The River Severn.   Posted by Swimdoll.Group: 0
Swimdoll
 GM, 83 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Tue 14 Sep 2004
at 00:08
The River Severn
The general mirth of the moment was suddenly interupted.

  A fountain of water gysered up from behind Calis from where he stood.  The ministrel spun around in suprise as a roar reverberated off the river's banks.  A great olive green hand cut the air above his head with sharp, black talons.

   Calis looked up at the wiry green giant that towered above him.  It had stringy black hair, eyes that glittered with without feeling, and a gaping maw filled with sharp, pointed teeth, he looked upon the frightful visage of a Scrag!

   Above Calis on the bank stood Father Rys and Chrissa, with Colm and Sir Pedivere rushing up from the background.

OODM  I will put a map together for you and place it at the yahoo group site, second, I cannot believe I rolled a 1 on the scrag's attack!
Sir Pedivere
 player, 32 posts
 A brash young knight
 Love, honour and glory
Tue 14 Sep 2004
at 00:19
Re: The River Severn
Pedivere looks on with a gentle smile on his face as his friend cavorts in the water.  In an instant, the smile drops and is replaced with fear for his companion.

Initiative = 18
Calis
 player, 28 posts
 A wandering minstrel,
 slight and dark haired
Tue 14 Sep 2004
at 00:27
Re: The River Severn
Calis gasped and stared up at the green scrag before muttering an oath under his breath.

Ini: 17 + 5 = 22.
Father Rys
 player, 14 posts
Tue 14 Sep 2004
at 10:04
Re: The River Severn
Roll: 19 + 0 = 19

Lays a glowing hand on Sir Pedivere.

May the Lord God strengthen your arm Sir Knight

Sir Pedivere feels stronger.

Rys draws his mace
Swimdoll
 GM, 85 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Wed 15 Sep 2004
at 16:32
Fighting a Troll
OODM

Initiatives:  Calis
              Rys
              Sir Pedivere
              Colm
              Scrag
              Chrissa


     I have an action for Father Rys, but Calis is first to act, I'm assuming that Rys will bestow his blessing upon Sir Pedivere by advancing upon him by either delaying his action until Pedivere moves forward or rushing to him and meeting him halfway?  Let me know! :)
Calis
 player, 30 posts
 A wandering minstrel,
 slight and dark haired
Wed 15 Sep 2004
at 22:39
Re: Fighting a Troll
Seeing the green beastie Calis swallowed his fear, smirked at the near miss, and then dived into the water while swimming towards shore to escape the troll and to return to the riverbank since his supplies and other items were left there.


Player OOC: How deep is the river?

This message was last edited by the player at 22:42, Wed 15 Sept 2004.

Swimdoll
 GM, 86 posts
 A DM for the first time,
 bear with me!
Thu 16 Sep 2004
at 02:39
Re: Fighting a Troll
OOC  Calis is in about 1.2 metres of water, not too deep, he can still touch the bottom and have his head and shoulders above quite easily. :)
Sir Pedivere
 player, 34 posts
 A brash young knight
 Love, honour and glory
Thu 16 Sep 2004
at 04:25
Re: Fighting a Troll
just an ooc - can the combat maps be a little less colour intensive and maybe easier to read.  Having a map grid would also help for tactical movement.

If you want a decent grid based map system, look to www.dungeoncrafter.com which is free to download.  It's not bad at all.

cheers
Father Rys
 player, 15 posts
Thu 16 Sep 2004
at 10:40
Re: Fighting a Troll
Swimdoll:
I have an action for Father Rys, but Calis is first to act, I'm assuming that Rys will bestow his blessing upon Sir Pedivere by advancing upon him by either delaying his action until Pedivere moves forward or rushing to him and meeting him halfway?


Fr. Rys walks up to Sir Pedivere

May the Lord God strengthen your arm Sir Knight
Sir Pedivere
 player, 35 posts
 A brash young knight
 Love, honour and glory
Thu 16 Sep 2004
at 14:23
Re: Fighting a Troll
ooc, I assume that Father Rys is casting a Bulls Strength?  I need to know so that when I use DR, I can take any mods into consideration.  I need to also know, from Swimdoll, whether the bank of the river gently rolls into the water or whether there is a drop.  Also, am I mounted or not?  I would assume so, but don't like assumptions... (they are the mother of all F'ups after all).

Also, as the map is difficult to read.  How far away from a) The River, b) Calis, c) The Scrag am I?

And Scrags are dragons right Swimdoll?  :D :D

I think that's all I need to know.
Father Rys
 player, 16 posts
Thu 16 Sep 2004
at 18:03
Re: Fighting a Troll
Sir Pedivere:
ooc, I assume that Father Rys is casting a Bulls Strength?

OOC: You assume correctly