Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)   Posted by Grimmshade.Group: 0
Grimmshade
 GM, 371 posts
 The People's DM
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 11:32
Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
After repairing the Naga controlled Fertility Tower of the Archmage, Aymery and Hickoryhock decided to proceed to Concord.
Quoril and Laas return to the Village of Orlane.

Solrin Raenafael is passing through the Village of Orlane looking for his brother.

In the Village Square (area on the map just north of the large "Village of Orlane" writing) the three heroes come upon a large gathering of the villagers. They form a semi-circle, and they all look terrified.
Facing the semi-circle of villagers are three men. A man in yellow robes with a fancy moustache, a gruff armored Dwarf, and a very large cloaked and armored warrior (actually a metal man).
This is the Archmages mercenaries that the heroes encountered on the way to the tower.

The man in the yellow robes twists his moustache wit ha grin on his face and says, "The problems facing your village have been repaired. Knew information which is very important has been obtained from this occurrence, and the Archmage thanks you for your involvement. Unfortunately, you all know too much, and so I'm afraid you must all be silenced. It's nothing personal you understand."
Solrin Raenafael
 player, 75 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 14:03
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Solrin listens to the men's words, his eyes briefly narrowing. 'Agents of the Archmage, and scum by the sound of it. I will stop this and get some answers about Elohir.'

Gently pushing aside the townsfolk to move to the front, he stops before the three aggressors. The High Elf before them is adorned in silver colored scale mail which covers his upper body and extends past his knees to end in a kilt-like covering of his legs. A white tabard with dark blue stripes running along the outer edge and his heraldry- a quarter moon over top of an elven harp mark - sits proudly on the chest.

He carries a long, sleek, yet deadly, elven spear in his right hand, the tip seemingly weaving subtlety dangerously even when at peace. On his left arm a long, scutum-style shield emblazoned with a great blue dragon image in a star filled night sky marks him, to those who would know such things, as a member of the Elf Queen's elite High Guard.

"These innocent people most likely neither know nor care about the Archmage's plans or efforts. They are simple folk, who most likely want only to go about their lives. They are not like you and I, concerning ourselves with the secrets and safety of the land. Perhaps we can discuss these matters as civilized folk. And perhaps you can tell me of my brother Elohir, who serves the Archmage."

(If I need to make some sort of Diplomacy roll, let me know, but I have a feeling they aren't willing to listen to reason.)
Grimmshade
 GM, 373 posts
 The People's DM
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 21:56
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The dwarf sneers in a way that makes his moustache and beard bristle, and shifts his heavy axe in his hands. "Another fancy pants stinking elf, let's kill him first."

The man in yellow robes smiles while putting a finishing curl on his own moustache, "Well, it seems Fimling doesn't want to sit down and discuss matters Elf. I can't say I disagree with him."
Solrin Raenafael
 player, 77 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 22:10
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
"Good people, return to your homes. We will settle this without putting you in danger," Solrin says to the townsfolk behind him, without taking his steely grey eyes off of the dwarf.
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 109 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 00:26
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Laas reaches the village and quickly takes stock of the situation. He recognises the aggressors threatening the townspeople, and pausing for a moment, feels he recognises the well-presented High Elf in some way also.
He shoulders his way gently through the crowd to stand at this newcomer's side, facing the threat down together. "I should have known you three wouldn't let this be. Leave at once, or face the consequences."
Laas plants the end of his oakenstaff firmly on the ground just in front of him. Where before there was little effect, there is now a distinct rumbling echo through the earth.
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 136 posts
 HP:18/18 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 00:59
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
In reply to Laas Yah-Nir (msg # 5):

Indeed...I myself am within Archmage's circle , and I can tell you the slaughter of the innocent will never be tolerated. Of course not that the Archmage will ever know...right?

You pitiful. Ignorant  apes take the mission upon yourself and silence all who could talk. This way no one knows the true outcome and you can trade ignorance for gold.

How many....how many lives have been taken apnecause you are stupid and greedy. How many soul wander the world beyond because you assume authority that is not yours? 

Grimmshade
 GM, 374 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 01:26
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The dwarf wrinkles his nose, "Criminy, the Elves are crawling out of the woodwork now. Let's kill them before they multiply further."
Hefting his axe he steps towards the heroes while the yellow robed mage prepares a spell!

OOC: Laas and Solrin, roll initiative. If you beat as 13 you may act. You are Nearby everything.
I'm making it simple and having all the Baddies go at once:
Grimmshade rolled 13 using 1d20+5 ((8))
I'm also rolling for Quoril, as I believe he is out of town till Friday.
Grimmshade rolled 2 using 1d20 ((2)) +10, so Total 12.


EDIT: Oops! Quoril posted while I was posting!
Quoril, if you are around tonight and can act, go ahead and roll your own initiative!   :)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:28, Fri 14 Mar 2014.

Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 137 posts
 HP:18/18 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 02:06
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
In reply to Grimmshade (msg # 7):

OOC: Yeah a little punchy after a long day but I think I can pull off a post...

21:53, Today: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 16 using 1d20+10. Q's initiative .

So I guess I can go


Quoril senses the groups aggression. Could it be the wand whispering to hi to strike first!?

Vile villains! He speaks an curse in high Elvish and then speaks the arcane words as his wand points at the other wizards.

Burn, burn by the power  the arrow of basilisk blood!

OOC: burning my daily early. Acid arrow. Int(4)+LVL(2) +1 for wand.=+7 vs PD
22:02, Today: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Acid arrow in your face

4d10+1 acid damage if I hit with 5 ongoing acid damage. If I miss he still takes the 5 ongoing and I can reuse the spell


22:05, Thu 13 Mar 2014: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 23 using 4d10+1 ((8,2,8,4)).


This message was last edited by the GM at 02:35, Fri 14 Mar 2014.

Grimmshade
 GM, 375 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 02:43
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The man in the yellow robe let's loose a high pitched scream as the red sizzling ichor splashes over his face! He runs off down the street a ways holding his smoking flesh, and then falls face first into the dust...

The Dwarf looks horrified for a moment, then more angry.
Solrin Raenafael
 player, 79 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 03:02
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Solrin, glad to have allies at his back to fight this tyranny, stepped forwards to engage the dwarf, his spear darting outwards as he interposed himself between the angry warrior and the righteous wizard...

(22:56, Today: Solrin Raenafael rolled 1 using 1d3. Fight from the Front (Command Points).
22:55, Today: Solrin Raenafael rolled 5 using 1d6+2. Spear Damage (1 handed).
22:53, Today: Solrin Raenafael rolled 20 using 1d20+4. Basic Melee Attack (Dwarf).

Rolled as if I hit, if not discard damage and command point rolls.

Command Points: 3 if hit, otherwise 2 (1 base, 1 for Strategist Talent.)

Grimmshade
 GM, 377 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 03:14
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The Dwarf attempting to get to the Elven Wizard who melted his comrades face roars at Solrin, "Outta the way Cretin!"
Solrin's spear digging into his mail get's his attention, "Oh, you want to play do ya?"

OOC: The Dwarf took 6 damage.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:32, Fri 14 Mar 2014.

Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 111 posts
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 03:58
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
OOC: 22:22, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 22 using 1d20+5. Initiative.

With near-unnatural speed, Laas' body contorts and shifts into the form of a massive black wolf, letting out a gutteral growl as he does so.

OOC: I roll a save to see if my shifting can be a quick action, otherwise it takes a standard action to shift.
22:30, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 12 using 1d20. Shapeshift. (Yay!)
Then I also roll a d3, and that value is added to my attack bonus in wolf form (this is instead of gaining the escalation die).
22:31, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 3 using 1d3. Bonus attack value. (Everything is coming up Laas!)


With no hesitation, Laas' launches his wolf form at the dwarf, his teeth baring for his weapon-arm.

OOC: 22:41, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 19 using 1d20+8.
Half Elf Racial - Once per battle I can subtract -1 from a natural result of my own d20 roll, I'll do this now, taking my total to 18 to hit. On an even roll my wolf attack does 1d10xLevel+Dex instead of 1d6xLevel+Dex.
Damage!- 22:54, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 8 using 2d10+3. Bite damage on Dwarf.
But wait there's more! I get two attacks as a wolf.
22:43, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 18 using 1d20+8. Second attack.
Even roll so d10 damage...
22:56, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 10 using 2d10+3. Bite damage on Dwarf.


Laas tears and maims the Dwarf's forearm, attempting to disable him from using his weapon.
Grimmshade
 GM, 380 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 04:09
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
OOC: The dwarf is Staggered/Bloodied by Laas damage, down to 12 HP remaining!


The Dwarf howls in pain as the wolf savages his arm. "Yaaaaah, help you giant hunk of tin!"
The Metal Man moves in swinging his large spiked hammer, as the dwarf hacks at the wolf with his axe.

OOC: Grimmshade rolled 27,28 using d20+9,d20+9 ((18,19))
Laas takes 14 Total HP, and has 2 sets of 3 Ongoing damage from bleeding wounds (Save Ends!)


OOC: That ends the round, the PC's may act again. Escalation is +1

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:14, Fri 14 Mar 2014.

Solrin Raenafael
 player, 83 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 04:28
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Solrin circles and strikes, his spear going wide of the dwarf, but leaving an opening for Laas to bite the dwarf again. "Take heart, friend, we shall see this through, victorious."

(00:22, Today: Solrin Raenafael rolled 11 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 6. Attack Dwarf. Miss from me, but going to use a Quick Action to give Laas a free basic attack with Basic Tactical Strike. On Laas' turn I will Interrupt to use a Rally Now if she wants it.

Command Points: 3 (2 if Laas uses Rally Now)

Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 113 posts
 HP 26/40 Ongoing 3+3
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 07:50
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
OOC: I'll certainly not turn down a free attack, thanks friend! And after I take the bleed damage I will be at half HP so I would appreciate a rally as well, thanks.
 02:45, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 17 using 2d6+7. Rally recovery. (Nice)


Laas flinches visibly, but his thick wolf fur manages to absorb some of the force from the blows. Seeing the opening, he lunges for the Dwarf's throat.

OOC: Free attack granted by Solrin, 02:37, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 9 using 1d20+8. Free attack. (Wow)

The grizzled dwarf seems ready for Laas this time, but Laas presses the advantage, teeth gnashing.

OOC: I'll take my action now.
02:40, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 16 using 1d20+8. First attack .
02:41, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 9 using 1d20+8. Second attack. I don't think either of those hit.
Maybe I can at least save out of the bleed damage!
02:49, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 9,1 using d20,d20. Save from bleed x2. THIS DICE ROLLER IS RIGGED.

Grimmshade
 GM, 381 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 10:24
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The dwarf and the huge wolf are locked in furious combat. The Dwarf holds his axe in both hands, it's haft pressed out barely holding the wolf at bay, as it gnashes and bites inches from his throat. The Dwarf yells to the metal warrior, "Kill it! Kill it!"

OOC: Quoril is up, and then the NPC's.
Escalation Die is at +1

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:25, Fri 14 Mar 2014.

Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 138 posts
 HP:18/18 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 12:17
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
In reply to Grimmshade (msg # 16):

Quoril decides to try and take the fight out of the dwarf.

Yield, and we will show you more mercy than you have ever shown

Then the with a gesture Quoril summons a small fey covered in icicles. The fey produces a horn and as it blows the horn a Ray of Frost streaks at the dwarf.

OOC. Int 4+ LVL 2+ wand +1 vs PD.

08:14, Today: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 19 using 1d20+7. Frost up the dwarf.

Damage if that hits

08:15, Fri 14 Mar 2014: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 8 using 3d6+1 ((1,5,1)).

If not 2 for my level

Grimmshade
 GM, 382 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 12:54
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The dwarf curses again as he is blasted with ice, and with a great heave of his axe he disengages from the wolf.

OOC: Disengage roll Grimmshade rolled 16 using 1d20 ((16))
Draw crossbow with quick action.
Shoot + Metal Man Hammer Grimmshade rolled 21,19 using d20+7,d20+7 ((14,12))
Laas takes 14 more damage, but no additional Ongoing.


Still cursing the Dwarf drops his axe and fumbles for his crossbow. "Take this you mangy mutt!" he yells while firing off a quick shot that grazes Laas' side.

The Metal Man swings his hammer at the wolf as commanded by the Dwarf, striking Laas another glancing blow.

OOC: Round 3, all the PC's are up! +2 Escalation Die!
Solrin Raenafael
 player, 86 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 13:12
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Solrin steps forward, pursuing the dwarf as his spear darts out, missing again. Casting a glance at Laas' wounds he notices one has stopped bleeding.

(09:07, Today: Solrin Raenafael rolled 10 using 1d20+6. Attack Dwarf (Basic Attack). So no Command Point or damage again, this is getting old.

Use Enforce Clarity on one of Laas' bleed effects, so it ends no roll required as a Quick Action.

Command Points: 2)

Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 115 posts
 HP 17/40 Ongoing 3
 AC:17 PD:16 MD:12
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 13:43
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Laas yelps a wolfish cry of pain, but is not deterred in spite of his injuries. The dwarf's antagonism only fuels his drive to end him quickly. He attempts to slip under the metal man's attacks and close the gap with the dwarf.

OOC: 08:08, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 2 using 1d20. Disengage from Clankypants. (*Headdesk*)
 The metal monstrosity keeps Laas engaged so he turns his attention to him!

OOC: 08:38, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 21,9 using 1d20+8,1d20+8. Two attacks versus metal man. (That's ANOTHER ONE, what the FOOOOOOOOOK guys!)
Assuming the 21 hits: 08:40, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 12 using 2d6+3. At least the damage from that one hit was somewhat decent.

I use my quick action to end one of my DoTs, and try to save out of the second:
08:42, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 5 using 1d20. Save vs bleed DoT.
Oh well...at least one has ended, thanks Solrin!
I'm going to bed.

Grimmshade
 GM, 384 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 13:46
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
The wolf's teeth sink into the Metal man's arm as he blocks the way to the Dwarf.

OOC: Laas is Staggered, with 1 bleed effect still on.
The Dwarf is at 4 HP, The Metal Man is at 24 HP
Quoril is up! Escalation is +2

Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 139 posts
 HP:18/18 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 21:48
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
In reply to Grimmshade (msg # 21):

Quoril sees Laas injured and quickly tries to figure out a way to end this...of course there is always the chance the wizard will recover and shoot him in the back...

time is of the essence, so Quoril does a quick conjuration summoning a small platoon of colorful sprites. Pointing at the dwarf and the metal man he commands them to charge, each sprite readies a clans that seems to sizzle with colorful pixie dust.

A bright rainbow streaks at the dwarf and forged warrior covering their heads with multicolored dust...

Quoril holds his breath as he sees if the attack did indeed strike at the minds of his foes.


OOC: color Spray (and the metal man might just be immune) is INT(4)+ LVL (2)+ Wand (1) vs MD

17:44, Today: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 2 using 1d4. color spray number of enemies. So it can target both (again if our metal man has a "mind"


17:45, Today: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 23 using 1d20+7. Color spray vs. MD.

if that hit


17:46, Today: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 9 using 2d8+1. color spray potential psychic dmg.

Grimmshade
 GM, 387 posts
 The People's DM
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 03:10
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
OOC: The Dwarf goes to 0 HP, and the Metal Man goes to 15 HP.

The Dwarf yells, "No! No get back! Damn Elven magick! Noooo!" and collapses from the sprites attack.
The Metal Man staggers under their mental onslaught as well, and his attack on Laas goes wide!

OOC: Grimmshade rolled 15 using 1d20+7 ((8)) Misses Laas
PC's are all up! Escalation is +3

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:10, Sat 15 Mar 2014.

Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 116 posts
 HP 17/40 Ongoing 3
 AC:17 PD:16 MD:12
Sat 15 Mar 2014
at 03:21
Re: Village Square (Intro to Campaign 2)
Laas nimbly dodges a swing from the iron monstrosity and springs for him again, hoping to bring him down.

OOC: 22:16, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 18,23 using 1d20+8,1d20+8. Two attacks versus metal man.
First hit is even so damage is d10 instead of d6.
22:18, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 17 using 2d10+3. Damage.
Overkill! Second hit.
22:19, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 13 using 2d6+3. damage.


Laas goes for the throat and this time his aim is true. There is a crunch as the metal is punctured under the pressure of the massive wolf's bites.