House of Rain.   Posted by Mysterion.Group: 0
Aaron Gray
 player, 16 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Sat 25 Oct 2014
at 10:00
Re: House of Rain
"I'd prefer getting rid of Hobgoblins than chasing mystical ships," grimaced Aaron. "So tell me what's so special about this ship. There must be more to the story than that."
Elwood
 player, 28 posts
 Paladin 1
 On a mission from God
Sat 25 Oct 2014
at 13:19
Re: House of Rain
Scratching his stubbly chin, Elwood sighs.  "The flying ship is grounded up in the hills.  The merchant inherited it.  Other than that, I can't say much about it.  Personally, I'm not so interested in the ship.  The wizard that went missing is likely in danger and in need of rescue.  And I wouldn't mind bashing a few hobgoblin marauders, either.  Should be plenty for all of us on this little trip.

"I'm ready to saddle up if you are."


OOC: note that Elwood does not yet have a horse.  Need to remedy that soon...
Tom Wolf
 player, 21 posts
 Human Fighter
Sat 25 Oct 2014
at 17:11
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Elwood (msg # 186):

While I am eager to hit the road again, a good night's rest and some stocking up on provisions for this journey would be a wise idea.
Anneth Mage-Singer
 player, 75 posts
 Human Dabbler Level 1
 HP 05; AC 05
Sun 26 Oct 2014
at 01:12
Re: House of Rain
Anneth nods at Tom, grunting her agreement.  "I'm as interested in the ship as in thinning bandit numbers."
Aaron Gray
 player, 17 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Sun 26 Oct 2014
at 10:01
Re: House of Rain
"Well, I'm in if it means that we'll get a chance at those hobgoblins," muttered Aaron.

OOC: BTW, what is the time of day?
Elwood
 player, 29 posts
 Paladin 1
 On a mission from God
Sun 26 Oct 2014
at 13:36
Re: House of Rain
OOC: Good question, Aaron.  If it's already afternoon/evening, definitely spend the night and set out in the morning.  It might give Anneth a chance to introduce the rest of her party who are hanging out pretending not to be part of the party.
Tom Wolf
 player, 22 posts
 Human Fighter
Wed 29 Oct 2014
at 14:13
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Elwood (msg # 190):

OOC Mental Note:  Tom would need to get a horse as the others have horses from earlier in the adventure.
Mysterion
 GM, 121 posts
 Storyteller
Fri 31 Oct 2014
at 03:35
Re: House of Rain
Anneth, Kareth, Rodrigo and Talis arrived in Haggiskott riding horses. Geirdon and Durek rode in the small wagon pulled by a donkey, and Rukao walked alongside most of the time.

The major difference between walking and riding a horse is that the horse gets tired instead of you, plus it can carry supplies. Otherwise, the horse travels at about the same rate as a person can walk. It's why you can walk a horse.

Going up the trail will probably be fine for the horses, but the wagon isn't going to make it. That leaves the two Dwarves on foot along with Rukao.

Getting extra horses in Haggiskott may not be possible simple because there are no extra horses.

The time is now early evening. The sun has gone down, but it isn't quite dark yet.

Two rooms have already been procured.

It doesn't look like it'll rain, so the two Dwarves are content to sleep in the wagon, perhaps Rukao as well.
Aaron Gray
 player, 18 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Fri 31 Oct 2014
at 10:35
Re: House of Rain
"Well, friends, it doesn't look like we can do anything about either those hobgoblins or that ship 'til the morning", said Aaron with resignation, "and I certainly would look forward to a night with a dry roof over my head."

"Elwood, you have seen these rooms. Is it better to stay here or sleep under the stars?" he asked. "We might as well share a room if we stay."
Elwood
 player, 31 posts
 Paladin 1
 On a mission from God
Fri 31 Oct 2014
at 12:13
Re: House of Rain
"I've slept in worse.  Let's get a room here.  Nothing wrong with sleeping under the stars, but a comfy bed ain't nothing to turn down lightly."
Rodrigo
 player, 128 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Fri 31 Oct 2014
at 18:37
Re: House of Rain
"Let us get a room." says Rodrigo. "We can spare a few coins for that surely?" At least, Rodrigo knew he certainly could. In fact, he was considering getting his own private room. All the better to get away from the snoring Mensch...
Aaron Gray
 player, 20 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Sun 2 Nov 2014
at 10:49
Re: House of Rain
"Good, I will get us a room and then you can introduce us to our new comrades," replied Aaron before heading over to the proprietor to organise the room.
Tom Wolf
 player, 23 posts
 Human Fighter
Sun 2 Nov 2014
at 20:22
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Aaron Gray (msg # 196):

Inquires of Barton: "Is there a shop or shops where some basic supplies could be purchased."
Durek
 player, 54 posts
 Dwarf Veteran
 AC:1 HP:11
Mon 3 Nov 2014
at 18:19
Re: House of Rain
Durek has been sitting quiet most of the time stuff was going on in the inn, so he's picked up on everyone's name.

He makes the introductions, pointing out that the two groups--the Elwood-Aaron-Tom group and the Anneth-Kareth-Talis-Rodrigo-Durek-Geirdon-Rukao group--seem to have a common interest now.

"Rukao is a hobgoblin, but he's the good kind," Durek explains. "He's outside watching our wagon full of supplies. If you didn't see him when you came in, it's because he's that good."

"However, you might have noticed another Dwarf in here a minute ago. That's Geirdon. He and I are going to sleep in the wagon to guard it. 'Spect Rukao will, too."

"Anyways, you don't need to get any supplies unless you got somethin' extra you want."

"See ya all in the morning."

Mysterion
 GM, 123 posts
 Storyteller
Mon 3 Nov 2014
at 18:33
Re: House of Rain
The general outfitter shop is just three stores down from the inn.

The ogre is picked up by the sheriff and hauled off.

Other than that, the night passes uneventfully, and everyone is up at first light. When you get outside, you can grab whatever supplies you need from the wagon... backpack, tent, bedroll, rations, etc.
Rodrigo
 player, 132 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Tue 4 Nov 2014
at 19:58
Re: House of Rain
Rodrigo carefully packs two week's worth of rations, a bedroll and the rest of his equipment into a backpack, and then hefts it onto his back. The petite elf can hardly walk with it on. "Maybe I can survive with a few less rations," he mumbles.
Tom Wolf
 player, 24 posts
 Human Fighter
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 03:20
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Mysterion (msg # 199):

Grabs a week's worth of rations, bedroll, and a tent (if small enough to carry).
Aaron Gray
 player, 23 posts
 Human
 Fighter
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 10:12
Re: House of Rain
Aaron greets Tom and Rodigo with a "Morning."

Then he packs the gear that he had brought with him and wanders down stairs to see if there is any hearty breakfast available or if he will eat some of his rations. Then he heads out to help prepare the horses for the journey.
Anneth Mage-Singer
 player, 76 posts
 Human Dabbler Level 1
 HP 05; AC 05
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 10:34
Re: House of Rain
Two daggers are bought by Anneth.  They are regular devices of war, of Human make.  Each is strapped to a harness worn beneath the open skirt of her armour, for throwing at Things That Would Not Behave Themselves when her bow was too unwieldy, not timely enough, or inaccessible!  See "not timely enough".

Sometime before departing, Anneth retreats to a place away from others, and takes a beautiful wooden case out of a large pouch at her belt, lined and padded on the inside with silk.  And rubbed with powdered incense.  A cloth is laid out in front of herself, about a foot and a half by a foot and a half.  She then takes a deck of cards kept inside of it out, and shuffles them, eyes closed, her face calmer than it has been the past few days, almost serene.  She draws three cards at random, and lays them out in front of herself, face-down... She opens her eyes, and turns them over.  Reads them...checks her spell book (such as it is) for reference, just to be sure...

It was a quick, personal reading that she was doing - one card for the Past, one card for the Present, and one card for the Future.  The cards, also being of Human make, had, well, Human influences to them!  The first card was of a woman pouring water into a wine bottle; the second, a woman pointing to a Star in the sky; the third, seven cups.  The first card was reversed, but the second and third were upright.

Wow.  Adjusted my finances for all the drink I've bought, and tips, and what.  Buying two daggers...

And doing a personal Past-Present-Future reading for our Miss Mage-Singer!

Elwood
 player, 34 posts
 Paladin 1
 On a mission from God
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 12:23
Re: House of Rain
Before turning in for the night, Elwood takes advantage of the inn's bath house and also washes his tabbard,hanging it to dry by morning.

When he wakes, he spends a few moments in prayer and contemplation.  Exercise follows, then he checks his gear.  The last thing he does is to re-tie his lariat and fasten the coil of rope to his belt opposite his flail.

He greets his companions old and new and is ready to go.
Tom Wolf
 player, 25 posts
 Human Fighter
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 13:08
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Elwood (msg # 204):

Good morning everyone Tom says in cheerful spirits as he checks his pack to make sure everything is good to go and fits properly.

Makes sure I have my rope back that was used to tie the ogre up.

Does anyone have a 10' pole.  You never know when it might come in handy.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:32, Wed 05 Nov 2014.

Talis Aramorn
 player, 90 posts
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 16:40
Re: House of Rain
"Greetings!  I trust Anneth and Rodrigo's judgement that you will make fine adventuring companions.  I am Talis, an Elf of no small skill with sword and spell!" Talis said more as a statement of fact than an idle boast.

"I do not have a 10' pole, good Wolf, but I do have a 6'sword that I place at your service!" the heavily armored Elf drew forth his antique battle blade and presented it to Tom with a rakish flourish.  With equal panache he re-sheathed the big blade and smiled at his new companions "The road beckons.  Let us be off for the bad guys will surely not slay themselves!"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:44, Wed 05 Nov 2014.

Tom Wolf
 player, 26 posts
 Human Fighter
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 17:35
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Talis Aramorn (msg # 206):

Swords are good weapons, but they can't do everything.  So sometimes different tools are needed. 
Rodrigo
 player, 133 posts
 Elf of Belcadiz
 black leathers, sword
Wed 5 Nov 2014
at 19:44
Re: House of Rain
"Welcome Talis," says Rodrigo. "We would be happy to have an extra sword arm and maybe also a spell or two."
Tom Wolf
 player, 27 posts
 Human Fighter
Sat 8 Nov 2014
at 23:48
Re: House of Rain
In reply to Rodrigo (msg # 208):

Grabs a 10' pole.  (if possible)

I'm ready to get going.  I'll take rear guard.