In the Land of Zu.   Posted by GM StarMaster.Group: 0
Tealon Holdron
 player, 267 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 00:37
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Tealon Holdron (msg # 448):

Tealon takes his time, gets some writing Implements and something to write on, then starts to sketch.  Like he was fabricating the schematics for one of his complex machines, he draws and writes.

There, that should do it he whispers to himself.

Returning to the group, he puts the paper down.  Karnu mentioned that there are uninhabited islands that are difficult to get supplies to, that we may not have so much issue with our ships though.  If we build a proper harbour, we can make it easier and protected.  Here are the drawings.  Puts down the sheets he has been creating.

We need space for a small factory, storage spaces, living places and experimenting, this last bit for the stuff we don't want people from this land knowing about.

Also, if the people of these lands are supplying people for armies and labour, there is nothing wrong with us utilising them too but with better connections and conditions.  This would ingratiate them, take some of that power base from the Promaxim but without them knowing.  Pulling the plug on their support when they least expect it and need it.  It's just like when I was setting up my business in the city but on a larger scale.  This also has the added effect or syphon off some of their resources for our own use.


He wasn't sure that they would accept what he was saying but he knew it had merit.  Lots of merit. We could still use the new technology but make out that we are just using for storage, a trading base, because this new power source used in the ship could be utilised for things that need power, it appears a lot cleaner than smoke, so it won't be noticed, especially if we still use a chimney or two and just burn for lighting and cooking.

Making it look like we are raising an army will bring attention that at the moment, we don't want or need.


He took a deep breath.  What does everyone think?

This message was last edited by the player at 00:40, Sun 13 Jan.

Ioelenna Winterspire
 player, 97 posts
 Nyssa Winter Warwytch
 Adept/Warmage
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 00:54
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Tealon Holdron (msg # 449):

" Sounds good I can even work on something to keep my quarters cooler giving me a refuge from heat. "
Tealon Holdron
 player, 268 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 01:08
Re: In the Land of Zu
Ioelenna Winterspire:
In reply to Tealon Holdron (msg # 449):

" Sounds good I can even work on something to keep my quarters cooler giving me a refuge from heat. "

"Especially if we get one of those 'Preservation Cabinets' or Bag of Cooling things you spoke of!"
Katrin Eason
 player, 37 posts
 Caspian/Cygnar Rogue
 AC 19; HP 21/21
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 02:46
Re: In the Land of Zu
At first, Katrin was inclined to laugh at Tealon's silly suggestions, but then she realized that he was quite serious.

"To be honest, Tealon, unless you can build this base in about a week, I wasn't expecting to be here that long," she replies.

"What we need for the island is one that is tall enough to hide our mast and a natural harbor we can sail into."

"The problem with using any native labor is that we can't assure their loyalty. The Promaxim can threaten their family and offer them money. They may think that is the better option rather than helping someone they don't know, don't understand and probably don't really agree with."

"In any case, if it's a small island, just how many hiding places do you think there are?"

"Remember, we don't want to be running around killing people. There may be a time or two where it can't be helped but that really isn't who we are. And we certainly don't want these people to think that's what we'll do."

"I just had an idea! Tealon, I think you are our best hope for separating the Kinzata from the Promaxim. YOU are now the messenger of Waundu! You can tell their leaders that Waundu does not want them to aid the Promaxim."

"Khuno, could you assist Tealon in dressing appropriately?"

Tealon Holdron
 player, 269 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Sun 13 Jan 2019
at 04:04
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Katrin Eason (msg # 452):

The Mechanik is at first confused, then realisation.  You meant the short term!  Now I get you.  You do know that what you are suggesting is a long thing not a short one?  Any kind of loyalty change, unless they have already got a reason for it, is likely going to be hard won and as you say, may be short lived if the Promaxim hears about it.

If he got his translator back from Danyka, he doubted he would have a problem understanding what people were saying, just not able to reply in their language.  Given that the islands so far have been large enough to hide the ships, I'm sure there would be one around large enough and still uninhabited that we could utilise, and whilst waiting, we could build.  With the equipment we have on the ship, I doubt it would take more than a week to make something usable.

I'll go and negotiate with Karnu for a suitable location, oh and before I go, who is this Wundu you speak of?


Once final instructions were garnered, Tealon headed to locate their host, Karnu and continue the conversation regarding islands, there.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:54, Mon 21 Jan.

Katrin Eason
 player, 38 posts
 Caspian/Cygnar Rogue
 AC 19; HP 21/21
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 22:29
Re: In the Land of Zu
"Waundu is the god the Kinzata believe gave them the secret of the wings," Katrin answers Tealon's question.

"If you fly in there, they will be concerned and confused that someone else was given the secret of the wings."

"Did you improve them any? If so, you could give them that improvement to verify that you are, indeed, Waundu."

GM StarMaster
 GM, 311 posts
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 22:38
Re: In the Land of Zu
Tealon goes and talks to Karnu who is still in the meeting hall with everyone.

He explains to Tealon via Khuno that they don't own or claim any of the islands. A few of them get visited by fishers, but none of them are inhabited. The main reason for that is that it requires logistics greater than they are capable of handling. Taking food and water out there daily or even weekly is more than anyone wants to do. And why would anyone want to live so far away from everyone else?

Karnu doesn't know much about the islands but he calls over Timo Gram, a successful fisher who knows the islands quite well.

Timo identifies 3 that might fit Tealon's needs: Riga Mirada, Riga Shanu and Riga Veda. He'll explain where they are and even draw a map to indicate where they are. He then offers to show you where they are, clearly wanting to ride on your ship.
Tealon Holdron
 player, 271 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Mon 11 Feb 2019
at 00:21
Re: In the Land of Zu
Katrin Eason:
"Waundu is the god the Kinzata believe gave them the secret of the wings," Katrin answers Tealon's question.

"If you fly in there, they will be concerned and confused that someone else was given the secret of the wings."

"Did you improve them any? If so, you could give them that improvement to verify that you are, indeed, Waundu."

Ah, forgive me, I didn't mean to cause offense.  I'm not a God either, I made some adjustments but nothing significant.  I will try though.  At least I got a few working.

When Tealon speaks with Timo Gram and Karnu, he is happy with the maps and the information. Assendant Corben may bless us with food and water, although I would not be blessed with this ability myself, others may be.
GM StarMaster
 GM, 313 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 21:09
Re: In the Land of Zu
((OOC: Too many games and not enough brain any more... This seemed like a good idea at the time but I'm having trouble executing it.))


The discussion continues for awhile. Katrin and Nicollo keep an eye on the locals to see if any of them look dissatisfied with the plan... enough to want to curry favor with the Promaxim by telling him the plan.

There doesn't appear to be anyone so inclined, though. Apparently these are the people that understand the threat the Promaxim poses.
Tealon Holdron
 player, 272 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 22:16
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to GM StarMaster (msg # 457):

After discussions, Tealon checked in on the others.
Katrin Eason
 player, 39 posts
 Caspian/Cygnar Rogue
 AC 19; HP 21/21
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 19:03
Re: In the Land of Zu
"Now that we've got a plan, we should return to the ship and inform the others," Katrin said.

"We can then find that island to use as a base."

She waited for a moment to see if anyone else had anything else to add, and then headed back to the ship.
Tealon Holdron
 player, 274 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 22:03
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Katrin Eason (msg # 459):

Tealon nods and follows.
GM StarMaster
 GM, 314 posts
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 02:56
Re: In the Land of Zu
Once you get back to the ship, it's decided that it'd be better if your would-be guide didn't actually know what isle you chose for a base.

The ship sets sail to go look at several of the islands that were suggested. Turns out there are about a dozen rocky islets that could be used... and another two dozen or so smaller ones that aren't large enough or high enough to hide the ship.

All of these island appear to be of volcanic origin, but have centuries or more of weathering and erosion from wind, wave and rain. The first three you visit are almost suitable, but they are a bit too rocky with no suitable harborage.

After visiting all of them, the decision is made to go back to the fourth island. It's close enough to be practical but not too far away.
Tealon Holdron
 player, 276 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 23:14
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to GM StarMaster (msg # 461):

Captain, this looks like the best of them all, sheltered enough for you and for us, it will be interesting to see what other things we can find on this isle which can be utilised.
Katrin Eason
 player, 40 posts
 Caspian/Cygnar Rogue
 AC 19; HP 21/21
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 21:29
Re: In the Land of Zu
"That sort of detail I'll leave up to you and the captain," Katrin said, "as it's a bit out of my wheelhouse."

"However, I will mention that you should look to some sort of defensive measures here, make sure you have a way out and probably maintain a watch up on the hill. No matter how boring it may get, a force coming over the hill will have a serious advantage. I know that's the way I'd come."

"Now, for the rest of the plan. First of all, we're going to need a few more people. I'm afraid we'll have to borrow a couple of crewmen, Captain."

"How about you, Morrison, and you, Korkas? Interested in overthrowing a country?"

"Okay, okay. It's not a whole country, just one little barony cause the local lord wants to overthrow the country so he can steal all our secrets. All we want is a little bit of trade."

Korkas
 player, 3 posts
 Trollkin Monk Bodyguard
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 22:02
Re: In the Land of Zu
Korkas looked down at the woman and then back to the captain before he nodded silently at the woman and turned to head below deck to gather up what little he had in a pack. A few moments later he comes from below, a pack over his shoulder as stops before Katrin "You in charge then?"
A. Morrison
 player, 2 posts
 Ex-Ranger
 Cygnarian/Tordoran
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 01:10
Re: In the Land of Zu
Morrison was sitting off to the side on a barrel a smirk on his face "That all depends on how far from Cygnar it gets me." the ex-ranger had a thing about staying away from the kingdom he once called home and clearly fought for the faded blue shoulder guards of his armored great cloak and the crest of the cygnarian army that had clearly been scrapped off with a knife an indication of his past "But seriously why does this sound like it's going to be easy? I mean what one maybe two bullets and the problems solved?" He asked as he cleared the breach of his military carbine before checking it for grit, rust and what have you before slamming it home.
Katrin Eason
 player, 41 posts
 Caspian/Cygnar Rogue
 AC 19; HP 21/21
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 18:42
Re: In the Land of Zu
"Technically, Danyka there is 'in charge', but she's asked me to run this little operation," Katrin.

"The name's Katrin, in case you haven't picked that up on our voyage."

"Anyway, our target is cunning and clever... and paranoid. Maybe more so since Danyka rescued the crew of the trade ship from right under his nose. Plus, the trader thought he could get rich faster by selling secrets to the Promaxim, so we had to... eliminate him."

"So, the Promaxim is in a fortress, has lots of guards and resources, and is trying to take over... more via political and economic leverage than by force."

"If we try to assassinate him and fail, it will be even harder to get to him after that."

"No, my plan is pull his base out from under him. If he doesn't learn his lesson, it'll be a lot easier to eliminate him then."

"Remember, we're in a foreign land. While we've made some friends, we still don't know or understand all the ramifications of their culture."

"So, right now, we're setting up a base here on this island."

Korkas
 player, 4 posts
 Trollkin Monk Bodyguard
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 18:53
Re: In the Land of Zu
Korkas looks over to Morrison as he speaks up and then back to the little woman, his face showing that he is working through the details of what she said. He then nods as he looks over to Danyka "Okay I listen."
Tealon Holdron
 player, 277 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 19:38
Re: In the Land of Zu
Katrin Eason:
"However, I will mention that you should look to some sort of defensive measures here, make sure you have a way out and probably maintain a watch up on the hill. No matter how boring it may get, a force coming over the hill will have a serious advantage. I know that's the way I'd come."


Katrin seemed to know what she was talking about, Talpac found this 'interesting' and 'encouraging'.  He tried to find some more words ending in "ing" that described her and kept them to himself.

The plan would be to check out the whole island, even if we had a watch on the hill, if there was a waterside cave that led through to this side, we should know about it before others use it against us.

The plan is to train people to use the fliers, they can circle above like the Albatross they mirror and then signal if something untoward occurs, we have 3 sets so shifts could be used, I don't suggest longer than 1 hour at a time including a 5 minutes over lap at each end, maybe even just 45 minutes, that should ease tiredness but have a constant watch over the whole island.

How does that sound to you Danyka?

Korkas
 player, 5 posts
 Trollkin Monk Bodyguard
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 20:53
Re: In the Land of Zu
"Fly?" Korkas green skin pales a moment, he was not afraid of falling but this was not just falling. He liked to be able to have his hands on the wall, tree or other surface if he was going to be high. "Scout good"
Tealon Holdron
 player, 278 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 23:50
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Korkas (msg # 469):

Seeing the discomfort on Korkas' face, Tealon added "There would be need for land based watch ad work too, how else could we locate any caves?"
Korkas
 player, 6 posts
 Trollkin Monk Bodyguard
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 23:46
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Tealon Holdron (msg # 470):

Korkas grunted in acceptance to Tealon and then looked to the two commanding women. He stood there silently his arms crossed slightly with his left handing holding his right wrist as he awaited instructions or actions from the others.
A. Morrison
 player, 3 posts
 Ex-Ranger
 Cygnarian/Tordoran
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 00:14
Re: In the Land of Zu
"I'm with grunts over there, I'm a land scout that means my best work is on solid ground preferably when it's under foot and not hundreds of feet below." Morrison said though he did like the idea of setting up a shot from that high up as one couldn't get a clearer line of sight then above.
Tealon Holdron
 player, 279 posts
 "Blaster"; ArcaneMechanik
 AC 14 (22); HP 24/24
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 08:48
Re: In the Land of Zu
In reply to Korkas (msg # 471):

Don't mind me Korkas, I'm just glad to have land under our feet for a change. Morrison, it's a great view, but so should it be from the top of the hill.

Danyka, I have plans to draw up and to talk with the ship's Captain about a habour


Tealon remembered his arrival to the Resolute, in the basket of the balloon, it was the height and rocking motion, similar to when he landed on the ship, seasickness didn't sit well with him. The opportunity to bd in control in the skies, the smooth flight... He broke out of his revery.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:49, Yesterday.