Also at the Dismal Tower.   Posted by Ecrivain.Group: 0
Broderick Leibert
 player, 265 posts
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 19:05
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Celifoux (msg # 6):

Broderick greets Celifoux, introduces himself and says he suspects it may be the latter, repeating the question that I seek to learn what I can about the Weaver Folk, adding before he meets with some of them when they arrive.
Celifoux
 NPC, 2 posts
 Sage and anatomist
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 21:57
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 7):

"A day of my time is three silvers."


Make three rolls on his behalf
Broderick Leibert
 player, 266 posts
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 19:08
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Celifoux (msg # 8):

Broderick nodded, then slipped his fingers into his pocket drawing out a purse and extracting three silvers to pay to the Sage.
Celifoux
 NPC, 3 posts
 Sage and anatomist
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 14:20
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 9):

"The weaver folk come from an Isle to the north west, where there are many spiders
. They all have spider blood in their veins, and harvest silk directly from the larger
spiders. Some are rumored to have extra limbs, and they keep the more grotesque members of
their blood hidden from sight.

The Shadow elves are rumored to deal with the weavers, supposedly because they worship a
spider goddess from hell, but it is really because the weavers pay well, and the shadow elves
have no qualms about taking spiders as clients, and many of them wear spidersilk armor.


About week ago, a weaver caravan was attacked by bandits, and one of the hidden weavers was
 injured, and sailed home to die. Their next ship should be here in less than a week, and with
 a new senior partner."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Tue 10 Oct 2017.

Broderick Leibert
 player, 267 posts
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 19:20
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Celifoux (msg # 10):

Broderick thanks Master Celifoux for this intriguing information then enquires about the Bandits, size, area of operation, leader etc. Based on what he'd learnt he suspects the Weavers will be out for revenge on the bandits.
Celifoux
 NPC, 4 posts
 Sage and anatomist
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 14:55
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 11):

"The report I was given indicated that a band of adventurers intervened, but took
heavy losses. This is not the first tale of bandits in the south woods that I have heard."

Broderick Leibert
 player, 268 posts
Tue 10 Oct 2017
at 22:44
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Celifoux (msg # 12):

You wouldn't happen to know who these adventurers are? Hopefully they were associated with the Guild and could help out with information, contacts or even be willing to join his team.
Celifoux
 NPC, 5 posts
 Sage and anatomist
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 02:57
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 13):

"They were apparently agents of the Bishop of Sonne,  on their way to some abandoned Abbey to the south. They were so delayed that there was a second group dispatched on the same mission, and neither group has yet to return."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 269 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 03:11
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Celifoux (msg # 14):

Neither have returned, curious. This may require further investigation, at a later time. One unusual task at a timeBroderick thought to himself waiting for anything else the Sage wished to impart.
Celifoux
 NPC, 6 posts
 Sage and anatomist
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 04:39
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 15):

"That is all I have for you at this time."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 270 posts
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 05:10
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Celifoux (msg # 16):

Broderick thanked the sage then headed back to the Guild to prepare for the meeting with the Weavers.
Voorland
 NPC, 42 posts
 Dwarven
 earthmage
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 14:03
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 17):

The next day, as the weaver's ship is due in 5 days, having sent Caruthers
 to check with the harbormaster, you return to Ashbury's project to see
what progress Voorland has made.
The upper floor has been swept out and the walls whitewashed, and a fair
amount of supplies have been loaded in, and the dwarf's man Rohnnie is
at work whitewashing the portion of the basement wall that the dwarf
builder has magically plastered with a coating of stone. About half of the
rat-facing wall remains uncovered, and a pair of guild kobolds with short
spears and leather armor are standing by a string of dead rats.

Voorland turns from a trough of setting plaster and calls to you
"Ah, Master Broderick. Please to inform Master Ashbury that costs
had to be increased due to rats. These fellows work cheaply, but it would
be best if that bellowing beast outside was dealt with. If the slorn is
dispatched, the rats may stop seeking shelter here. I suspect that there will be a need to keep a rat catching staff of some point about, as this wall is probably  not the only way in to this place."

scaly thing
 NPC, 34 posts
 woe thats a whole
 lot of teeth
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 19:11
Also at the Dismal Tower
As if on cue, there is a bellowing sound
from the other side of the wall, and rats
start pushing through yhe cracks in the
part of the wall yet to be plastered

The kobolds get to work attacking yhe rats.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 272 posts
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 22:12
Also at the Dismal Tower
Broderick thanks Voorland for his advice and will pass the message on. When the rats appear he draws his rapier holding it ready to defend himself.
kobold
 player, 47 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 00:02
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 20):

The two kobolds (and Carruthers) beat back the rats. The smith shakes his head.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 273 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 03:59
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to kobold (msg # 21):


Well done chaps, you've got the rats under control well enough.
Broderick declares, sheathing his rapier then giving Carruthers a pat on the shoulder
Carruthers
 player, 12 posts
 Manservant
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 18:45
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 22):

"Thank you sir, but something ought be done about that great scaly beast."
Broderick Leibert
 player, 274 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 22:03
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Carruthers (msg # 23):

True however its Ashbury's call considering how its his place and problem. We'll pass on Master Voorland's message and see if our associate will be offering a bounty on the creature.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:58, Sun 05 Nov 2017.

Carruthers
 player, 13 posts
 Manservant
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 01:47
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 24):

"Clever sir,no labor without recompense."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:31, Tue 07 Nov 2017.

Broderick Leibert
 player, 275 posts
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 05:02
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Carruthers (msg # 25):

Thank you Carruthers, come along then let's pass on Master Voorland's message. I suspect the quicker this rat problem is cleared up the quicker he'll be able to finish repairs to the area giving the Dwarf a wave they head back to the Guildhouse to discuss the building progress with Ashbury.
Narrator
 GM, 4561 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:32
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 26):

You make your way back up thout of the cellar and cross town to the guild. At the entrance you spot a number of warty green hideous creatures blinking at the fading sunlight.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 276 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 04:08
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Narrator (msg # 27):

Are they large like Trolls, do they look threatening or uncertain of what they are doing.
Narrator
 GM, 4566 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 01:46
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 28):

They seem to be trolks, and while one is larger than the others, all are man sized or a little shorter.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 277 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 11:15
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Narrator (msg # 29):

The more he got out and about the more odd things he'd encounter, moving a little closer to the group of Trolls he held up a hand in sign of Parley. Greetings Great Ones, You appear to be in need of assistance. He prompted
Narrator
 GM, 4576 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 02:48
Also at the Dismal Tower
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 30):

Post in Consulting a Sage