Deep below the Keep.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Maeruhn
 player, 708 posts
 PP:23 PI:15 Hp:44
 19(13/16/16) S:7 SV:11
Sat 4 Oct 2014
at 13:04
Re: Deep below the Keep.
"So both you and the newcomer suggest we go to Riverport. Well, we have nowhere else to go right now, so we might as well travel there, and see for ourselves what it's all about." Maeruhn looks to the others for their opinion.
Dak Helranth
 player, 371 posts
 P:13 I:17 Hp:39
 16(18/14/20) S:7 SV:10
Sat 4 Oct 2014
at 14:27
Re: Deep below the Keep.
"I have no pressing plans. I will go to Riverport as well. How far is it from here?"
Kbenjar
 player, 8 posts
Sat 4 Oct 2014
at 22:09
Re: Deep below the Keep.
"I do not know the way, but I would welcome the company," Kbenjar says, ready to go at a moment's notice.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 379 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Sat 4 Oct 2014
at 23:07
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Tijis nods his assent. "Riverport it is," he murmurs, seemingly pleased that consensus was reached.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 380 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Sun 5 Oct 2014
at 15:44
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Tijis continued. "Now that we have that settled, let's have a look at this club from Roger's would-be assassins and rest for tomorrow's journey."
Storyteller
 GM, 591 posts
Sun 5 Oct 2014
at 17:17
Re: Deep below the Keep.
A noise at the door alerts the group then the sound of someone walking quickly through the inn follow. The footsteps approach the common room and the aged Valthrun the town's resident wizard stands in the doorway. He is a bit shook up but sighs at the sight of the group. "I am so glad you are well. On my evening walk i figured i would take a look for you since Dak did not come to pick up his dagger. Then I came across the bodies of those brigands and was concerned for your safety."
Roger Darkblood
 player, 410 posts
 P:10I:10HP:52
 AC:22(21,17,16)S:11,SV:13
Tue 7 Oct 2014
at 00:55
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Roger nodded his head and said, "Yes we are fine, but it is fortunate that you are here I need you to look at this club."  Roger then handed the club over to the wizard in order to identify it.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 381 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Tue 7 Oct 2014
at 01:24
Re: Deep below the Keep.
"Deus Ex Machina," Tijis murmurs as Valthrun arrives. "Clearly Kord is behind our mission, with such fortuitous timing."

=D
Kbenjar
 player, 9 posts
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 01:32
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Kbenjar's hand goes reflexively to his strange icy totem as the stranger walks into the room, but upon seeing the others relax he collects himself and listens to their banter.
Storyteller
 GM, 592 posts
Thu 9 Oct 2014
at 03:45
Re: Deep below the Keep.
"Ah yes again I am very glad you are all safe. I will take a look at that club. Let me get a seat and some light on it. My eyes are old after all and a chair after all this excitement will be wonderful." The mans face squints and it is evident that many of his wrinkles have come for much time squinting and studding. As he turns the object over and over. He speaks his mind "I was hopeful that I would see you all sooner. I have a offer for a job. I got a message while you were away that Riverport is under siege. There is a school of magic there that I attended so many years ago and I still keep in contact with the wizards who run it there. I would like to pay you to get the staff and especially its students out of the city. I wish I could hire a large force to deal with the army and free the city but that is far beyond my means."

Then smiling Valthrun turns to Roger handing him back the object.
"This is quite an artifact you have come across. I have seen a few drawling of such things. They are said to be made from a land far across the seas. It is quite similar to a cross bow but it uses a bit of magic to launch a small piece of shot."

*This is a musket I will post the stats later.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 382 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Sun 12 Oct 2014
at 15:06
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Tijis initially backs away from the strange object, but then leans forward, intrigued. "This club somehow acts as a magic slingshot then? A way to fire a shot a long distances, and without the use of edged ammunition..." Tijis is clearly interested in the thing.
Roger Darkblood
 player, 411 posts
 P:10I:10HP:52
 AC:22(21,17,16)S:11,SV:13
Mon 13 Oct 2014
at 02:39
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Roger put the weapon in his belt and said, "Hmm I have seen a weapon like this before and I can assure you it would be better in my hands."  Roger then paused and said, "Thank you wizard for your help and we were already planing on going to Riverport."  Roger then sat down and waited to see what the others would say.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 383 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Mon 13 Oct 2014
at 12:34
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Tijis gives Roger a sharp look. "I wasn't suggesting I should have the magic slingshot, merely that it's an intriguing artifact. I would be interested in studying it if given the opportunity." Tijis turns to Valthrun. "And in learning what you know of these things, and their origins."

"Regardless, back to the matter at hand: how many staff and students are we talking about in this school? If there is a large number we may need assistance in keeping them alive while we bring them to safety."
Kbenjar
 player, 10 posts
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 02:59
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Kbenjar clears his throat before speaking. "I will help these men here, if they choose to offer you aid. They fought well and I am in debt to them," he says in his deep voice.
Maeruhn
 player, 709 posts
 PP:23 PI:15 Hp:44
 19(13/16/16) S:7 SV:11
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 06:51
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Maeruhn interrupts and says "Well, if they are mages - or at least some of them are - then we got our assistance right there. And about defense, if those mages keep to the tradition of their kind, they are probably holed up in some sort of tower like structure. Those are quite easy to defend with their narrow halls and doorways. And you can always just withdraw to the next defensible position. If anything that place might be a very nice place as a base of operations since we have to go to that war-ridden place anyway.
All that being said, I certainly do agree it would be nice to know about staff and students and it would be even nice if we could get assistance,
" Maeruhn adds with a nod.
Storyteller
 GM, 593 posts
Thu 16 Oct 2014
at 17:39
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Many of the students and professors have already gotten out. So there is only a small remnant not accounted for. The message said that there were 3 professors and 12 students. The captain of the guard is an old friend of mine he will be able to help you once you are there.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 384 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Sun 19 Oct 2014
at 00:37
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Tijis ponders. "It does seem a worthy cause," he muses. "Let's head out for Riverport tomorrow after a good rest. Then we can see what we have in store for us."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:07, Sun 19 Oct 2014.

Maeruhn
 player, 710 posts
 PP:23 PI:15 Hp:44
 19(13/16/16) S:7 SV:11
Sun 19 Oct 2014
at 03:24
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Maeruhn nods to Tijis. There was more evil to be fought, and Riverport was as good as place as any to continue doing that.
Dak Helranth
 player, 373 posts
 P:13 I:17 Hp:39
 16(18/14/20) S:7 SV:10
Tue 21 Oct 2014
at 14:04
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Dak had stood back not wanting to interrupt the discussion about the weapon the others were interested in. With the topic now turned back to the next adventure he was ready to chime in. "I agree. Let's rest tonight, and head out tomorrow. It is likely that the students and staff that are remaining there will be able to help some when we get there, but I think we should not count on that too much. We do not know what state they are in. We need to plan for the possibility that they will be nothing more than wounded people we will have to rescue." He looks to the old Wizard. "I will gladly help any who are friends of you wizard. Tell me. Have you finished with my dagger? Or shall I come by in the morning before we leave to pick it up? Also, might you have anything else that would aide us in our quest? Potions, tools, maps, etc? Anything you can do would be a great help."


OoC:
What is our current stock of money, potions, etc?

Storyteller
 GM, 597 posts
Wed 22 Oct 2014
at 12:14
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Yes the dagger is done I have it on me here. I am very thankful for your willingness to help in this dark time for the city.

He hands over the dagger full of mystery as a bit more magic than the day before.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 385 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Fri 24 Oct 2014
at 02:21
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Before retiring for the night, Tijis bends Valthrun's ear on the origins of the magic slingshot, interested seemingly from a mere historical point of view.

history check - origin of slingshot, chances of finding another: 21

22:21, Today: Tijis  rolled 21 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 14. history check - slingshot.

Dak Helranth
 player, 374 posts
 P:13 I:17 Hp:39
 16(18/14/20) S:7 SV:10
Fri 24 Oct 2014
at 13:37
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Dak takes the dagger with a bit of reverence. Knowing that it still has many mysteries to unlock. And wondering what the Wizard might have done. "I thank you Wizard. I hope to some day unlock the mysteries of this magic. In the mean time, I will gladly help your friends." With hat he bids the wizard a pleasant day, and looks to the others. "If we are waiting til morning to leave, then I do believe I will retire to my room for now. Our battle has left me a bit tired."

OoC

I am good to go whenever everyone else is.

Roger Darkblood
 player, 416 posts
 P:10I:10HP:52
 AC:22(21,17,16)S:11,SV:13
Sat 25 Oct 2014
at 00:24
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Roger stepped away from the group looking slightly down he went a decent distance away from the group he then began to say something, but someone would have to follow him to hear him.
Tijis Gildentree
 player, 387 posts
 PP:18 PI:21 hp:42
 AC:21(15/13/17) S:9 SV:10
Sat 25 Oct 2014
at 01:27
Re: Deep below the Keep.
Tijis makes his way to bed and falls heavily onto his bed. "Zzzzzz."
Kbenjar
 player, 11 posts
Sun 26 Oct 2014
at 22:35
Re: Deep below the Keep.
After several weeks on the road chasing the assassins, Kbenjar is relieved when the others retire to sleep, and he does so as well.