Bhir Vedi's Tower.   Posted by Grimmshade.Group: 0
Grimmshade
 GM, 398 posts
 The People's DM
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 08:33
Bhir Vedi's Tower
Travelling to the tower takes the little wagon through rolling hills. On the left, to the North, the party passes the peaceful Halfling towns of Twisp and Burrow. The small folk sit on porches, smoking pipeweed, or work in their large gardens and fields.

After 5 more days of travel, the wagon reaches a small glasslike lake. From the center of the lake rises a white tower.

In the distance to the East, the Queens Wood can be seen.

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:34, Thu 20 Mar 2014.

Solrin Raenafael
 player, 101 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 14:44
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
Solrin stands and jumps down out of the wagon, then takes a moment to stretch out before fixing a hard gaze on the distant tower. After a moment he looks along the shore, seeking a boat or other way to make the crossing.

"Quoril, do you know this man well? Is there any chance he is being controlled to issue such evil orders, or is he capable of being behind this?"
Grimmshade
 GM, 399 posts
 The People's DM
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 21:30
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
OOC: I'll let Quoril speak for himself, but there is certainly no shortness of wizards who are either morally skewed or morally lacking.
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 145 posts
 HP:24/24 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Thu 20 Mar 2014
at 22:52
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
In reply to Grimmshade (msg # 3):

I wish I could give an accurate prognostication.

Bihar Vedl was a good hearted man curious and could become obsessed with lost knowledge and power.  But I wouldn't have pegged him as one capable of ordering so many deaths.

But the magical arts have many  pitfalls. He could be under the influence of a creature, a demon, or another more powerful wizard.

He could have tasted power and been corrupted.

This writ could've been forged.

Let's see, if he will give us an audience.

Solrin Raenafael
 player, 103 posts
 HP: 32/32 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC: 18 PD: 13 MD: 15
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 02:49
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
Not seeing any manner of making their way to the island, Solrin looks over to Quoril. "This seems suspiciously like a puzzle or hidden matter related to the arcane. Do you have any insight on this, wizard?"
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 146 posts
 HP:24/24 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Fri 21 Mar 2014
at 03:42
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
In reply to Solrin Raenafael (msg # 5):

It does...of course we could just ask...I am sure Bhir knows we are here.

Now if he hasn't noticed us yet we have  the element of surprise.

Quoril  looks around for a way in.


OOC: I am going to look around. I assume INT plus Magical Progeny would be a sensible roll to figure out a way to enter the tower
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 128 posts
 HP 37/40 Recoveries 6/8
 AC:17 PD:16 MD:12
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 04:19
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
Laas unhitches the mule and brings it to the lakeside to quench its thirst. Tethering it with enough line to graze, he wordlessly moves off to search the shore for a watercraft of some form. A boat may be concealed in the trees above the waterline.
Grimmshade
 GM, 401 posts
 The People's DM
Sat 22 Mar 2014
at 04:25
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
Laas sees no boat in the brush, but giant sturgeon-like fish swim the lake.

Quoril suspects a ritual is probably normally used to enter the tower, or some sort of summoning.
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 130 posts
 HP 37/40 Recoveries 6/8
 AC:17 PD:16 MD:12
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 01:22
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
Laas walks carefully out into the lake until he is waist-deep in the water. Placing his palms on the surface of the lake, he closes his eyes and concentrates.

OOC: Using my background Hand of Nature along with Wisdom+level.
20:17, Today: Laas Yah-Nir rolled 14 using 1d20+7. Call a sturgeon.


Laas can feel the wizard's arcane manipulation interfering with the natural ley-lines of the earth but hopes his will can be heard.
Grimmshade
 GM, 404 posts
 The People's DM
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 08:34
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
After a moment a large wake appears moving out from near the tower. As it nears Laas, a huge shape partially rises out of the calm water. At first it appears to be a huge catfish, but upon closer inspection the "whiskers" are moving oddly and the thing has three large eyes and several small ones. It is an aberration.
"I am no child of the natural world Druid. You have no kinship to me."
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 131 posts
 HP 37/40 Recoveries 6/8
 AC:17 PD:16 MD:12
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 11:15
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
Laas abruptly backs out of the water onto the shore. "Yes...I see that now. Uh. Quoril?" He looks to the elf mage while pointing at the creature of the deep, "Any idea what that thing is?"
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 148 posts
 HP:24/24 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Tue 25 Mar 2014
at 14:28
Re: Bhir Vedi's Tower
In reply to Laas Yah-Nir (msg # 11):

My first guess would be the magics of the tower have enchanted and changed this creature,

Quoril give the fish a look over


So tell me waterdweller were you created by Bhir Vedi or born in these waters?


Not exactly expecting an answer Quoril continues to study the fish

OOC: Let's give it a mage knowledge roll INT +4 Magical Progeny +4

10:26, Tue 25 Mar 2014: Quoril Silversgleaming rolled 22 using 1d20+8 ((14)).

And my prepared spells are not incredibly useful here, Ray of frost may the my best choice to create an ice bridge over...Q will begin working on this after talking with the fish.