Over in the Wastrel's Hope.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 47 posts
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 17:33
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
The man seemed satisfied at the explanation and then put his trunk-like arm around her and pulled her close for a friendly hug.

"Good work Amelia, we'll do it that way.

See if we can get a this sorry lot a bucket of coins before we set off to look at this tower.
he said addressing the assembled group, with a grin.

Brushing a handful of hair from his face Haveron's youthfulness became apparent, easily seen when he was in good humour. "So, anyone opposed to the idea of making a few coin protecting some fat merchants before heading out to investigate this mysterious tower?
he asked.
Shroud
 player, 7 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 03:30
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
"As long as we can get paid for part of the caravan gig, I'm good with it."

If anything else I can always walk away with some goods from the caravan.
Shroud thinks to himself.
Gareth
 player, 142 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 08:07
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Shroud (msg # 136):

"Sounds good, but I have zero cash...debt in fact."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 48 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 08:45
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Haveron patted Gareth on the shoulder. "Well those big bruiser folk are much less likely to find you on the road anyway.

Nobody will be snapping your legs when they can't find you
he said in a friendly and unconcerned way, as if the idea of debt was no real problem.


"Tell me Gareth, what is that made of? It looks like bone, but I'd guess it's just a kind of wood i've not seen before he asked pointing towards the stick that the mean carried.
Gareth
 player, 143 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 10:41
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 138):

"It is Dragonbone, made from the leg of a wyvern that used to raid Northport when I was young, ironically. Actually, my debt is to Sorcha, so if she sends bruisers, it is likely you! But since I intend to repay her as soon as I have something, she will see that I am not lying."
Sorsha
 player, 672 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 22:03
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Sorsha looks at Haveron "I am fine with working as a guard. I can also work as a scout. Find out if they will provide us horses or are we just going to ride on wagons or such?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 49 posts
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 22:36
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Haveron chuckled at the question "I'll doubt they'll be supplying lowly guards with horses. At best we'll be able to hitch a lift on one of the wagons, but more oft than not, we'd be walking.

An elf like you should be pretty fleet of foot though, i don't doubt. I'd expect that without a horse to burden you down you'd be as elusive as the name of the wind.

Sorsha
 player, 673 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 02:19
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
She grins at Haveron "Even if I am fleet of foot doesn't mean I like walking everywhere. As I also have magic, I suspect I will provide magical help"
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 15 posts
 Agent about town
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 14:21
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 142):

"Alright, so we are going to pass on the pawnshop raid, and take up the offer of legitimate work and make a go for the hidden tower once we get to Al Menir.  Do we have any funds to hire a sage at this point? I knoww I don't. Also, is everyone square with the guild? That will be our reference for this job."
Gareth
 player, 144 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 14:31
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 143):

"I recently acquired basic membership."
Shroud
 player, 8 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 14:45
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
"Zero coins, and I am a member of the guild."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 50 posts
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 15:54
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Haveron pushed his tankard aside too and dismissively, with casual attitude said "Everyone can chip in their part from the guard money to hire a sage.


Berry
 player, 16 posts
 Mage
Sun 17 Sep 2017
at 12:43
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
"I'm square with the guild. They even let me access restricted areas. But I don't have any money either. And I'd really prefer not to be spending money I don't have yet. Poor life choice. However, I could talk to my mentor about the tower. He's pretty wise, so maybe he'll have some ideas." Berry chimes in.
Sorsha
 player, 674 posts
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 02:07
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Sorsha rolls her eyes "Am I the only one with a few coin? So what does a sage cost?"
Mischa
 NPC, 74 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 14:43
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 148):

"We may need our money for what travel gear they don't provide. A sage costs $60 for a day's consultation. $20 for a single question."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 51 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 20:38
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Haveron banged on the table to draw people's attention to him, like a judge making a final verdict.

"A sage's cost is fine. I'll pay it for now and Amelia will keep the books for our group. The costs and purchases we make, and who can be settled at the end once we're paid.

For now, lets get some information and then we can go sign up to save this merchant's fat purse.


Leaving little room for debate, Haveron Stormwal stood, and gestured for the group to make to moving. He was grinning widely.
Gareth
 player, 145 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 23:06
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 150):

Gareth smirks and follows.
Sorsha
 player, 675 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 00:33
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
Sorsha grins and rises and follows. She likes going into old places, who knows what you might find.
Shroud
 player, 9 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 02:43
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
With the group that was providing the free drinks and food leaving, Shroud follows suit. Might as well try and make some money.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 16 posts
 Agent about town
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 13:56
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Shroud (msg # 153):

"Let's  go to the Dismal tower then, boss. It is where the sages keep their library. Who do you want to make the request? And we can meet up with the guild recruiter, Saskali Kolaj after."
Berry
 player, 17 posts
 Mage
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 14:26
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Shroud (msg # 153):

Berry will also follow to the sage's tower.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 54 posts
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 14:44
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
We can all head there, en masse, but it would be best If you and me go in. Representatives of the riff-raff, you know? he said while patting shroud on the shoulder indicating the group, affectionately.


"It'll give everyone a chance to relax, or get some last minute supplies before we head over to the caravan departure area
Sorsha
 player, 676 posts
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 01:33
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
She looks at Haveron "You might want to inquire what might be there as well as if there is anything the sages might value. And what dangers might be there. If mages were there, it might be profitable as well as dangerous."
Narrator
 GM, 4449 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 12:36
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 157):

Any looking to consult sghould go to the dismal tower, the rest "shop" for possible outdoor gear (just show me expenditures) and head over to the Caravan thread.
Sorsha
 player, 677 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 23:47
Over in the Wastrel's  Hope
She will go with the group to talk to the sage.