At a back table in the guildhall.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 4922 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Feb 2018
at 21:01
At a back table in the guildhall
The main hall of the adventurer's guild is a two story balconied affair with long trencher tables and benches. There is a large fireplace that has doors to the kitchens, where most of the mercenaries, mountbanks and murder hobos that make up the membership go to get their daily bowl of hot brown, and near them are stairs heading up to shops, offices and private quarters. Somewhere out of the main hall are stairs leading down to the arena, proving grounds and undercroft.
Espiri Skyblessed
 player, 1 post
 The wind is my friend.
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 05:08
At a back table in the guildhall
The group at one of the tables in the back is an odd mix of two halflings, a leprechaun, a dwarf, and an elf. The elf sits just a bit apart from the others, as is typical of those raised in the mountains. Dressed in ordinary clothes and decked out in combat leathers, his wide hat is oddly of much finer material. Twin scabbards hold long knives on his sides, and his pack rests between his feet. When he looks up from his meal of hot brown, it is easier to see wisps of his blue hair peeking out from beneath the hat. Stranger than that, his eyes appear a luminous blue as well marking him as Air-Infused.

He finishes the bowl and leans back. With a faint trace of a southern accent marking him as not from Northport, Espiri says to the group, “I’m getting tired of waiting on Summanus. Too many meals of this ‘hot brown’ are making me actually want to eat my trail rations instead, and I’m almost out of money. Not all of us are as rich as the dwarf.” He nods his head in the general direction of Valdnur.

In a rare moment, Espiri actually moves his head a bit closer to the group and says, “Let me get to the point. I think we should find a job that pays well. If Summanus gets back before we leave, so much the better. Otherwise, he will just have to wait until we get back. I think we proved ourselves quite capable together guarding the caravan.”

This message was last edited by the player at 20:34, Sat 10 Mar.

Osgood
 player, 1 post
 Halfling
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 05:22
At a back table in the guildhall
Osgood was sitting with his back against the wall. The slightly build, brown haired halfling was idly playing with a large knife in one hand while the other was under the table unsuccessfully attempting to undo the knot on Rick's purse. His bowl was long empty as was a couple of pint glasses in front of him. "Right you are. I'm down to my last few coppers, and soon I won't be able to afford even this swill." The knife disappeared and he attempted to get the last few drops out of a glass. "If that no good Summanus can't be bothered to show, I see no reason to wait anymore."
Valdnur Silverheart
 player, 2 posts
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 09:20
At a back table in the guildhall
The dwarf is wearing light plate armor set with simple green stones. A pair of throwing axes are strapped to his back and he has a pair of repeating pistol crossbows sitting on the table in front of him that normally holster on his hips. He finishes the brown porridge with gusto looking up confused at the others remarks, "I dunno what you mean about eating your rations lad, this stuff is free and that makes it good!"

He licks the rim of the simple wooden bowl to make sure he got it all, then pulls a small mirror out of his pack so he can see to brush and loose bits out of his immaculate beard. Satisfied that his appearance is restored he chimes in, "A job would do us all good though. Sitting idle is no good for the halflings, less so the quarterling... We should follow up on some of those rumors in town. Summanus should be here soon I'm sure and extra road weary to boot; I'm sure he won't mind waiting on us to finish whatever job we start. What sort of job are you thinking?"
Eustache Babineaux
 NPC, 1 post
 Junior merchant
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 15:37
At a back table in the guildhall
In reply to Valdnur Silverheart (msg # 4):

A familiar figure approaches, the assistant caravan leader. His gambeson and gear is clean as is he, but he looks far from relaxed.
"Gentlemen, we have some bad news. The leader of our mercantile company, Batholemieu Fortescu, has not not made his way to Northport, and I fear ill has befallen him. He was travelling with your friend Patensus, and a few swordsmen. I will give it another week, and then I must form another company."
Theadric Greenbottle
 player, 1 post
 Call me Rick
 Halfling Alchemist
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 20:16
At a back table in the guildhall
“If yer not gonna finish that....” murmured the other Halfling, hopping up on his chair to reach for Espiri’s bowl. “Hey!” he snapped at Oz, swatting his hand away. “I ain’t got much left in there anyways...”

He sat back down as the merchant approached.

“You heard from Summanus?” he said. “Haven’t seen him anywhere in Northport either.”
Valdnur Silverheart
 player, 3 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2018
at 18:08
At a back table in the guildhall
"That's not good lads..." Valdnur says, stating the obvious, "Do we know what route they were traveling? Perhaps there is some way we can track them and figure out where they are? Summanus might've taken a detour here or there, but not while traveling with Mister Fortescu..."
Espiri Skyblessed
 player, 2 posts
 The wind is my friend.
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 00:36
Re: At a back table in the guildhall
Espiri slaps at Rick's hand and mutters, "Are you too short to see over the edge of a bowl? It's empty."

The news about Summanus gives the elf a glower. His voice laden with sarcasm he says back to Valdnur, "Thank you for stating the obvious. Even if we were to know where Summanus disappeared, who is going to fund a rescue? I think you are the only one of us, Valdnur, that is not strapped for cash. Now if there was a substantial reward to go investigate I think we might be able to make that work."

His last sentence turns into a question as Espiri glances at Eustache and raises a quizzical eyebrow.
Theadric Greenbottle
 player, 2 posts
 Call me Rick
 Halfling Alchemist
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 02:14
Re: At a back table in the guildhall
"Oi!" Rick frowned at the Elf. "Ehh, yes. I am too short to see over the edge of the bowl. Obviously. Is your head also half air?"

The Halfling did his best to scowl menacingly, but it lasted about a second before he burst into laughter and slapped Espiri in the arm.

"Get it? Half air? Like you! Bahahahaha!"

He chugged the rest of his mead and reached quite unsubtly for Oz's cup.
Osgood
 player, 2 posts
 Halfling
 My friends call me Oz
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 05:28
Re: At a back table in the guildhall
"Somebody get my cousin a stool. That one is empty as well Rick. Now be a dear and walk the empties to the bar. In case you were wondering, they are all empty. That should save you an awful lot of guessing." Osgood chuckled at his cousin. "Now Eustache, I'm with the tall one over there, that being flat broke. I don't even have enough funds to keep in food and drink, let alone give my clumsy, lead fingered cousin something to steal that won't get him killed when he gets caught. As much as we all like Summanus, I simply can not put together supplies for a rescue trip without some backing."