Blacksmith's.   Posted by Grimmshade.Group: archive 0
Grimmshade
 GM, 74 posts
 The People's DM
Mon 8 Jul 2013
at 06:37
Blacksmith's
(Location 15) on the Map.

This is obviously a smithy, though no sign hangs here. The shop part of the building is unwalled, and two brawny lads operate a bellows while a giant of a man hammers thunderously upon a piece of metal that will soon become the blade of a shovel. Soot and smoke abound.
Grimmshade
 GM, 75 posts
 The People's DM
Mon 8 Jul 2013
at 06:42
Re: Blacksmith's
At Laas' words, the huge smith looks up from his work. Rage instantly fills his face.
"Can't you see I'm at work here? Don't they teach you not to interrupt a mans work where you come from!?"
Galileo Figaro
 player, 10 posts
Mon 8 Jul 2013
at 20:35
Re: Blacksmith's
In reply to Grimmshade (msg # 2):

"Whoa whoa, easy big fella!" I wave my free hand about in a surrendering fashion, stepping forward infront of Laas (ready to dodge quickly if the hammer comes down), and launch into song.

"Smithy you're a strong man, hard man
Shouting in the street, you could take on the world some day
You got soot on yo' face
A big tool case
Wavin' your hammer all over the place...


"And we want no trouble, friend. We're just, well, in need of a ladle really."

OOC: Using Bard trait "Use magical songs to: Persuade and Charm People"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:16, Mon 08 July 2013.

Grimmshade
 GM, 80 posts
 The People's DM
Mon 8 Jul 2013
at 21:20
Re: Blacksmith's
OOC: Galileo, roll 3d6 and add +3 (2 for Traits, and 1 for your signature instrument!) Rolling vs Resistance (difficulty) of 8.
Galileo Figaro
 player, 11 posts
Mon 8 Jul 2013
at 21:28
Re: Blacksmith's
In reply to Grimmshade (msg # 4):

OOC: 16:24, Today: Galileo Figaro rolled 15 using 3d6+3.

(Could I have also used "Funny Man in Town" (+2)?  Can I only use that once?)

Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 22 posts
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 00:34
Re: Blacksmith's
I narrow my eyes slightly at the blacksmith and his outburst before Galileo blocks him from my view. Turning my attention away from him, I let my bard friend deal with the formalities while I look about the place. I examine the various finished tools and items hanging around, hoping to spot what we came for.
Grimmshade
 GM, 82 posts
 The People's DM
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 01:50
Re: Blacksmith's
OOC: Galilieo could indeed use "Funny Man".
Galileo does enough mental HP damage to charm the outraged blacksmith!
Galileo also can switch his "Funny Man" to something more generically applicable, like "Pied Piper", if he wants.
(Because he had enough left over points for a minor effect)


Laas spies a ladle hanging among pots, pans, and other silverware.

The huge blacksmith calms down at Galileo's words.
"What... I am sorry friend, I know not what came over me."
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 23 posts
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 03:31
Re: Blacksmith's
I casually pluck the ladle from the wall and look it over, deliberately twirling it, weighing it. "This'll do nicely." I look at Umbra and jerk my head towards the smith, then open my coin pouch for the crow to select a nice piece of silver. He picks one after careful consideration, then flutters over to the anvil and lays it down for the smith as payment for services rendered, cawing at him with soft tone and ruffled feathers, still coveting the silver piece Galileo lent him.
Placing the ladle in the bowl I walk back behind Galileo whispering under my breath so that only he hears me, "Well done, you charmed the apron off him."
I turn my gaze out to the street as I hear the quickened pace of Dock, running with some sort of new purpose. I raise an eyebrow, and poke Galileo to alert him also. "Dock, friend, what seems to be troubling you?" I call to him.
Cunningham Hickoryhock
 player, 34 posts
 PHP:18 - MHP:16 - Hero:1
 XP:55
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 04:41
Re: Blacksmith's
Doc scurries up to his companions at the blacksmiths, making fast smiles at the workers while tugging Laas away from the shop, and immediate earshot. He jerks his head with emphasis for Galileo to follow.

"Oh you're finished here?SplendidWe'lljustbegoingthiswaythenpleasethankyou."

Through his pasted-on smiling teeth he inflects quietly but quickly and urgently, "It's not even abandoned. Nope not a bit. Crocmen, foul an' all a-bladey down in that cellar... among all me tools... I locked 'em in, but it's a weak one. Where's big Aymery when you need him eh?"

This message was last edited by the player at 04:44, Tue 09 July 2013.

Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 24 posts
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 06:38
Re: Blacksmith's
In reply to Cunningham Hickoryhock (msg # 9):

"I...think he's at the inn," I grab a hold of Galileo while steadying the bowl and ladle with the other as Doc yanks on the leg of my leather leggings, "Slow down, friend, what are you saying? You locked crocodiles in a closet?-Thankyou, smith!"
The three of us toddle towards the inn in the most peculiar caravan-fashion, leaving the smith looking somewhat calmer, but bemused all the same. I am desperately trying to juggle my oakenstaff, a ladle, a bowl and a squawking crow whilst being unceremoniously dragged across the street.
Cunningham Hickoryhock
 player, 35 posts
 P:18/18 M:16/16 Hero:1
 XP:275
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 14:39
Re: Blacksmith's
Oblivious to Laas' encumbrance difficulties, Doc prattles on with continued hoarse-whispered urgency, "Sweet mercy child, you're the naturalist! I deal in things, not scaley mean bastards swamping up my tool closet."

Realization at what he just said sets in and he suddenly jerks to a halt with horrified eyes, speaking more to himself than anyone else, "Curses! They've likely brought rot and rust to a perfectly good cache!"

Shaking his head he looks from Laas to Galileo and then resumes nearly skip-galloping to the inn. "Yes yes. I'm sneaky sneaky see, so before they knew what valiant foe was upon them... I locked them in their own trap! But it's a comparatively paltry padlock as such things go; I may have done much better had I the time and leisure. As it is, if they've a mind to enjoy halfling pie for tea time it may not be long before their mangy scaly hides and sharp bladeys come a-calling!"

Doc is not actually worried about ending up on a reptilian's platter—he tells himself—but he has quite forgetton his dignity in the excitement and is alternating nearly clasping Laas and Galileo's legs like a child in the city for the first time.

OOC: Well played with that blacksmith song. :) "We will, we will smelt you"?

This message was last edited by the player at 14:43, Tue 09 July 2013.

Galileo Figaro
 player, 12 posts
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 20:33
Re: Blacksmith's
In reply to Cunningham Hickoryhock (msg # 11):

"Wha--er--" I afford the smithy the most gracious bow I can manage while being suddenly tugged away by my coattails and tangled about the legs with a halfling.  It then occurs to me what my tiny friend is saying.

"CROCMEN!!?" After being rudely shushed by both companions, I continue, "Croc-men?" Guess the rumors really are true then.  "Crikey..."

OOC: LOLZ at this whole scene!

Grimmshade
 GM, 85 posts
 The People's DM
Tue 9 Jul 2013
at 21:26
Re: Blacksmith's
As the party of three stumbles off, the blacksmith stares at them with a faraway look.
"Take care friend music man. Watch out for the cold eyes."
The two younger men quickly run over to him and take him inside.

(Proceed either to the Golden Grain Inn thread, or the Battered and Weatherbeaten Structure thread, depending on where you are going!)
Cunningham Hickoryhock
 player, 36 posts
 P:18/18 M:16/16 Hero:1
 XP:275
Wed 10 Jul 2013
at 03:59
Re: Blacksmith's
OOC: I'm headed to the inn, unless Laas and Galileo feel particularly bellicose, dangerous, and confident.
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 25 posts
Wed 10 Jul 2013
at 04:18
Re: Blacksmith's
I am trying to reason all of this in my head, sifting through the babble that is Doc's description as I walk like a man with a clubbed foot, the halfling clutching like a child to his mother's skirts. "Crocodile...men? This sounds most unnatural. We'd best all regroup and figure out a plan of action-oh, sorry Songbird." I release Galileo's coat realizing he no longer needs to be led.

OOC: I was intending to head to the inn to collect our fighter and our mage. :)
Galileo Figaro
 player, 13 posts
Wed 10 Jul 2013
at 12:58
Re: Blacksmith's
In reply to Laas Yah-Nir (msg # 15):

"So a bard, a druid and a halfling walk into a bar..."

OOC: Agreed, to the inn!