Temple of Brighid.   Posted by Grimmshade.Group: 0
Baenix of House Xarathos
 player, 224 posts
 HP: 20/20 Recoveries: 7/7
 AC: 12 PD: 12 MD: 17
Thu 17 Jul 2014
at 14:41
Re: Temple of Brighid
Goremak swats at the creature now attacking him as he would a fly. Baenix creates a purple colored stream of energy between himself and the strange creature trying to drain his life force and add it to his own.

(10:37, Today: Baenix of House Xarathos rolled 9 using 2d6-1 with rolls of 5,5. Recovery.
10:36, Today: Baenix of House Xarathos rolled 9 using 2d6+4 with rolls of 1,4. Damage.
10:36, Today: Baenix of House Xarathos rolled 14 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 4. Channel Life Mann (vs MD).
10:33, Today: Baenix of House Xarathos rolled 5 using 1d8 with rolls of 5. Goremak damage.
10:33, Today: Baenix of House Xarathos rolled 28 using 1d20+10 with rolls of 18. Goremak attack Mann.

If the MD attack misses there is no damage or recovery but it is not expended.)

Grimmshade
 GM, 582 posts
 The People's DM
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 03:10
Re: Temple of Brighid
Goremak hits the creature hard with his maul, sending it sprawling, and Baenix's magic drains away at the creatures life essence.

Hazruul is still running and screaming when he is suddenly pulled onto the ground by the grasping hands which hold him their in their purple veil for a moment, and then vanish. Hazruuls corpse has taken on a deep lavender color.

OOC: The Mannushia is Staggered/Bloodied.
Hazruul is dead.
Ivric is up!

Ivric Twotoes
 player, 83 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 33/33
 AC/PD/MD:19/15/14 R:8/8
Fri 18 Jul 2014
at 11:11
Re: Temple of Brighid
Ivric brings down Mannushia with one well-placed shot to its heart.

He doesn't bother to return to hiding -- it's just mopping up now.

"That for her bastard Inquisitors."

Hit Mannushia for 40.

Crit range is 17-20 thanks to Lethal Hunter.

07:09, Today: Ivric Twotoes rolled 20 using 2d8+5. Undoubled damage vs Mannushia.
07:07, Today: Ivric Twotoes rolled 27 using 1d20+10. BRA vs Mannushia.

Grimmshade
 GM, 583 posts
 The People's DM
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 07:51
Re: Temple of Brighid
As the Mannushia drops lifeless to the ground with Ivrics arrow imbedded in it, the centaurs finish off the three remaining fanatics.

The battlefield is silent except for the clip clopping of the centaurs hooves.
Baenix of House Xarathos
 player, 225 posts
 HP: 20/20 Recoveries: 7/7
 AC: 12 PD: 12 MD: 17
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 10:37
Re: Temple of Brighid
Baenix walks over to the fallen Kherubim, and runs a hand over the fur. Without looking back at him, the necromancer says, "Goremak, I think you may have finally earned your rest. I believe I found a suitable...replacement."
Ivric Twotoes
 player, 84 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 33/33
 AC/PD/MD:19/15/14 R:8/8
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 14:08
Re: Temple of Brighid
Ivric collects his spent arrows, leaving the one in Marrushia's heart for Baenix to do with as he pleases.

"That was satisfying.

"Quoril, I hope you weren't serious in that parley. They attacked us first and ordered that we be conscripted, not saying a word about negotiation before Baenix fought back."

Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 202 posts
 HP: 23/24 Recoveries: 5/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 17:46
Re: Temple of Brighid
In reply to Ivric Twotoes (msg # 118):

Oh I was serious...before you let your folly of arrows fly I had them cowed.  Yes, they came to with intentions of conquest and conscription , but  when I invoked my birthright and the authority if the Elf Queen, they stopped in their tracks.

We were a mere exchange of platitudes and more "saber rattling" before they left  and yet they would've left never to return. They felt that the temple was ripe for picking but they feared the ire of the elves...as they should.


Quoril trails off in thought.

Fortunately for you  my impetuous friend , they were less equipped for battle than they were for negotiation. Cause  if any centaurs had fallen in needless battle, it would've been on your head.

Technically, the needless deaths of these zealots are your fault but I doubt any of us will lose much sleep...we have sent them to their goddess and if she received them well or not is not our concern.

Now, let's hope this wasn't a harbinger of a larger force...

This message was last edited by the player at 17:56, Sat 19 July 2014.

Ivric Twotoes
 player, 85 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 33/33
 AC/PD/MD:19/15/14 R:8/8
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 18:01
Re: Temple of Brighid
Ivric boggles at Quoril. "They stopped in their tracks when Baenix slew two of their number with his chant. Hazruul was still attacking him even as the Mannushia offered to negotiate, lying about who attacked whom. And did you not say, a quarter hour past, that 'this is war?'" And you were right. I know their kind. I was one of their kind. They only parleyed when they realized they might not win."
Baenix of House Xarathos
 player, 226 posts
 HP: 20/20 Recoveries: 7/7
 AC: 12 PD: 12 MD: 17
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 18:07
Re: Temple of Brighid
"The only thing worse than letting those religious simpletons past to do what they came here to do, is to debate why they are dead. Dead and we are not. It is a good day, if they had slain us, perhaps not so much. Now, where was my flaying knife," Baenix spoke reaching inside his robe, then patting his pockets.
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 203 posts
 HP: 23/24 Recoveries: 5/8
 AC:16 PD:12 MD:16
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 18:29
Re: Temple of Brighid
In reply to Ivric Twotoes (msg # 120):


 There are time when I feel guilty for saying this...but Elves truly are the wisest creatures in all of creation. Excellent point friend Baenix , I for one believe it is time for wine and feasting.



Quoril then begins to talk to the empty air walking around the grass tilting his head  awaiting a reply

So why would the priestess send a force that looks impressive but is so obviously weak?

We've been more challenge by singular creatures and that trio of assassins.

Could this be a feint ? Is the the scout force?

Come on fair ones...you whispered in my ear when I attempted peace...you begged for their blood.

So tell me now, what do you know, what have your eyes seen, or ears heard that I have not?

Speak...I may be in your debt but I will not be treated as a blunt weapon. Speak! 


OOC: I figure having fey whisper in his ear makes the wizard even more crazy.
Ivric Twotoes
 player, 88 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 33/33
 AC/PD/MD:19/15/14 R:8/8
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 20:48
Re: Temple of Brighid
Ivric seems about to say more, then shrugs. He turns to searching the bodies, commenting to Quoril, "You find answers your way, I'll find them mine."
Grimmshade
 GM, 584 posts
 The People's DM
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 21:03
Re: Temple of Brighid
The seeds of a dandelion take flight in the breeze and twirl around Quoril's head.
"You underestimate your own abilities, and those of your companions. The zealots overestimate their own."
Grimmshade
 GM, 585 posts
 The People's DM
Sat 19 Jul 2014
at 21:34
Re: Temple of Brighid
At the temple, everyone is thankful for the heroes and celebrate with a great feast and party.

The locals present Quoril with a tome that was left in a village long ago by a wandering seer.

OOC: Tome of the Open Mind (recharge 16+): This dense poetry opens channels in the mind that you didnít even know you had.
When you roll a skill check using Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma and dislike the result, reroll the check.
Quirk: Annoyingly curious.


The Temple Maidens present Ivric with a bow long kept in their care.

OOC: Steady Longbow - +1 Hit and Damage
(ranged weapon Ė recharge 11+): Before rolling a ranged attack with this weapon, choose 10 as the natural roll for that attack.
Quirk: Talks too much about the weather.


The centaur Ayla presents Laas with a druidic staff that they found in a long forgotten grove.

OOC: Staff of Wild Abandon - +1 Hit & Damage
(melee weapon): You deal +2d6 damage with your first attack each battle using this weapon (champion: +4d6; epic: +4d12).
Quirk: Doesn't like being backed into a corner.

Baenix of House Xarathos
 player, 227 posts
 HP: 20/20 Recoveries: 7/7
 AC: 12 PD: 12 MD: 17
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 00:48
Re: Temple of Brighid
During the festivities, Baenix slips away directing Goremak to bring the Kherubim to the crypt he had fallen in earlier. There he begins the work of creating a new servant. In the early morning he departs the area while everyone else sleeps, a silent skeletal form flying behind him and a pile of ogre bones laying below.

(Hope that's an ok narrative for Baenix's exit, if not feel free to edit Grimm : ) )
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 204 posts
 HP 30/36 Recoveries 5/8
 AC:15 PD:16(+2) MD:13
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 06:39
Re: Temple of Brighid
Laas sits contentedly by the open fire, affixing a couple of the Mannushia's pinion feathers to his new staff.
Ivric Twotoes
 player, 90 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 40/40
 AC/PD/MD:20/16/15 R:8/8
Sun 20 Jul 2014
at 12:55
Re: Temple of Brighid
Ivric eats and drinks with gusto, though conspicuously does not seek out Diarma.
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 207 posts
 HP: 30/30 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:17 PD:13 MD:17
Tue 22 Jul 2014
at 00:11
Re: Temple of Brighid
In reply to Ivric Twotoes (msg # 128):

Quoril drinks and tells stories, casts can trips for the crowd and flirts with any female that catches his eye.
Dwalin Firefoot
 player, 232 posts
 HP: 64/64 Recoveries: 9/9
 AC: 19 PD: 17 MD: 13
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 03:23
Re: Temple of Brighid
As the adventurers headed away from the temple, a lone figure came into view heading down the road. Closer, the three can see the heavily armored form of a dwarf approaching. Silver and gold plates adorn his body, overlapping, providing sturdy protection in battle, a helm fits tightly on his head, his eyes concealed in the shadows of the headpiece. On his hip are two items of note. The first is a dwarf-forged warhammer, shining in the sun. The other is a well-crafted mug, upon which is imprinted a pair of armored boots that seem to be erupting into flames. On his left arm is a simple shield, but at times it seems to glimmer without any noticeable light reflecting off of it.

On his back is a variety of traveling gear, a backpack, and a longbow is slung over his shoulder.

He stops a few feet away and stares at them for a long moment.

" 'oi. You lot look like tha folk ahm seekin'. Ye bah any chance kill a dwarf bah tha name o' Fimling?"

This message was last edited by the player at 11:24, Wed 23 July 2014.

Ivric Twotoes
 player, 94 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 40/40
 AC/PD/MD:20/16/15 R:8/8
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 11:19
Re: Temple of Brighid
Ivric looks at Quoril and Laas. He has no idea himself.
Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 209 posts
 HP: 30/30 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:17 PD:13 MD:17
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 13:24
Re: Temple of Brighid
In reply to Ivric Twotoes (msg # 131):

I have killed one dwarf. I didn't catch his name though. He was a lowly sort, and partnered himself with a wizard in yellow and a man made of wood and steel.

These three were agents of a more powerful wizard and sought to slaughter a small village of simple folk to keep secret the results of a careless magical experiment .

My comrades at the time stood between the three villains and the townsfolk. The rogues fell quickly.

Does this sound like Fliming?


Quoril winks at Laas and through the connection that all elves share... Laas knows that Quoril feels that this Dwarf is of more heroic stock, but just in case he is out for vengeance Quoril has presented himself as the sole target.

OOC: that is unless Grimm sees the Elven connection thing that is hinted in the rule book as being only able to communicate more vague ideas.

Speaking of that , this means the Elf Queen and other members of my family know I invoked her authority without permission and after I said I wanted nothing to do with court politics. (And I rolled a 6 on that conflicted relationship , oh boy)

Dwalin Firefoot
 player, 233 posts
 HP: 64/64 Recoveries: 9/9
 AC: 19 PD: 17 MD: 13
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 14:04
Re: Temple of Brighid
The dwarf stares at Quoril for what seems an eternity, his shadowed eyes hidden in the depths of the helm. Then he bends over and lets out a guffaw, one hand moving up to steady his broad belly. Leaning back, still laughing, he looks up at the sky and shakes his head.

Taking a deep breath, he reaches up to rub his chin then runs a hand down his thick auburn colored beard which is tied with silver rings that are engraved in Dwarven rune-script. Letting out a final shuddering chuckle he shakes his head again.

" 'oi, ole Fimling died embarrassed ahe tell yah lads. He hated Elves, sure as the sun rises. Right glad tha one's gone fer sure, hah! Don'a suppose he had anything' on him, ahe map, documents, anythin' like that? He was workin' fer a wizard, so it has tah have been him- twas involved in some scheme regardin' ah tower and some other ruins. Ruins ahm might keen tah find. But ah forget meself, ahm Dwalin, Dwalin Firefoot, treasure seeker at yer service,"  the dwarf spoke.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:07, Wed 23 July 2014.

Quoril Silversgleaming
 player, 210 posts
 HP: 30/30 Recoveries: 8/8
 AC:17 PD:13 MD:17
Wed 23 Jul 2014
at 16:58
Re: Temple of Brighid
In reply to Dwalin Firefoot (msg # 133):

Quoril laughs as well as the the tension is broken

Dwalin Firefoot, I am Quoril Silversgleaming and these are my companions whom I will not deny the right of self introduction...

As to any maps upon the fallen dwarf, we found only a letter which lead us to his patron, Bhir Vedi



OOC: At least that's all I remember...if I am mistaken, I'm not trying to mislead Dwalin and I can edit the post.
Laas Yah-Nir
 player, 207 posts
 HP 45/45 Recoveries 8/8
 AC:16 PD:17 MD:14
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 03:20
Re: Temple of Brighid
"Glad to know you, Dwalin. I am Laas, a druid. As it just so happens we are headed to those ruins so this comes as something of a coincidence." Laas extends his hand to shake the dwarf's own.
Dwalin Firefoot
 player, 234 posts
 HP: 64/64 Recoveries: 9/9
 AC: 19 PD: 17 MD: 13
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 09:38
Re: Temple of Brighid
"Ahh, so tha wizard Fimling was workin' fer told ye of tha ruins? Excellent, lads. I don'a suppose ye'd be ok wit anodder adventurer on yer journey?

Bah tha looks o' it ye could use ah strong hammerer to guard ye, and ah'd enjoy tha company- not tah mention ah good idea of whar tah look first."

Ivric Twotoes
 player, 95 posts
 Halfing hunter: HP 40/40
 AC/PD/MD:20/16/15 R:8/8
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 10:58
Re: Temple of Brighid
"Ivric," the halfling offers laconically.