X2U-238: Shot In the Dark.   Posted by StarMaster.Group: 0
Hilda
 SG-X1, 650 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Mon 5 Jun 2017
at 06:36
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
Peeking, Hilda confirmed the Jaffa had all properly made obeisance. She rose, then ordered 'Now, report! Tell the goddess all that happened here.' she urged them, hoping to get the complete story this time, so Kaspar couldn't second-guess it. Then she added, for good measure, 'Kree!'
StarMaster
 GM, 775 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Sun 18 Jun 2017
at 02:15
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
The Jaffa look a bit confused at Hilda's demand.

Finally, one of them speaks.

"We mine this planet for naquadah, but because there is no chappa'ai, we have to transport it off the planet with a ha'tak. When we came here this time, there was a problem with the engines, and we crashed here."

"That was when the Slime God got aboard. It was on the cargo level first, but as the others attacked it, it drove them up to the peltak. Then it started coming back down. We could not contact Fu-T'sang or his Prime, or anyone else that had gone above."

"Our weapons were ineffectual against the Slime God. Without orders to do anything else, we left the ship and sealed it behind us so that the Slime God could not get out. We have been watching ever since."

Hilda
 SG-X1, 651 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Sun 18 Jun 2017
at 06:55
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
'Indeed.' Hilda declared solemnly, for lack of anything else to say while she considered what to ask next. 'Now, describe your former god Fu-T'sang, so there can be no doubt that he is dead.' she demanded next, hoping just as she'd said that they could eliminate their doubt that he was actually dead.

'Did orak'tar ever serve Fu-T'sang, or any enemies known to him?'
StarMaster
 GM, 777 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 05:37
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
[OOC: Ack! You stumped me, Hilda! I had/have no idea how the Jaffa would describe their god! Fortunately, I was able to consult the Oracle!]


"Uh... well, Fu-T'sang looks like a god," the Jaffa finally answers. He was clearly confused by Hilda's request.

"He is a Dragonlord. Looks like any of us, but taller. His skin was red. And he had two horns on his head."

"I do not know for sure if he's ever had orak'tar servants, but I do not believe so. He's the last of the Dragonlords to do so. He's traded with the other Dragonlords for their Jaffa."

Hilda
 SG-X1, 652 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 06:48
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
Hilda recalled the horned skull and strange bones she'd found lying in the throne in the pel'tak, it had to be the same. That confirmed it – Fu-T'sang was dead. The one who'd come through the Ring of Stars was some other Goa'uld. 'It is him, my lady. Fu-T'sang is dead.' she declared to Vasandra.

Glancing back to the assembled Jaffa, she demanded 'Now, will you follow us and avenge Fu-T'sang and serve your new god?
StarMaster
 GM, 778 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 13:33
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
"Yes. We'd already agreed to that," the Jaffa replies. "Unless Fu-T'sang is reborn. We have seen the remains after the Slime-god devoured a person. Not even a telchak can restore life to what is left."

"Who are we wreaking vengeance upon? Did not the goddess destroy the Slime-god? We have no chance of defeating it with our weapons."

Hilda
 SG-X1, 653 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 13:57
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
'The goddess did indeed destroy the Slime God.' Hilda confirmed, leaving it open as to which goddess she believed responsible. 'But now the ha'tak has been invaded through the Chappa'ai by another Goa'uld, who commands ten orak'tar, with the heads of great reptiles. It was he who sabotaged your engines.' Hilda wasn't too sure of that fact, but it didn't hurt to give the Jaffa another reason to hate them.
StarMaster
 GM, 780 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Thu 22 Jun 2017
at 16:38
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
"It is probably Chu-Lung! The Torch Dragon!" the Jaffa replies. "It is said that he breathes fire!"

"It did seem as if the ha'tak developed a problem rather quickly... and rather conveniently. Chu-Lung will take the ha'tak, the chappa'ai and the naquadah mine!"

"It is also said that he wishes to challenge Ra!"

Hilda
 SG-X1, 655 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 05:48
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
'Then he is a fool, for Ra is dead.' Hilda declared, realising  these Jaffa had been hopelessly behind on news and skald's tales of the Goa'uld. She had to wonder – how far behind? It was probably their ignorance that had helped them swallow her story of Angrboða of the Jötunn. She'd tell them no more than needed to know. That was the Jaffa way after all.

'The Torch Dragon might – but, with our goddess's wisdom, we have stolen the keys to the Chappa'ai. He and his filthy orak'tar had trapped inside the ha'tak – trapped like foxes in a snare, waiting for we hunters to slay them! she shouted, raising her ma'tok staff weapon into the air. Though they might be misled Jaffa, Hilda still relished this chance to lead a team into battle, to death and glory – death for them, glory for her.
Kaspar Radoslaw Gorski
 SG-X1, 441 posts
 Professor of Anthropology
 Major, Polish Land Forces
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 06:11
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
In reply to Hilda (msg # 958):

Kaspar opened his radio on the Team push and whispered, "If these głupek don't even know that Ra is dead, then they no nothing of the Tau'ri." he whispered in everyone's ear, "We can claim to be Jaffa soldiers too; say we are the goddesses' infiltration troops. That's why we're dressed different and why we have no markings on our foreheads; so we can easily change our appearance to infiltrate the enemies of the goddess."
Gavan
 SG-X1, 147 posts
 Tollani
 Scientist
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 21:01
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
"It might be more believable if we just claimed to be Tau'ri," Gavan replies over the radio, also in a whisper.

"They probably heard of the Tau'ri, but only as Ra's servants. Even if Ra is dead, where did his servants go? We can say that we've become Angrboda's servants. That way, there's nothing to explain."

"We still have a problem with Freyda. I can only think of claiming that she's a prisoner."

Kaspar Radoslaw Gorski
 SG-X1, 442 posts
 Professor of Anthropology
 Major, Polish Land Forces
Sun 25 Jun 2017
at 01:25
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
In reply to Gavan (msg # 960):

"Good idea, Gavin. Simpler." Kaspar whispers in response, "The story with Freyda can be that she was captured and Angrboda broke her will, and now Freyda is a trusted Tech-Slave. That can explain why she has the chair; Angrboda is confident Freyda won't run away. Freyda, can you handle that?"

"Okay, Vasandra, we'll leave it to you to pick a time to...how to put it...order the rest of your servants to gather at your feet, or something like that. And that'll be the cue for the rest of us to show ourselves and get together with you and the Jaffa. Hopefully that'll prevent us from surprising the Jaffa too much with our appearance."

Vasandra Tourmaline
 SG-X1, 182 posts
 Netjerian
 Wheelman/Pilot
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 17:04
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
"You have done well," Vasandra replies to the Jaffa.

"I will now reveal the rest of your allies. We are all one now. Do not be concerned about their appearance. They are not Jaffa, but Tau'ri, formerly Ra's servants, but now they are mine!"

"We will now join the rest of your servants, for where they keep watch is where we will enter the ha'tak."

Kaspar Radoslaw Gorski
 SG-X1, 443 posts
 Professor of Anthropology
 Major, Polish Land Forces
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 08:06
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
In reply to Vasandra Tourmaline (msg # 962):

Kaspar takes a deep breath to steady himself, then stands up from where he'd been hiding. While he keeps his Makarov in his hand, with the safety off, he keeps the barrel lowered.

With a bow towards Vasandra, Kaspar then starts making his way over to where she is.
Gavan
 SG-X1, 148 posts
 Tollani
 Scientist
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 19:14
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
At Vasandra's prompt, Gavan speaks into the radio.

"Unless Kaspar has a different idea, then Freyda and myself will have to drop behind at some point to enter the ha'tak and open the cargo door," he says.

"To keep the Jaffa guessing, I think Rajip should be the last one to show himself... and look threatening. That should make them realize that Angrboda is serious."
Hilda
 SG-X1, 657 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 13:59
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
As her team began to step out of the words, Hilda was glad to no longer be the only one talking on their behalf. Someone else could help fool these Jaffa now. She kept a closer eye on the assembled Jaffa, aware this tense moment was when trouble could break out.
Kaspar Radoslaw Gorski
 SG-X1, 445 posts
 Professor of Anthropology
 Major, Polish Land Forces
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 07:54
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
In reply to Gavan (msg # 964):

"I hope you mean that, because he's holding a weapon that's almost half as big as he is, with all those silencers and fancy electronic do-dads, that that will intimidate them." Kaspar whispers to his radio, as he starts towards Vasandra, "Because I don't think the sight of a Nepalese US Ranger is going to scare these guys the way it scares me."

"But, again, you make a valid point. Sergeant, you will come out of cover last. And, I don't know, scowl, or something. Make Gavin happy."

Rajip Mojdar
 SG-X1, 270 posts
 Human Scout
 Army Ranger SSgt
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 11:14
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
In reply to Kaspar Radoslaw Gorski (msg # 966):

"Roger that", Rajip replies as he looks, with his naked eye, at the other members of his team expose themselves. The small Nepalese Ranger continues to cover the others until it's time for him to join them. As quietly as he can, Rajip stands and walks out, making sure to make a little noise just before leaving the tree line, so as not to spook the Jaffa. Scowl at them, he says... That'll work, he thinks to himself as he steps into view holding his SR 25 MK11 sniper rifle, barrel down across his chest... and scowling.

(ooc: Dice roller still hates me. 07:10, Today: Rajip Mojdar rolled 7 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 2.  Hide., 07:10, Today: Rajip Mojdar rolled 10 using 1d20+7 with rolls of 3. Move Silently, 07:11, Today: Rajip Mojdar rolled 12 using 1d20+2 with rolls of 10.  Intimidate.)
StarMaster
 GM, 785 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 19:19
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
For a moment, at the beginning, the Jaffa are surprised at the presence of a hidden person... hidden people... and then at the strange variety of those people. Gavan, Kaspar and Rajip look fairly normal, even if they aren't dressed in normal clothing, but then, neither was Hilda or the goddess.

They look curiously at Freyda, but don't seem to recognize the Asgard.

The one that they are the most concerned about is Asherrra. Apparently, they recognize the First One. They then look suspiciously and questioningly at Vasandra, but they dare not question anything.

When Vasandra and Hilda indicate, they turn around and head to their camp.
Vasandra Tourmaline
 SG-X1, 183 posts
 Netjerian
 Wheelman/Pilot
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 19:49
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
As the goddess Angrboda, though it seems unlikely that the Jaffa have ever heard of her, she, of course, owes them no explanation. However, her people's own history indicated what could happen when left in the dark.

"The First One left the First City and fell under my influence," she told them. "Should I return her to the First City, she will be freed of that influence. The gods of the First City are potent, indeed."

"I now control when the ha'tak opens."


Should things not go as they anticipated, she did not want to cause the First Ones any difficulty with the Dragon Lords. Not that they couldn't take care of themselves, or at least the Ancient technology could.
Hilda
 SG-X1, 659 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 11:35
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
'Now, we will return to your campsite. You will break camp, then we will join your comrades at the ha'tak. We shall enter at the goddess's command. Kree!' she ordered the Jaffa, thinking she could really get used to this.

As the Jaffa formed up and marched off, Hilda took her place by Vasandra's side and whispered to the team 'This seems to be working. We're lucky Jaffa are so stupid. What more shall we tell them to do?'
StarMaster
 GM, 791 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Thu 20 Jul 2017
at 03:32
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
As the group moves off, following the Jaffa to their encampment, Freyda and Gavan fall a bit behind before finally moving off the path completely.

As a precaution, they enter the ha'tak one level above the cargo doors. Shouldn't be any reason for the Dragonlord and his minions being up there, but you never know.

After listening for a minute, they detect no one above them, and only some noise from below. Gavan guesses there are two voices from below, but the speech is incomprehensible to him. He's not even sure it is speech.

As the two of them float downward, Gavan pulls out his stunner, and as soon as two of the orak'tar come into sight, he fires at them. They are completely surprised, and are knocked out.

Now comes the dangerous part... having to watch in three directions at once while using the crystals to open the doors.

Fortunately, Freyda had already been working on the problem. She uses one crystal for power, and one crystal for control... because it's a limited power need and a simple operation.

Then they have to open the cargo hatch/door, and defend the opening until the Jaffa get aboard.


Those on the outside wait. There is some concern from the other Jaffa, but the presence of Angrboda and Hilda, not to mention the rest of the SG-X1 team.

Before much can be done, the door to the pyramid begins to open.
Kaspar Radoslaw Gorski
 SG-X1, 446 posts
 Professor of Anthropology
 Major, Polish Land Forces
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 01:06
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
In reply to StarMaster (msg # 971):

As the heavy cargo door begins to open, Kaspar takes a step out in front and raises his P90 over his head,

"For the greater Glory of Our Goddess - death to all orak'tar!"

Then Kaspar looks expectantly towards First Prime Hilda...

This message was last edited by the player at 01:07, Sun 23 July.

Hilda
 SG-X1, 660 posts
 Cimmerian Scout/Soldier
 MisSpec, SSgt (honorary)
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 02:47
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
OOC: It's a bit unclear what's happening. I take it that Gavan and Freyda phased through the wall and are now opening the door from the other side? The actual phasing wasn't mentioned.


Hilda watched the door slowly rumble open, levelling her staff weapon just in case enemies appeared within, and not Gavan and Freyda as expected. She would be glad to finally get back inside the ship, to have a pathway home and not be marooned on this alien world. She also relished the opportunity for a real battle against the Jaffa – against them, not alongside them.

'We shall advance and secure the first corridor. Kree!' she ordered the Jaffa.

'Then where, my Queen? Do we seize the pel'tak or the chappa'ai?' she asked, facing Vasandra but hoping the rest of the team would have a better idea.
StarMaster
 GM, 794 posts
 Storyteller
 License to Tamper
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 01:37
Re: X2U-238: Shot In the Dark Redux
[OOC: No, I didn't actually say 'phase', but since that was the only way they could enter the ha'tak, I thought that was self-evident.]


When the hatch opens, it is Freyda and Gavan standing there, and they quickly move down the ramp to join the rest of you... who are hopefully charging up the ramp already...