Near the bone gate.   Posted by Smol spoder.Group: 0
Clarence Montague
 player, 116 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 29 May 2018
at 20:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 125):

Yep, sounds good, though Clarence might be a little distracted looking for spidey food...though that could conceivably be anything that moves and is not part of the party, per se!
Smol spoder
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 30 May 2018
at 14:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 126):

The spoder scuttles closer to Clarence, looking to keep distance from the Ymid.

This message was last updated by the player at 14:02, Wed 30 May.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 704 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 30 May 2018
at 09:15
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario lets the others pass, then picks up as Tail End Charlie, glancing over his shoulder frequently and keeping to the right of the tunnel (so his left arm is free to swing his bow rearward if needed).

He shakes his head at Mel's misanthropy, but decides not to argue.

This message was last updated by the player at 09:15, Wed 30 May.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1399 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 30 May 2018
at 04:22
Re: Near the bone gate
Mellarill:
Yeah, I got pretty good perception...

OOC:  Yes, but does Mel have Traps?  Or a high enough Per to soak a -5 penalty with ease?
Narrator
 GM, 5213 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 May 2018
at 14:14
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 129):

There is a faint scuttling sound in the distance...
Mellarill
 player, 173 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 30 May 2018
at 17:40
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 129):

No & No....
Clarence Montague
 player, 117 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 30 May 2018
at 20:32
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 131):

Clarence will move forward with the light to illuminate the source of the sound...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1402 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 30 May 2018
at 20:58
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth moves back to give Mel space to move up next to Brodak.
Mellarill
 player, 174 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 30 May 2018
at 22:07
Re: Near the bone gate
She nocks an arrow and moves up behind Brodak
rat bastid
 player, 22 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 31 May 2018
at 21:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 134):

A number of oversized rats are scrabbling toward you. When they see Clarence's light they pause.
Mellarill
 player, 175 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Thu 31 May 2018
at 22:03
Re: Near the bone gate
Mell draws a bead and fires at the lead rat's vitals...
Clarence Montague
 player, 118 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 01:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 136):

"Oh, look, spidey! Food!"

He swings with the lantern, but misses, sending shadows scurrying around the room in spectacular fashion.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 137):

The oversize arachnid scuttles over on the ceiling, then springs onto one of the rats and bites it in the neck. It twiches, and then is as still as the one Mellarill shot. Two other rats flee.

This message was last updated by the player at 21:25, Wed 06 June.

Clarence Montague
 player, 119 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 02:50
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol Spoder (msg # 138):

"There, Mel. Happy with him having that for lunch?"

He moves the light around to make sure there are no more.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:25, Wed 06 June.

Mellarill
 player, 176 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 03:11
Re: Near the bone gate
No fuckin' problem as long as it's rats he is eating.

She'll go pull her arrow to see if it is reusable.
Narrator
 GM, 5230 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 140):

One of Mel's arrows is good.

The spoder is encasing the rat in silk.  The Ymid watches the process with interest.
Clarence Montague
 player, 120 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 06:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 141):

"Oh, a cut lunch basket! How nice." Clarence comments, also watching the process.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1405 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 06:42
Re: Near the bone gate
"Okay, we let Clarence's new... friend finish preppin it's take home meal an t'en we move out yah?"

Jareth looks around to gauge everyone's take on this... "muffled inquisitive squeak?"

"Yes, t'e spoder wrappin t'e 'poor innocent rat what didn' do nuffin'."

"muffled trepidatious d'ooking?"

"No, don't seem like it lookin in this direction.  But wit all t'em eyes, ya never ken."

The pocket flap rustles and Akimbo squeezes his head out.  "Squeak-d'ook-d'ook-squeakity-squeak-d'ook!"

"Yeah, I'n sure ya could take it in a fair fight, 'course ya won't fight fair, ya never do," Jareth reaches his hand down to keep the pocket tightly shut and keep Akimbo in line.

"Confident squeak-chirrup-squeak-with lots of d'ooking."

"No really?  Never mentioned ya had a previous master."

"Boastful squeaking, just really prideful chitters."

"Izzat so?  Funny.  That's t'e exact plot of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi."

"Indignant d'ook!"

"Really?  Now ya can't read?  Ya were readin fine t'e ot'er day t'e alchemist shoppe.  Quite keen on that jar o' pickled scarabs."

"Very indigant mutter!"

"Maybe, maybe ya could smell 'em through t'e glass, an t'e beeswax seal, an all t'e brine... maybe."

Akimbo pulls his head back into the pocket with a "sharply angry squeak!"

"Oh aye, all t'e troubles an travails o' t'e world, great hassle being kept by me..."

"annoyed muffled muttering."

"Right, right, ya ain't been kept, yer keepin me."  He pats the pocket to settle any ruffled feelings.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:43, Thu 07 June.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 705 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 08:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario lets out a snicker, then looks carefully back the (short) way we've come.
Narrator
 GM, 5237 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 13:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 144):

The way behind is clear, with no sign of pursuit by spoders, although the rats might have been lurking near the room where you had previously found the dead orc.
Clarence Montague
 player, 121 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 00:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 145):

When the spider is finished wrapping the meal, Clarence will offer to carry it, suggesting  quick snack on the other rat before they go...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1407 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 03:23
Re: Near the bone gate
"Unless t'ese spoders vastly different from spiders, t'ey don't eat by takin 'quick bites'... 'e's gonna be slurpin that to go meal like soup later.  But might want bring t'e other one along anyway.  For much later maybe."

Regardless, Brodak*, Jareth, and Mel* take point again...



* Just presuming.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 341 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 05:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin just grins while observing everything, this interaction is a wonderful example of how various races can get along without killing each other for no reason.

His thoughts darken as he thinks about certain other creatures they have encountered, of course Vejovis acknowledges that when needed, judicious killing is appropriate, and as a faithful follower, Nodwin is always ready to smite evil. Caressing his flaming staff, he calms his thoughts and murmurs a quick prayer.
Ymid
 NPC, 29 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 148):

With the package secured, and the path clear of rats, the Ymid looks about, his fungal bat creature perched on the end of his staff.

"Anamoly is proximate.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1410 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 06:42
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
Regardless, Brodak*, Jareth, and Mel* take point again...



* Just presuming.

OOC:  As already noted, in case any one wants to chime in otherwise.