Consulting a sage.   Posted by Aethelbert.Group: 0
Ulo
 player, 174 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 23:56
Re: Consulting a sage
"Why would I have to petition this Haderum?  Can not your people just be paid to drive this merchant from our homes and make it ours again?"
Aethelbert
 NPC, 156 posts
 learned man
 and sage
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 20:06
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 31):
"The Hadereum are like a council of elders who see to it that werguild is paid, only they view all outside their tribe as skraelings. They see DuClair as the rightful owner, having paid to have the rights your allies relinquished by dying in the plague."
Ulo
 player, 175 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 05:35
Re: Consulting a sage
"So, if this Duclare were to die then it would be freed up to buy this property?"





OOC:  Sorry, I've been extremely tired (lack of sleep due to reasons*) and it's been hard to get into her head space adequately to know how she'd respond... and how much I'm willing to try to disrupt ongoing plots.

* First a hurricane, then sickness from the hurricane (sinusitis brought on by allergies), and now my cat has new game he plays to keep me awake called "Leap from very high up onto owner while he's asleep.  Repeatedly."

Oly
 player, 940 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 14:52
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 33):

The last can be cured with a cage or by playing badminton with a shuttlecat when it jumps on you. My cats give me wide berth, as they don't enjoy playing airborne soldier suddenly at night. I get undisturbed sleep (mostly).
Ulo
 player, 176 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 15:09
Re: Consulting a sage
OOC:
Oly:
The last can be cured with a cage or by playing badminton with a shuttlecat when it jumps on you. My cats give me wide berth, as they don't enjoy playing airborne soldier suddenly at night. I get undisturbed sleep (mostly).

I treat my pets the same way I'd treat an autistic child... as that's pretty much what they are.

Oly
 player, 941 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 15:21
Re: Consulting a sage
Actually, the Cats and I get along well, they get attention when they want it and will come sit in my lap. They just do not bother me when I sleep. When I am up, my side of the bed is the most popular.
Ulo
 player, 177 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 15:30
Re: Consulting a sage
OOC:
Oly:
Actually, the Cats and I get along well, they get attention when they want it and will come sit in my lap. They just do not bother me when I sleep. When I am up, my side of the bed is the most popular.

I'm told I indulge my babies too much.  Good thing I avoided having 'real' children.  they'd be spoiled rotten.

Oly
 player, 942 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 17:19
Re: Consulting a sage
Perhaps, I don't see them as like Autistic children, which are significantly higher performing mentally.
They learn by your response to their actions... that is how their parents tech them as young. This gets a cuddle and a lick, that gets a growl and a nip.

I think we have hijacked the GMs thread... so I apologize and will get off of it.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:20, Tue 03 Oct.

Narrator
 GM, 4493 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 14:54
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Oly (msg # 38):

No problem.

To clarify: DuClair currently has the support of the Merchant's guild, the Hadereum sand has already engaged in transactions with the Adventurer's Guild. Anyone dealing with him knows that he has personal guards. A troll in the city who starts openly hunting citizens on the surface is going to have serious problems with the watch.
Ulo
 player, 178 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 01:05
Re: Consulting a sage
"Then we are at an impasse.  I must return to Angrid to learn of her wishes concerning her tribe."




OOC:  Presuming that your post all comes out from a continued discussion with Aethelbert, Ulo finds herself unsure of how best to proceed.
Narrator
 GM, 4499 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 14:03
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 40):

Of course gathering intellegence on how his assets would be handled upon his demise, and raising enough funds to arrange an assassination and buy the place is another way...
Ulo
 player, 179 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Thu 12 Oct 2017
at 12:58
Re: Consulting a sage
"Thank you for your time.  If I return, how do I convince the gate guards below to allow me entrance?"


While still troubled, she appears to have calmed down tremendously.
Aethelbert
 NPC, 157 posts
 learned man
 and sage
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 04:38
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 42):

"They are disinclined to open the gates for anyone without a certain deggree of rank within the guild, although Hitomi could surely have them opened for you."
Ulo
 player, 180 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 18:40
Re: Consulting a sage
"Are you not capable of opening them?"
Aethelbert
 NPC, 158 posts
 learned man
 and sage
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 15:42
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 44):

"I have not sufficient rank in this guild. Here I consult, and keep my private library."
Ulo
 player, 181 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Sat 14 Oct 2017
at 16:32
Re: Consulting a sage
"Oh.  That is a pity."

She gives him a slight bow, unsure of the ettiquete in leave taking.

"Keep well."
Fenric
 NPC, 65 posts
 Troll archer
 and translator
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 14:06
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 46):

Fenric frowns. "Are we to retreat below, or work to set some terms. Without guild pins, they will not hear us, and I don't know if we should all pay the iron price for them like Rafik did."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:07, Wed 18 Oct.

troll warrior
 NPC, 59 posts
 hard to kill
 ready to get stabby
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 14:13
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Fenric (msg # 47):

Hrunting fingers his spiked mace, but nods in agreement.
"Angrid asked that I help work on the treaty with these surface folk, to improve trade, and not just with that shifty orc. He might be the first, biut with him alone I cannot see our people getting a fair price at all times. If my brother in law to be here can get a house that has a cellar close to the shaftway, then we can get somewhere. I cannot see Svetlana going through this place every time she wants to visit. It is too brightly lit for my tastes."
Ulo
 player, 182 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 03:44
Re: Consulting a sage
Ulo just nods but keeps silent until she feels they have walked far enough away from the sage's office as to not be easily overheard.

In Trollish:
"Hrunting, you and Fenric are Angrid's.  You should do as she thinks is best.  To that end, if she wanted you here to help keep her alliance, then you should take a badge.  But do so in a way that will not jeopardize the alliance.  I suspect Rafik's method would be inappropriate for this.  As for myself and Rafik, we are not Angrid's."  She turns and addresses Rafik, "You are Unburnt.  Your tribe is dead.  Only you and I remain.  I give you leave to make your own choices.  Join Angrid's tribe, stay here and seek your vengeance, or stay with me.  I must return to Angrid, to report what I have learned, and to speak with those elders of our tribe that have taken her hospitality and seek to join hers.  Do they still need revenge?  Do they need something else?  I... I do not know.  But i must see to their needs before I leave them to tend to my own"
Fenric
 NPC, 66 posts
 Troll archer
 and translator
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 19:53
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 49):

"Let me take the badge and escort you back. I think you are eldest amongst your tribe, excepting for üks käsi, that old smith who burnt his arm away. Hrunting has business with Stark, buying cloth and looking for a house that keeps out the sun. Have you ever seen it? I hear it is bright."
troll warrior
 NPC, 60 posts
 hard to kill
 ready to get stabby
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 12:28
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Fenric (msg # 50):

"The sun is a thing of childhood tales."
Rafik
 NPC, 4 posts
 scarred troll
 archer
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 12:30
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to troll warrior (msg # 51):

"The sun is brighter than the forge of a smith, but you can get used to it."
Ulo
 player, 183 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 17:06
Re: Consulting a sage
"Yes, before going back to the warrens, I think I will go see this 'sun' for myself."

Ulo will begin looking for an exit or portal to the outside.
Aemon McCain
 player, 75 posts
 if it isn't nailed down
 it's mine
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 18:53
Re: Consulting a sage
In reply to Ulo (msg # 53):

A scruffy thickset human in a plaid skirt and floppy hat, a knobbery by his side gives you the eye as you head for the door.
"Rafik, I see yaa brought ta family. Shall we gae them all registered, or are they heading out, not ta return?"
Ulo
 player, 184 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 6/14
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 20:17
Re: Consulting a sage
Ignoring him (he's obviously speaking to Rafik), Ulo peeks outside to see what this 'sun' is all about.

She recoils in pain. "Owww!  It is like this all the time?"