Mayhem In The Market Square.   Posted by Mysterion.Group: 0
Rukao Faestalker
 player, 21 posts
 Hobgoblin
 Hobgoblin Mercenary
Wed 16 Apr 2014
at 19:07
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
It seemed as though the thief and his companion weren't going to go down quietly. Since it seemed that without their stronger companion, the two could not free themselves-- but they had yet to give up the struggle, Rukao saw there was little else he could do.

He brought his foot up and attempted to stomp Vengo into submission rather violently. He wanted to make sure he didn't crush the man's head, but he fully intended to remind everyone just what brutality hobgoblins were capable of as well.

(OOC: Not sure what I should roll here.)
Anneth Mage-Singer
 player, 40 posts
 Human Dabbler Level 1
 HP 05; AC 05
Fri 18 Apr 2014
at 04:44
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Anneth carefully watched the scene unfold.  Her whip would be too dangerous, and possibly injure others not involved.  Still, she kept it in her left hand in case it would be needed.  Her right hand reached for her mace, a device perfect for use on horseback or on foot, and great for ruffians and righteous ones alike!

So as to really dissuade this Vengo character, the Dabbler brought her mace up in a position that said "If you slip free of the Hobgoblin, there's going to be this to deal with right afterwards.".  She shifted into a position such that she would be able to get a good pommel-whack in...
Kareth Melphis
 player, 32 posts
 Thief from Athenos
Mon 21 Apr 2014
at 21:45
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Kareth will keep most of his weight on top of Manfred and give him a rabbit punch to calm him down.  He will trust the others to deal with rolling-pin-moustache-guy.
Mysterion
 GM, 67 posts
 Storyteller
Tue 22 Apr 2014
at 03:08
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Rodrigo has no trouble hitting the cook with his pommel. It doesn't knock the cook out, but drives him back.


Rukao has no trouble stomping on Vengo, which with Anneth's threatening mace is enough to subdue him.


Talis and Kareth and Durek are able to restrain Manfred.


It was probably just a desperate effort to escape on Manfred's part that didn't quite work.
Talis Aramorn
 player, 52 posts
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 20:24
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Talis hauled Manfred to his feet and dragged him back into the taproom "OK does anyone want to explain what is going on?"

His gaze fell on the Hobgoblin "How about you?  You never seem at a loss for words.  Maybe you can shed some light on things?"
Rodrigo
 player, 70 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Wed 23 Apr 2014
at 20:36
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Rodrigo stands triumphantly and ready for trouble, yet still managing to exude an arrogant dismissal of his opponents' efforts. "Resist, and I shall thrash you a second time!" he announces with glee.
Rukao Faestalker
 player, 22 posts
 Hobgoblin
 Hobgoblin Mercenary
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 14:48
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Rukao shot a slightly annoyed look to Talis, not caring much to be seen as particularly chatty. But then, perhaps in a way it fit. In the very least, he spoke to humans a lot more than most of his kind did. before pointing down to the thief under his boot. "Well, this guy is wanted by the town guard. He's a well-known thief, likes to make a spectacle of himself. But his last job went wrong, the owner of the home got killed and now the town guard want him for questioning."

He then made a motion of his head towards the wall where the door had been, "The other guy probably worked the job with them. From the looks of him, he was the killer. But the guard don't know about him, so there's no reward for hauling him in yet."

His confident tone seemed to suggest he wasn't at all second guessing his choice to stand on his trophy rather than chase after the real killer. He drew his foot back and took a step back before adding with a suspicious grumble, "Anyway, they are wanted alive for questioning. So now the real trick is getting these guys to the guard station in one piece. I'm a little surprised they aren't fighting back more."
Talis Aramorn
 player, 53 posts
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 15:38
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Talis ignored Rukao's look of annoyance.  Elves had been annoying Hobgoblins for untold generations.  The big Elf continued  "Something went wrong on his last job you say?  Who was the victim?"

"Our fellow here" he shook Manfred until the thug's teeth rattled "planted a magical necklace on my friend and tried to frame him for the theft.  I think we can link our prizes together quite nicely with that little tidbit, don't you?"
Rodrigo
 player, 71 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Fri 25 Apr 2014
at 15:44
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
At the mention of a magical necklace, Rodrigo's eyes narrow slightly. He listens attentively, yet still remains on guard over the foe!
Durek
 player, 32 posts
 Dwarf Veteran
 AC:1 HP:11
Sat 26 Apr 2014
at 17:29
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Durek stands behind Talis arms crossed-reinforcing the elfs position.  He is also keeping on eye on things to ensure that no one try anything.
Mysterion
 GM, 69 posts
 Storyteller
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 05:24
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
There are enough people arrayed against the thieves that there shouldn't be any problem hauling them to the guards.

"It was Kolenko!" the so-far-silent third person at the table suddenly blurted out. "He hired us! We was to steal that necklace from Lawley Houghton, and frame Rain for it using some stray bum."

He casts a nervous glance at Kareth.

"You little rat!" Manfred snarls at his 'pal'. "I got connections, Gruffin! You'll get what's comin' to ya!"
Rukao Faestalker
 player, 23 posts
 Hobgoblin
 Hobgoblin Mercenary
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 17:08
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Rukao seems, perhaps surprising to those he hadn't offered to work with before, surprisingly agreeable to the offer of the elf. "Sounds fine to me." He probably knew enough not to underestimate the slipperiness of humans-- and having more hands hauling a prisoner in was better when wanted someone captured alive. Dead? Now that was another matter.

He lifted his arm towards the bench and ordered, "Okay, lets get that off of them and get them to their feet."
Rodrigo
 player, 73 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 17:28
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
With great satisfaction, Rodrigo assists in gathering and guarding the prisoners.

Given a quick moment, the elf attempts to meet Gruffin's gaze. While binding the fellow, he speaks sotto voce in his ear, "I'd like a way to contact you in future, maybe we can help each other occasionally."

Yes, every wizard needed contacts in the underworld, for 'certain types of jobs.' This would be a good start.
Kareth Melphis
 player, 34 posts
 Thief from Athenos
Mon 28 Apr 2014
at 19:17
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
"Stray...?    Bum...?" Kareth is affronted.

"So this Kolenko... have you met him yet to get your pay-out?"
Mysterion
 GM, 70 posts
 Storyteller
Thu 1 May 2014
at 21:45
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
"Um, yeah, sure. We was paid up front... as an incentive," Gruffin replied to Kareth.

The three are pulled to their feet and hands bound behind them.
Durek
 player, 34 posts
 Dwarf Veteran
 AC:1 HP:11
Sun 4 May 2014
at 07:13
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
"Here let me help with that" Durek says to Rodrigo as he moves around the back to help contain the prisoners.  "What are we to do with them?"
Anneth Mage-Singer
 player, 41 posts
 Human Dabbler Level 1
 HP 05; AC 05
Sun 4 May 2014
at 07:58
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Anneth relaxes her mace, and shakes her whip.  "If you think a leash might work, I can help with that."
Mysterion
 GM, 71 posts
 Storyteller
Tue 6 May 2014
at 01:26
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
"I see you've found the culprit," a voice from the door says, but his voice carries across the room, "as well as some allies."

He walks over to where the group has the prisoners. He's followed by four city guards that look suspiciously like the ones that chased Kareth earlier.

"Greetings," he says to everyone in general, and "M'lady," to Anneth. "I am Ember Rain. I have a task for you all, though you are free to refuse my request. I assure it pays well."

"The guards will take care of the prisoners, and you will all be compensated for your efforts, including the reward."


Ember stands just under 6 feet tall, has black hair, mustache and goatee, and bright blue eyes. He's dressed in a black and red outfit. He pauses then to await the reaction from the group.
Rodrigo
 player, 74 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Tue 6 May 2014
at 01:39
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Feeling quite pleased, Rodrigo gives his prisoner a little shove towards the guardsmen. “Constables, it is a pleasure,” he smiles at them as he relinquishes responsibility, and strides over to speak with their leader.

“Sir. I am Rodrigo de Çamora.” He inclines his head carefully to the man, not knowing his rank. “I would love to hear what you have to say, and I suspect my allies would be interested as well. Where shall we talk?”
Talis Aramorn
 player, 56 posts
Tue 6 May 2014
at 03:08
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Talis looked pleased "Thank the Spheres!  Master Rain, it seems that this Necklace Fiasco runs far deeper than a mere case of mistaken identity and petty theft.

The big Elf adjusted his bulky plate armor which had been fairly well tussled after the earlier donnybrook.  "Would you like for me to procure a private room here or shall we retire to your home?"
Rukao Faestalker
 player, 24 posts
 Hobgoblin
 Hobgoblin Mercenary
Tue 6 May 2014
at 21:11
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Rukao seems only half-relieved to have the guards show up in such a convenient fashion. But then, this is a magic town. As he understood it, mages could use magic to just spy on the criminals and summon them magically directly into a prison if they felt like it-- had there even been much of a point of issuing the bounties?

Rather than speak his true thoughts he simply remarked gruffly, "Disappointing. The march back to the guard post was precisely why I chose to gather allies in the first place. Guess I didn't much need them."
Talis Aramorn
 player, 57 posts
Tue 6 May 2014
at 22:17
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
In reply to Rukao Faestalker (msg # 189):

Talis turned to the big Hobgoblin and flashed a grin "Ahhh, but you will, my feral friend.  The tasks given by Ember Rain can be as dangerous as they are rewarding.  Allies brave and true can be the difference between life and death on such quests."
Durek
 player, 35 posts
 Dwarf Veteran
 AC:1 HP:11
Wed 7 May 2014
at 03:28
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
"I'm with Talis.  Where he goes I go.  Count me in."  Durek responds after he releases the prisoners.
Anneth Mage-Singer
 player, 42 posts
 Human Dabbler Level 1
 HP 05; AC 05
Wed 7 May 2014
at 06:38
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
Anneth only nods at Ember Rain, and replaces her weaponry.  She waits patiently for things to continue, although she does seem interested in finding fortune.  Tangible, possibly clinky fortune.
Mysterion
 GM, 72 posts
 Storyteller
Thu 8 May 2014
at 22:51
Re: Mayhem In The Market Square
"I think my own chambers will be a bit more private than any room here," he replies to the group. "Not that I cast any aspersions on this fine establishment, but the walls have ears and eyes, thanks to magic."

"Adventure I can promise you, and at least some fortune. Danger is most assured, as well."

"Now, if you are interest, please follow me to my house. All will be explained."



As the prisoners are led away, Ember leads the group out of the Barrel of Monkeys and down the city streets of Glantri to his house.


OOC: To be continued in House of Rain.