Today: Gunnar Thornbeard rolled 12 using 1d10+3. Dmg 1(impact).
FA: All Out Attack!
Hit for 12 damage!

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 67 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Tue 14 May 2013
at 01:46
Re: Through the Drakwald
Arianrhod swings again but misses, Melee is clearly not her forte
Game Master
 GM, 148 posts
Tue 14 May 2013
at 02:33
Re: Through the Drakwald
A goblin is pulped by Gunnar and they all break, running like the daemons of the Chaos Waste themselves were after them. The worst injured in the lead.

OOC: There are nine of them retreating. You may pursue or you may lick your wounds

"Forwards, men! After them!" cries Schiller, leading the charge. Twelve men go chasing after the Gobbos. You see Father Dietrich collapse to the ground and Hans kneel next to him.
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 61 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 6/14
Tue 14 May 2013
at 13:42
Re: Through the Drakwald
As the goblins flee Gunnar spits after them then moves to Dietrich's side and leans on his pickaxe.

Looking down at the man he asks, "Are ye gonna make it?"
Game Master
 GM, 149 posts
Wed 15 May 2013
at 00:51
Re: Through the Drakwald
"If Sigmar says my time is now, then my time is now, friend Gunnar" grins Father Dietrich, his eyes out of focus, "I obey My Lord above all else"

"Father Dietrich, please, Sigmar cannot recall you. Pleas Sigmar, let him live" prays Hans.

"Ah! Finally got you to say a prayer to Sigmar. My death was not in vain" laughs Dietrich, "Please, Gunnar, take this. Take it to the Temple of Sigmar. It must arrive, lest the darkness consume... consume..." coughs Dietrich, dying as he hands over a golden portrait of Sigmar.

"You will get to Middenheim" nods Hans, suddenly serious, "I swear by Sigmar I will see it so"

"Why?" asks Granny Moescher, "If those damn Von Sternhauers paid their Road Wardens so many would be alive" she growls.

"Granny..." begins Hans

"The gods damn that entire family. They tax the poor people of Gimminhagen to near extinction, they don't keep their Sigmar-damned roads safe, they kill my father, they kill your father... why won't someone do anything about it? Someone should" hisses Granny Moescher, touching the knife at her side.

"Granny!" yells Hans, "That talk is treason. They may be bastard, but can you imagine the political battles that would be fought if the Stenhauers were killed? What's more, they're Sigmarites. The politics of it all... this whole area would not know peace for a long, long time" he points out.

"That does not mean that there would not be peace, eventually" comments Granny Moescher.

"Aye, there would be peace eventually, Granny Moescher. I am sure if someone had the power to destroy the line they would make all of Middenland better for it. If only there was such a person" grins Goldut.

"Yes... yes indeed" comments the Granny.

OOC: If any of you wish to react to this, feel free. Otherwise we'll continue onwards

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:22, Wed 15 May 2013.

Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 68 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Wed 15 May 2013
at 01:02
Re: Through the Drakwald
Arianrhod looks at the Humans and Dwarves arguing about their so-called nobles "We need to move, they will either come back in force or worse being the Orks or Beastmen." she says gathering what normal arrows she can find and anything salvagable for the people.

[Private to Game Master: OOC: Try to gather lost human/elf arrows since goblin ones will likely be uselessly shite, and anything of use for the villagers, shields, swords, axes, spears, pointy sticks, etc...]
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 62 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 6/14
Wed 15 May 2013
at 01:39
Re: Through the Drakwald
Having already given the man his word Gunnar says nothing as he takes the icon and places it inside his shirt under his much battered leather jack.

"Elgram here's right. Time ta git to Middenheim."

He sets his pickaxe aside and helps to lift Dietrich into the nearest cart with space for his body.
Game Master
 GM, 151 posts
Thu 16 May 2013
at 02:29
Re: Through the Drakwald
You all continue onwards, hearing Ariarnhod's words of trouble lurking nearby. No one ever finds Durin and you cannot imagine what happened to him. Father Dietrich's body is brought along in a cart for proper burial along with that of the watchman who died. Captain Schiller wants to burn the bodies, but Hans reminds him you're all within a day's march of Middenheim. Best to wait. You all settle down for the night, Granny Moescher seeming to be torn between despair and seething rage. Goldut falls asleep without even setting up a tent, his energy spent. The dwarf is badly hurt. His former assistant, Snidely, sets a tent up above him in case there is rain or, worse, snow.

You hear many prayers to Sigmar before the refugees fall asleep and wonder if Father Dietrich realizes how many people he at least got to acknowledge his god. You also can't help but wonder if it was worth it.

After some of you drift off (those of you on watch are around the borders of the camp) you a hear a scream from the children's area where Grany Moescher is. Your first thought is goblins. Men in leather armor with weapons are running.

[Private to Ariarnhod Andraste: Had the humans only had listened to you...]
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 67 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 6/14
Thu 16 May 2013
at 02:56
Re: Through the Drakwald
Gunnar bolts, pickaxe in hands, towards the scream.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 70 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Thu 16 May 2013
at 04:16
Re: Through the Drakwald
Arianrhod, having been on watch due to not trusting the humans or dwarves in the slightest, she draws her bow and moves towards the childrens section of the camp that the idiot lesser races didn't place in the centre to best protect.

She looks around but is unable to see into the woods.
Valornor Haugensen
 player, 73 posts
 Human Hunter
 of Arenshausen
Thu 16 May 2013
at 06:04
Re: Through the Drakwald
Always a lite sleeper, Valornor is swiftly up and about.  Quickly stringing his longbow.  Thinking that the remaining Goblins may have returned.  Feinting an attack on the children.  To draw everyone there, while the main force would come in from the opposite direction.  Sticking to the shadows, he waited to see if such was the case.  Ready to sound the alarm if they did.
Game Master
 GM, 152 posts
Thu 16 May 2013
at 12:52
Re: Through the Drakwald
You reach the wagon which Granny Moescher had commandeered as her own to find a large group of screaming, crying children. You thank your various gods that there is not a single goblin or any other kind of attacker.

"Granny! Gone!" cries one girl, the most vocal of them.

"Search the wagon! Look in the woods! Someone rouse Hans, we'll need him soon" orders Captain Schiller.

It is very quick that a note from Granny Moescher is found. She asks Schiller to take care of the children and that she has gone to make Baron Von Sternhauer pay for his crimes. Every last Sternhauer shall pay.

"Damnation" growls Schiller, everyone looking thoroughly confused, "We have to go looking at her before she gets herself killed"

"Good fer Granny!" applauds Goldut, limping over, "Da Granny has a trick o' three up her sleeve. Let'er go. She is owed holy vengeance" nods Goldut, positioning himself to the most likely path where the Granny went.

"She will be killed! She is frail and old" responds Schiller.

"She is tougher than she looks Schiller"
Game Master
 GM, 153 posts
Fri 17 May 2013
at 04:13
Re: Through the Drakwald
Seeing no one respond, the exchange continues.

"You three, please look for Granny Moescher. I do not want to bury another. She is a good friend of us all and has been nothing but helpful" sighs Schiller, looking dejected, "Also, keep in mind she's our only healer. If she dies in this foolhardy stunt, then we're all in trouble" comments Schiller morosely.

"Bah! You'll have to wrastle me to get her" growls Goldut, assuming the standard wrestling stance. This is somewhat thrown off by the fact he's swaying slightly.
Valornor Haugensen
 player, 74 posts
 Human Hunter
 of Arenshausen
Fri 17 May 2013
at 05:57
Re: Through the Drakwald
Game Master:
Seeing no one respond, the exchange continues.

"You three, please look for Granny Moescher. I do not want to bury another. She is a good friend of us all and has been nothing but helpful" sighs Schiller, looking dejected, "Also, keep in mind she's our only healer. If she dies in this foolhardy stunt, then we're all in trouble" comments Schiller morosely.

"Bah! You'll have to wrastle me to get her" growls Goldut, assuming the standard wrestling stance. This is somewhat thrown off by the fact he's swaying slightly.

Just arriving upon the scene to over hear what was being said.  The young hunter spoke up.
"Wait a moment.  Granny Moescher, seemed to be of a relative sound mind and body.  Who are we to dictate her fate?  Just because it is better for us if she is here to see to healing us if we need it.  Does not mean we should force her to be here.  The teachings of Taal and Rhya says that we each must find our own destiny.  An to interfere with someone seeking theirs is not a wise thing to do.  So I am one who will not be going trying to track her down and drag her back here!"
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 68 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 6/14
Fri 17 May 2013
at 15:12
Re: Through the Drakwald
Gunnar nods grimly momentarily looking like a much older Dwarf.

"Aye she has her reasons for what she does and she deserves one shot at avengin' her family before she moves on to the next world."

"Besides we've got to get these folks to Middenheim safe, kids especially, and I've an oath to keep."

He spared a glance for his wounds making it clear he would've preferred it if Granny had dressed them before she went on her mission of vengeance but then he shrugged in acceptance.
Game Master
 GM, 154 posts
Sat 18 May 2013
at 04:15
Re: Through the Drakwald
"Damn you all" growls Schiller, "She'll die"

"Aye, that she may. That she may. But she dies in pursuit of vengeance. That is enough" nods Goldut.

Schiller sends men to investigate. They return speaking of witch craft, wolves, and horror.

"Damn... what's this?" asks Schiller.

"Ah, so Granny is using her special skills. Good fer her!" grins Goldut.

"What?" asks Schiller.

"Granny Moescher an' I met sixty years ago. She was slightly younger back then" laughs Goldut, "Ta make a long story a wee one, she's one of them Magis of yer colleges of magicks" continues Goldut.

"You must be kidding me" sighs Schiller, "We must stop her, lest she start a war!" exclaims Schiller.

"A war with who, big man?" asks Goldut, "She's gonna summon up somethin' from them there wilds and she's gonna leave a lot of corpses. That's the way of it" he finishes.

"Please, you three, stop her" begs Schiller, "Dwarfs are resistant to magic, Elves can manipulate it easily, and your bow work is amazing, Valornor. If Granny Moescher kills the Sternhauer family then she'll cause a civil war as various groups seek to take over the territory. What's more, there's the small issue that this is one of the few Sigmar-safe provinces in Middland. If she kills the Sternhauers, then chances are many will be persecuted and killed. Father Dietrich would not want this!" exclaims Schiller.

"Bah! If them there Sternhauers kept their roads safe, then there would be none o' this" laughs Goldut, "They brought it on themselves"

"Please. The horrors that Granny Moescher will unleash are incomparable. The Sternhauers are bastards and I would not weep to see them die, but I would weep to see innocence die and more strife hit the Empire. Right now we need to be united or have you forgotten that we are at war?" hisses Schiller.

"War? War!" cries Goldut indignantly, "You dare to lecture me, human..."

"You dwarf-kin swore to defend humanity forever. You swore it to Sigmar whose people are at risk. I would ask that at least you stand down" begs Schiller.

Goldut's face dispalys a long series of emotions, which finally end in resignation.

"I will not stop anyone from pursing Granny Moescher, nor will I help them" sighs Goldut, stepping back.
Valornor Haugensen
 player, 75 posts
 Human Hunter
 of Arenshausen
Sat 18 May 2013
at 05:34
Re: Through the Drakwald
Turning to Schiller, Valornor said.
"I am just a simple country lad.  These are matters beyond my kin.  Besides when I was in Grimminhagen, I was treated very rudely by the Sternhauers headman.  So there downfall will not cause me to lose any sleep!  The most important thing is that I get to Middenheim as soon as possible!"
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 71 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Sat 18 May 2013
at 22:38
Re: Through the Drakwald
"Captain Schiller, can your men safely being these people to Middenheim without several of us should we leave to go after your healer?" she ask. "If you can, we can go after her, bring her back if we can, help her if she can't. I know how your magic users are not as equipped to deal with things as the Asur are despite their training."
Game Master
 GM, 155 posts
Sat 18 May 2013
at 22:47
Re: Through the Drakwald
"Thank you, Aria" smiles Schiller, "She could not have gotten far. Please, find her and bring her back" he asks humbly, bowing to the elf.

OOC: Unless anyone else is going to join Aria, the two of us will take this to Private Chat
Gunnar Thornbeard
 player, 69 posts
 Dwarf Miner
 Wounds 6/14
Sun 19 May 2013
at 15:53
Re: Through the Drakwald
"The Granny is smart and I suppose your help won't hinder her much. Good luck to ya elf. Hope ta see ya again in the city after."

With a look that ended on Val after it passed over Schiller and Goldut he nodded and headed for the cart that Granny's kids rode on.

"I'll be seein' that her kids get to Middenheim safe."
Game Master
 GM, 156 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 01:51
Re: Through the Drakwald
Aria leaves and returns about twenty-five minutes later.

"What happened, Aria?" asks Schiller.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 72 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 20 May 2013
at 02:13
Re: Through the Drakwald
"I was wrong, she wasn't just a healer but what your kind would call a witch. She summoned a fire daemon to kill that noble family."
Game Master
 GM, 157 posts
Mon 20 May 2013
at 02:26
Re: Through the Drakwald
"Damn it" sighs Schiller, "Let's get to the city" he growls, leaving.
Ariarnhod Andraste
 player, 73 posts
 Kithband Warrior
 9/9
Mon 20 May 2013
at 02:47
Re: Through the Drakwald
Aria nods and follows the captain before making her way into the edge of the woods scouting the way ahead.