The Game Begins...   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Survivor
 player, 64 posts
 Crusader/Favored Soul
 Stoneblessed
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 05:19
Re: The Game Begins...
The creatures attempt to take Survivor to the ground again, but his stance is solid. He is confident in his ability to withstand the assault, but he begins to wonder about the others as he sees the endless resolve in the undead creatures' eyes. This has to end quickly. With a roar, he lifts the large hammer overhead and brings it crashing down straight on top of the wight in front of him. His muscles tensed with divine energy as the Dwarven blessing ran through his body.


OOC: The following is intended to be directed toward the wight in front of Survivor. Since Urim's initiative probably has priority, if he does something to finish off the wight before the attack, just shift the target with the following priority: Ranthyr's wight > Kivar's wight > Ranthyr's lesser undead wolves > Kivar's lesser undead wolf > Survivor's lesser undead wolf

25 vs DC 12 Trip Resist

30 vs DC 14 Fortitude Save

maintaining "Iron Guard's Glare" stance: threatened enemeies take -4 to hit allies

29 to attack wight wolf with Foehammer Strike: If attack hits, wight takes 34 damage and attack bypasses all DR and hardness

01:00, Today: Survivor rolled 25 using 1d20+8. STR vs Opposed Trip Attempt.

01:01, Today: Survivor rolled 30 using 1d20+10. Fort > DC 14.
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included in roll)

01:05, Today: Survivor rolled 29 using 1d20+11. FH > Wight Wolf.
+1 Furious Counterstrike (included)
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included)
+3 Inspire Courage (included)
-4 Stone Power (included)

01:07, Today: Survivor rolled 26 using 6d4+11. weapon damage (if hit).
+1 Furious Counterstrike (included)
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included)
+3 Inspire Courage (included)

01:08, Today: Survivor rolled 8 using 2d4+4. Foehammer damage.

Urim Rulyth
 player, 50 posts
 Kolbold Adept/Totemist
 46/66
Thu 24 Jul 2014
at 08:24
Re: The Game Begins...
Urim grimaced at the fleeing undead; perhaps thinning the numbers would improve their odds of winning, but Urim felt the fight had been going their way and disliked any of the monsters escaping. Too late to do anything about it now, but he'd try to remember to bring it up with Kivar later.

Deciding the flames were doing their job well enough, Urim turned to breath on Survivor's share of the undead; they seemed mostly undone already, and the faster they were dealt with the faster the huge man could assist the others.

15 foot cone: DC 19 reflex for half, 12 fire damage,

01:23, Today: Urim Rulyth rolled 12 using 3d4+6. fire.

Kivar von Fabius
 player, 67 posts
 Human Cleric/Warblade
 75/75 HP
Mon 28 Jul 2014
at 12:45
Re: The Game Begins...
Though Kivar had failed to repel all of the undead, he had repelled some of them, albeit not the most threatening of the lot. Fickle or not, his deity's aid was appreciated still. Unfortunately, the motions required to invoke Boccob's glory were ones ill-suited to a brawl, a fact both a wight and a zombie wolf capitalized on. Once again he was unprepared when a zombie wolf sank its teeth into the hamstring of his left leg, which dropped him to a knee, while its partner wight tore into his forearm on the opposite side. Considering the wight had targeted his throat, he'd definitely come out ahead despite the foul energy that seeped into his wounds from the wight's fangs. Mercifully, he remained as resilient as ever as he slammed the wight's head into the ground violently to encourage it to release its hold, then slung its body into the zombie wolf that had taken him down. With the brief reprieve, he climbed to his feet quickly once more.

Kivar had tried to resolve things quickly, efficiently, but the situation had moved past that. It was steel that would settle this conflict. With that in he shifted into an aggressive stance that was fast becoming the norm then brandished Pavana at the wight that had attacked him. If the wight didn't understand what the gesture meant, it was made was clear almost immediately thereafter when he thrust Pavana toward the wight's skull, which he sought to cleave in twain seemingly. Fluidly, effortlessly, he then twisted Pavana 90 degrees while it still rested in the wight's skull such that its blade faced the wight that assaulted Survivor before it cleaved through the initial wight's skull and arced toward the skull of Survivor's wight. Should Pavana find home in the second wight's skull, Kivar would pin the vile beast to the ground immediately to force it to make a most grisly effort to free itself.



Hit Points: 62/75   Subdual: 0/62
Fort: +8   Ref: +4   Will: +10
*+1 to next saving throw
*+3 Will SVS Fear
AC: 14 (Touch: 9, Flat: 14)

Action Summary:
01. [Free] Initiate Punishing Stance
02. [Stan] Initiate Steel Wind targeting Kivar and Survivor's wights. If either dies before Kivar's action, then Ranthy's wight will be targeted in its place.
03. [Move] Stand up…again…. :)
04. [Note] Kivar will spend Wall of Blades on the next successful wight attack against him.
05. [Note] Kivar will spend any AoOs on trip attempts with Pavana. Priority goes to the Wights. Attackers on Ranthyr are prioritized highest, then Survivor, then Kivar.

Spells Active:
01. Prayer [Self & Allies: +1 Attack, Weapon damage, Saves, Skill checks. Enemies: -1 Attack, Weapon damage, Saves, Skill checks; 3 rounds remaining]
02. Tyche's Touch [+1 to next Save]
03. Bardic Music [+3 Attack, Damage, Will saves versus Fear; Singing still]

07:38, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 18 using 1d20+12. Fort SVS Negative level (DC14).
07:39, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 5 using 1d20+2. Trip check (DC13).
08:37, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 27,17 using d20+12,d20+12. Steel Wind attack (Kivar wight/Second wight).
08:39, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 14,16 using 3d4+9,3d4+9. Damage.

Storyteller
 GM, 80 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Wed 30 Jul 2014
at 14:16
Re: The Game Begins...
Urim releases more flames upon the wolf foes, burning them horribly.  Survivor's greathammer comes down upon his wight wolf with the thunder of a mountain, crushing it entirely.  There remains but the wights on both Kivar and Ranthyr, and three zombie wolves on them.  Kivar wields his glaive with great speed, striking his wight true, though his attack on Ranthyr's wight just barely misses.  Kivar's wight's eyes go dark, its body crumbling to the ground.

The remaining wight wolf snaps at his meal, desiring fresh meat.  It strikes true, tearing into the flesh of the robed caster.  Its adjacent zombies lunge forward as well, sinking their teeth to feast upon Ranthyr.  The remaining zombie wolf on Kivar almost strikes him, but his prepared defense brings his blade to block its attack.  The bards music begins to fade, though lingers still as his form goes still.

Ranthyr takes 20 points of damage.
Urim Rulyth
 player, 54 posts
 Kolbold Adept/Totemist
 46/66
Fri 1 Aug 2014
at 21:17
Re: The Game Begins...
Two wights were down; Urim's had fled and only now only Ranthyr's remained, taking a lethal chunk out of the aforementioned companion. The kobold growled and leaped to stand over his fallen companion and breath right in the wight's face. It was unfortunate, but Urim possessed no healing capacity; rarely was the opportunity given in battle.

15 foot cone, DC 19 reflex for half, 13 fire damage
13:40, Today: Urim Rulyth rolled 13 using 3d4+6. burn baby burn.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:19, Mon 04 Aug 2014.

Kivar von Fabius
 player, 71 posts
 Human Cleric/Warblade
 75/75 HP
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 02:50
Re: The Game Begins...
It was clear to Kivar that Ranthyr wouldn't survive another assault from their undead foes. By the sudden focus of his opponents, they had realized such a fact as well. While a warrior's death was the best anyone could hope for in his mind, there was little honor to be had in falling victim to a random pack of undead abominations. If any tales were told or songs sang, they wouldn't be the flattering kind. No, they would surely be the derisive sort. Thus, he used what power he had to attempt to spare Ranthyr such a humiliating fate. "Cover me!" was all he said as he knelt over Ranthyr's prone form then invoked a blessing from Boccob. With both hands on Ranthyr's torso, he sent amethyst light flowing from his body into his fallen comrade's. From the ragged breaths his fellow Human took, he wasn't a moment too soon.



Hit Points: 62/75   Subdual: 0/62
Fort: +8   Ref: +4   Will: +10
*+1 to next saving throw
*+3 Will SVS Fear
AC: 14 (Touch: 9, Flat: 14)

Action Summary:
01. [Stan] Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Ranthyr spontaneously sacrificing Restoration, lesser.
02. [Note] Kivar will spend any AoOs on trip attempts with Pavana. Priority goes to the Wights. Attackers on Ranthyr are prioritized highest, then Survivor, then Kivar.

Spells Active:
01. Prayer [Self & Allies: +1 Attack, Weapon damage, Saves, Skill checks. Enemies: -1 Attack, Weapon damage, Saves, Skill checks; 2 rounds remaining]
02. Tyche's Touch [+1 to next Save]
03. Bardic Music [+3 Attack, Damage, Will saves versus Fear; 5 rounds remaining]
04. Punishing Stance [+1d4+2 Damage, -2 AC]


22:45, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 19 using 4d4+5. Cure Moderate Wounds @ Ranthyr.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:38, Mon 04 Aug 2014.

Survivor
 player, 69 posts
 Crusader/Favored Soul
 Stoneblessed
Mon 4 Aug 2014
at 04:22
Re: The Game Begins...
Seeing the robed man fall as well, Survivor was already set into motion to place himself in a defensive position when Kivar made his way over towards Ranthyr. He took a brief glance back to make sure he wouldn't accidentally strike either of them as he prepared to swing his hammer. As he attempted to plant his feet and bring the weapon forward, he could feel the hammer's course begin to falter. He knew it wasn't his best attack, but what he lacked in aim he made up for in the force behind it. He only hoped it would connect. Either way, those wolves would have to go through him before he allowed them to take a life.


moving to stand between Kivar & Ranthyr and the wolves

maintaining "Iron Guard's Glare" stance: threatened enemeies take -4 to hit allies

16 to attack wight wolf with Mountain Hammer Strike: If attack hits, wight takes 37 damage and attack bypasses all DR and hardness

25 Attack of Opportunity for 29 damage if one of the wolves' movement provokes it

00:08, Today: Survivor rolled 16 using 1d20+14. MH > Wight Wolf.
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included)
+3 Inspire Courage (included)

00:11, Today: Survivor rolled 29 using 6d4+10. weapon damage (if hit).
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included)
+3 Inspire Courage (included)

00:12, Today: Survivor rolled 8 using 2d4+4. MH daage (if hit).

00:20, Today: Survivor rolled 25 using 1d20+14. attack of opportunity (if provoked).
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included)
+3 Inspire Courage (included)

00:20, Today: Survivor rolled 29 using 6d4+10. AoO damage (if hit).
+1 Kivar's Prayer (included)
+3 Inspire Courage (included)

Storyteller
 GM, 83 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Wed 6 Aug 2014
at 14:49
Re: The Game Begins...
Ranthyr's eyes open as the healing energy courses through his body.  A quick glance tells him all he needs to know, as he tumbles to the opposite side of the group, he shouts, a small ball of yellowish energy floats over the group as Urim unleashes his flames upon the wight and zombies.  Between the flaming breath and the orb which detonates with a roar, the only survivor is the Wight, greatly injured, it snarls in defiance, the hatred of life seen in its eyes.  It snaps at Survivor, but fails to connect.  Survivor swings his great-hammer, but narrowly misses the Wight.

Just one injured Wight left till the battle is over.
Kivar von Fabius
 player, 72 posts
 Human Cleric/Warblade
 62/75 HP
Thu 7 Aug 2014
at 02:59
Re: The Game Begins...
With Ranthyr stable for the time, Kivar moved to finish the conflict which had already dragged on too long and exhausted more resources than he liked. There was little more than the faintest glimmers of silver before Pavana swept toward the wight wolf in a wide arc. Unlike most of his attacks, this particular strike wasn't meant to slay instantly. No, it attempted to disable the wight wolf by amputating savagely its forelegs just above the elbows. Before the wolf could even hit the ground; however, Kivar twirled once as he held Pavana overhead then thrust her downward through the wight wolf's skull and into the forest bed violently having returned to his feet in the mere moment he required to dismember the wight wolf earlier. If the foul magic that had violated the wolf's corpse was no more, his attention would shift to Urim almost immediately. "It seems that your flames are neverending. Do you mind burning the corpses to ensure there isn't a repeat performance?"



Hit Points: 62/75   Subdual: 0/62
Fort: +8   Ref: +4   Will: +10
*+1 to next saving throw
*+3 Will SVS Fear
AC: 10 (Touch: 5, Flat: 10)

Action Summary:
01. [Stan] Attack wight wolf with Rabid Wolf Strike [-4 AC, +4 Attack, +2d4+4 Damage]

Spells Active:
01. Prayer [Self & Allies: +1 Attack, Weapon damage, Saves, Skill checks. Enemies: -1 Attack, Weapon damage, Saves, Skill checks; 1 round remaining]
02. Tyche's Touch [+1 to next Save]
03. Bardic Music [+3 Attack, Damage, Will saves versus Fear; 5 rounds remaining]
04. Punishing Stance [+1d4+2 Damage, -2 AC]


22:15, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 28 using 1d20+16. Rabid Wolf Strike @ Wight wolf.
22:18, Today: Kivar von Fabius rolled 24 using 5d4+13. RWS Damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:49, Sun 10 Aug 2014.

Storyteller
 GM, 84 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 11:56
Re: The Game Begins...
With a finishing blow, Kivar quickly dispatches the last Wight.  The sounds of life return to the area, as the eyes of the Wight darken to black.

Combat Over.
Urim Rulyth
 player, 55 posts
 Kolbold Adept/Totemist
 46/66
Sat 9 Aug 2014
at 21:54
Re: The Game Begins...
Urim nodded to Kivar, "My fire is indeed endless. That is a good idea, I will incinerate the corpses. That was quite the vicious blow by the way, I'm beginning to like you warriors from the human lands" the kobold marched around spewing an endless stream of fire over the bodies of the undead to ensure that each was burned away to ash. After the task was finished, he turned to the others, "Is everyone able to continue onward, or do we need to rest for the day to regain our strength?"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:24, Sat 16 Aug 2014.

Survivor
 player, 72 posts
 Crusader/Favored Soul
 Stoneblessed
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 04:44
Re: The Game Begins...
Survivor surveyed the area around them as he spoke. "I do not think it would be wise to stay in one place for too long, Hazkal-Grumbak." He looked to the Bard. "Can you walk?"

OOC: What's everyone's general condition? You don't need to give specific hp but, if you look like you might need healing, Survivor can assist.
Kivar von Fabius
 player, 75 posts
 Human Cleric/Warblade
 62/75 HP
Wed 13 Aug 2014
at 13:48
Re: The Game Begins...
Kivar couldn't help but question mentally whether Urim would feel the same should they ever cross paths with the person who trained him. Outwardly, he simply nodded his understanding and approval. "I am fine, but our comrade here will need mending." It seemed fairly obvious to him that Ranthyr wasn't in any condition to travel at the moment. The only question on his mind regarded the best way to expedite Ranthyr's recovery. "His injuries are most severe, but they aren't anything I can't handle." From the overt signs of Ranthyr's condition, it was likely clear to everyone that such a healing job would exact quite the toll on Kivar even though he didn't mention the cost. Everyone had their roles to play, and managing significant healing loads was just one of his. "We should both be good to travel once I am finished."




Storyteller
 GM, 87 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Tue 30 Jun 2015
at 09:06
Re: The Game Begins...
And so, the battle ends.  The enemies are defeated, though not without expending your parties resources.  The bard waves away Kivar's offer of healing, a song springing from his voice that begins to heal your wounds, mending your clothing, and refreshing your souls.  (OOC:  All Damage, both HP and Ability, is restored.  Any negative condition is removed.)  For a period of a few minutes, even the lands around you seem renewed.
Storyteller
 GM, 90 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Fri 3 Jul 2015
at 20:00
Re: The Game Begins...
The corpses of the wolves begin to disintegrate, melting away into shadow.  Ready to move on, you continue to the estate of Nulchansir, arriving without further encounters.

The massive walls still stand, through overrun with weeds and ivy, and the metal double gate appears to have rusted way more than it should have if it had been abandoned for more than a few years.  Beyond the gate, massive tall grass covers what was once probably a finely cultivated garden.  After a few hundred feet, you notice the massive three story house, still in somewhat good condition, though obviously it would need extensive repairs to make a comfortable home.  The one odd thing is the amount of humidity, a light fog seems to be a constant effect around the area.
Urim Rulyth
 player, 60 posts
 Kolbold Adept/Totemist
 46/66
Sat 4 Jul 2015
at 00:42
Re: The Game Begins...
"Well that place just screams 'unnatural'." Urim huffed small flames from his mouth. He watched the grass, looking for any unusual patterns in the way it moved. "We should keep an eye on the grass. It would be easy for an enemy to hide within.." He grinned, exposing his sharp teeth in manner unnervingly similar to but not quite a smile. "Or I could just burn it as we go, what do you think?" He asked his companions. "The humidity should keep it from burning away on its own, and if it does appear to be burning too fast I can switch to cold fire and put it out."


17:39, Today: Urim Rulyth rolled 16 using 1d20+10. spot the grass.
Storyteller
 GM, 92 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Mon 6 Jul 2015
at 13:29
Re: The Game Begins...


Ranthyr shakes his head in the negative.  "I think they want to reclaim the house and property, and although I don't hear or see anything through the grass, give me a moment to see if I can open the gates lock."  He spoke, moving forward, he examines the rusted lock and the gate as a whole.  Whispering a few words to himself, he touches the lock, trying to pull on it, but doesn't succeed.  He looks over to Survivor, motioning towards the lock.  "Rusted beyond redemption...and my skills will do little with it.  Perhaps you have the strength to break the lock?"  He asked, stepping aside for the goliath.
Storyteller
 GM, 95 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Thu 9 Jul 2015
at 10:21
Re: The Game Begins...
Survivor steps forward, grasping the ancient gate, and pulls it out, snapping the locking mechanism with a loud crack.  The gates squeal loudly as they are opened fully.  The path to the house is covered in knee high weeds, and what looks like gravel mixed in.
Selim Al'Khalid
 player, 91 posts
 Human Cleric/Warblade
 62/75 HP
Thu 9 Jul 2015
at 14:09
Re: The Game Begins...
"So this is the house of evil?" Selim thought aloud as he and his compatriots approached the Nulchansir estate. Instinctively, he drew Pavana but remained largely unaware of the action for the time. To proceed any further without one's weapon drawn would be foolish after all. Since, Tyron had warned of their target's dabbling in the necromantic arts, and they'd been attacked by undead wolves already. Fortunately, Selim's preparations for the imminent battle extended beyond merely readying his trusted guisarme. He had also prayed to Boccob for both the knowledge and power to combat whatever undead horrors awaited him, which Boccob answered by granting him new magics he'd never before wielded. "Shall we?" Assuming Survivor didn't object, Selim took the lead as the group tread through the gate on the estate's ground. As he passed through the gates he tapped into his base, predatory instincts which revealed to him a wide array of odors that were hidden only moments earlier. As he expected, the place reeked of death and decay, but he was less concerned with the presence of undead, they were to be expected after all. That said, he would pay attention to any specific stench that moved toward or away from the group. Instead, he kept his nose peeled for the presence of animal/"human" life outside of his and his companions.



Switching stance from Punishing Stance to Hunter's Sense.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:12, Thu 09 July 2015.

Storyteller
 GM, 99 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Wed 15 Jul 2015
at 11:16
Re: The Game Begins...
The air lies heavy with fog as you move closer to the house.  It seems to thicken further as you reach the entrance way.  Ranthyr holds his hands out for you to stop, kneeling to examine  the door from bottom to top.  "This wood is rotten through and through.  We can get in, I think, but we will destroy the door.  By the Gods, this place really has been neglected...and this fog isn't helping at all.  I wouldn't be surprised if this entire house is about ready to fall."  He spoke, looking to see if the others had any ideas.
Urim Rulyth
 player, 63 posts
 Kolbold Adept/Totemist
 46/66
Wed 15 Jul 2015
at 23:35
Re: The Game Begins...
"If they truly mean to retake this forsaken place, then they'd have to fix it up anyways. Breaking some things probably won't make a difference. Besides, who's to know that we were the ones to break it?" Urim hissed. Glancing up at the tall building, he looked for any windows that might offer a look inside. "I want to try blinking up to a window ledge to look inside. I can only blink about 20 feet, so it might be nice to be thrown upwards to extend how high I can go. I'd also like to be caught if possible, though I could also jump and blink back to the ground if needed. Any takers?"
Selim Al'Khalid
 player, 93 posts
 Human Cleric/Warblade
 75/75 HP
Fri 17 Jul 2015
at 14:35
Re: The Game Begins...
"They would do well to tear down this place and rebuild it in a different place" replied Selim as he began to stalk around the house to allow his heightened sense full opportunity to work its magic. "This land has been cursed by the atrocities committed upon it. Naught but ill will befall anyone who chooses to rebuild here." He worked his way around the manor clockwise as he continued to search for the presence of life. As before, he remained alert for any presence the drew toward him or his companions as well.
Storyteller
 GM, 101 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Wed 22 Jul 2015
at 03:27
Re: The Game Begins...
At Ranthyr's gesture, Survivor knocks down the door, frame and all, with his massive hammer.  The noise is muffled slightly, due to the dense fog permeating the area.  In the entrance hall, there is little light, but it looks like there is doorways to either side, and a set of stairs heading up.
Urim Rulyth
 player, 64 posts
 Kolbold Adept/Totemist
 46/66
Mon 27 Jul 2015
at 02:02
Re: The Game Begins...
"Nevermind then," Urim huffed. "Lets search each floor first before moving on. Wouldn't want to let anything creep up behind us." Urim pressed the side of his head against the right hand door and listened for any sounds of danger.

19:03, Today: Urim Rulyth rolled 13 using 1d20+8. listen at door.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:03, Mon 27 July 2015.

Storyteller
 GM, 102 posts
 Darkness comes...
 Death is everywhere...
Mon 27 Jul 2015
at 11:04
Re: The Game Begins...
As Urim moves forward, he notices that his own claws make little noise upon the rotting wooden floors of the house.  Ranthyr follows behind him, pulling forth a small crystal ball from one of his belt pouches, its glow illuminating the immediate area, similar to a torch.  As you slowly explore each room, Ranthyr pauses to make sure there are no hidden traps, and reveals none.  What was once a finely furnished house, now molders in disrepair.  If there was anything of value once, it has long since rotted or rusted away.  As you progress around the house, there is no signs of habitation, eventually returning to the stairs leading up.