A journey of a thousand miles...   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Dak Helranth
 player, 25 posts
Tue 28 May 2013
at 02:05
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...

This message was deleted by the player at 12:51, Tue 28 May 2013.

Maeruhn
 player, 131 posts
 PP:21 PI:14 Hp:25
 17(11/15/15) S:7 SV:6
Tue 28 May 2013
at 06:15
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Maeruhn bows down and pulls up the chain mail. "A Dwarven Chain Mail of low enchantment." He says letting the entire group what has been found. "Very interesting. Perhaps a the remnants of an unfortunate dwarf, being victim to these foul kobolds.
Well, no matter now. It can help us in out further ventures to root out the darkness in these parts.
Tijis and Roger, you seem the most likely candidates for this worthy piece of equipment although you both wear armor heavier than this. We should have a capable magician transfer this enchantment to an armor of your choosing when we get back to Winterhaven. If neither of our capable spellcasters not the correct ritual the person receiving the chainmail can always pay the local mage in the tower I am sure. So which one of you will it be?
"
Maeruhn obviously has no intention of keeping this to himself, and he obviously assumes that everyone in the group will help to stay in the group and 'fight the darkness' (whatever that entails).
OOC:
08:04, Today: Maeruhn rolled 23 using 1d20+4 with rolls of 19. Insight for item.
So with that roll I can apparently identify the item and it was a +1 Dwarven Chainmail.
quote:
Dwarven Armor Level 2+ Uncommon

Crafted by the finest dwarf armorsmiths of old, this armor is decorated with the faces of dwarven ancestors.
Lvl 2 +1 520 gp
Armor: Chain, scale or plate
Enhancement Bonus: AC
Property
You gain an item bonus to Endurance checks equal to the armorís enhancement bonus.
Power (Healing) Daily (Free Action)
You regain hit points as if you had spent a healing surge

So you can heal yourself once per day with this armor. It has to be on heavy armor (Tijis and Roger only I think). So when using the transfer enchantment ritual it has to go on another piece of heavy armor.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:20, Tue 28 May 2013.

Odviallus
 player, 57 posts
 P:5 I:1 Hp:22
 13(15/13/18) S:6 SV:5
Tue 28 May 2013
at 06:43
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Odivallus flickers his eyes over the armor and nods. "Dwarven make for certain, notice the study framework and absolute devotion to symmetry and balance... I have only heard of this before, but the signs seem clear."
Dak Helranth
 player, 27 posts
 P:10 I:16 Hp:24
 14(14/10/16) S:7 SV:7
Tue 28 May 2013
at 15:10
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Dak looks at the armor. "Probably too small for me." He looks up at everyone else. "We should probably head back to town. They'll be wondering if we were able to get here in time to help you guys."
Maeruhn
 player, 133 posts
 PP:21 PI:14 Hp:25
 17(11/15/15) S:7 SV:6
Tue 28 May 2013
at 15:23
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
"Indeed. We have done well for the Light today. Let us ensure we have taken all there is of worth from this decrepit scum and return to Winterhaven." On his way out Maeruhn looks at the fallen Irontooth. "We should take that dirtbag with us too. As a proof of our victory. It should help the villagers celebrate and feel safer."
Roger Darkblood
 player, 91 posts
 P:10I:10HP:29
 AC:19(17,12,11)S:11,SV:7
Tue 28 May 2013
at 17:32
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Roger immediately picks up the head of Irontooth and says "seeing as I delivered the final blow I feel it only fitting to carrry this creatures head into town."  He then looks over the chain mail as a slight glint of greed can be seen in his eyes.  He then says "As far as the magic armor I would be more then happy to take it seeing as I always seem to be the center of attention in these battles.  However if you see it otherwise let me know."  He then starts to go out of the cave trying his best to avoid the waterfall or at least minimize how wet he gets.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 28 posts
 PP:16 PI:19 hp:26
 AC:18(13/11/15) S:9 SV:6
Wed 29 May 2013
at 00:09
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Tijis follows Roger out, looking for his horse.
Storyteller
 GM, 81 posts
Wed 29 May 2013
at 08:50
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
The trip back is wonderfully uneventful. Although the small fields around the walled heart of Winterhaven seem strangely empty. Inside the walls, the few villagers you see walking around appear nervous, pausing to give furtive glances before darting away.

Let me know where you want to go next.
Maeruhn
 player, 135 posts
 PP:21 PI:14 Hp:25
 17(11/15/15) S:7 SV:6
Wed 29 May 2013
at 08:53
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
"I see that the villagers are still afraid of the kobolds. I suggest we go to Lord Padraig and tell him of our grand success, so he can put the anxious hearts of his subjects to ease," Maeruhn says with his new-found sense of drama.
Roger Darkblood
 player, 93 posts
 P:10I:10HP:29
 AC:19(17,12,11)S:11,SV:7
Wed 29 May 2013
at 13:17
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Roger nods in agreement looking at the severed head once again with a bit of smile on his face. He then begins walking towards Padraig's house.
Odviallus
 player, 58 posts
 P:5 I:1 Hp:22
 13(15/13/18) S:6 SV:5
Wed 29 May 2013
at 14:41
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Odivallus pauses for a moment and walks up to the least-defensive looking villager. "Excuse me- I noticed you and a few others here looking furtive. Is that just because of the Kobold attacks, or has something happened while we were away from town? Odivallus, pleased to meet you." Putting on his best smile, he waits politely for an answer.
Storyteller
 GM, 83 posts
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 01:33
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Odviallus gets a response from the man he was not expecting.
"I donít know . . . I just feel out of sorts, is all. Like someone walked over my grave, you know?Ē

Once the group meets up with Lord Padraig he gladly pays them the promised 100 gold.

From there they run into Valthrun who greets the group gladly.

"I found more information on the keep for you. My books and scrolls tell me that it was built by the old empire, Nerath, as I suspected. Not to watch for marauders, though. No. It was built over the site of a rift to the Shadowfell, a place of darkness and shadows!

Not all of the Shadowfell is evil, but this rift apparently connects to an unholy sanctuary of Orcus, the demon lord of the undead. Skeletons, ghouls, and stranger, fouler creatures crawled through the opening into the light of day. The empire destroyed the undead and then sealed the rift and built a keep over the location to watch over it and contain its threat. I thought that was the end of the story. Now, Iím not so sure.

The villagers think goblins lair in the ruin, so they avoid the area. If goblins have taken over the ruins, they havenít bothered the farms or village.Ē

Maeruhn
 player, 141 posts
 PP:23 PI:15 Hp:38
 18(13/16/16) S:7 SV:9
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 07:49
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
"Such foulness! And so close. I now see how the wisdom of The Light, is what has fated me to be here this day! An opening to a sanctuary of Orcus. And all these kobolds ... and the goblin too ... wore the mark of Orcus. Surely they are trying to re-open this rift, and bring Orcus himself into this world.
The wisdom of the One Divine Light has placed me here. I shall stride forth and bring the servants of Orcus to a timely end. - Most likely this Kalarel is their leader. Let's go end his evil-doing, my fellow adventurer's!
" After Maeruhn's extended and dramatic speech, he reminds himself that others might be less interested in fighting for just Light itself, so he adds "I am sure these foul creatures, and the keep itself holds many treasures to be claimed!"

OOC: OK 100 gold here, and we got some gold at the cave too.
Does anyone have an idea of how much we have collected per individual so far?
I could consider buying a potion of healing or 2 if I had the money.

Tijis Gildentree
 player, 32 posts
 PP:17 PI:20 hp:31
 AC:19(14/12/16) S:9 SV:7
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 17:42
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Tijis eyes Maeruhn askance during his speech, hearing him out, a patient look on his face. "It seems we should rest and perhaps stock up for our investigation of the keep. I think I'll visit Bairwinís Grand Shoppe there, to see about provisions. And we should see about a room at the Inn."

OOC:
From my count, here's the loot gathered so far:
100 gp from Padraig
13 gp from Irontooth & goons
6 gp from an earlier ambush (before Dak and Tijis joined the party)

So, a total of 19 gp per person, give or take a few.

There was also a dragon figurine from the ambush which the GM noted may be worth something. Can we get an appraisal GM?

The description of Bairwinís Grand Shoppe mentions he dabbles in rare & exotics - anything for sale today? =)

Also, Roger's new armor - what's the cost for getting someone to transfer the magic to his armor?

FYI, I'm planning to purchase a bow & some arrows with my share.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:48, Tue 04 June 2013.

Roger Darkblood
 player, 96 posts
 P:10I:10HP:35
 AC:20(18,13,12)S:11,SV:8
Tue 4 Jun 2013
at 22:33
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Roger stares at Maeruhn with a look of confusion as he says his speech not sure if he is being serious or not.  He then nods in agreement and says, "Well I don't know about all this talk about the Light but I am always up for a little treasue hunting."  Again a slight hint of greed can be seen in his words and his eyes as a smile comes across his face.
Storyteller
 GM, 84 posts
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 02:12
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Bairwinís Grand Shoppe

Bairwinís shop is full of shelves and racks leaving only small trails through the store. The smells of ceder wood and iron greet you all as you walk in the door. As the shop keep notices your dress he drops what he is doing at a table in the back and makes his way to the front.
"Oh is it good to see faces from places far away here in Winterhaven! Welcome to my shop it is a bit crowded, and a mite dusty in parts, but I have nearly anything you could want. What is it that brings you into my shop today?"

Goods for sale
Any basic equipment can be found here
4 potions of healing 30gp each
+1 dagger
+1 cloth armor
Maeruhn
 player, 142 posts
 PP:23 PI:15 Hp:38
 18(13/16/16) S:7 SV:9
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 07:56
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Maeruhn becomes oddly exited as he learns about the magic cloth armor, but he doesn't even try to start bargaining for it.
He counts his money, which he gets to 67 gp. He looks at the armor, but just says "I'll take 2 potions of healing please"

OOC:
Assuming that the GM agrees with Tijis calculations, I had 48 left from character creation, and got another 19 (as Tijis mentioned). That brings me to the said 67gp. The potions then sets be back 60 to 7gp.
Normally a basic +1 item (such as the cloth armor and dagger here) would be 360 gp, so even with a sizeable discount, none of us would come close to being able to buy.

Regarding Transfer enchantment
AV p199:
Transfer Enchantment
With great care and concentration, you carefully strip
magical power from one object to imbue it in another.
Level: 4 Component Cost: 25 gp
Category: Creation
Market Price: 175 gp
Time: 1 hour Key Skill: Arcana (no check)
Duration: Permanent

So if someone had the enchantment in our group it would 25 gp.
But since no one apparently does it is 175 gp, and there is no way Roger can afford that. Yet.
So I guess Roger has to wear a chain armor for a while.

Tijis Gildentree
 player, 33 posts
 PP:17 PI:20 hp:31
 AC:19(14/12/16) S:9 SV:7
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 12:41
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Tijis eyes a longbow of acceptable craftsmanship among the available weapons. "I'll take that longbow and a quiver of arrows. And we were curious about this item..." Tijis gestures to Odviallus, indicating he should hold up the dragon figurine for inspection. "Have you seen the like? What value would you give us for this?"

OOC
Depending on the value of this thing, we might afford a bit more goods. And, maybe he's got some info on its origin.

Dak Helranth
 player, 31 posts
 P:11 I:17 Hp:29
 15(15/11/17) S:7 SV:8
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 12:48
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Dak looks around the shop, almost ignoring everything. Until his eyes stop on a dagger. He likes daggers. They feel at home in his hands, and are exceptional tools to help channel his powers. "How much for the Dagger?" he asks the owner of the shop?

OoC:

Assuming that Maeruhn is right, and I cannot afford the dagger, I will simply admire it, and then buy some potions. 2 should be good enough.

Odviallus
 player, 60 posts
 P:5 I:1 Hp:22
 13(15/13/18) S:6 SV:5
Thu 6 Jun 2013
at 22:55
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Odivallus' eyes open wide as the explanation of the location's history is stated. Covering his face in his hands for a moment as he remembers that vilalger's words, "Great Dragon I hope we aren't going to be placed in charge of saving the world..."

Receiving his wage, he barely contains a grin. As the others go shopping, he heads off to the nearest inn and orders a good meal.
Storyteller
 GM, 86 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 00:36
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Bairwin squints to see the small figure. Although his eyesight seems to be fine this later age is a hindrance to it. "May I?" He ask holding out a hand. Then turns it over studding it with a small smile. "Such a strange curio to come across. Where did you find it? I have seem something similar once but that is from a life long past." He shakes his head pushing away the memories. "Things of this nature can be a mite bit difficult to sell but the quality of this one opens up many collectors. An image of Orcus is not a popular item to craft and one done with such quality makes it even more uncommon. It may take me some time but I will be able to sell it I can offer you 80 gold for it right now."
He looks up over the faces then realizes there were other questions "Oh and the dagger is 375 i know it is a bit high but it is hard to come by such nice items in this quite area. By the way what is your business here?"
Dak Helranth
 player, 32 posts
 P:11 I:17 Hp:29
 15(15/11/17) S:7 SV:8
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 00:52
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Dak sighs, visibly disappointed. "I understand good sir. I wish I had that kind of cash on me, but alas, I do not." He sighs again. "It is a nice looking dagger though."
Maeruhn
 player, 144 posts
 PP:23 PI:15 Hp:38
 18(13/16/16) S:7 SV:9
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 01:03
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
"Our business is to rid this region of the darkness that is encroaching on it!" Maeruhn was actually off to one side looking at the armor, but the question had to be answered. And after a longer speech on how they were here to undo darkness etc etc without really saying anything he adds "Yes, 80 gold sounds fair enough for that necklace. If everyone agrees let's sell it and get on with it"
Roger Darkblood
 player, 97 posts
 P:10I:10HP:35
 AC:20(18,13,12)S:11,SV:8
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 01:10
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Roger simply nods his head as he goes over his money in his head looking as though he trying to figure something important out.


OOC: I will just keep my scale armor on for now they have the same ac however chain mail makes me suffer a minus one to checks so I will keep it as is and transfer it later
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 34 posts
 PP:17 PI:20 hp:31
 AC:19(14/12/16) S:9 SV:7
Fri 7 Jun 2013
at 12:47
Re: A journey of a thousand miles...
Tijis takes his share from the sale and heads to the inn to join Odviallus.

OOC:
80/6= another 13 or so gold per person.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:49, Fri 07 June 2013.