Broderick's Expedition.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Broderick Leibert
 player, 250 posts
Sun 10 Sep 2017
at 20:35
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 467):


I'll arrange to get 12 signs madeup. What do you want them to say. The Hobgoblins were asking about raw materials for their products.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:03, Mon 11 Sept.

Ashbury
 player, 38 posts
 Outfitter
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 01:30
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 468):

The Outfitter scratches his head
"What on earth do hobgoblins produce? I know goblins do leatherwork, tinsmithing and pewter casting, as well as crafting inferior knives, but I  have never seen a hobgoblin that wasn't a porter or a guard.  A dozen signs then. Fine... make sure they have arrows pointing to the place. It would probably be more effective to have arrow signs made up separately. I will have to get someone to check on it though, as I am not going down there until the dwarves are done with ratproofing the place.  Now I have to look at staffing... I am going to need people, people mind you, not orcs or other blasted gobblekin, people who aren't going to run off and leave me in the lurch, or pilferers. I need trustworthy people. I have a servant or two, and an Agent..."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 251 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 03:14
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 469):

They mentioned producing Rope, which they sell to ships. nodding in agreement about staffing, however there were some people who shouldn't even be considered.
Ashbury
 player, 39 posts
 Outfitter
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 15:45
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 470):

"Ah the Ropemakers Guild. Now that makes sense. What sort of raw materials  issue do they have? They have a bear monopoly on hemp and a sizeable portion of the flax market as well."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 252 posts
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 20:10
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 471):

I suspect they are looking at increasing their monopoly, which makes sense if they can manage that, everyone who needs the stuff will be paying them however it means they'll eventually dictate prices.
Narrator
 GM, 4401 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 20:43
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 472):

Ooc you do remember what specific substance they wanted to work with? Or are you trying to conceal that from him?

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:04, Thu 14 Sept.

Broderick Leibert
 player, 253 posts
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 00:10
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 473):

ooc Yes silk.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:57, Wed 13 Sept.

Narrator
 GM, 4404 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 14:22
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 474):

The Adventurer's guild is not involved with raw material monopolies,  but the rope maker's guild has reached out to you as a guild representative to get some kind of leverage against the shadow elves of Twilight house in order to get a better deal from the Weavers. The weavers make silk rope from raw silk, but the ropemakers look to braid their own. It is a negotable point, and could lead to a deal where there are discounts on rope for the guild, which could greatly enrich guild vendors like Ashbury.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 254 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 20:30
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 475):

Broderick attempts to entice knowledge of the situation and involvement if any from Ashbury, if he has any; if so working with a fellow Guild member would benefit them both; however if Broderick's associate is as in the dark as he is, it may serve to look into this himself or discuss the matter with his contemporaries.
Narrator
 GM, 4415 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 14:06
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 476):

I need you to articulate everything you are saying to npcs because it is the only way I can gauge their reactions. I couldn't tell if you were concealing info from your associate or did not recall. It might not be significant to him, or it could lead to a business/adventure proposition or distrust from the suspected ommission.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 255 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 20:04
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 477):

ooc To avoid overstepping his position. Is it Guild protocol for Members of Broderick rank to act on behalf of the guild when other Guilds seek to get some kind of leverage against other organisations?
Narrator
 GM, 4420 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 20:18
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 478):

As Rank 3 you can propose something to the small council and retain an interest in it. You basically told the hobgoblins that you would look into it, and that is allowable.
Narrator
 GM, 4420 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 20:18
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 478):

As Rank 3 you can propose something to the small council and retain an interest in it. You basically told the hobgoblins that you would look into it, and that is allowable.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 256 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 23:06
Re: Broderick's Expedition
Broderick explained the situation to Ashbury without leaving out anything. Suggesting a possible collaboration in this deal.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:41, Tue 19 Sept.

Ashbury
 player, 40 posts
 Outfitter
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 14:08
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 481):

"So the ropemakers might like to deal directly with the weavers, instead of going through Twilight House... I have only seen the weaver folk once, keep some of their womenfolk hidden, others wear overly heavy cloaks like they are trying to hide something. Twilight House I care not for, they keep the prices high, and I  find the shadow elves a little sneery. I would back a trade agreement with the weavers... we just need to figure how to approach that secretive lot."

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:52, Sat 23 Sept.

Broderick Leibert
 player, 257 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 23:06
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 482):

Do you think one of the fours would have any contacts or suggest a possible or should we keep this to ourselves for the moment?
Ashbury
 player, 41 posts
 Outfitter
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 02:31
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 483):

"I think you and I should keep this to ourselves. If a little thing like raw spidersilk could change the price I pay for all my rope, this could be big, something we could take to the small council once all the pieces are in place."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 258 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 02:55
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 484):

Fair enough. Broderick agreed as he contemplated different approaches to try. He's aware that the different Agencies, Consortiums, Guilds and the like all had their secrets and ways of doing things which could at time be quite challenging boarding on lethal. Perhaps we should seek out the Weaver you mentioned and go from there.
Ashbury
 player, 42 posts
 Outfitter
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 14:35
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 485):

I believe a ship from their island is due to dock tomorrow.  I would rather you dealt with them, they make my skin crawl. I hear they all belong to some spider cult, but are inclined to trade in services rather than honest coin."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 259 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 15:38
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 486):

Broderick considers Ashbury's proposal. Allowing me to undertake negotiations on your behalf, would be greatly assisted by providing an overview of the services you are prepared to offer in this negotiation.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:00, Sun 24 Sept.

Ashbury
 player, 43 posts
 Outfitter
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 20:14
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 487):

"The weaver folk have a storied history of revenge against their enemies by the hands of others. The shadow elves are known for having few qualms against such work. Whatevervthey ask, it may be strange, but I will pay you to do for them so long as you don't give me the details."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 260 posts
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 21:08
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 488):

Master Ashbury are You're agreeing to a bottomless purse, provided you don't have to know or participate in any of the outcomes, save that of shared benefits from the silk acquisition and on-selling. Can I get that documented?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:07, Wed 27 Sept.

Ashbury
 player, 44 posts
 Outfitter
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 19:58
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 489):

"I can ledge up to a thousand for this. Whatever you get from the weaverfolk or the gonod, keep tp yourself."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 261 posts
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 20:24
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 490):

Thank you Master Ashbury that is greatly appreciated. Could I acquire a Promissory note to this sum. if Ashbury drafts one Broderick thanks his associate and returns to his apartment to clean up and spend some time with Clair. Several hours later Broderick looks into finding out what he can about The weaver folk eg talking to discrete trusted Mages and Priests associated with the Guild.
Narrator
 GM, 4474 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 12:50
Re: Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 491):

There are some discrete sages over at The Dismal Tower.