Near the bone gate.   Posted by Smol spoder.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 5237 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 13:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 144):

The way behind is clear, with no sign of pursuit by spoders, although the rats might have been lurking near the room where you had previously found the dead orc.
Clarence Montague
 player, 121 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 00:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 145):

When the spider is finished wrapping the meal, Clarence will offer to carry it, suggesting  quick snack on the other rat before they go...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1407 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 03:23
Re: Near the bone gate
"Unless t'ese spoders vastly different from spiders, t'ey don't eat by takin 'quick bites'... 'e's gonna be slurpin that to go meal like soup later.  But might want bring t'e other one along anyway.  For much later maybe."

Regardless, Brodak*, Jareth, and Mel* take point again...



* Just presuming.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 341 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 05:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin just grins while observing everything, this interaction is a wonderful example of how various races can get along without killing each other for no reason.

His thoughts darken as he thinks about certain other creatures they have encountered, of course Vejovis acknowledges that when needed, judicious killing is appropriate, and as a faithful follower, Nodwin is always ready to smite evil. Caressing his flaming staff, he calms his thoughts and murmurs a quick prayer.
Ymid
 NPC, 29 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 148):

With the package secured, and the path clear of rats, the Ymid looks about, his fungal bat creature perched on the end of his staff.

"Anamoly is proximate.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1410 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 06:42
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
Regardless, Brodak*, Jareth, and Mel* take point again...



* Just presuming.

OOC:  As already noted, in case any one wants to chime in otherwise.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 706 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 09:19
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario waits, watching behind, for the rest of the party to resume moving.
Brodak
 player, 294 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 19:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 150):

Brodak and Mel are up front...
Narrator
 GM, 5246 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 00:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 152):

The halls echoe with dripping water, in the distance you can hear chains rattle.
Clarence Montague
 player, 122 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 153):

Clarence and his friend follow those in the lead, holding the light high.
Narrator
 GM, 5250 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 14:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 154):

Occ waiting on movement to give next description... you are down the hall from the area with the rusty cart and where the dead orc was, and up the hall from where the chained door is.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1412 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 19:31
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  With nothing more to go on than 'chains rattling', I expect we continue forward.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Sat 16 June.

Narrator
 GM, 5259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 03:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 156):

The metal bound double doors with the rusted chains holding them shut. Rattle, and something moves behind them, occasionally slamming into them.
You hear metal scrape, and incoherent muttering.
Clarence Montague
 player, 124 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 03:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 157):

Clarence will move forward, holding the light  aloft to illuminate the source of the movement and, hopefully, the muttering.
The wounded man
 NPC, 3 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 04:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 158):

Between the doors,a space about six inches wide, you can see bits if a nude man with weapons piercing his flesh.
Clarence Montague
 player, 125 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 06:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to The wounded man (msg # 159):

"Uhh, are you OK? Should we pull some of those weapons out?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 707 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 11:20
Re: Near the bone gate
"He didn't seem coherent the last time we passed here, but we didn't spend much time -- we were transporting a barrel of rot worms, squid, and dead cats."
Clarence Montague
 player, 126 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 12:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 161):

"Well, maybe if we pulled all the weapons out of him he might be better..."

Clarence looks for a way to do so, but it seems he will have to open the doors first. He will try to give them a push/pull, depending on which way they open.
Brodak
 player, 295 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 14:01
Re: Near the bone gate
No Open ... man Crazy
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1413 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 19:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"Yeah, he's got a right proper sword through his skull.  Okay, like we discussed, repeatin fer Clarence an Charlene's sake, we need immobilize him, t'en heal him.  Least that's t'e theory, right."

Jareth drags Akimbo out of his pocket and perches him on Mario's shoulder.  "Mario, Mel, Akimbo, keep a a look out, jump in if ya gotsa.  I figure if me, Brodak, mostly Brodak, an Clarence rush t'e immortal an grab his arms and pin him down, Nodwin an Jocelyn can pull out t'e weapons, an t'en Nodwin can lay on a heal or two.  Take t'e wind out his crazy sails.  Meanwhile, Ymid can study t'e phenomenon an report what happenin t'e supernatural side.

Right?  Less either you or Jocelyn got sleep spell, Nodwin?

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 326 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 19:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Not me ...
Clarence Montague
 player, 127 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 20:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 165):

Clarence leans the light nearby and prepares to assist as Jareth has outlined.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 342 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 04:58
Re: Near the bone gate
"I am afraid that Vejovis has not given me the power to put him to sleep."

Thinking back on their last encounter. "I hope this is a good idea and that it works. I don't know if healing will help an immortal, unnatural creature that seems to ignore numerous weapons impaling it. I am willing to try of course.
Vejovis' will be done."

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 708 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 08:59
Re: Near the bone gate
"Mel, you watch that way, I'll keep this covered.  And Akimbo, you just let us know if it looks like we're missing something."
Narrator
 GM, 5268 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 15:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 168):

The chain remains locked. While the man holds a sword, he has no armor and

Only seems to be slamming himself into the door.