Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex.   Posted by The Runelord.Group: 0
Martak
 player, 100 posts
 P=8, T=5, W=0 , B=1
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 04:12
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Martak carefully lays Kelar down, and hopes that the old man will wake up soon.  They needed him on his feet to help figure out what exactly was going on down here.

Martak looks around the dark cathedral and shakes his head, "Ain't no place I'd like to settle in, that's for sure."  He stands next to the unconscious man, standing guard over the prone form.
The Runelord
 GM, 377 posts
 Mysteries
 must be solved...
Tue 18 Nov 2014
at 22:20
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Both Cyrus and Hywel have notions of what this foul pool does...
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 169 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Wed 19 Nov 2014
at 00:11
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex


Cyrus wandered around the large pool and then made his way up to the pulpit. "I think we have found where those sinspawn, er, spawned from."
Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 187 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 04:15
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

"Aye," offers Hywel in agreement, wandering around the other side of the pool, "Is a thing best destroyed...but carefully...  Any thoughts?"
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 170 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 11:45
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
"'It' is actually both these pools. Besides depleting it of all its energy by bleeding into it and clogging it with sinspawn, I'm not sure." Cyrus knelt down  next to the triangular pool and studied it more closely.

19:45, Today: Cyrus Weaver rolled 3,2 using 1d6,1d8, rerolling max with rolls of 3,2. Get a clue.
Nope, not a clue.

Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 188 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Thu 20 Nov 2014
at 17:28
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

"That sound's like an extraordinarily bad idea," returns the wizard as he looks over the pulpit now, "So I will assume you didn't mean it...  If you did, well, we'll just save that plan for last."

12:23, Today: Hywel of Clan Silverscroll rolled 4,5 using d6,d6, rerolling max with rolls of 4,5. Arcane Knowledge.
Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 189 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 19:06
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

Its a long while.  Coupled with much thoughtful beard tugging.  "Damn...," muttered Hywel finally, "I hate to admit it....  but, as I cannot think of any better fashion to accomplish it....  Perhaps your plan is the only plan, Cyrus...  Was it a jest?  Have you thought of aught else?"
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 171 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 19:47
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
"I never jest," Cyrus said, paused, and then winked. "Unless that was a jest."

The witch stood up and scratched his head. "Draining the pool of its power is an option, but we are not in a condition to fight more sinspawn." He looked over to Kelar. "As you said, an option if we hadn't thought of anything else. And I haven't thought of anything else."
Martak
 player, 101 posts
 P=8, T=5, W=0 , B=1
Fri 21 Nov 2014
at 20:36
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
"Don't reckon we can throw anything in there to keep the magics from workin', can we?"  Martak is obviously beyond his death of understanding in this realm.
Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 190 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Sat 22 Nov 2014
at 02:36
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

Hywel shook his head at the thought reluctantly, "Nothing that I know of...."  The dwarf scuffed a boot at the stone floor, "I agree that we are in no position to take on this task now...  Rubble and scree.  We need to get Kelar out, but we also need to finish our search.  And I am loathe to leave this place unguarded...  Should we send someone out with Kelar?  Perhaps they could take a message to the sage or Father Zantus?  Someone may know more about this."
Martak
 player, 102 posts
 P=8, T=5, W=0 , B=1
Sat 22 Nov 2014
at 03:11
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Martak shrugs his large shoulders.  "I figure I could carry Kelar out.  Bein' old, he ain't that heavy and I could get him help and go see the Father."

"If'n one of you wants to do the writin', I'll be glad to doin' the carryin'.  'Cause carryin' is easy."


He looks at the others to see if they agree with the plan.
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 172 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Sat 22 Nov 2014
at 03:23
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Cyrus sighed. "I don't like the idea of splitting up. Let's just sweep the area as best we can--make sure there are no other back doors to this place. And lock the doors we find."
Jereth
 player, 144 posts
 I'm Your Huckleberry.
 P:7 T:5 W:3 B:5
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 01:55
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Jereth was still dazed and confused. He staggered close to his friends just in time to hear abou some magic thing, a pool, and closing something. He pulled his new sword "Do you think this could help anyway?"
Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 192 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Sun 23 Nov 2014
at 04:50
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

"Not at the moment, no," answered the wizard while considering the issue, "Well, seems we agree that continuing the search is best, but disagree on whether to carry out Kelar or carry him with us.   I cannot carry him, so the choice goes to Martak or Jereth.  Carry him as we search or carry him out?"
Martak
 player, 103 posts
 P=8, T=5, W=0 , B=1
Mon 24 Nov 2014
at 00:20
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
"Well, if it's up to me, I'm thinkin' I'd like to stay with you fellas.  I can carry the old guy 'round just fine, if he doesn't mind me droppin' him if things get a little hairy."  Martak offers his opinion.
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 173 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Mon 24 Nov 2014
at 06:13
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Cyrus chuckled. "I don't think he'd mind. Or rather, when he asked how he got the lump on his noggin' we'll all just shrug and say, 'I dunno.'" He brushed his hands together. "That's decided. Now which way?"

Seriously. Which way? Can we get a map?
The Runelord
 GM, 381 posts
 Mysteries
 must be solved...
Tue 25 Nov 2014
at 01:38
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
If you want to leave, you can simply back-track at this point. Are you headed back to town?
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 174 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Tue 25 Nov 2014
at 01:46
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
You mean we have explored every single nook and crack in this entire complex?
Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 194 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Tue 25 Nov 2014
at 01:58
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

Hywel nodded his agreement as well, motioning back towards the entryway with a handaxe, "That way...  Then to the..."  He then begins to offer a direction to complete the search...
The Runelord
 GM, 382 posts
 Mysteries
 must be solved...
Tue 25 Nov 2014
at 22:31
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Cyrus Weaver:
You mean we have explored every single nook and crack in this entire complex?


The party has exhaustively searched the complex.
Jereth
 player, 146 posts
 I'm Your Huckleberry.
 P:7 T:5 W:3 B:5
Wed 26 Nov 2014
at 20:38
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
"Well...I believe it's back to town then. This way we can see if we can get Kelar some aid. Also, we should inform someone about all this things happening just under us all this time."
With that said, Jereth starts his way back. Slowly, waiting for anyone to join.
Cyrus Weaver
 player, 175 posts
 P:6 T:6(1) W:1 B:0
 PP: 5/15
Wed 26 Nov 2014
at 22:20
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
"Agreed," Cyrus sighed. He tapped his staff on the floor and followed Jereth.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:23, Wed 26 Nov 2014.

Hywel of Clan Silverscroll
 player, 195 posts
 Dwarven Journeymage
 P:5 T:6(1) W:-- B:6 PP:7
Thu 27 Nov 2014
at 01:19
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex

Hywel finished environmental last few notes about the complex, "Hmm?  Go?"  He glanced back, obviously not wanting to just leave the place unwatched.  He was, however, more unwilling to stand that guard alone.  Rolling his parchment, the wizard followed after the others.
Martak
 player, 104 posts
 P=8, T=5, W=0 , B=1
Thu 27 Nov 2014
at 05:34
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
Shrugging his shoulders, Martak bends over and picks up Kelar, carrying him over one shoulder.  "Glad he ain't bigger," he murmurs to himself, as he carries the old man on his left side, his right hand holding his great axe.
The Runelord
 GM, 390 posts
 Mysteries
 must be solved...
Thu 4 Dec 2014
at 14:09
Re: Chapter 3c: Searching the Complex
The party heads back through these catacombs to the surface. They find that Ameiko has kept her brother bound and gagged, though he is still unconscious, and she is eager to head back into town and explain to everyone there what is going on.

Continued in link to a message in this game