Shipping Out!   Posted by GM StarMaster.Group: 0
GM StarMaster
 GM, 75 posts
Mon 24 Feb 2014
at 08:58
Shipping Out!
Supplies are handed out, and everyone is ushered to the wagons, because there are still a lot of supplies going to the ship.

Shortly past noon, the three wagons head out. It takes about four hours to reach the ship, and supplies are already being loaded.

For anyone not familiar with the ships that ply the oceans of Immoren, the ship is quite strange looking. It is flying the Mercarian flag.

It is not a ship design that was adapted to the development of ironworks, rather it seems to have been designed specifically to accommodate it.

It has two masts with sails, but it also has a large paddle wheel right in the middle of the ship. The paddle wheel is covered, but the semi-circle shape is unmistakable. The masts are fore and aft of the wheel. To either side of the wheel, and slightly aft, is a smokestack proclaiming to all that there are furnaces below deck.

The sides of the ship are ironclad, and there are two gonnes forward (one port, one starboard) and two gonnes aft on the stern.

The name on the side of the ship is the M.T.S. Resolute.

There are enough soldiers around that loading the contents of the three wagons only takes about an hour.

You are introduced to Captain Milo Gant.

"Welcome aboard the Resolute, Ladies and Gentlemen," he tells the Iron Fists. "Since we'll be operating with a skeleton crew because of all the supplies we have to take, if you have any seamanship experience, it would sure be appreciated if you could lend a hand to shipboard duties."

He glances out on the docks to note the progress being made loading, then adds:

"We'll be sailing with the tide in about an hour. I suggest you get your gear stowed."

The first mate shows you to your quarters, advising you to keep everything battened down.
Rrger
 player, 49 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Wed 26 Feb 2014
at 21:53
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger tries to stay out of the way and more or less succeeds as he loads his tools and gear onto his 'jacks and places the three of them where he can get to them on the trip. He needed to take Devro out and attach the saw, then he should probably train the three to attack and work together.
Once his larger gear is secured he finds his berth and ties down his issued gear. Once the group is together, either in the cabin or at mess, he poses a question. "Is there a way that you can all shoot around me and not through me? I'll try and hold back whatever we have to fight so you can reload, but I'd rather not get shot up in every battle."
Marco Fiero
 player, 29 posts
 Knife Artist
 Ex-convict
Thu 27 Feb 2014
at 15:51
Re: Shipping Out!
Marco finds his berth and stows his equipment, though he keeps a fair deal of it on his own person...he's not the sort to be without weapons, or to leave his valuables lying about.  As he knows a bit of the sailor's craft, he helps out with getting the ship under way, though he is not above stealing a quick kip in his bunk if/when he thinks he won't be missed.

(When the group is together on board...)

Marco grins at Rrger, and says, "I'll do my best to keep my bullets out of your back, friend.  But for that matter, I expect to be doing most of my best work at close quarters as well, so his request goes for me as well."

Twirling one of his daggers betwixt his fingers, he looks around at the group.  "On that note...while we had a bit of a chance to get a feel for each other, I think it would be good to talk about how we fit together.  As a team, that is.  I've worked with street gangs, pirate crews, merc outfits...the members didn't all necessarily like each other, but they knew how to work together.  We need to do the same, if we plan on staying breathing and above ground."

"For starters...what does everyone consider their place here, their 'bread and butter', so to speak?"  His grin reappears, with a slightly harder edge.  "For myself...I'm good at getting into difficult places, cutting throats that need cutting, and convincing people to do what we want them to.  I'm no leader...and not a particularly good follower, truth be told.  But if one of you lot wants the job, I'll do my best to listen."
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 50 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Thu 27 Feb 2014
at 21:29
Re: Shipping Out!
Danyka looked strangely at the Resolute, it was unlike any ship she had seen before.  Which wasn't saying that much, as she didn't have much experience with anything nautical; she could barely swim - which had been readily apparent in basic training.  She did know enough to ask permission before boarding, but seemed rather tentative on-board.  The ship might have been fairly large, but it wasn't so large that there wasn't movement to deck.

She greeted the Captain when he introduced himself and set about stowing her belongings in her assigned cabin.  Conspicuously, she continued to wear her own backpack for the moment; though the standard issue duffel and framepack (still fully loaded, sans pistol, of course) were left on her bunk.

In making sure that Argus was properly situated, she followed (or at least tried to subtly observe and copy) Nicollo's lead.  The Thurian gun mage seemed to know what he was doing - so, she figured that she could only do much worse on her own.  And even though she tried to watch him carefully, she was eventually required to actually ask for his aid in making sure that Argus was not in danger.

Not the strongest of the Iron Fist physically, Dany knew better than to disrupt the flow; so, mostly she tried to stay out of the way.  She was more than willing to put in a helping hand when necessary, but she never tried to inject herself into any doings or tasks unasked at this point.

Danyka was more than willing to gather and talk with the others, when Rrger effectively gathered everyone together.  In fact, she seemed quite eager.  "I can assure you that I hit what I aim for, Master Rrger." she said easily and simply, the raven-haired Llaelese gun mage does realized that might sound more than a touch arrogant, "I have studied you and your charges in various situations."  Dany shrugged slightly diffidently, "I have been watching all of you, and I believe that I have a pretty good feel for your movements and style."  During Basic, her pistol time at the range and in various situations does back up her assertions; the young lady does appear to be familiar with compensating for the chaotic movement of hand-to-hand combat in her own aiming efforts.

"Thank you for pulling us together," she nodded to her Ogrun mechankic companion, "We definitely should discuss better ways to ensure that we may insure that all of us remain alive..."  She nodded to Marco's assessment of himself, then pointing to herself.  "I have some facility in the woods.  And a fair facility with these..." and she pulled her two mage-locked pistols from the belt beneath her heavy greatcoat, though her fingers were obviously kept away from the triggers and they were not pointed in the direction of any of her comrades,.  Then Danyka smiled gently, almost diffidently, "I also carry a healing wand.  With Morrow as my guide, I am capable of some very limited feats of healing."  She shrugged slightly, "I am only lay clergy, however."  It was a bit of an apology and mostly just a matter-of-fact statement.  The raven-haired pistoleer seemed more than willing to elaborate on her perceived strengths and weaknesses, and entertain any other ideas about how best to utilize her skills.  Noticeably, Dany was tight-lipped about how some of those skills might have been obtained, but she is open about whether she knows something on a given topic (and her breadth is actually fairly good...) - for a gun mage.

[OOC:  The group would more than likely be well-aware that Danyka has Precise Shot.  And while Dany has some grounding in Knowledge (tactics) - though she is by no means an expert, her player really has none.  So, we'll have to presume that she can speak on it cogently, even if her typist can't.]
Nicollo Baldino
 player, 68 posts
 Ordic Thurian
 Noble/Gun Mage
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 00:19
Re: Shipping Out!
Nicollo boarded the resolute and quickly made himself familiar with it's interior; he was by no means a sailor, but his uprising ws seasoned with stories about the braves who captained the dead, and their sucessors in war during the time of the Rebelion. Salt water was on his blood by means of heritage, even if not by experience.

After making the preparations to accomodate Jester and helping Dany do the same to Argus, he found his own niche and let his equipment there... except for his pistols, which were not equipment, but an extension of his acting power. He carried with him even the new one, issued by the Quartermaster. As he had no holster for her, it went into a pocket. He would atone for the shame of being carried as a simple anything by being the only one marked while riding the waves, Nicollo thought, dreamy.

He spent some time talking to the sailors and helping with the ships arrangements, moved by remembrances of a happier time. One thing he knew: even though he needed to let his past behind him, the stories were the part which he would never forget. Even if he manage to erase his name, the stories he cherished would still be part of his being.

It wasn't long when the entire Iron Fist found themselves together. The Ordic gun mage knew that the subject started by Rrger and Marco were a crucial one, but he felt a little unease in being honest to his answers. "I won't lie to you, I am pretty good in hitting what I intend to, but I've never before had the need to worry about fighters I didin't want hit in one skirmish. You know, Rrger, when these bullets pass through a target as thick as you, it tends to loose too much speed and with it I can kiss goodbye to its penetrating power, so don't worry about me wanting to it it, though" he kids. "Anyway, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the idea of considering your erratic movements in a fight, but it's not something I've needed before. Don't worry, though, I would rather miss the chance to hit some enemy than risk hurting a friend."

"Well, what can I contribute to the fist? I'm a good shot, and I can keep my cool in most situations, be it a fight or a tense meeting. Not one to miss small details. I've passed through the Fingers and when exiting had more than when I've entered." He let this in the air, hoping that someone would understand, and knowing most would misunderstand. Anyway, the idea that someone with his figure could thrive in the mud - and a dangerous mud, that was - was the idea he wanted to instill, and that would be reached with both results.
Rrger
 player, 50 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Fri 28 Feb 2014
at 16:18
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger looks from person to person. The military plan was working, they were becoming something of a team. "For myself, I went to college and learned my way around 'jacks and mechanika as well as casting some minor spells. I payed the bills in college by working as a bodyguard for a 'family' in the city. They had more people using the guns, I was mostly a deterrent." With a large smile he continues, "Most people won't mess with a full grown Trollkin. I'm planning to teach my 'jacks to attack as a team so they can swarm a single opponent. And I'm putting the large buzz saw on Devro, the steamjack. It's almost inevitable that we'll run out of fuel and spare parts so eventually they'll be less useful. And Nicollo, I'll try not to stop too many of your bullets. By the way, I took the pistol and rounds they offered. Figured you lot might need extra later on.
GM StarMaster
 GM, 76 posts
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 01:03
Re: Shipping Out!
NPC'd

It actually took longer for Gorren to load his gear on the ship than it had Rrger, particularly the portable forge. He was still debating with himself whether he should wear his armor aboard ship. He struggled trying to imagine anything he'd need to battle on the ship, other than maybe pirates.

He joined the group late.

"Up close and personal, that's the way I fight. Rrger and his 'jacks and I can handle anything what comes our way. If you cover our flanks, we should be golden."


((OOC: I was planning on bringing Gorren and Katrin along just in case they returned.))
Creswick
 player, 40 posts
 Radiz from Ios \ Outcast
 Rogue \ Thief Alley Cat
Sat 1 Mar 2014
at 07:56
Re: Shipping Out!
Creswick follows along, quite happy to keep silent while stories are told.

When it comes to his turn, Creswick smiles wryly, and says "While I am skilled in many things, I am not particularly good at any of them. Of what I pride myself, is the ability to learn, and take in information. I have a working knowledge of a large number of the beasties out there, and am quite focused on making it more so. I am more than happy to assist where needed and may have an option available should there be noone better than I."

"In the mean time, we should get sorted, and make sure that we can do what needs to be done, so I will bow to whoever offers the best plan."

Creswick then seems to fade back into the chair and takes up listening to each proposition once more.
GM StarMaster
 GM, 78 posts
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 00:40
Re: Shipping Out!
As dusk falls, the furnaces on the ship are fired up.

"ALL ABOARD!" the call goes out.

As soon as the captain is sure everyone who is going is aboard, lines are cast off and he engages the engines. The paddlewheel begins to turn and the ship starts to move out.


The ship is barely a 200 feet from the dock when Gorren, Marco and Nicollo get a bad feeling. They can't put their finger on it, but something just doesn't feel right.
Marco Fiero
 player, 32 posts
 Knife Artist
 Ex-convict
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 06:00
Re: Shipping Out!
Marco is on deck as the ship begins to get under way, leaning against the rail and smoking a cigarillo.  He is feeling a bit morose; his face is absent its usual smile, instead wearing a much more subdued expression.  Smoke drifts between his lips, floating away to mix with the coalsmoke from the stack.

A long journey, he thinks.  A long, lonely journey.  He hadn't considered the fact that he's going to be cooped up on a ship with a bunch of men and only two women for what could be weeks.  Granted, both the lasses were quite easy on the eyes...but both were very handy with their pistols, and neither seemed the type to be talked around by his streetwise charm.  Besides, even if either of them were susceptible to his advances, that would be a perfect way to make the tension on the ship even tenser.  Hands off, he decides grudgingly, and comforts himself with the thought of exotic beauties that might await him on Zu.

It does little to cheer him, though, and he realizes he's on edge...something feels wrong, has him brimming with nervous energy.  Tossing his butt over the side of the ship, he begins to pace around the decks, his dark eyes casting about for any sign of anything out of place...and one hand rubbing his knife hilt for luck.

OOC:  If Marco sees Nicollo, Rrger, or Creswick, he will probably confide his feelings in them, see if they have any misgivings or ideas...no offense to anyone else, but he's got a bit of rapport with Rrger and Cres, and Nicollo is also Tordoran and thus seems more familiar.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:00, Tue 04 Mar 2014.

Creswick
 player, 41 posts
 Radiz from Ios \ Outcast
 Rogue \ Thief Alley Cat
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 11:26
Re: Shipping Out!
Creswick has stayed on deck for as much of the proceedings as possible. While not getting under foot, and even attempting to help where he can, it is apparent that his experience at sea is limited at best.

Attempting to start a conversation or two with people on deck as it will be a long trip ahead, Creswick finds that while he has no luck with any of the crew of the ship, he notices that Marco is also pacing on board.

Creswick begins moving towards him, "What's wrong," He asks, moving to take a view of the ocean. "I know naught of seamanship, and the little I know to help is relegated to tying things down and or steadying the swaying man. All else I know is sea shanties and tales of woe. The Sea appears silent, which could be good or bad, and all that is left is ones intuition as to when hell breaks loose. That much I know from my time between the hewn roads."

In response to Marco's comments about excess energy, "While nothing per say is bothering me, it is a fool of a man who does not trust his own instinct, and if you say something seems amiss, it does no harm to exercise a tad bit of caution." Says Creswick, "I'd suggest you keep a keen eye out and be ready for anything. Life has a funny way of warning you of that which can go wrong, and fate is the cruel bitch who keeps you guessing."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:48, Wed 05 Mar 2014.

Rrger
 player, 51 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Tue 4 Mar 2014
at 16:02
Re: Shipping Out!
"Hey waitaminute, " Rrger says, turning back to the grinning sailor, "There is no shore line. Well there is, but it's not a rope." As the sailor chuckled Rrger looks a little embarrassed. At least he hadn't run looking for it. "How about I just get out of the way and let you guys do the job?" The embarrassment fades as he walks away and he starts to chuckle a bit himself. He stops as he walks by Creswick and Marco.
"Hey, you'll never guess what just happened. I offered to help this seaman up front and he said he wass checking all the lines. He started naming them to me, this line, that line, the whatever it was line. But he was concerned that the shore line wasn't there and to me to go see if it was aft. I was about to ask where aft was when I got the joke. I think he just wanted me to stop distracting him and go away for a while. So I'm out of the way. What's happening here?"
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 51 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Wed 5 Mar 2014
at 18:31
Re: Shipping Out!
Danyka stood at the railing towards the stern of the Resolute.  Her gaze seemed steady and unwavering, though her hands gripped the railing tightly - her knuckles white under the pressure, which betrayed the mounting tension despite her rather stony features.

She tried to take deep breaths for the young Rhynnish woman looked a touch uncomfortable with the rocking of the boat.  And she was likely a shade paler than normal.  Her head didn't move - keeping her gaze locked on the receding land, though she did respond to Rrger's observations with her own question.  "Do you think," the tall Llaelese brunette said slowly, "that there is a problem, Mister Rrger?"  There was perhaps some urgency in her tone, though that could have been due a number of things in the surround rather than the trollkin's budding suspicions.  Obviously, she didn't necessarily sense anything wrong, but then she also obviously had very little (if any) previous shipboard experience.

She paused to let out another deep breath.  "Careful boys." Dany stated thoughtfully, just a touch of wistfulness in her voice, "This may be the last time we see the continent of Immoren."  She knew that might sound just a touch too fatalistic, so she added after another measured pause, "At least, for a fairly long while..."
Rrger
 player, 52 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Wed 5 Mar 2014
at 22:40
Re: Shipping Out!
"There don't seem to be any problems with the boat, if that's what you mean." Rrger says. "I think our chances of returning home are good though. I have a teleport spell on a scroll. We may not get out of here with all our gear, but we should be able to get out."
GM StarMaster
 GM, 79 posts
Sun 9 Mar 2014
at 21:23
Re: Shipping Out!
Gorren was more interested in the engines and the big wheel, thought that there might be something off with them, but it couldn't see or hear anything amiss.

Marco was pacing around the deck, and Nicollo was staring ahead when...


The ship was suddenly being boarded! They were climbing up ropes that were hung from the bow!

Marco's first indication was when a dagger whizzed by his head and stuck in the mast.

Nicollo's first indication was when a hand reached through the gunwales and tried to grab his foot!

The first impression after that was that monsters were trying to board the ship! They had big dark heads... mean-looking! And then you realized that they were wearing some sort of mechanical apparatus on their heads.

It was hard to tell in the fading light, but it looked like there were a dozen of them.
Rrger
 player, 53 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Mon 10 Mar 2014
at 04:38
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger quickly draws his weapon and moves to attack the nearest opponent.

OOC: 22:37, Today: Rrger rolled 16 using 1d20+2. initiative.
Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 52 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Tue 11 Mar 2014
at 05:48
Re: Shipping Out!
Danyka had been pacing the mid-deck near the others.  She hadn't found Rrger's answer all that satisfying or comforting, but had left if at that.  There was nothing to be gained with further badgering.  And actually Dany had seemed preoccupied anyways.

when the dagger had clattered upon the deck, the tall Rhynnish brunette had whirled and around, her pistols sliding easily from their belt holsters in a movement that appeared to be all too practiced for the young lady.  Danyka stared off in the direction that dagger had come from, letting her vision momentary adjust its focus in the dying twilight.

"What..." she vocalized her momentary confusion, half-demanding growl resonated with more than a touch of semi-rhetorical, quasi-confused undertones, "what the hell is going on here?!?"  The Llaelese gun mage didn't really expect an answer - at least one that didn't involve some serious lead...

[OOC:  So many choices, so few guns...

  Move Action:      Shift position as necessary to get clear shots and not be engaged, while drawing a pistol in each hand.
  Free Action:      Uh... what the heck are these things?
  Standard Action:  Ready pistols to fire, as necessary

  22:31, Today: Danyka Ydrasyl rolled 19 using 1d20+9. Initiative.
  22:45, Today: Danyka Ydrasyl rolled 13 using 1d20+6. Knowledge (Arcana (?))/Int Check.

I'm not really sure what Knowledge specialty (if any) might apply - but if Dany has it, the same bonus would apply +6 - otherwise, she knows nothing...:)]

Marco Fiero
 player, 33 posts
 Knife Artist
 Ex-convict
Wed 12 Mar 2014
at 01:54
Re: Shipping Out!
Marco cursed sulphurously and his hands immediately dropped to his weapons.  "We're under attack!  Everybody, grab arms and repel boarders!  Move, you..." he finished with a string of Tordoran slang phrases that would never be called terms of endearment.


17:49, Tue 11 Mar 2014: Marco Fiero rolled 28 using 1d20+8 (initiative).

Action will depend upon how close I am to one of these miscreants.

A.) If a boarder (preferably the one who threw the knife) is within 30':
Move action:  advance to opponent, drawing knives simultaneously
Standard action:  attack with dagger
17:50, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 27 using 1d20+9. Attack roll with dagger.
17:51, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 7 using 1d4+5. damage roll with dagger.

B.) If none are within 30':
Move action:  advance towards opponent, drawing double-barreled pistol simultaneously
Standard action:  fire pistol
17:50, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 26 using 1d20+8. Attack roll with pistol.
17:51, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 5 using 2d4. damage roll with pistol.

GM StarMaster
 GM, 80 posts
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 05:04
Re: Shipping Out!
It would seem as if the boarders were expecting to have surprise on their side, or otherwise didn't account for climbing the last 5 feet of rope and negotiating the climb over the railing. As a result, the Iron Fist has the initiative.

Marco has no problem moving 30 feet to engage the enemy. His dagger attack hits, but he quickly realizes that the armor his opponent is wearing is absorbing some of that damage.

Dany is initially puzzled by the attackers, but only because of the dim lighting. Once they climb over the railing, she realizes that they are just people wearing some sort of ironwork armor with strange helmets. As the water continues to drip off them, she guesses the helmets allowed them to breathe underwater.
Rrger
 player, 54 posts
 Cygnaran Trollkin
 Bodyguard/Arcane Mechanik
Thu 13 Mar 2014
at 14:11
Re: Shipping Out!
Rrger's cleft greatsword comes down quickly, scoring a solid hit against the boarder he had moved to block.

OOC:
08:06, Today: Rrger rolled 26 using 1d20+9 with rolls of 17. attack boarder.
08:08, Today: Rrger rolled 17 using 2d6+6 with rolls of 5,6. Damage boarder.
Note: quenched serricsteel, bypass most damage resist

Nicollo Baldino
 player, 70 posts
 Ordic Thurian
 Noble/Gun Mage
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 01:37
Re: Shipping Out!
Nicollo stepped back, trying to avoid the grappling hand. More from instinct than decision, one of his guns found a way to his left hand. He heard some words and the sound of steel on steel, but he added his own shout and shots to warn the sailors and his fellows, for good measure. "We're being boarded!"



OOC:
Free actions - Readying Shouter (Quad-iron pistol) and shouting
Shooting at the nearest attacker (the one who tried to grab him) at point-blank
22:32, Today: Nicollo Baldino rolled 26 using 1d20+7. Sooting neareast attacker (PB).
A nineteen on the dice means it's on the threat range of my Quad-iron!
22:35, Today: Nicollo Baldino rolled 18 using 1d20+7. Confirming critical?
I really hope these attackers have a less tan 18 AC... 'cause if that's the case, I'm rolling 8d4 of damage for him!
22:37, Thu 13 Mar 2014: Nicollo Baldino rolled 21 using 8d4 ((2,3,1,3,4,2,4,2)).

Danyka Ydrasyl
 player, 53 posts
 Rhynnish/Llaelese Human
 Gun Mage/Morrow Initiate
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 19:02
Re: Shipping Out!
When the chopping and the shooting started, Dany joined right in.  Well, with the shooting at least.  The tall Rhynnish brunette shifted to get a better position and then squeezed the trigger of the pistol in each hand.  She sought to back up the charging Rrger, unphased by the trollkin's bulk and seemingly unworried about hitting her companion even though he was directly engaging the enemy.

The Llaelese gun mage was quiet amongst the din of battle, not saying anything didn't require her to raise her voice at all.  For Danyka, it was a win-win situation.

Now, all that she needed to do was to try and help her side to actually win.

[OOC:  Fire at an opponent, preferably the one that Rrger is hitting (unless, of course, he has already killed that one - in which case, she will target the next nearest boarder):

  Move Action:      Shift position as necessary to get best shot - other held to reload one pistol afterwards...
  Standard Action:  Fire to Repel!

  11:55, Today: Danyka Ydrasyl rolled 28,17 using 1d20+12,1d20+12. Attack: Magelock Pistol 1&2.
  11:57, Today: Danyka Ydrasyl rolled 10,11 using 2d6,2d6. Damage: Magelock Pistol 1&2.

Accurate magelocked military pistols with Precision ammunition.  If the enemy is less than thirty feet away, then Dany will get +1 attack and +1 damage from Point Blank Shot (not added in).]

Marco Fiero
 player, 34 posts
 Knife Artist
 Ex-convict
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 19:57
Re: Shipping Out!
Sorry, didn't realize it was time to take another turn. :)

Marco's face twists into a savage grin as he continues to fight with his opponent, daggers flickering and darting, seeking the chinks in his opponent's armor.

OOC:  Blasted DR...
11:56, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 14 using 1d20+7. attack roll with right dagger.
11:56, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 22 using 1d20+7. attack roll with left dagger.
11:56, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 6 using 1d4+5. damage roll with right dagger (if it hits).
11:56, Today: Marco Fiero rolled 6 using 1d4+5. damage roll with left dagger.

Creswick
 player, 42 posts
 Radiz from Ios \ Outcast
 Rogue \ Thief Alley Cat
Fri 14 Mar 2014
at 21:37
Re: Shipping Out!
Creswick draws his Longsword as the attackers climb the railing, and moving in to flank Marco's victim, he swings his sword at his target, although it looks like it was wildly off course, perhaps due to not being on a ship before.

Slowly circling around his target, Creswick gets ready to attack again the moment an opportunity is presented.

"Better to whittle em down quickly right Marco?" Creswick says as they continue the combat.

OOC
10:32, Today: Creswick rolled 9 using 1d20+1. +2 from flanking not included, attack roll. (Also forgot to include masterwork +1 to hit, but meh. still a miss methinks.)


Better luck with any attacks of opportunity I hope.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:20, Mon 17 Mar 2014.

GM StarMaster
 GM, 81 posts
Mon 17 Mar 2014
at 03:01
Re: Shipping Out!
Although there are a dozen boarders climbing over the rails pretty much all at the same time, they aren't all within reach.

Rrger hacks at a boarder and manages to kill him with one blow!


Not to be outdone, Nicollo fires at the boarder that had tried to grab him. His shot hits with a critical and kills the man. ((Odd that this hasn't come up before... House Rule: a natural roll of 20 without a critical does max damage. Critical success does max damage times the multiplier. Makes combat go a bit faster. So Nicollo did 32 points of damage.))


Seems like it's a case of one-upmanship as Dany lets loose at the next boarder to Rrger's left. Both pistols hit, which is enough to kill another boarder.


Marco is also able to score a hit with both his daggers, and though he seriously injures the boarder, it's not quite enough to take him down.


Creswick has no problem flanking Marco's foe, but he swings and misses.


By the end of the round, though, everyone has a better idea of what they are facing. The boarders all appear to be human. They aren't really wearing armor, but have a breast plate that is fused to the large helmet. It handicaps them in their movement, AC and attacks, but provides a DR of 1. They have an AC of 14 and 15 or so hit points.

The only one still alive and in position to attack is the one facing Marco. He pulls out a short curved blade and swings... and misses.