Shipping Out!   Posted by GM StarMaster.Group: 0
Rrger
 player, 104 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Wed 17 Dec 2014
at 15:41
Re: Shipping Out!
"It seems the rest of your crew were busy defending the ship, Bosh. Thanks for going to help us in the Aggressor." He nods to Danyka and continues, "Bosh here jumped across and helped out on the other ship. I think maybe we should talk to the others about bringing him into the group, if the captain can stand to loose a crewman when we get to the island." The large trollkin has obviously mistaken Bosh for a sailor from the 'Resolute'. Perhaps he was resting up for night shift until the attack woke him. Otherwise it would be odd that they hadn't seen an Ogrun aboard. He gathers up the stuff he took from the wheelhouse, "Meanwhile, I have some maps and such that need to go to the captain. We probably should stow the rest of what we 'salvaged' and have some chow. Fighting makes me hungry."
Bosh Ironside
 player, 10 posts
 Ogrun
 Bodger
Wed 17 Dec 2014
at 16:37
Re: Shipping Out!
Bosh nods *Scratches the back of his head* "Just to correct a wee-little detail. I was not a very willing crewmember. Once perhaps if .." Bosh mumbles something in (Molgur-Og) "If they had not courtmartialed me humm" ".. no matter. If there is a jobspace open I would gladly solicited for that. Seeing I have nowhere else to go but out and far away from the Khador borders"

Gathering his few belongings and his trusted Maul .. Bosh (and Boo, on his shoulder) watch the vessel go down below the waves. Had they been on it. Bosh shakes his head. Swimming was just not really his greatest skill. And so far away from shore .. Boo squeeked as if pipping into the thought. "Yes Boo, we have new friends now"
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 91 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Mon 22 Dec 2014
at 07:43
Re: Shipping Out!
Danyka was busy cataloging the things they had been able to salvage from the enemy ship.  Her over-sized buff coat was unbuttoned, revealing the double bandoleers strapped across her chest and the twin magelock pistols harnessed around her waist.  She had already refilled the empty slots that had been used during the fight, with fresh ammunition.

She looked slightly askance at Rrger, her eyes moving over to Bosh as the trollkin spoke of meeting their new companion.  She gave him a rather critical once over visually.  The ogrun was no taller than she was (without her tricorne), but must have weighed three times her own weight; he looked more than solid enough.

The Llaelese gun mage nodded to Bosh's assessment of his status on the sinking Aggressor.  "Threw your lot in with us, eh?" the Rhynnish brunette quipped with a slightly crooked smile crossing her lips.  "Well met then, Mr. Bosh." Dany greeted the ogrun bodger, then introduced herself more formally, "I'm Danyka Ydrasyl."  She extended her black gloved right hand towards Bosh.

Her left hand rested easily on her lapel of her heavy, voluminous outer coat, a finger hooked into one of the button holes.  When the stocky ogrun, engaged in conversation with the small ball of fur on his shoulder, Danyka raised an eyebrow.  She extended her left arm and the nose and muzzle of a black-footed ferret presented itself from just inside the cuff of her sleeve.  The thin line of fur snaked its way into the cradling fingers of Dany's outstretched left hand.  Then the raven-haired pistoleer then introduced her own rodent companion to Bosh's, "Boo.  This is Wyck."
Bosh Ironside
 player, 11 posts
 Ogrun
 Bodger
Mon 22 Dec 2014
at 11:07
Re: Shipping Out!
Both Bosh and Boos' heads turn towards Danny. While Bosh nods "Name is Bosh, .. Ironside ma'am" tipping his forehead towards the woman. Boo on the otherhand once seeing Wyck shoots into the hatch within the mechanical arm. Though only a second later (out of curiosity) the hatch pops open and two eyes look at the ferret. Squicking softly "No Boo, I dont think the ferret eats hamsters"

Taking the hand of the raven-haired Danyka "May our mugs be filled with ale and our  travels be without harm .."
Rrger
 player, 105 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Mon 22 Dec 2014
at 16:28
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger finds the captain, "These are the maps and logs from the Aggressor.  I thought that you might be able to use them to figure out who's attacking us."
Bosh Ironside
 player, 12 posts
 Ogrun
 Bodger
Thu 25 Dec 2014
at 14:43
Re: Shipping Out!
Once the agressor is fully submerged and the ship Bosh is on sets sail to .. wherever it had been going .. Bosh chooses a spot in the sun, overlooking the ocean. Looking around to his new found comrads. Bosh nods. ["It could have been much worse, could be at the bottom by now .. or at some horrible labourcamp."] looking around for some tools Bosh flips some switches, easily done with the muscles he could muster. otherwise they would certainly be stuck for good. A small steamish puff escaped. And his left arm goes off. While whistling Bosh checks the condition and repairs what he can. The little hatch needed reoiling. And boo skimmers off happily to go about his own business. And explores the ship and his new friends
GM StarMaster
 GM, 128 posts
Thu 25 Dec 2014
at 19:57
Re: Shipping Out!
The captain takes the charts offered to him from Rrger.

"Thank you. These may be of some help, but I fear that our own charts are far more detailed on where we are going." He has a somber expression as he pauses for a moment.

"It's the Law of the Sea, but it is always a sad occasion when a ship sinks. Every ship has a majestic grace when it is sailing, but beneath the waves it is just rotting fish food."

"I will look over these, of course, but a ship's rutters are nearly always in code that only the captain that made them can read."

"However, I can tell you right now that these all bear the mark of the Protectorate of Menoth. That's twice now they've tried to stop us. I doubt if they are done with us yet, but the farther away from land we get, the less chance they'll have of reaching us or even finding us."

"This was not something that was anticipated. Our resources were predicated on a specific plan of action. I'm sorely tempted to go full steam ahead for the rest of the trip. That will use up our coal resources to the point there won't be much left for the return trip. We'd have to go all sail, unless we can refuel where we're going."


Although he appeated to be talking to Rrger, he was also directing it to the few crew he had.


Later, up on deck, as Bosh worked on his mechanical arm, Rrger noticed that Bosh used a technique that looked rather familiar... and finally realized it was the same technique he used... one that had been taught him by Clanker back in his Iron Fist training!


As Dany introduces herself to Bosh, Creswick points out that Bosh was a prisoner on the other ship; he wasn't with the other crew, though they'd wanted him to join.

Katrin and Marco and Nicollo had joined Dany as she surveyed and inventoried all the loot from the Aggressor. It was going to be a toss-up how much they kept and how much they had to deep-six. On the one hand, as they paddlewheeled onward, they were burning up coal, thus reducing weight that way, but it would require a bit more to compensate for the extra mass of the new cargo. On the other hand, this might be valuable 'trade' items where they were going.

Of particular significance is the 1000 rounds of ammunition, plus an extra 100 pounds of powder.

The most significant item, however, might be the altar box. Opening it (after successfully picking the lock), it is full of blue powder. It is only when you notice that there is a pouch-like compartment fastened to the inside of the lid and extract the letter that was concealed there that you understand what you have.

The letter is from Garrick Voyle himself! Menite alchemists, under the guidance and inspiration of Menoth, have been able to make a new kind of gunpowder. Using this 'shockpowder' as it has been dubbed in place of normal red powder causes bullets fired by it to deal extra shock damage (+1d6) to the target it hits. Naturally, this powder is only to be used in the cause of Menoth.

There is enough powder for 200 shots.
Bosh Ironside
 player, 14 posts
 Ogrun
 Bodger
Thu 25 Dec 2014
at 20:39
Re: Shipping Out!
Whistling while cleaning and 'repairing' Bosh is happily enjoying the sun and oceans breeze, chatting up with whomever wished. Once the mechanical arm has been sufficiently mended (used a little magical spell on some rusty iron pins and such) and cleaned Bosh slides it back into the designated slot. A few moments later a click and a hiss signals the time it can be fully locked into place. With some effort Bosh pushes down several pins and flexes his fingers. letting out a satisfied 'Hummmm' He gets up and heads to where others are ..

"While we .. wait, is there anything I can assist you with. Onboard here ?"
Rrger
 player, 106 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Fri 26 Dec 2014
at 06:19
Re: Shipping Out!
"Hello Bosh. I was watching some of your maintenance technique. Reminds me of an old steamjack we met in training." Rrger looks up at his new team mate, "Do you know Clanker by any chance?"
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 93 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Fri 26 Dec 2014
at 07:49
Re: Shipping Out!
Dany whistled slightly as she read the missive from the Hierarch himself. "Interesting." she muttered aloud.  The lithe Rhynnish brunette looked at the others gathered with her, holding the piece of parchment in her hand aloft.

"Anyone here," Danyka solicited, "have any experience packing ammunition..."  She pursed her lips, "This stuff would be useful ...  I can likely," though she hardly sounded convinced herself, "pack the stuff myself."  The Llaelese gun mage swallowed hard, before continuing, "Though some might be wasted..."  From the sounds of it, that might be an understatement (not to mention just plain dangerous - especially shipboard).  Dany had the basics of ammunition packing taught to her - and she had a gunner's kit - so, it was possible that she could manage it.  But, it would be stretch to say that she was an expert in the field.

And with the extra punch this powder packed, they probably needed an expert.

She had send Wyck off with Boo to see make sure that the little rodent didn't get into too much trouble.  She seemed to trust Boo implicitly.

When Rrger asked Bosh about his training, Dany paused in what she was doing.  The answer seemed to pique her interest.  Bosh was an enigma, for if what Creswick had said was right, who knows where Bosh was from.  Or what his story was...
Bosh Ironside
 player, 15 posts
 Ogrun
 Friar & Bodger
Fri 26 Dec 2014
at 13:18
Re: Shipping Out!
Noticing the trollkin approach Bosh turns his head  "Hello Rrger. Yes, a long time before I was .. enlisted .. in the Khadorean army. I had been living in a monastery. I met this Clanker you mentioned. Apparently he must have seen something he could mold lest he would have not taught me all he knew. Atleast that is what he said before leaving .."  rolling down his sleeve  ".. before apparently heading down south towards Cygnaran lands"
Bosh looks around seeing Boo was skimming around with Wyck. Smiling to see Boo had met a little friend that didnt want to eat it for a change.

Upon hearing the Llaelese brunette "I am somewhat familiar with gunpowder itself, not overly so. I .. would be more versed in brewing beverages and ointments of sorts. I could take a look to see if we can do something with the pile hummm" Getting up, it is not so much the size in height that made Bosh stand out. Barely qualifying as a tall humanoid. It was more the overal size from the Ogrun.

"Let us get to work .. then"


(Link: http://nl.pinterest.com/pin/165225880048963641/, think of a sort of outer'outfit such as this one, Bosh does keep the hood off 99% of the time. Unless mentioned :))
Katrin Eason
 player, 29 posts
 Caspian/Cygnar
 Hedge Wizard/Rogue
Fri 26 Dec 2014
at 16:39
Re: Shipping Out!
"I'm pretty good at putting charges together," Katrin offers as she joins the group looking over the loot.

"If you could assist me, Dany, that would make it go a bit faster and easier. I have a gunner's kit, and I believe there were two put on the ship as part of our supplies."

She starts going through the loot looking for useable guns and spare ammunition.
GM StarMaster
 GM, 129 posts
Fri 26 Dec 2014
at 19:30
Re: Shipping Out!
Most of the loot came from the dead or those that surrendered. Some of it was found in the ship's armory. The 1000 rounds first estimated were from the ship's armory, but there were a lot of rounds on people. The following is a list of loot.

2 Collapsible batons
6 bayonets
1 battleglaive
1 Cryxian dirk
22 harpoons
2 folding knives
1 maul
2 Menothís stings
1 Umbrian waraxe
2 Clockwork Arms pepperbox with 100 rounds
1 Radcliffe Quad-Iron pistol with 60 rounds
1 Rynnish hold-out pistol with 20 rounds
1 Rynnish walking stick
3 Serric steel rifles with 75 rounds
21 Military rifles with 1000 rounds
2 Vislovski rifles with 40 rounds
1 Vanar Liberator with 100 rounds
4 blunderbusses with 40 rounds
4 grappling guns with 12 rounds
26 military pistols with 1000 rounds
8 small pistols with 200 rounds
24 explosive grenades
24 flash grenades
2 gunnerís kits
GM StarMaster
 GM, 131 posts
Sun 28 Dec 2014
at 22:14
Re: Shipping Out!
Oops! I completely fogot about the mundane weapons!


At the bottom of the pile, there are a number of ordinary weapons:

7 longswords
9 short swords
2 battleaxes
2 rapiers
1 Elvin thin blade (though no one can recall seeing an Elf on board the Aggressor)
12 longbows with 121 arrows
14 crossbows with 143 bolts
51 daggers

There weren't nearly that many people on board the ship, but most of them had two or three weapons, plus the ship had a fairly well-stocked armory. What made that a bit odd is that the crew on the ship weren't trained soldiers who could have made better use of the weapons. It's as if they threw militia or auxiliaries onboard rather than regular marines.
Rrger
 player, 109 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Tue 30 Dec 2014
at 17:16
Re: Shipping Out!
"We need to secure this stuff in the hold, or in an armory if we have one. I think we all need some of these." Rrger leans over and picks up 3 of the explosive grenades and two of the flash grenades. Picking up a blunderbuss, he points it menacingly over the rail and toward the water, "I need to learn to shoot." He reaches down and starts moving gear below decks. Once that's finished he'll find something to eat and then go to bed for the night.
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 96 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Tue 30 Dec 2014
at 20:52
Re: Shipping Out!
Dany inspected the two looted rapiers, one in each hand, for a long quiet moment.  Assessing which blade felt better in her hand, she chose that blade and put the other back into the pile.  Strapping the thin fencing sword to her hip, the lithe Rynnish woman then picked up the strange thin sword of obvious elvish origin.  Testing the weight and balance in her right hand, the young Llaelese gun mage's lips were pressed into a tight, pensive moue; the exotic blade was beautifully crafted, but might take more time and effort to master than she could afford right now.  She tested the balance and it was more than acceptable, and undeniably elegant.  "Quite the fencing blade..." she mused.

And there was no reason that she could (and apparently, wouldn't) claim the blade as a bit of plunder.  If allowed and no other owner for the blade appeared; Dany figured that as an Iosan, Creswick, could claimed precedence.  And the Llaelese brunette was fully willing to yield to him on that score.

"Seems that we have a hodge-podge here," Danyka noted to no one in particular, but loud enough for all to hear her musings, "Obviously, these boys were sanctioned privateers.  But, the fact that they targetted us seems far too coincidental..."  Of course, given what they had just done, and the pile of loot in front of them, the Rynnish brunette was sure exactly what that made them.  "The seas are presumably," she added quietly, "are safer for what we have done."  Menoth raiders were scary enough.  Menoth raiders targeting them was even scarier.

She looked up from her musings at Rrger's prompting.  "Rightly so." Dany nodded curtly, tossing the elven thinblade back onto the pile of weapons.  Scooping up the Rynnish walking stick in her hand as well, the Llaelese gun mage moved to help port all of their ill-gotten booty into the ship's armoury and below deck storage.

Once everything was stowed properly, Danyka stared at the polished, engraved pommel of the walking stick that they had obtained.  She frowned slightly, a tight uncomfortable moue forming on her burgundy lips, as she traced the intricate patterned grooves in the burnished ebony on the long concealed weapon, but remained silent.  There was a glimmer of recognition, but little more said or done.  Well, other than the young Llaelese woman taking the stick with her.

"Yes," the thin Rynnish brunette intoned, looking up at the rough trollkin, "I'm famished."  It was only once the adrenaline high, the euphoria of victory, and interesting pile of equipment was dealt with that she realized just how famished she was.  Tiredness was creeping in to the edges of her awareness.   But, some food would be good first.  Dany started to pad off towards the mess hall of the Resolute.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:11, Wed 31 Dec 2014.

Bosh Ironside
 player, 18 posts
 Ogrun
 Friar & Bodger
Sat 3 Jan 2015
at 11:31
Re: Shipping Out!
At the mentioning of 'FOOD' Bosh, turns his head and smiles "Bosh is always hungry. Boo is not so .. the little one enjoys a crunchy carrot or apple. or of sort. If you need aid in dragging these heavy things down towards a room. I will gladly assist."

Bosh gives the weapon pile a once over but shrugs, there was nothing to this pile of 'junk' he thought usefull. With already his trusty Maul in his posession he follows Danyka down towards the mess. Opun entering (those closeby) Boshs' stomach growls loudly. "I could eat like a troll" Turning to see if Rrger had been following them ...

Rubbing his hands "You look pale young ladyfriend, you should eat more. You have such small cheekbones"
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 98 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Mon 5 Jan 2015
at 07:50
Re: Shipping Out!
Dany chuckled slightly, her high, prominent cheekbones curving slightly in a smile, "Perhaps, but I don't believe that I will ever have the girth of you, Mr. Ironside."  She pushed a plate with a large wedge of cheese and a loaf of bread into the center of the table, presumably for all to share.  Then Danyka set her tray down and the Rynnish walking stick that she was still carrying with her on the table.  With a slight flourish of her greatcoat, the Llaelese gun mage sat down near both Bosh and Rrger.

She started to dig into her meal.  Danyka didn't wolf her food down, though somehow it all seems to disappear quite efficiently; all of it ending with the bowl of stew fastidiously cleaned with the last piece of bread on the accompanying plate.

The young woman chatted as she cut a wedge of cheese and broke off a hunk of bread to go with it.  "I still don't think that it was a coincidence that we met up with the Aggressor." Dany wagered idly, and she didn't seem to be talking about Fate, Faith or Morrow being the reasons, "Though lucky for you, Bosh, that we did.  How is it that you were on-board?"  Some of his mannerisms bespoke of Iron Fist training - which meant something.  The Rynnish brunette just didn't know what; she actually hoped that he might be able to fill them in on that...
Bosh Ironside
 player, 19 posts
 Ogrun
 Friar & Bodger
Tue 6 Jan 2015
at 23:05
Re: Shipping Out!
Bosh scratches the top of his head "Some months ago I had saved a few Cygnaran soldiers from a deathtrap that was laid by a Khadorean Commander. I think he did not like this. But at the time it felt like the right thing to do. There is no sense of honour in killing folk that are stuck beneath a rock. For the rest .. I got courtmartialed and was send to do hardlabour for some years. But apparently, perhaps the captain had other plans. I am quite certain where I was needed I did not go"
Rrger
 player, 113 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Wed 7 Jan 2015
at 05:28
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger takes the nearest tray as he walks into the mess area and proceeds to load it with whatever is handy. A large mug is filled and the tall trollkin sits with Bosh and Dany. He tries to eat politely at first but that just takes too long when you're hungry. After a couple of platefuls he finally finishes and fills the mug one last time, sitting to chat comfortably with his teammates. "You were sentenced to hard labor for not killing helpless people? That sounds military."
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 100 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Thu 8 Jan 2015
at 07:07
Re: Shipping Out!
Dany chuckled slightly at Rrger's assessment of the Bosh's previous superiors, nodding and quipping, "Eminently.  Or is that immanently?" She had never really been sure whether such mentality came from without or within...

She took another sip of mulled wine from her tankard, "Interesting, I didn't know that Clanker was from Khador.  Or in a monastery ..."  The Rynnish brunette seemed lost in thought for a moment, before the focus returned to her eyes with slightly more determination; it seemed to explain some things perhaps.

Danyka pulled our her dagger and started to slice up an apple that she had apparently pocketed.  "And your arm?" she leaned forward for a moment gesturing to the prosthetic with the tip of her blade, before returning to cutting, "There must be a story behind that as well.  It is a serious piece of work."  She took a couple of slices offering them to Bosh and Rrger.

Then the Llaelese gun mage took two more slices and passed one into her sleeve, where it summarily disappeared, and held out the other to Boo.  Only then, did she partake herself, slicing off some of the hard cheese on the central tray and pulling a few apple wedges for herself.
Rrger
 player, 114 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Thu 8 Jan 2015
at 15:26
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger is a little surprised as Dany's question seems a litle nosy to him. Still, he's more than a little curious about the arm. The large trollkin takes a slice of the apple when offered and turns to Bosh.
Bosh Ironside
 player, 21 posts
 Ogrun
 Friar & Bodger
Sat 10 Jan 2015
at 13:12
Re: Shipping Out!
At the question Bosh stops .. his eyebrows get thicker and a 'Hmmm' escapes the ogruns lips. Then a shrug "You could say it was perhaps a freakish accident. I had intended on boiling an elixer to get rid of a rash that had been caused by a plant. The black kettle however was perhaps not trustworthy. yet, I saw no other. After preparing it was heavy. Maybe a bit to heavy. While taking it off the flames and by Cyriss onto where I had intended it to go, the handle broke off. And though I tried to keep the kettle from spilling I placed my hand .." Bosh shows the mechanical hand ".. onto it. Obviously it was to hot still, and I withdrew my hand. Only to have it be placed into the fire from where I had taken the kettle. Not to say, that was a rather unpleasent suprise."

Bosh scoops up some soup and continues "Though that was just one of the many injuries it had sustained outside of the militairy. As after I had found out I was not so much to be cut as a monk nor friar. I left the monastery soon after. Joined the army as an adventurous thought. Join the army, see the world it says. I saw the world. But not the way I had hoped it would be. And along the way unlike him .." Thumbing towards Rrger ".. my arm does not grow back, and thus with what I had learned from this Clanker and with some assets I had aquired while being in service I had managed to replace it. And that is where I got to meet Boo. Being accidentally caught in some metalplates. I rescued the little buddy. And he has been following me eversince"
Rrger
 player, 116 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Sat 10 Jan 2015
at 21:02
Re: Shipping Out!
"Freak accident indeed." Rrger nods, looking uncomfortable. He moves quickly on to another subject, "I wouldn't have thought you a monk. Even less I would expect Clanker to have been one. We met him as a trainer in a military school. We were given special training to be part of a team that the military can deny exists." He looks from Danyka to Bosh and then continues, "In return our past is 'forgotten' and we get a fresh start. When we get back we can talk to the sergeant about officially recruiting you into the Iron Fist. They might throw away your conviction so you wouldn't have to worry about them. Although they probably assume you're dead since you were captive on the Mannite ship." Something suddenly occurs to him, "Hey, a military prisoner was aboard a Mannite ship. Do you think the army is connected with the Mannites? It would explain how they knew which ship to hitch onto and when to do it. And how they knew our course well enough to intercept us."
Ioelenna Winterspire
 player, 55 posts
 Nyssa Winter Warwytch
 Adept/Warmage
Mon 14 Nov 2016
at 21:23
Re: Shipping Out!
Ioelenna smiles.

I would love that thinblade unless some one else claims it.

Ioelenna follows Dany around and waits for something to do. She also listens intently to Bosh, Rrger and, Dany.