Near the bone gate.   Posted by Smol spoder.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6315 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 884):

The acid costs about $100, the copper wire around $30, the crystals appear to be non specific, so they could be semi precious stones worth $50 or even glass worth $10 each. The flying potion in that volume might cost $1000, the ivory around $300 the amber $30, the lodestones $20 each, and the meat products probably around $20. the lead for about $10

That is if you buy them. There is a sage in the Dismal Tower named Emmett who specializes in alchemical lore, he might be willing to trade for components. Much of this could be found in a fully stocked alchemical laboratory...
Clarence Montague
 player, 237 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 12 May 2019
at 10:21
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 885):

Clarence will help out with the bodies, offering light and suggesting his friend use them to eat if possible.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1672 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 12 May 2019
at 15:37
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
The acid costs...

Does Ymid respond to the question of what it needs as sustenance?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 426 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 12 May 2019
at 17:37
Re: Near the bone gate
In the morning, Nodwin will pass instructions to the flock on how to proceed, with the suggestion that they have the best architect among them work with Benito Drake directly.  Nodwin asks them not to do Jareth's current home (building 4), because that is their base of operations.  They would like to keep that one private for guild business.

The rest of the refugees are encouraged to clean up and organize the homes as Benito works his way through them.  Chores and responsibilities will be handed out as appropriate among the group.  I will ask them to volunteer for roles to start, with the rest to be assigned later on as the full volume of responsibility becomes more evident.

After his morning devotions, and a meal, Nodwin will head off to speak with the Hadereum about the buildings across the street.
Benito Drake
 player, 5 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
Sun 12 May 2019
at 21:47
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 888):

Happy to help as directed...
Narrator
 GM, 6326 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:53
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Benito Drake (msg # 889):

There is a freestanding building directly adjacent to the collapsed street aon the next block that was a former pawnshop. It is fortifiable with iron doors, but its basement leads no where
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 427 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:54
Re: Near the bone gate
If we notice that building before Nodwin leaves, he'll ask about that one as well...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1675 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Tue 14 May 2019
at 00:28
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  GM, asking again before Jareth heads out...

Does Ymid respond to the question of what it needs as sustenance?

Ymid
 NPC, 58 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 15 May 2019
at 16:08
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 892):

The Ymid floods your mind with a dizzying array of organs and substances, but after some negotiation, raw beef livers including gallbladders, fish broth and also blue cheese. You are not entirely certain how it eats...
cultist
 NPC, 51 posts
 deluded soul
Wed 15 May 2019
at 16:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 893):

One of the refugees approaches Nodwin, with a bloodied bandage accross its face.

"Fra Nodwin, I appear to have injured my eye in the night. Might I be healed through the grace of Vejovis?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 429 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 15 May 2019
at 16:29
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin smiles benevolently at the refugee, but before responding he waves for him to sit down.  "Here, let me take a look at that.  Please, tell me how you were wounded.  I'm curious to know how this might have happened.  What were you doing, and where exactly were you?  We only took ownership of these homes recently, and I need to know if we have any concerns, whether it be an infestation or a structural concern."
cultist
 NPC, 52 posts
 deluded soul
Wed 15 May 2019
at 21:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 895):

The man's eye is completely gone!
</Brown>"I don't know, I woke up Like this!"</brown>
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 430 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:03
Re: Near the bone gate
The sight sends a chill down Nodwin's spine.  Something had taken the man's eye while he was sleeping.  Nodwin will have the man put the compress back on his eye socket and address the others in the room.  "Did anyone see what happened to this man?"  He will then remove the compress again, and examine the man's wound very carefully, saying to him quietly "Don't move, I need a close look at this".

OOC Diagnosis (plenty of extra time), along with a close examination of the wound.  Are there claw marks around it, or was his eye simply plucked out without anything else being touched?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1678 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 11:24
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth gets cleaned up and pops over to see if anyone needs anything before he and Jocelyn take off to research at the Dismal Tower (and to give Mario Ymid's grocery list and the house funds, $276).
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 431 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 14:08
Re: Near the bone gate
When Jareth comes in to check in with Nodwin, he'll pull him aside and quietly say a few words.  He'll be careful to only let Jareth hear him, and subtly block his speech from anyone who could read lips.

"Could you check in with Clarence and see what Lefty had for dinner and breakfast?  This man is missing an eye, and that's the most reasonable cause.  Clarence mentioned to Lefty that he could eat the bodies down in the basement.  I wonder if he couldn't tell the difference between a dead person and a sleeping person?"

Nodwin will then go back and attend to his patient.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 16 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 899):

The spoder was in the garden area and appears to have ensared a bluejay. It seemed offended when human remains were suggested as food.

The mans eye socket does not have any extra scratches around it, but has traces of an early stage fungal infection around the edges.


First aid covers breaks and wounds. Esoteric healing uses it as a prereq, and can be used to treat disease.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 432 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:25
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will proceed with Esoteric Healing, and then if that doesn't fix the problem he'll use a minor healing.

OOC That might not fix the fungal infection, though, correct?
Clarence Montague
 player, 239 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 16 May 2019
at 21:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 900):

Likewise Clarence would be offended if someone suggested the spider ate someones eyeball, when there is an elder thing in the house no one questioned...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 867 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:16
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario whispers to Clarence.

"Not to mention that little pet of his.  Based on this list, that little flying eye might be just the sort.  Best we get the stuff for the skiff as quickly as possible."

He holds the list to the light.  "Ummm, what's a bally ladder?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1679 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 23:08
Re: Near the bone gate
Responding to Nodwin just loudly enough to be overheard by a few Vejovain refugees, "Interesting.  T'e evil cult that used t'ese building did go about blindin an killin any with t'e divine second sight.  Could be a curse, haveta look into that.  Should check your man for any divine potential."

Then much more quietly, "Yeah, I think t'e Yr-go, be at fault here.  I'll check on it."

Jareth joins Nodwin in checking the man's eye and then his good eye and then as Nodwin prays and prepares the divine version of a poultice*, he asks the one-eyed man about his dreams last night.


Then Jareth will get Jocelyn and head back to his apartment.




* However it is that Esoteric Medicine (Holy) works.  For all I know Nodwin will have to sermon the illness out of him.
Narrator
 GM, 6358 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 904):

The esoteric healing is done with incense, blessed scraps of cloth touched to a reliquary, and anointing with oil infused with healing herbs. It can cure the fungal infection.
Yr-go
 NPC, 5 posts
 Flying thing
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:55
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 905):

In Jareth's attic, twoof the cyclopic flying fungal crustaceans are perched in the rafters.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1682 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 18 May 2019
at 03:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ymid, can ya keep yer... mmmm, familiar in check?  And it's new friend?  Too many people in this city would get very upset if t'ere eyes go missin."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 405 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 18 May 2019
at 20:54
Re: Near the bone gate
The man whose eye is missing is already upset...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 434 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 18 May 2019
at 21:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin makes a note to himself, he needs to apologize to Clarence the next time he sees him.  Then he concentrates on talking the man down to a calm enough state that he can go see the Hadereum.